OT DVD's

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire349
i dont post here on the star wars board often. but i have a question for all of you star wars fanatics, do any of you know when they are coming out on dvd? im sure this has been asked alot here. so one more time wont hurt.

Ushgarak
Rick McCallum's line on this is always "Do you want them soon or do you want them good?"

Looking behind that... they apparently want to do a LOT of stuff with these, ranging from a range of extra features that will make the PT discs seem feeble to rumours of genuine new footage.

But it appears that they will not make time for this work until the PT is all done and will not release a basic version before that.

BackFire349
whats pt?

Ushgarak
Sorry, prequel trilogy.

BackFire349
oh. yeah, my theory is they'll release them in a box set with all 6 movies after episode 3 comes out to video and that will be the only way to get them, so people will end up paying for teh movies they already have plus the dvd's. cuz lucas knows people will do it.

Mujaffa
that will be to expensive...i hope they're gonna sell them separateHappy Dance

LanceWindu
Actually box sets can be cheaper than buying them seperately.

Mujaffa
not in norway

mah
of course it would be cheaper to buy a boxset with 6 dvds than buying the 6 dvd's seperately

BackFire349
not if you already have the dvd's of phantom menace and attack of the clones.

LanceWindu
I'm sure those two will be special edition dvd's.

ToMacco
It's all marketing my friends. It's all to make more money. Plain and simple.

LanceWindu
Oh well, they have me hooked.

I have three different versions of the OT already.

All three "original" movies.

The box set from 1996 (I believe)

And the box set for the SE's.

ToMacco
And you'll end up buying the DVD's as well. See how it works? They've milked hundreds of dollars out of you.

LanceWindu
Not me mostly, my dad.

I just took the videos and he doesn't mind.

He just wants the DVD's.

He's a DVD freak now that he has two DVD players.

BackFire349
i have 3, well...2 and my ps2

LanceWindu
That's what we'll have too, once I get a PS2 for Christmas.

mah
I thought PS2 was the system you did have

LanceWindu
Well it was my brother-in-laws and he had to sell it because they were short on money.

But my sister said that she's getting me an expensive gift that plays video games and music cd's and dvd's.

And she has heard me say I don't want an X-Box.

And she knows I don't need a computer all for myself.

BackFire349
yes, you dont want xbox, worst system out ther.e

LanceWindu
And I don't want a GC because it can't play CD's or DVD's.

And that's the only way I'd get a DVD player in my room. (Until I get my own money at least.)

finti
well To, marketing is the effort of getting a product from the idea stage until it is in the hands of the consumer. which is to make money yes ,but marketing involve so much more than just make money.

BackFire349
not to lucas, he is a money hungry whore. he sues everyone for everything.

finti
well maybe he lives a dull life

BackFire349
perhaps.

Julie
hey what's wrong with the x-box....I happen to like mine...though I hardly ever get to play it...besides I'll get to play kotor early

finti
x box is kind of a no no in this forum. go to either to GDF or SW literature and Eu forum with x-box and other consoles stuff

Mujaffa
http://www.georgettesworld.com/main/leiasabaac.jpg

mah
keep the pics to the pic-thread!

Mujaffa
the pics goes everywhere....depends on topic

finti
actually Mujaffa NO

Tex
This is embarassing to admit, but I barely got around to watching AOTC DVD extra features last night, and was floored at the amount of behind the scenes materials of the OT that was shown!

I can pretty much assume that the Extra Features on the OT DVD's will be by far the best of all time.

When are they suppose to come out?
Do you think that he will release all 3 at once or one a year?
Or do you think he's planning on editing and releasing the OT again, and then the DVDs?

Any ideas? smile

finti
dont know, but I presume soon because of the scenes on AOTC

queeq
The only date ever mentioned and repeated was 2006.

And I think the OT stuff wasn't as clear as they could be since they were digitally remastered in the late 90's. They looked like professional video footage digitized for DVD. I doubt this is the real stuff .

finti
2006 oh brother that sucks

Ushgarak
Merging with Backfire's topic on this. Lucasfilm's view has not changed...

mechmoggy
I'll end up buying whatever set they come up with. I too have two sets of the OT, and I have TPM on VHS, VHS wide screen and DVD.

Mrs.MM says I'm just a geek.

queeq
I have three sets of the OT:
First full screen UK edition on VHS, Wide screen OT remastered VHS, Wide screen SE VHS.

finti
Just gave my OT VHS to my nephew, he only had the original VHS`s

mah
so you don't have OT anymore??

queeq
That's.... shocking!

finti
I dont have it anymore. My friend got those on DVD big grin and they are stashed at my house since his dvd player aint working

queeq
OT transfers to DVD??? Interesting.

Darth Vicious
I dont know if u guys know this but they have the OT in DVD at Ebay, i doubt very much that is a license product but itll get the job done until 2006

KJ
It's not liscensed, it's a copy. I've seen one of them and the quality isn't that good. It's like watching Star Wars as an MPEG. It keeps sticking, and crackling up. Or at least the one I saw did.

I think what Lucas does with the OT DVD's will depend on whether or not he releases the films again. There is already a petition up to get him to release all six movies again in cinema's after 2005.

If he does that then I think we'll get a box-set of DVD's. If they aren't released in cinemas then we'll get them seperate.

As for the prequels - I can see him going back and doing special editions.

I really don't get the "Lucas is a money grabber" thing. He got blasted because he said TPM wouldn't be released on DVD, then he did release it after people had bought the VHS. But he only made the DVD because WE wanted it. The PT was never meant to be released on DVD until they were all complete but the FANS demanded that he did.

And how many times has The Matrix been released? 2? 3?

And then you have LOTR. You get one DVD. Then a special edition a few weeks later and New Line have said that when all 3 are released there is going to be a special edition box-set.

That's 9 different DVD's for only 3 films.

finti
The copys my friend have of the OT on DVD is in tip top shape. Very good copies indeed.

Julie
I don't know how to make such "questionable" copies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.