Marvel vs DC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
Which company has the better movies? We know that movies have spawned from all different comic characters from each company but which one has the better movies. For instance I don't want you to say DC because TDK was just so damn awesome cause DC also had superman returns and superman 3 and 4 which were just total rubbish, and lets not forget Batman and Robin. But marvel also has had some pretty bad ones too such as Elektra and Ghost rider. So which company has got the better movies? (This can also include future Marvel/DC movies)

PRAYERRUN
ummm....well....right now, in this era, Marvel has more movies. DC mostly has Batman and Superman. Kinda hard to decide on this right now.

chomperx9
Originally posted by steverules_2
Which company has the better movies? We know that movies have spawned from all different comic characters from each company but which one has the better movies. For instance I don't want you to say DC because TDK was just so damn awesome cause DC also had superman returns and superman 3 and 4 which were just total rubbish, and lets not forget Batman and Robin. But marvel also has had some pretty bad ones too such as Elektra and Ghost rider. So which company has got the better movies? (This can also include future Marvel/DC movies) how are we to judge any future marve/dc movies if they havent come out yet sad

roughrider
Marvel has been far more prolific since starting their run with BLADE back in 1998. Means they have more misses, too. Kind of evens out.
The worst film from either company during that period would have to be CATWOMAN, however (All their other films have been decent to awesome.) Marvel is close behind with misses like Elektra and the Punisher series.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by roughrider
Marvel is close behind with misses like Elektra and the Punisher series. Tom Jane's Punisher is one of Marvel's best films. yes

Originally posted by steverules_2
Which company has the better movies? Assuming we're discounting the random Batman and Superman movies of 80's/90's and only using the modern post Blade superhero line of films DC wins IMO. Marvel has quantity whereas DC has quality. And with quantity comes more misses. It seems Marvel and the dumbasses at 20th Century Fox rush films whereas DC takes forever as hell to get them out but come out more polished.

DC's Top 4
1. The Dark Knight
2. Watchmen
3. V for Vendetta
4. Batman Begins

Marvel's Top 4
1. Iron Man
2. Blade II
3. Spiderman 2
4. The Punisher (2004)

Indestructible
Dc Top 5(Best):
1.TDK
2.Watchmen
3.Batman Begins
4.Batman(89)
5.V for Vendetta(If it counts)

Marvel(Best):
1.Iron Man
2.Spider-Man 2
3.The Incredible Hulk
4.X-Men 2
5.Blade

steverules_2
Originally posted by chomperx9
how are we to judge any future marve/dc movies if they havent come out yet sad

It's for after they come out roll eyes (sarcastic)

PRAYERRUN
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Tom Jane's Punisher is one of Marvel's best films. yes

Assuming we're discounting the random Batman and Superman movies of 80's/90's and only using the modern post Blade superhero line of films DC wins IMO. Marvel has quantity whereas DC has quality. And with quantity comes more misses. It seems Marvel and the dumbasses at 20th Century Fox rush films whereas DC takes forever as hell to get them out but come out more polished.

DC's Top 4
1. The Dark Knight
2. Watchmen isn't DC
3. V for Vendetta Isn't DC
4. Batman Begins

Marvel's Top 4
1. Iron Man
2. Blade II
3. Spiderman 2
4. The Punisher (2004)

Indestructible
Originally posted by PRAYERRUN

Watchmen does count dude. Go look up on google or something the Watchmen graphic navel. Dc realesed it. Not Vertigo. DC!

Darth Martin
Originally posted by PRAYERRUN
2. Watchmen isn't DC
3. V for Vendetta Isn't DC While both graphic novels weren't released by DC, both films were.

Nice try. wink

steverules_2
Why did DC release non DC movies? confused That would be like Marvel releasing....Aliens vs Predator as a movie, chances are it might be better but I won't jump to conclusions

Indestructible
While both graphic novels weren't released by DC, both films were.

Nice try. wink

No Vertigo released V. Dc did release Watchmen. I know. I own the graphic novel. and Dc owns Vertigo. So the world makes sense again lol.

starlock
I would say Marvel is in the lead.....i find myself watching thier movies way more than DC...now it could just be the age we are in.....but i would say Marvel has surpassed the Superman 1 & 2/Batman 89 era of movies now

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Indestructible
No Vertigo released V. Dc did release Watchmen. I know. I own the graphic novel. and Dc owns Vertigo. So the world makes sense again lol. You just contradicted yourself.

Lightningrod
Marvel

Indestructible
You just contradicted yourself.

lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.