Can politicians talk to Americans like adults?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coberst

Magee
Global warming happens regardless of our contribution. Do you think Earths climate has stayed the same for millions of years? It does'nt matter what we do to 'prevent' climate change as there are a thousand other problems that mean in the next 100 years there is a high probability that either the majority or a good percentage of the human population will be gone which is a good thing for the human species as a whole and our planet.

Humans are selfish by nature, a lot of people don't care about these kind of things and very rarely if ever even think about them as it's not an immediate danger. Since you can't see, feel or even perceive such a threat to your existence then there is no need to worry but I'm just reiterating the OP now.

Politicians are there to win votes and not to inform the public of any thing out side of there stance on imigration.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Magee
Global warming happens regardless of our contribution. That doesn't exactly give us free rein to do what ever the feck we want either.

coberst
Magee

Death of a human happens but it is often illegal for me to cause it.

Magee
Originally posted by coberst
Magee

Death of a human happens but it is often illegal for me to cause it. Sorry but that is the worse analogy I have ever seen. In fact it supports what I said, it may be ilegal yet people do it every day.

Shey Tapani
Americans are programmed to turn of their critical thinking when it comes to politics.

Dr Will Hatch
Originally posted by Shey Tapani
Americans are programmed to turn of their critical thinking when it comes to politics. It's not limited to Americans.

Darth Jello
So basically with what's happened since 1980, it would sound like this- "Look, just give us all your money so we can give it to our rich friends and they'll tell us what to tell you to do. Now get back to work or we'll drop a neutron bomb on your neighborhood. Do you really think those were meant for use in foreign wars?"

jinXed by JaNx
No, because if politicians spoke to adults like adults, we would be hearing the truth. Truth, however, has no realm in the world of politics.

DarthLazious
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
No, because if politicians spoke to adults like adults, we would be hearing the truth. Truth, however, has no realm in the world of politics.

Thats correct. It shows how weak our goverment really is which is sad but so very true.

Shey Tapani
Originally posted by Darth Jello
So basically with what's happened since 1980, it would sound like this- "Look, just give us all your money so we can give it to our rich friends and they'll tell us what to tell you to do. Now get back to work or we'll drop a neutron bomb on your neighborhood. Do you really think those were meant for use in foreign wars?"

Political manipulation is way older then that.

Shakyamunison

Darth Jello
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Why do liberals think they are smarter then everyone else? stick out tongue because social and often times economic liberalism is typically directly related to a person's level of education regardless of their discipline and by its very nature, conservatism is fundamentally and ideologically anti-intellectual and anti-progressive (in every definition of the term "progress"wink?

Dr Will Hatch
Originally posted by Darth Jello
because social and often times economic liberalism is typically directly related to a person's level of education regardless of their discipline and by its very nature, conservatism is fundamentally and ideologically anti-intellectual and anti-progressive (in every definition of the term "progress"wink? What about anarchists, followers of the Austrian School, Randroids and other off center political constituents?

overlord
lots of americans can act like adults,

but all I see on mtv is spoiled brats and meth addicts sad

Darth Jello
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
What about anarchists, followers of the Austrian School, Randroids and other off center political constituents? Being a stubborn flat earther doesn't necessarily mean you're a moron. Jimmy Carter was a genius as a nuclear physicist but is a dumbass as a politician. Not to mention that some people are intelligent AND malicious.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by overlord
lots of americans can act like adults,

but all I see on mtv is spoiled brats and meth addicts sad You're thinking of Fox.

Ms.Marvel
zing

Darth Jello
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
You're thinking of Fox. No, they're mostly child molesters and people Morris Dees hasn't gotten around to going after yet.

overlord
You're thinking of Fox. megan fox???

Amazing Vrayo!!
That doesn't exactly give us free rein to do what ever the feck we want either. why not?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.