Punisher MAX relaunch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Jason Aaron is relaunching it

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=22088

The Nuul
Steve Dillon makes me sick. His art is one of the worst in comics, how the fck does he have a job as a artist.

Kazenji
I mind it

Alpha Centauri
If it's not Ennis; not interested.

-AC

Kazenji
Aaron is gonna be just as good at the punisher as was Ennis imo.

-V-
Originally posted by Kazenji

I'll agree with you there.

Jason Aaron's a great writer, I'm so glad he's started writing for Marvel because his work on Scalped is awesome. He fits a Punisher book personally, if you ask me.

Kazenji
He's also done a good run on Ghost Rider and started up a brand new Wolverine comic a very good one at that.

Alpha Centauri

Never.

-AC

Battlehammer
ennis is garbage............aron is better by default

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Battlehammer
ennis is garbage............aron is better by default

Yeah, but your opinions are all dumb, and thus irrelevant.

So we can go all day.

-AC

willRules
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Yeah, but your opinions are all dumb, and thus irrelevant.

So we can go all day.

-AC

Nope, Ennis is overrated yes

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by willRules
Nope, Ennis is overrated yes

I agree, but how is that relevant?

I said if it's not Ennis on this book, I'm not interested. Someone then said he was garbage, you said he's overrated. Being garbage is different to being overrated.

Frank Miller, in general, is overrated. Is he garbage? Precisely.

-AC

willRules
I agree, but how is that relevant?

I said if it's not Ennis on this book, I'm not interested. Someone then said he was garbage, you said he's overrated. Being garbage is different to being overrated.

Frank Miller, in general, is overrated. Is he garbage? Precisely.

-AC

Well if you want to make such a distinction between what you would consider to be garbage and what you would consider to be overrated, I'll happily oblige by placing Ennis in both categories, myself.

It's relevant because opinions of Ennis have been prevalent throughout the last few posts on this thread and there isn't "Is Garth Ennis Garbage or Overrated?" thread to post in smile

Alpha Centauri
Well if you want to make such a distinction between what you would consider to be garbage and what you would consider to be overrated, I'll happily oblige by placing Ennis in both categories, myself.

It's relevant because opinions of Ennis have been prevalent throughout the last few posts on this thread and there isn't "Is Garth Ennis Garbage or Overrated?" thread to post in smile

It was irrelevant because nobody was arguing about him being overrated.

You disagreed with me countering someone calling him garbage by saying "No, he's overrated.". Hence, irrelevant.

-AC

willRules
It was irrelevant because nobody was arguing about him being overrated.

You disagreed with me countering someone calling him garbage by saying "No, he's overrated.". Hence, irrelevant.

-AC

Fair nuff yes

Battlehammer

he just enjoys taking shots at me,because I disagree with him and find his arguements rather immature.

I agree my responses was quite relevent to what others were saying in this very thread.

Battlehammer
Alson how is ennis not garbage? he the same man who thought a group of killer midgets cutting off peoples legs was a good and interesting plot story......when it was rather stupid and far from clever.

He also the same man who some how had Punisher subdue the hulk and had a view bombs take hulk out......he also the same dude who ignored DD super senses and wolverine and spiderman spidersenses through out the arc to the point they culd not locate punisher who was 30 feet away.......which is utter rediculousness. He also the same dude who ahd spiderman tricked by fake bombs, and had wolverien drink acid.......with out realizing it.

he not clever, his story tend to suck, there far from funnny thoguh he tries to make them so. he also tends to compeltely ignore powers individuals posses and has been quoted statingn he hates heros with powers. Dude not only bias, but he allows his bias to effect his stories. He tends to lack professionalism from what I have gathered from his work, and he hyped to reiddulous levels, most of his sotry arnt funny, nor clever even though he tries to make them so, he garbage compared to most writers and aron

stories will be far better and more clever then ennis ever were.

-BH

TricksterPriest
Jason Aaron is relaunching it

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=22088

Why? Punisher sucks ass.

sad

Kazenji
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Why? Punisher sucks ass.

sad

BE GONE MORTAL !!

Only thing that i've liked from Ennis so far is his run on Punisher Max and Marvel Knights i've seen his work on The Boys and preacher he just seems to think Over the top violence ad showing off naked superheroines and superheroines asking for blowjobs will sell a comic.

Alpha Centauri
Alson how is ennis not garbage? he the same man who thought a group of killer midgets cutting off peoples legs was a good and interesting plot story......when it was rather stupid and far from clever.

He also the same man who some how had Punisher subdue the hulk and had a view bombs take hulk out......he also the same dude who ignored DD super senses and wolverine and spiderman spidersenses through out the arc to the point they culd not locate punisher who was 30 feet away.......which is utter rediculousness. He also the same dude who ahd spiderman tricked by fake bombs, and had wolverien drink acid.......with out realizing it.

he not clever, his story tend to suck, there far from funnny thoguh he tries to make them so. he also tends to compeltely ignore powers individuals posses and has been quoted statingn he hates heros with powers. Dude not only bias, but he allows his bias to effect his stories. He tends to lack professionalism from what I have gathered from his work, and he hyped to reiddulous levels, most of his sotry arnt funny, nor clever even though he tries to make them so, he garbage compared to most writers and aron

-BH

Holy terrible spelling and grammar, Batman. Don't sit there critiquing the man's intellect when you can barely string a coherent sentence together.

Anyway, I never said Ennis was good at writing everyone, did I? He obviously has shitty ideas of Hulk, Daredevil and others. The man isn't perfect and I never said he was, you fool.

I simply said that if it's not him writing Punisher MAX, which I feel he DID do amazingly, then I'm not interested.

If you can't keep up with what I'm saying, go to the kiddy table.

-AC

Battlehammer
Holy terrible spelling and grammar, Batman. Don't sit there critiquing the man's intellect when you can barely string a coherent sentence together.

I never insulted the man's intellect, I simply dont think he clever. Grammar and spelling have zero to due with one's intellect.

Anyway, I never said Ennis was good at writing everyone, did I? He obviously has shitty ideas of Hulk, Daredevil and others. The man isn't perfect and I never said he was, you fool.

Did I ever say you said he was perfect? Nope I did not. Again there no reason for your petty insults.

I simply said that if it's not him writing Punisher MAX, which I feel he DID do amazingly, then I'm not interested.

I dont agree I think he not very good at all, nor did he fallow the entire point of the max line which is to be more realistic which, it has failed to be over and over.

If you can't keep up with what I'm saying, go to the kiddy table.

-AC

I know what you were saying, but my comment had nothing to do with you, it was my own thoughts on how bad ennis is and the reasons why I feel he so bad.

hypocrisy at it best, saying I need to "go to the kiddy table" when you the one acting the role of the child with all your pointless insults, which were not warranted or needed.

Battlehammer
AC you are still just as abrasive as you were in 2004, you ever think of changing you tactics and general demeanor to one of a less insulting and aggressive individual.

Alpha Centauri
You weren't even around in 2004. You came two years after.

I never insulted the man's intellect, I simply dont think he clever. Grammar and spelling have zero to due with one's intellect.

If you can't spell, it doesn't look good for your intellect. I'll be honest.

Did I ever say you said he was perfect? Nope I did not. Again there no reason for your petty insults.

I dont agree I think he not very good at all, nor did he fallow the entire point of the max line which is to be more realistic which, it has failed to be over and over.

I don't want my comics to be realistic. I don't buy comics for realism. The only unrealistic element was how he changed the characterisation of the people you mentioned. That was unrealistic based on their characters, not actual realism.

You don't think he's good, I think he did Punisher really well. The stories were excellent.

I know what you were saying, but my comment had nothing to do with you, it was my own thoughts on how bad ennis is and the reasons why I feel he so bad.

hypocrisy at it best, saying I need to "go to the kiddy table" when you the one acting the role of the child with all your pointless insults, which were not warranted or needed.

So, when the shoe is on the other foot, you want to complain?

You bore me and I don't suffer fools, so I'm afraid you get the sharp end of the honesty stick. If you can't understand what I'm saying, then don't get involved. We've interacted before and it's been established that you lie to cover up your own lack of knowledge.

-AC

Battlehammer

Alpha Centauri

Kazenji

You don't think he's good, I think he did Punisher really well. The stories were excellent.

And also he did get some of his ideas for the Punisher stories from things happening in the world today such as slavery and the sex trade which he used in 'The Slavers vol 8'.

Battlehammer
What was your original account name? Perhaps I knew you.

Not an excuse. You obviously take the time to reply to me and others, continually, so why not just spell correctly? It isn't hard. It's also very courteous, especially considering this is a messageboard.

There's something wrong if, by a grown age, you cannot correctly spell words. That's just how it is. Although, this is all irrelevant.

I know. I was saying I don't care about realism.

I thought his Punisher stories were all good.

Good and bad are subjective. You cannot give proof that any story was bad, because it's up to the reader to decide.

If you know me as well as you claim (Which you don't), you'd know that it's what I'm known for outside of this forum. The fact that I jab people who deserve it doesn't negate the substance and quality of my arguments.

Obviously you don't understand what I've said because my posts have not at all been that way. They have had points, which you've ignored.

You didn't even know of them until I told you. You're a liar and you're a well known Wolverine fanboy. Proven here.

I didn't even bring it up, I was speaking generally. Obviously you have a guilty conscience.

-AC
edit

not worth it.

Back to the topic, Aron will do a good job, he been doing real well in his current weapon x run and I think he can motain his momentum and come out with a really good punisher run.

on a side note I don't really get the point of the max line, and it not 616 cannon correct?

Kazenji
http://g4tv.com/videos/39972/Marvel-Comics-Exclusive-News--DCs-Wednesday-Comics/

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/9959/punishermax.th.jpg

Phantom Zone

So, when the shoe is on the other foot, you want to complain?

You bore me and I don't suffer fools, so I'm afraid you get the sharp end of the honesty stick. If you can't understand what I'm saying, then don't get involved. We've interacted before and it's been established that you lie to cover up your own lack of knowledge.

-AC

*groan* In your own way you're almost as bad as him. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Anyway I cant really speak for Aaron but get tired with all the Einnis worship.

The Pict
Won't be the same without Ennis, and Steve Dillon produces some of the worst art I've ever seen in a comic. No idea why he's employed by Marvel.

Probably won't read it.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by The Pict
Won't be the same without Ennis, and Steve Dillon produces some of the worst art I've ever seen in a comic. No idea why he's employed by Marvel.

Probably won't read it.

I think Steve can grow on you...but I know what you mean. Im feeling Punisher Dark Reign to much bother with this really.

The Pict

-BH

He writes some of the best Punisher stuff I've ever read. I find him funny at times, when he's writing Barracuda for example. But it's not a comedy he's writing. His stories can be clever, a lot of thought is put into the Punisher Max stories, they are all put together really well, but again what has clever got to do with being a good writer? He's writing comics, not science articles.

Lack professionalism? What would you (or any of us for that matter) no about professionalism in comics? We don't agree with the plot, doesn't make him "unprofessional."

Battlehammer
Originally posted by The Pict
He writes some of the best Punisher stuff I've ever read. I find him funny at times, when he's writing Barracuda for example. But it's not a comedy he's writing. His stories can be clever, a lot of thought is put into the Punisher Max stories, they are all put together really well, but again what has clever got to do with being a good writer? He's writing comics, not science articles.

Lack professionalism? What would you (or any of us for that matter) no about professionalism in comics? We don't agree with the plot, doesn't make him "unprofessional."
I disagree with you, having a bunch of killer midgets cutting off peoples legs, does not seem like good writing to me. When one trying to be funny they should be clever about it, which he tends to fail at in my opinion.

Yes unprofessionial like say "I hate super powered hero's" and then making any super powered hero who shows up in his comic act like complete tools and out of character.

roughrider
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
I think Steve can grow on you...but I know what you mean. Im feeling Punisher Dark Reign to much bother with this really.

His style does grow on you, if you want to read Ennis-type violent black comedy. I liked his deadpan style of violence in the last Deadpool-Wolverine clash.

I wonder if Punisher should just stay in the MAX format, and not have a series in Marvel Knights (but I guess that's one younger people can read.)

Black Adam
I dropped the punisher two issues after ennis left, but i've liked everything i've read from Aaron so I guess I'll give it a shot.

as for ennis, I enjoy his war stories. He can get carried away when trying to make fun of capes, to the point that there's nothing left in the book that even resembles the past work of his that I've enjoyed...

But I really ****ing like his war stories.

Kazenji
Its been good so far

and i've read Aaron got plans to use Bullseye.

Kazenji
Preview Punisher Max #3

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=4182&disp=table

StiltmanFTW
Aaron didn't disappoint.

Kazenji
So Bullseye's gonna be in the next story arc

they've gone with a look like what they had him as in the Daredevil movie.

StiltmanFTW
Really good read.

Starscream M
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Really good read. What is?

StiltmanFTW
I liked the whole 5-issue arc.

Starscream M
I liked the whole 5-issue arc. gotcha...thought you meant the new upcoming arc involving bullseye

that's gonna be great

bullseye and frank are awesome together!

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Starscream M
gotcha...thought you meant the new upcoming arc involving bullseye

that's gonna be great

bullseye and frank are awesome together!

lol!

All I've seen from issue 6 was some preview art stick out tongue

This Bullseye will be different from the one we know from 616. A few surprises awaiting.

BTW, Lester was great in DA #15.

Kazenji

This Bullseye will be different from the one we know from 616. A few surprises awaiting.

Yeah think the Daredevil movie look.

Kazenji
#6 preview

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=4855&disp=table

StiltmanFTW
Great issue smile

Kazenji
Don't know what the reviewer was expecting over at comic book rescources he he gave it 2 and half stars.

Kazenji
Wonder what the deal is with this series its stopped at #9.

Kazenji
Punisher Max resumes Feburary.

Impediment
Major bump.

Jason Aaron's self contained PunisherMAX 22 issue story arc is, without a single shred of doubt, one of the most deplorably violent, sadistic, and most intelligent stories I have ever read.

Add the breathtakingly beautiful artwork of Steve Dillon, an you have a masterpiece at your hands.

This is what both Punisher movies should have been like.

Also, how can anyone NOT like Steve Dillon's art work?

Kazenji
I liked how with Aaron's Punisher Max how he put characters from the 616 universe and gave them a Max Makeover.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.