Soulfire DS vs. Thanos with...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Power Gem, Time Gem and Reality Gem

Who wins.

Galan007
stalemate.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Galan007
stalemate.

question if I had made this Thanos with the IG would your answer been the same Galan?

Enyalus
Stalemate sounds fine to me.

Galan007
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
question if I had made this Thanos with the IG would your answer been the same Galan? in that scenario i might give thanos the majority.

Philosophía
in that scenario i might give thanos the majority.

I'm lost

Galan007
^ thanos wasn't on that list... stick out tongue

srsly though, my previous statement was mainly for arguments sake.

Enyalus
Don't tell me Mr. Creator of the IG Respect thread would typically side with SF DS over the IG if there wasn't an argument to worry about? no

Galan007
depends how you choose to look at things. some might be of the impression that the source is > IG. if so, then some would also believe that SF-darky is more powerful than the IG.

Enyalus
Fair enough. Even though logically speaking, since SF DS was only stalemating The Source and using it's own power to do so, SF DS must have only possessed half of the Source's power.

Galan007
Originally posted by Enyalus
Fair enough. Even though logically speaking, since SF DS was only stalemating The Source and using it's own power to do so, SF DS must have only possessed half of the Source's power. in the power to power department, darkseid actually had the edge.

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

Enyalus
in the power to power department, darkseid actually had the edge.
Ah. Looked even, power wise, when I read it the first time. I think I recall Darkseid landing one or two more blows, but I thought that was to be expected from someone used to having a physical body with actual fighting experience.

You could be right, though. I won't argue. lol

Galan007
Ah. Looked even, power wise, when I read it the first time. I think I recall Darkseid landing one or two more blows, but I thought that was to be expected from someone used to having a physical body with actual fighting experience.

You could be right, though. I won't argue. lol not only was darkseid denying the source's attempts at taking back the new god energies , but he also told the source of his plan to eternally imprison him - taking precautions far beyond the necessary to ensure the source would never escape. it was only when the trump card was summoned that darkseid would fall. this doesn't really make sense either, as the source also created orion, but whatevs...

point is, darkseid spoke of his power being grander, spoke of his plans of imprisonment, and the source did not argue.

Enyalus
That's cool. It's still, dare I say it...speechification? laughing out loud

I'm talking about how the fight looked on-panel. They looked pretty equal, with DS landing a blow or two more, IIRC.

Galan007
lol true. but if the source would have been able to defeat darkseid by itself, orion/the prophecy wouldn't have been needed.

Enyalus
Right. They seemed about equal. stick out tongue

And since Darkseid was using Its own power to achieve that, he had about half of the Source's power, I would think (if we do this by logic. Maybe other extrapolations could be made, otherwise.)

I don't think half of the Source's power is enough to successfully stand up to the full Infinity Gauntlet at all. So SF DS would lose that fight everytime, IMO.

Galan007
Right. They seemed about equal. stick out tongue

And since Darkseid was using Its own power to achieve that, he had about half of the Source's power, I would think (if we do this by logic. Maybe other extrapolations could be made, otherwise.) half? what exactly is half of infinity? imo, darkseid was merely tapping the source's power, to a better degree than the source itself was capable of. the happenings of the comic itself certainly point to such .

Philosophía
*points twoards what the Source was encircled with when Darkseid trapped him*

Galan007

Philosophía
Anti-life.

Just in case somebody is going to mention something like that he was powered by 'only' his power being multiplied from all the souls of the New Gods he obtained.

Galan007
^ good point. thumb up

though darkseid still mentioned that teh soul powa was > ALE.

Enyalus
half? what exactly is half of infinity?
Less than full infinity, like Thanos w/ IG has.

imo, darkseid was merely tapping the source's power, to a better degree than the source itself was capable of.
No kidding. And since they were basically stalemating each other, he had about half. stick out tongue

Galan007
No kidding. And since they were basically stalemating each other, he had about half. stick out tongue like me and phil were just commenting on, darkseid apparently bound/trapped the source with anti-life energy:

http://s1d4.turboimagehost.com/t/1893350_ds.jpg http://s1d4.turboimagehost.com/t/1893351_ds2.jpg

and to trap the source against it's will would require > half of it's overall power.

Enyalus
Galan, quit manufacturing evidence. You clearly drew those.

Seriously.

Galan007
embarrassingly enough, even Thibert's rather cheesy style of art is out of my "scope." stick out tongue

Enyalus
I remember the second scan but not the first, which is weird for me.

Ah well. I didn't like it enough to buy the arc, my fault. lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.