Why does Michael Myers do this

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Insomniatric
In the original Halloween, after a bunch of kids pick on Tommy, one of them runs out through the gate, and suddenly we see Michael grab the kid, then let him go.

I never got why he did that.

Micheal_Myers
Because he was stalking out Tommy Doyle. So he just soo happened to be in the neighborhood. The kid running into him is just dramatic effect to show he is there.

dadudemon
He's asking why he let the kid go. He's supposed to be pure evil, yet, he let a kid go.

steverules_2
Cause there was no point in killing the kid...

MildPossession
Because poor Mr. Myers is misunderstood.

Nemesis X
Because Myers doesn't want to get another lawsuit from Freddy.

Selphie
My idea would be that because Michael once was a boy, and was somewhat normal I suppose when he was a kid, but after the incident with his sister, that's when he changed. He probably remembered being a kid that didn't fit in, and was picked on, and decided to somehow stand up or help Tommy.

steverules_2
...but he didn't help Tommy, he let the kid who tripped up and picked on Tommy...run away, he didn't kill him or tell him off erm

Micheal_Myers
YEAH! Lets go killing people in broad daylight shall we?

I mean, I know it doesnt matter since he is Michael Myers. But come on, usually when slasher villains kill someone, its usually in an obscure area where not many people are around to see it. (Keyword here is usuallly, I dont wanna see people start pulling out clips of movies where the villain brutally murders someone in front of the entire cast cause I know they're out there.)

It would have been terrible storytelling if Myers would have murdered a child right there, creating panic all too soon in a movie thats supposed to be suspensful. As I said before, it was ALL dramatic effect. Make the audience jump a little. You know how it goes.

Why are we questioning the methods of a psychopath anyway?

Selphie
Originally posted by steverules_2
...but he didn't help Tommy, he let the kid who tripped up and picked on Tommy...run away, he didn't kill him or tell him off erm

Well, Michael was a reason why the kids ran away, he scared them off by his looks/presence.

jinXed by JaNx
no kids....,come on now even evil boogeymen got morals.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
no kids....,come on now even evil boogeymen got morals.

All except Freddy. He killed kids that looked five years old for christ sakes which is pretty messed up.

Selphie
Originally posted by Nemesis X
All except Freddy. He killed kids that looked five years old for christ sakes which is pretty messed up.

oh right, pedophile!

Wolfie
Let's just kill a random kid that we have no emotional attachment to in broad daylight in front of a bunch of witnesses.

Michael would be locked up in the asylum again before he does what he wants to do.

Insomniatric
Originally posted by Wolfie
Let's just kill a random kid that we have no emotional attachment to in broad daylight in front of a bunch of witnesses.

Michael would be locked up in the asylum again before he does what he wants to do.

Michael kills people who he has no emotional attachment to all the time, in fact every single person he kills he has no feelings for. That's just because he is incapable of emotions. It's just that he doesn't do it in broad daylight.

And yeah, I'm sure he would allow them to bring him to the same place he planned to break out of for 15 years.

Parmaniac
unwritten Horror Film Law, NO Childs gets killed (only a few examples dening that law are existing) for Freddy he's only told to kill children but never shown in his movies on screen, he kills hormon overdosed Teenagers

Insomniatric
Originally posted by Parmaniac
unwritten Horror Film Law, NO Childs gets killed (only a few examples dening that law are existing) for Freddy he's only told to kill children but never shown in his movies on screen, he kills hormon overdosed Teenagers

I don't remember if they showed it or not, but didn't the guy from the Hitcher remake kill an entire family?

And I remember Michael chasing down a little boy while in a car in Halloween 5, and wanting to kill a baby in Halloween 6.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Selphie
Well, Michael was a reason why the kids ran away, he scared them off by his looks/presence.

No he didn't...they ran away because they just..ran away, they tripped Tommy and made him smash his pumpkin, what else were they gonna do? Start a camp fire and have roast some marsh mellows? It was halloween...they wanted to go home, get into costume and go trick 'r' treating. Mike didn't make them run away, they just ran away and one kid happened to bump into Mike...

Insomniatric
No he didn't...they ran away because they just..ran away, they tripped Tommy and made him smash his pumpkin, what else were they gonna do? Start a camp fire and have roast some marsh mellows? It was halloween...they wanted to go home, get into costume and go trick 'r' treating. Mike didn't make them run away, they just ran away and one kid happened to bump into Mike...

Bump into him? Michael reached out and grabbed him.

But I'm sure it was to scare the audience.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Nemesis X

yeah, Freddy is a bastard laughing out loud

steverules_2
Originally posted by Insomniatric
Bump into him? Michael reached out and grabbed him.

But I'm sure it was to scare the audience.

Well if Mike hadn't grabbed him he would ran into him/bumped into him erm

Insomniatric
Well if Mike hadn't grabbed him he would ran into him/bumped into him erm

He actually kind of moved toward the kid, and reached out and grabbed him. Then let him go, so it was pretty pointless for Mike to grab him.

I found a video of it right here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vmFfUuG4M0

I think he heard the kids saying the Boogeyman is coming, Mike was just being an assh*le, scaring little kids, lol.

steverules_2
It was a pretty pointless kinda scene i guess and yet...i kinda liked it erm

Mike loves kids, remember how good he was with his niece...oh...wait...

Insomniatric

Mike loves kids, remember how good he was with his niece...oh...wait...

Yeah, they got along great.

Just look

http://www.filmedge.net/Halloween/graphix/films/H6Jamie.jpg

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Insomniatric
I don't remember if they showed it or not, but didn't the guy from the Hitcher remake kill an entire family?

And I remember Michael chasing down a little boy while in a car in Halloween 5, and wanting to kill a baby in Halloween 6.

hm yeah but did they actually showed HOW he was killing the kid or just something like: Michael stands in front of the kid/baby looking at it /cut/ another scene?

I don't really like Halloween so I just watched a few of them so I don't really know

I don't meant that kids got killed in movies I was more reffering to the fact that you don't actually see how they got killed like Adults and Teenagers.

Insomniatric
I could have sworn they showed Anakin killing those kids in Revenge of the Sith, but that's not exactly a horror movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.