Marvel Anime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
http://www.comicvine.com/news/marvel-anime-tv-series-debuts-at-san-diego-comic-con/138904/

XanatosForever
Umm...fail?

Kazenji
Who knows.....i''l wait for a trailer before i judge it.

Magee
Could be good if Marvel has no input and just give the studio free reign with certain characters. It would be interesting to see a japanese / anime take on them and not just the animation style with the same old recycled story lines Marvel love to use.

jalek moye
Originally posted by Magee
Could be good if Marvel has no input and just give the studio free reign with certain characters. It would be interesting to see a japanese / anime take on them and not just the animation style with the same old recycled story lines Marvel love to use.
I'd prefer if they were atleast the actual characters and not some alternate take on them But with new storylines and actual violence unlike the crap in there cartoons in america

Quincy
Japanese comics are far more entertaining than American. I'm excited to see how this plays out.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Quincy
Japanese comics are far more entertaining than American.

They're about the same for me.

jalek moye
Japanese comics are far more entertaining than American. I'm excited to see how this plays out.
they are about the same to me

just depends on which ones.

And if you compare them chapter to issue

or volume to Trade

Kris Blaze
This is gonna be shit.

facepalm

danteiscool
I'm interested. I've always wanted to see what would happen if something like this would happen. as long as they keep the marvel heroes (and maybe villains) the same in terms of who they are and their powers, then it should be okay.

now that I think on it, Hulk in comics doesn't cause as much destruction as I always him causing, so maybe in the anime (if he's in there) he will.

Quincy
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
facepalm

awesrug

I like how manga is just one long story, each to their seperate universe, instead of all around changes in continuity and retconning and alternate universes and everybody appearing in everyone else's comics.

jalek moye
awesrug

I like how manga is just one long story, each to their seperate universe, instead of all around changes in continuity and retconning and alternate universes and everybody appearing in everyone else's comics.

Comics are like that two actually. its just some series are in shared universes. There are just as many stand alones though

Wei Phoenix
awesrug

Arale in Dragonball? Those are two separate universes entirely. It's like you're saying that people who live right down the street from someone, should never be seen. They all live in the same world and they all have common enemies so why wouldn't they appear in each other's books?

Quincy
Oh christ dude. Relax. That's not what I'm saying at all.

Kris Blaze
awesrug

There's plenty retconning and changes being done in various Manga. Nor is there that much of it in comics. But I'll gladly take a few logical changes when it comes with vastly superior art and storyline.

Quincy
You guys dont have to defend american comics, I wasn't insulting them.

I just like one straight-forward story.

Kris Blaze
You guys dont have to defend american comics, I wasn't insulting them.

I just like one straight-forward story.

Yeah, be still. uhuh

Quincy
stoned Crazy kids

Kris Blaze
Birthday February 12th, 1990

biscuits

psycho gundam
i like this idea.

Quincy
So is it just an Iron man show and a wolverine show?

Black Yoshi
Isn't Marvel suppose to partner up with the other anime company called Tatsunoko? I remember reading an article about that...

Kazenji
So is it just an Iron man show and a wolverine show?

For the moment

psycho gundam
those are the easiest really.

iron fist would be easy as shit.

captain america would need a massive history re-write if you know what i mean.

jalek moye
Dark Horse (the third largest comic book company) doesnt have a single shared universe

dadudemon
Originally posted by jalek moye
Dark Horse (the third largest comic book company) doesnt have a single shared universe

I don't believe you.

http://www.darkhorse.com/Products/15-872/Bettie-Page-Color-Changing-Mug

Kazenji
I thought they did with X, Barb Wire, Ghost and few others.

Geass
It might be good.Might actually get to see some extreme action that's close to probably the anime Afro Samurai hopefully.Although I'd rather see they put DareDevil for the anime instead of Iron Man.

I am who I am
Yeah, this could be interestin'.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Geass
It might be good.Might actually get to see some extreme action that's close to probably the anime Afro Samurai hopefully.Although I'd rather see they put DareDevil for the anime instead of Iron Man.

We have things like Ghost in the Shell and Gundam b.s. I don't see why Ironman would be a massive difference. Robotic enhancements are far from new to Anime. smile

XanatosForever
Japanese style Marvel isn't new. They've done it before in book format. Iron Man just looked more like what you would expect from anime mecha.

Geass
Originally posted by dadudemon
We have things like Ghost in the Shell and Gundam b.s. I don't see why Ironman would be a massive difference. Robotic enhancements are far from new to Anime. smile
But it probably won't have enough action since it's Iron Man.I don't have a problem with Wolverine(I don't like him),but his show is going to be with a lot of action,Iron Man's probably won't

dadudemon
But it probably won't have enough action since it's Iron Man.I don't have a problem with Wolverine(I don't like him),but his show is going to be with a lot of action,Iron Man's probably won't

No. Ironman is lots of action.

My brother was obsessed with Ironman, when were kids. I read all of his Ironman comics. It had more than enough action to keep me reading it.

Besides, if you like Naruto, you don't like that much action. Naruto is 99% talk, 1% action. There's even tons of talking during fights!

If you think I'm exaggerating with my numbers, I'm not. In fact, I may have low balled it. Count how many panels have action and count how many panels have talking or other things. I'm sure you'll come up with something greater than 1 to 99.

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by Black Yoshi
Isn't Marvel suppose to partner up with the other anime company called Tatsunoko? I remember reading an article about that...

Yeah but in three years.

steverules_2
The wolverine storyline snikt was anime I believe

jalek moye
Originally posted by Kazenji
I thought they did with X, Barb Wire, Ghost and few others.
well maybe a few but for the most part there seires are highly separated. unless u include spin offs

Nemesis X
Hopefully this animated Iron Man series will be far better than the previous. Has anyone seen Armored Adventures sick

psycho gundam
for the guy who said ironman has no action, here is a sideshow of 3 of his comics put together (uploading it would be a bytch so this works out better)

AkHItRwZf-M

for context, the guy he's fighting has been given high quality chemicals that enhanced his body, and now stark's on his ass. (no homo)

and the drawings are beautiful.

Quincy
I have Extremis

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Hopefully this animated Iron Man series will be far better than the previous. Has anyone seen Armored Adventures sick

Well duh that one is crap....The old 90's one is better then the new one.

Peterlane
Armored Adventures is shit

Geass
No. Ironman is lots of action.

My brother was obsessed with Ironman, when were kids. I read all of his Ironman comics. It had more than enough action to keep me reading it.

Besides, if you like Naruto, you don't like that much action. Naruto is 99% talk, 1% action. There's even tons of talking during fights!

If you think I'm exaggerating with my numbers, I'm not. In fact, I may have low balled it. Count how many panels have action and count how many panels have talking or other things. I'm sure you'll come up with something greater than 1 to 99. I agree with you on Naruto,I'm just probably basing the action off the Iron Man movie.

Kazenji
Originally posted by psycho gundam

iron fist would be easy as shit.

Agreed especally when they done Baki the grappler, Dragonball,Z,GT, Fist of the north star and many other martial arts anime.

dadudemon
I agree with you on Naruto,I'm just probably basing the action off the Iron Man movie.
Yup. Americans like fantastic fights and explosions. We're a bit more immature when it comes to films. lol

(But I ****in' love it!)

super pr*xy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4Q7xgxDJh4

trailer for iron man anime..

No End N Site
Changed my mind about this, Lord no! Pleez NO! It's great that Marvel wants to step into anime and they should make original anime properties. I do not want to see an anime Spider Man, Iron Man or X-Men. They will RUIN American icons. I don't want to see my Marvel Super Heros anime-ized", at all...Comics have always been better the manga by a long shot, imo, and I want things to remain that way.

Originally posted by super pr*xy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4Q7xgxDJh4

trailer for iron man anime..

NOOOOOOOOoooooooo!!!!

Seriously, it looks cool, although the dude with the white hair is exactly what I did not wanna see in an Iron Man animation. I just hope MARVEL is in charge of the story, if not....
Originally posted by me
NOOOOOOOoooooooo!!!!

Kazenji
Originally posted by No End N Site
Comics have always been better the manga by a long shot

Some anime geeks would disagree on that.

Ms.Marvel
comic books are shit compared to manga imo because the story suffers because its not allowed to end. characters arent allowed to stay dead because if they die and their series ends thats less money to be had, so death has no consequences in the universe which takes the thrill out of everything imo. its like "OH MAN CAPTAIN AMERICA VS IRON MAN WHO WILL SURVIVE??!!?" who cares? theyre both popular characters if either die theyll be back in a few years max, and sure enough they will eventually be friends again and will most likely even be on the same team.

people dont die, they dont age (how long has iron man been around? since the 60's-70's? how come he isnt in like his 50's by now?), the character designs are more about catering to the demographics basic wants (every male superhero is ultra buff unless its apart of their gimmick to not be buff like spiderman or the blob, all the female superheroes have huge breasts and wear either almost nothing or skin tight clothing), etc.

comics are all about fan service which limits the potential of the story and writing, imo. manga doesnt suffer from that limitation. look at naruto. the two main characters, naruto and sasuke, are two of the most unpopular characters at the moment, but kishimoto doesnt even give a heck. its his story and hes going to tell it the way he wants it be told, not just what the fans want, and as a result the story is very good, imo.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
comics are all about fan service which limits the potential of the story and writing, imo. manga doesnt suffer from that limitation

Bullshit

Manga too has its own fan service panty shots and all the rest.

Kazenji
comic books are shit compared to manga imo because the story suffers because its not allowed to end.

laughing

You must'nt have read many comics to make that conclusion i can name one that does end, Watchmen.... no doubt theres plenty more

Ms.Marvel
im obviously talking about comics like marvel and dc not graphic novels which is what watchmen is roll eyes (sarcastic)

you missed my point

Kazenji
im obviously talking about comics like marvel and dc not graphic novels which is what watchmen is roll eyes (sarcastic)

Which Watchmen comes under the DC label roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ummm no i did'nt

your saying comics (American ones) all are about fan service which limits the potenital of the story and i know what fan service is and Manga has it far share of it.

Ms.Marvel
Which Watchmen comes under the DC label roll eyes (sarcastic)

watchmen is a graphic novel doesnt matter who licensed it.

and if it wasnt so what? thats one comic out of how many hundreds? the majority of people who read comics didnt even know what watchmen was until two years ago, but you can ask anyone and theyll know who superman is and theyll know about his comic series; which is the kind im talking about.

im saying that American comic series tend to get so caught up with fan service that it limits the quality of plot progression, which doesnt happen in manga; i did not say that manga doesnt have fan service period. of course there is fan service but when was the last time nearly every guy in a manga series was completely toned with a six pack and had great genetics and was generally very handsome? or every girl had big breasts and wears a tight leather outfit? when was the last time you read a manga that after twenty years none of its characters ever died or got old? when was the last time you read a manga where the author had character A kill character B, only to have character B come back next year with some hoaky time travel/dimensional rift/heave hell scheme?

im sure you can think of plenty of examples for all the questions i asked, but they will always be exceptions to the rule not the rule. the reason for this is is because these type of story faults are not commonplace in manga, but it is common in american comic book series. a manga is like making a movie: a movie has a beginning, and an end, and so the characters and story has to be written in a way that accepts the fact that it will end eventually. american comic book series' are written like a sitcom: the characters are written so that they can always come back and there can always be another adventure if the characters gets popular enough or he/she is needed for another story arc. as such the character doesnt change.

look at superman. 50 years from now where will batman be? he'll still be in his mid/late thirties or however old he is, still trying to cleanse gotham of crime. the joker will still be around screwing with him. same with superman, and the JLA. 50 years from now there will still be a bunch of idiot criminals that think that superman who can move faster than light will be unable to deal with their machine guns and catch their get-a-way cars. even after a hundred years of comic book events and stories superman will still be a boy scout who rarely ever kills and batman will still think its against his morals to kill even though the people he leaves alive end up killing innocent people anyway. there will be no character development.

do you know why that is? fan service. because 50 years from now if comics are still popular, teenagers and young men will pay money to see a man in his mid-thirties with a six pack kick ass, even if hes been doing it for the last hundred years. theyre only 20 years old they dont care that that batman should have died of old age by now; and they dont care that after seeing joker kill thousands of people batman should have ****ing killed him by now. they dont want to see the heroes hang up their capes and say that theyve finally achieved their goal. so marvel and dc wont show it to them unless its in the form of a "what if" or something.

manga is the opposite. 50 years from now naruto and bleach will be over. either naruto will have achieved his goal of becoming hokage and bringing sasuke back to the light, or he will have failed. the end. 50 years from now Aizen will either be dead or he will have won. the end. that is what is called storyline progression. if a character dies at the end of a manga then he is simply dead. if a character becomes ultra powerful and no one in the manga can beat him then that is simply what is. in american comics if a character gets to powerful that no one can possibly challenge him they have a crisis that retcons 50 years of comic book history...

now maybe you prefer marvel and dc's method of saying that X event will "CHANGE EVERYTHING", without it actually changing anything because ten years down the road it'll be like the event never happened. personally i prefer linear storylines that have a beggining and an end.

yungz22
comics have zero canon material which is what i dont like....most comics always contradict with each other...the hulk went to that planet and became king....but yet there are still comics coming out with him on earth and spiderman has been rewritten so many times its ridiculous ..... ppl wonder why the movies always suck its because when it comes to comics there is no canon which gives the script writers the ability to mess stuff up

Kento
Originally posted by yungz22
comics have zero canon material which is what i dont like....most comics always contradict with each other...the hulk went to that planet and became king....but yet there are still comics coming out with him on earth stick out tongue That's because there was a story of him coming back from that planet. There isn't a lot of contradiction when it comes to that.

Though yea because there are so many writers who interpret the characters different comics have a lot of contradiction. Some manga may have a few things that get forgotten throughout the years but nothing as big as what comics do.

yungz22
Originally posted by Kento
stick out tongue That's because there was a story of him coming back from that planet. There isn't a lot of contradiction when it comes to that.

Though yea because there are so many writers who interpret the characters different comics have a lot of contradiction. Some manga may have a few things that get forgotten throughout the years but nothing as big as what comics do.
oh lol i mustve missed that one

No End N Site
I have to agree with most of what's said here about comic's canon and story. It gets pretty stupid alot of the time, I haven't bought a single comic in over a year cuz I don't know what's going on or where to start and most of the time, it gets confusing. But with that said, comics are still far better to me. It's because of moments and images like these...

http://staging.radaronline.com/exclusives//spiderman911.jpg

http://www.spideykicksbutt.com/DeepThoughts/SpiderManand911A.jpg

http://images.comicbookresources.com/previews/avatar/blacksummer/blacksum0pg4.jpg

and many others like it that makes comics deeper, more relatable and more relevant than any manga can ever hope to be. Manga is good, REALLY good, but American comics are just...inspirational. Besides, I'm not much of a weeaboo so I prefer good ol'American story tellin' any way.

wakkawakkawakka
Wow! I didn't know comics vs manga was such a serious debate. In some cases American comics seem to have more badass characters and more graphic images(this is highly debatable). However manga series are more like fables that can be told over again but the story itself can't be changed unlike American comic series. Along with that, manga series tend to limit their characters more which make some fight scenes more believable unlike a certain hero who is put above even superhero limits.( take a guess at to whom I'm talking about)

So all in all, its a matter of preference at to which is better; however manga series do tend to have better fights in my opinion.

yungz22
if you want the stories to make sense and contradict each other less choose manga if you dont care about story or making sense and just like action comics are the way to go

dadudemon

Watchmen is COMIC book later compiled into a graphic novel. It was literally, a twelve issues comic book. Later, it was put together into a graphic novel...to...get this, make more money. (So, yeah, I agree with pretty much everything you said. I just like to get facts straight.)

BTW, I read the 12 issued comic book, not the later-released graphic novel. Thank goodness for older uncles, right? big grin

Anywho, stop the whining, you American Comic book fans. They'll probably be better as animes, anyway.

Of note: I do NOT like Wolverine's anime look. It's horrible and stupid. Wolverine is supposed to be a very thick, agile, hairy, short dude. He was none of those in the preview. no expression

Kento
Of note: I do NOT like Wolverine's anime look. It's horrible and stupid. Wolverine is supposed to be a very thick, agile, hairy, short dude. He was none of those in the preview. no expression How could you not like a pretty boy who looks better suited to be in Ninja Scroll! stick out tongue

But yea I agree. It MIGHT be interesting but I really dislike the way they made him.

dadudemon
How could you not like a pretty boy who looks better suited to be in Ninja Scroll! stick out tongue

Yeah...James is not gay...

Nor is he a pretty boy. Didn't he run around in Canada for a long time...buck naked, right after getting his adamantium skeleton? That's not something a "pretty boy" would do.

But yea I agree. It MIGHT be interesting but I really dislike the way they made him.

Yup. Could be interesting...but it just looks like they turned wolverine into a ninja from something like Ninja Scroll or Basilisk.

psycho gundam
yeah, and his claws were like spinal taps instead of long (no homo) steak knives.

Kento
Also dislike how they put the claws between the fingers. Course I hated that in the movies, and how they became like that in the comics after the movies came out.

wakkawakkawakka
I think I missed something but where is everyone seeing this trailer of an anime-Wolverine. I didn't even know that was possible; Japan can't do anything with that! I really didn't like the anime Batman much but an anime Wolverine just doesn't seem right. Maybe if it were Spider-man it would work.

So, where can I see the trailer? It would help if someone could give me something to go on.

Kento
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLYjywXyyDI

here wolverine anime

wakkawakkawakka
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLYjywXyyDI

here wolverine anime

Umm...I thought I asked for the Wolverine anime trailer.(sarcasm) What the *beep* was that?! What did they do! That's not Wolverine, that Kenshin with a modern attire an knives sticking out of his hands. If they had put another name to it, then it would have been cool. However calling that guy Wolverine is like calling Sephiroth Vaan.

If there's a point trying to be made, then I think I get it.

Kazenji

im saying that American comic series tend to get so caught up with fan service that it limits the quality of plot progression, which doesnt happen in manga; i did not say that manga doesnt have fan service period. of course there is fan service but when was the last time nearly every guy in a manga series was completely toned with a six pack and had great genetics and was generally very handsome? or every girl had big breasts and wears a tight leather outfit? when was the last time you read a manga that after twenty years none of its characters ever died or got old? when was the last time you read a manga where the author had character A kill character B, only to have character B come back next year with some hoaky time travel/dimensional rift/heave hell scheme?

im sure you can think of plenty of examples for all the questions i asked, but they will always be exceptions to the rule not the rule. the reason for this is is because these type of story faults are not commonplace in manga, but it is common in american comic book series. a manga is like making a movie: a movie has a beginning, and an end, and so the characters and story has to be written in a way that accepts the fact that it will end eventually. american comic book series' are written like a sitcom: the characters are written so that they can always come back and there can always be another adventure if the characters gets popular enough or he/she is needed for another story arc. as such the character doesnt change.

look at superman. 50 years from now where will batman be? he'll still be in his mid/late thirties or however old he is, still trying to cleanse gotham of crime. the joker will still be around screwing with him. same with superman, and the JLA. 50 years from now there will still be a bunch of idiot criminals that think that superman who can move faster than light will be unable to deal with their machine guns and catch their get-a-way cars. even after a hundred years of comic book events and stories superman will still be a boy scout who rarely ever kills and batman will still think its against his morals to kill even though the people he leaves alive end up killing innocent people anyway. there will be no character development.

do you know why that is? fan service. because 50 years from now if comics are still popular, teenagers and young men will pay money to see a man in his mid-thirties with a six pack kick ass, even if hes been doing it for the last hundred years. theyre only 20 years old they dont care that that batman should have died of old age by now; and they dont care that after seeing joker kill thousands of people batman should have ****ing killed him by now. they dont want to see the heroes hang up their capes and say that theyve finally achieved their goal. so marvel and dc wont show it to them unless its in the form of a "what if" or something.

manga is the opposite. 50 years from now naruto and bleach will be over. either naruto will have achieved his goal of becoming hokage and bringing sasuke back to the light, or he will have failed. the end. 50 years from now Aizen will either be dead or he will have won. the end. that is what is called storyline progression. if a character dies at the end of a manga then he is simply dead. if a character becomes ultra powerful and no one in the manga can beat him then that is simply what is. in american comics if a character gets to powerful that no one can possibly challenge him they have a crisis that retcons 50 years of comic book history...

now maybe you prefer marvel and dc's method of saying that X event will "CHANGE EVERYTHING", without it actually changing anything because ten years down the road it'll be like the event never happened. personally i prefer linear storylines that have a beggining and an end.

Oh that sort of fan service that your talking about i was thinking of the sexual type that you find in Anime.

I haven't bought a single comic in over a year cuz I don't know what's going on or where to start and most of the time, it gets confusing.

Have you tried reading up on whats happen to that character that your interested in?

No End N Site

Anywho, stop the whining, you American Comic book fans. They'll probably be better as animes, anyway.
I wasn't whinin'. Just statin' an opinion, "Anime is not good enough to take up American icons and not ruin them". But I guess I'm in the wrong forum to disagree, huh?

No End N Site

Have you tried reading up on whats happen to that character that your interested in? I wanna get all the comics to a series. I don't wanna start buyin' half way through and I don't wanna buy back-issues either. I wanna start fresh but I just don't know when new series start.

Kazenji
Go to the Marvel and DC sites

and also some of the older issues with current and old series can get them in Trade Paper backs.

Ridley_Prime
facepalm This Wolverine anime has reminded me why the character itself has been dead to me for awhile now, not that I was a big fan of his to begin with.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
facepalm This Wolverine anime has reminded me why the character itself has been dead to me for awhile now, not that I was a big fan of his to begin with.

Shut up and go read the new Wolverine: Weapon X comic.

Ridley_Prime
There's a new one now? All right, but that anime there doesn't do him any justice, I'm sure we both know that.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
There's a new one now? All right,

So your surprised about that but yet your still not a fan of his..........okay then

thumbsup

dadudemon
I wasn't whinin'. Just statin' an opinion, "Anime is not good enough to take up American icons and not ruin them". But I guess I'm in the wrong forum to disagree, huh?

Yup. Now STFU and GTFO, newb. laughing

JK, JK.

Trust me: I have thousands upon thousands of pages of manga to read before I catch up to how many pages of American Comics I've read.

It's not like I think American Comics suck: not at all. I just think the CARTOON versions will be better than the American one.

We have to compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges.

Comparing American Comics to a Japanese Anime is apples to oranges: compare American Comic Book Cartoons to Japanese Anime.

wakkawakkawakka
Why would anyone try to compare anime to American cartoons. Anime in both drawing style and lack of censorship beats American comic cartoons to the ground.

Japanese anime are also closely related to their manga series. Comic cartoons have to be dumbed down to the point where its barely enjoyable at all and is inconsistant as a result.

Kento
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Why would anyone try to compare anime to American cartoons. Anime in both drawing style and lack of censorship beats American comic cartoons to the ground.

Japanese anime are also closely related to their manga series. Comic cartoons have to be dumbed down to the point where its barely enjoyable at all and is inconsistant as a result. Eh it really depends. There are some American cartoons I find much better than anime.

big grin Try watching Samurai Deeper Kyo and then read the manga. Or watch Real Bout High School and then read the manga. Marmalade Boy does the same thing. There are probably a lot more also that the manga and anime are completely different. Or like Flame of Recca the end of the anime is like only halfway through the manga.

BruceSkywalker
if it is good i may buy

Kazenji
Comic cartoons have to be dumbed down to the point where its barely enjoyable at all and is inconsistant as a result.

Oh rly??

X-men 90's it used alot of the storylines Chris Claremont did for X-men

only one to my knowledge that was dumbed down was the Spider-Man 90's they did'nt want no violence at all.

Nephthys
There was also that Fantastic Four cartoon, the Justice League cartoon and the new Batman cartoons. Though I think its unfair to compare anime and american cartoons, as anime is targeted at all ages, mostly older, whereas cartoons are mostly for kids, so they'll be dumbed down.

Also, Ms Marvel gets a big Thumbs-up. thumb up

wakkawakkawakka
Maybe I shouldn't make broad exclamations before thinking. Oh well...lesson learned. But you have to admit, some of these new comic based cartoons kind of suck. The animation in the fantasitc four is great but it's still pretty lame. 90's cartoons in general were classic so I wasn't really trying to include them. But what's done is done I guess.

dadudemon
Oh rly??

X-men 90's it used alot of the storylines Chris Claremont did for X-men

only one to my knowledge that was dumbed down was the Spider-Man 90's they did'nt want no violence at all.

You mean it DIDN'T want violence, right?

And, that spiderman did have violence. Spiderman got the crap beat out of him, several times. Same with other characters. It got pretty dark when the symbiote took over. Spiderman was about to smash Rhino into a pile of mush with a huge metal slab (door) and Rhino was genuinely frightened for his life. That's pushing it for a kids cartoon, IMO.

yungz22
x-men evolution was cool even though it didnt follow the original comics storyline seeing as how they where all in high school

dadudemon
Originally posted by yungz22
x-men evolution was cool even though it didnt follow the original comics storyline seeing as how they where all in high school

Correct. They were in highschool, and for some retarded reason, Wolverine was like a leader figure for the others.

They basically took the names, SLIGHT appearance, and abilities...and wrote things however they wanted to.

I couldn't get into the show. It was too shallow and stupid.

wakkawakkawakka
Okay! Point proven. Cartoons don't have to follow original storylines in order to be a work of art. I get it...my bad!

I should feel real bad seeing as how Batman TAS used to be my favorite back in the day and still is.

No End N Site
Cuz Japanese movies suck, they dive mostly into animation which is why it so much better than American action cartoon. American cartoon are mostly for kids or comedy so I don't think it's right to compare. I mean, when Americans do make serious action cartoons they either model it after anime or or simply get anime studios do it for them. Now if we are gonna compare American comedy to Japanese, I'm sure we all can agree that American comedy is funnier.

Kazenji
You mean it DIDN'T want violence, right?

And, that spiderman did have violence. Spiderman got the crap beat out of him, several times. Same with other characters. It got pretty dark when the symbiote took over. Spiderman was about to smash Rhino into a pile of mush with a huge metal slab (door) and Rhino was genuinely frightened for his life. That's pushing it for a kids cartoon, IMO.

Well it was damn well heavily politally correct

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man_(1994_TV_series)#Censorship

stupid wikipedia links.......not doing what its ment to

I mean, when Americans do make serious action cartoons they either model it after anime or or simply get anime studios do it for them. Now if we are gonna compare American comedy to Japanese, I'm sure we all can agree that American comedy is funnier.

That seems to be as of recent not in the past.

I should feel real bad seeing as how Batman TAS used to be my favorite back in the day and still is.

How so?

That Batman series was more for adults.

No End N Site
That seems to be as of recent not in the past.
Yeah, I know and don't get me wrong, I think there are still some really good comic cartoons out to day. I find Spectacular Spider Man, Wolverine and The X-Men, and The Batman to be very well done and enjoyable to watch.

Kazenji
Theres not of alot modern cartoons i like

tried watching Spectacular Spider Man did'nt like it still prefer the 90's one, Wolverine and The X-Men is alright but the old series is still better.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.