Pokemon Fighting Tourney Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SuperLuigi
1. Machamp 2. Blaziken 3.Medicham 4. Lucario 5. Gallade 6. Infernape 7. Primape 8. Hitmonchan 9. Hitmontop 10. Hitmonlee 11. Hariyama 12. Poliwrath 13. Heracross 14. Machoke 15. Breloom 16. Toxicroak

round 1: 1v16, 2v15, 3v14, 4v13, 5v12, 6v11, 7v10, 8v9

round 2: winners of (1v16)vs(8v9), (2v15)vs(7v10), (3v14)vs(6v11), (4v13)vs(5v12)

round 3: highest remaining vs lowest remaining and 2 middle seeds.

final round: last 2

psychic moves are forbidden

MooCowofJustice
Advantages: Blaziken, Heracross, Gallade, Breloom, Toxicroak

Out of those five, I see it being most likely Heracross due to it's access to Aerial Ace. Blaziken is also a possibility since it has Brave Bird, but Heracross is more powerful.

Breloom puts up a good fight with access to spore and substitute.

SuperLuigi
Lucario's steel type cancels the Flying moves double effectiveness against Heracross in round one. I dont see Toxicroak beating Machamp either. Medicham and Gallade both have the same type psy/fight

SpadeKing
it won't cancel fire if he runs into blaziken

SuperLuigi
if is the keyword. the finals or semis before lucario has to deal fire types. 2 round if he has to face poliwrath for a water weakness.

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by SuperLuigi
Lucario's steel type cancels the Flying moves double effectiveness against Heracross in round one. I dont see Toxicroak beating Machamp either. Medicham and Gallade both have the same type psy/fight

Yes, but Heracross is still a powerhouse with its 125 base attack and Guts. One Close Combat on Steel type Lucario should be enough to take it out, I think Lucario is still weak to fighting.

Toxicroak has access to Special Attack moves and if there's one thing it can do, it's poison its opponent and stall with substitue / rain dance and Black Sludge.

SuperLuigi
every pokemon can learn substitute. plus lucario can learn blaze kick and has the speed advantage

SpadeKing
wonder if any of them can learn earthquake...

MooCowofJustice
Hmm...touche.

However, if Lucario has Blaze kick that runs the risk of activating Heracross' Guts ability, freeing up his item slot for a Focus Sash or whatever one of those Focus items Heracross can hold.

You should start putting movesets and items and abilities on these guys. It gets complicated otherwise, lol.

SuperLuigi
probably champ hariyama and choke

SuperLuigi
primape machoke machamp poliwrath hitmonlee & chan & top blaziken hariyama heracross infernape lucario toxicroak gallade can all learn earthquake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.