Sam Raimi - Worthy Or Not?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spidermanrocks
Do you think Sam Raimi is worthy of doing Spider-Man movies? Don't forget the pole!!

Kazenji
He's ok at it

but i can already see Mr Parkers answer for it "HE SUCKS!! GIVE ME A NEW DIRECTOR!!" roll eyes (sarcastic)

BruceSkywalker
Worthy or not Raimi is doing these movie for a very long time

lord xyz
He's okay to great.

SamZED
Meh. Hes ok but nothing special. Too much cheese, Parker out of character + Dunst Tobey - definitely NOT the best choice...

spidermanrocks
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Worthy or not Raimi is doing these movie for a very long time

I have no problem with Sam Raimi. I just want to hear what others think of him. That's why I made this thread.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by spidermanrocks
I have no problem with Sam Raimi. I just want to hear what others think of him. That's why I made this thread.

he is loved, he is hated, that will not change the fact that people have watched all three Spiderman movies and will see Spidey 4, 5, 6 and beyond

Quincy
He's good. The Spider Man movies are fantastic - real main stream. They go beyond the screens of purely comic book fans. Taking a character like Spider-Man and making 3 movies that aren't absolutely ridiculous is an impressive feat.

SamZED
Why? People LOVE Spider-man, So making three movies about him that people would wanna go see isnt that impressive. Especially concidering that it was the first time Spidey was on the big screen.

Arachnid1
Normally, I would have said he did an awesome job, but after 3, he went down a bit. I said he did ok. He can redeem himself though. With the masterpieces that were Spider 1 and 2, I know the dudes got it in him.

The Nuul
1 and 2 were really good, 3 sucked balls and it was his fault. This left a nasty bitter taste in my mouth about him. Does he deserve to get another shot? nothing I can do there.....its going to happen or not. Will I like SM 4? time will tell.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by The Nuul
1 and 2 were really good, 3 sucked balls and it was his fault. This left a nasty bitter taste in my mouth about him. Does he deserve to get another shot? nothing I can do there.....its going to happen or not. Will I like SM 4? time will tell. It wasn't really his fault. I still blame it on Sony for forcing him to use Venom in the movie. His original joices where Sandman and New Goblin or Sandman and Vulture. If it wasn't for Sony forcing Venom down his throat, Spiderman 3 could have been just as amazing as 1 and 2 I think.

The Nuul
The fans wanted Venom, Raimi didnt like him so he did it his way and pretty much said screw them on what they want. I am going to mess this character up.

BUSTER1
Spiderman 1 was very good, 2 was was great, but 3 was a real letdown. For me Raimi seemed to be making 3 while on autopilot, whilst he put his heart and soul into the first 2 movies.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by The Nuul
The fans wanted Venom, Raimi didnt like him so he did it his way and pretty much said screw them on what they want. I am going to mess this character up. I seriously doubt he would **** up the character on purpose and risk loosing millions of dollars over an inconvenience. The dude had Venom forced down his throat at last minute and did the best he could with it. It didn't turn out good, but its hardly his fault. Sure, its no secret he doesn't really care much for Venom, but it doesn't mean he ****ed over the character because he didn't like him.

Quincy
Originally posted by SamZED
Why? People LOVE Spider-man, So making three movies about him that people would wanna go see isnt that impressive. Especially concidering that it was the first time Spidey was on the big screen.

cigar
People love Superman (way more than Spider man by the way) - but that didn't stop the Returns movie from tanking and sucking balls.

The fact that he made people want to go see it wasn't the impressive part - it was the fact that they were all actually GOOD movies, that people OTHER than comic book fans can appreciate.

SamZED
Actually this days people love Spider-man morebig grin
Supes is just more wellknown. Also watching a movie about a guy that can do anything is kinda boring..

Quincy
Actually this days people love Spider-man morebig grin

And you can thank Sam Raimi's movies for that.

end game.

SamZED
Originally posted by Quincy
And you can thank Sam Raimi's movies for that.

end game.

And you can thank "incert any director's name" for that. Spider-man movies did not need Raimi, almost any director (as long as he's not a complete idiot) could've made the movies and they would've been just as interesting and popular or even more interesting (SM3). It's Raimi who should be thankfull he got the chance to make the movies about Spider-man.

Quincy
So you're saying

1. Sam Raimi does not deserve credit for making Spider-Man a respectable movie franchise increasing the characters popularity?

And 2. that anyone could have made a better or at least as good Spidey movie as Sam Raimi's?

Placidity
He should get credit for the first two movies... In fact I'm pretty sure he brought comic book adaptations to a whole new level with Spider-man.

Quincy
Originally posted by Placidity
He should get credit for the first two movies... In fact I'm pretty sure he brought comic book adaptations to a whole new level with Spider-man.

Agreed

SamZED
Originally posted by Quincy
So you're saying

1. Sam Raimi does not deserve credit for making Spider-Man a respectable movie franchise increasing the characters popularity?

And 2. that anyone could have made a better or at least as good Spidey movie as Sam Raimi's? Not anyone. But many. Some would've made better.

Mr. Rhythmic
Do you think Sam Raimi is worthy of doing Spider-Man movies?

Yes to the millionth degree.

spidermanrocks
Everyone is voting "he rocks" or "he's ok." Only one person so far has voted "he sucks" and I bet it's Mr. Parker lol.

Parmaniac
Not anyone. But many. Some would've made better.

I thought I was alone here thinking so...

Micheal_Myers
When I saw the first two Spidey movies I loved them. After giving them some time and watching them again, I didn't enjoy them as much. Spiderman 3 is obviously a joke but I wont hold that over Raimi's head right now. Raimi is ok, but there are people out there that could've done better.

Parmaniac
Everyone is voting "he rocks" or "he's ok." Only one person so far has voted "he sucks" and I bet it's Mr. Parker lol. Not the only one shifty

Mr Parker
Not anyone. But many. Some would've made better.

exactly.good to see that many here agree with me that he did a lousy job in making these movies.casting mcguire was the worst casting choice possible,the guy makes me cringe when he talks and he sounds bored to death.cant believe the foolish people who are dumb enough to believe that just because they made so much money at the box office,they were great films. laughing spidey is such an immensely popular iconic symbol to the world,that the name alone spider-man was guaranteed to make it a box office smash. roll eyes (sarcastic) people were just glad to FINALLY see a spiderman movie made and see a guy in a spiderman outfit on screen after being delayed for so many years didnt matter how bad the films were.they would have been so much better with a guy like Nolan directing the movies who researches the material and stays loyal to the source material.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Not the only one shifty

yep im not the only one vote that voted he sucks. laughing its pretty even in the polls.

KCJ506
I guess I'm in the middle here. I loved the first two movies. The third....not so much. They weren't perfect by any means. There were some things I weren't fond of. Dunst's MJ, most of the villains being sympathetic and finding out who Spider-man is, but I can't let my geekiness blind me.

One thing I"ll NEVER do is join this vicious, sudden, and completely undeserved "he got it wrong all along" bandwagon. Raimi may not have made what this of that fanboy calls the perfect Spider-Man movies, but he made at least two great Spidey movies out of three. Spider-Man is about much more than saying ten little jokes whlle throwing a punch, and the tremendous critical and commercial success of the first two movies is proof of that.

Icy Ninja
I only ever truly liked was the first one didn't agree with some of the choices made in the second one and have only ever thought of it as a ok movie and I enjoyed the third one when I first saw it with my friends opening night but within a couple of days I relised that it sucked and a second viewing conformed this for me. So overall Rami was ok i guess.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.