The Two Towers - Inside the Effects

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dejio
Have you guys checked this one out. It's the making of LOTR:TTT.

Enter this site: www.lordoftherings.net
And then navigate yourself through "The Legend - Inside the Effects - Enter Helms Deep - Armies - Massive Brains"

It's amazing how they did those warriors with idividual AI's using a program called MASSIVE. It's like having digital extras waiting for the director to shout "Action!"
Amazing..so awe-inspiring.

Dark_Queen
all of the effects in TTT were just amazing,it looked so realistic.
im sure it will win an oscar 4 best visual effects again!!!i love how they did the fighting scenes-so many orcs!!!!but i can't believe it was computer generated!!!!

ps,i like your avatorwinkits way cool cool

Dejio
Thanks.
TTT should really get some awards here. PJ should get Best Director and TTT for Best Movie. Oh and Gollum/Smeogol for Best CGI Actor (If they add that category anyway)!

Dexx
i would have been surprised for them not to be.

Gollum was very good indeed.

Fitch
great CGI at gollum and at those massive armies.anyway,special effects oscar....here comes TTT big grin

Dejio
In almost all reviews I've read regarding TTT, they were all impressed by the character Gollum; Andy Serkis' acting and the detail in the CGI character.
Wonder what the people at the Oscars (or any other award body for that matter) are doing in reaction to this?
You guys think they'll consider Andy Serkis for the Best Supporting Actor category? Or are they creating a whole new category; Best CGI Character?

mah
dunno..hopefully

Dexx
or maybe it's integrated in CGIs overall.

General Kaliero
There's not that many CGI actors... I can only think of two.

mah
remember the one from harry potter2 too

General Kaliero
Oh YEEEAAAHHH.... I hated him, but that makes three. Gollum would still win.

Dark_Queen
gollum should win best supporting actor!!!!fingers crossed!!!

Dark_Queen
LOTR had better win something at the oscars anyhow..or else...smile

mah
well I'd be *very* surprised if it didn't

Dark_Queen
lol,well it didnt win anything at the golden globessad,but thats not important.Go LOTR for best director & film!!!!

what other parts of the film did you like that were done by computer graphics???????
i liked it when legolas did that cool jump up onto his horse....
treebeard wasn't bad either...
hmmmmmmm..thats all i can think of 4 now

DQ

mah
the orc army

Dejio
I'd have to say, the first scene where Gandalf was beating the crap off the Balrog.

Dexx
u might find this silly, but my faivourite immage wasn't any of these grand appearances.
this is the immage that gave me the biggest chill from the moveis so far.
Old aragorn lying solemnly on that stone, backgrounded by minas tirith...that's just beautifull

Mithrandir
hmmph...when is this? aragorn never travells nor goes even close to Minas Tirith in the movie! could u be thinking of rivindell or edoras

Dejio
Now that you've mentioned it, I do love that scene too.
I don't know.. it just gives me the same feeling when I read the books.
It's pure fantasy. The place looks unreal. (And I meant that as a compliment) It gives your mind so much to imagine; what other adventures happened before that scene, what where Arwen's and Aragon's life before that... All past and "If's"

Am I making sense? Oh well, I just love that scene. big grin

Wonder how long Arwen (could've/would've) stayed beside Aragorns tomb before passing her long years walking middle-earth..alone. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dexx
it's all in arwen's immagination, when elrond talks to her.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.