Can Marvel take down Optimus Prime?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
http://jeffpearlman.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/optimus-prime-transformers-movie.jpg

Reed Richards assembles a team of super-powered beings from his universe to bring down the leader of the Autobots. Can he do it?

Team Marvel
Mr. Fantastic
Iron Man
Storm
Thing
Spider-Man
Wolverine
Green Goblin
Doc Ock

Setting: Gotham City

Scenario I: City is populated
Scenario II: City is evacuated.

Rogue Jedi
Iron Man and Gobby bombing him from the sky, Spider Man and Thing pounding away on him, Wolverine? Dude, Prime aint that prime.

Impediment
Prime dies. Horribly.

Impediment
After consideration, I have decided to let this stay open. However, Let me ask everyone else:

Am I the only one who thinks that this thread is spite? It seems to me that Prime would die horribly by the hands of so many supers.

Mr. Rhythmic
It won't be that lopsided. You seem to forget how freakishly powerful Optimus Prime is. Not on a level close to his G1 counterpart, but he's definitely on the level of movie Hulk.
It goes either way.

Robtard
Na, Hulk kick his ass, especially Ang-Hulk.

Darth Martin
I say Prime takes this with noticeable difficulty. Let's say he goes on top of a building. People like Wolverine and Thing won't be able to get to him. Storm is the best bet. If she can create a bunch of powerful tornadoes like in X2 they might last awhile.

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Iron Man and Gobby bombing him from the sky, Spider Man and Thing pounding away on him, Wolverine? Dude, Prime aint that prime. LOL at the fact that Wolverine is of any major significance here. Thing? Temporarily BFR will do. Serious Prime faces much stronger opponents. Green Goblin bombs are going to hurt Prime. These things take F-22 missiles. The big guns are Iron Man and Storm. The rest are there for support. This is no spite.

Originally posted by Robtard
Na, Hulk kick his ass, especially Ang-Hulk. I doubt it. Prime's energon blades would make short work of Hulk. I'm not even sure if Hulk is stronger than Prime at base form.

Eminence
This definitely isn't spite.1. Physically useless, probably dies horribly, might have tactical utility.

2. Absolutely needs to stay high in the air. At close range he'll get cleaved in two, if he isn't constantly moving he's going to get blown apart by one of Prime's guns. His wrist-rocket and repulsors are obviously going to be his most useful contribution to the team.

3. Definitely useful. Lightning strikes are almost certainly going to hit Prime hard. However, she is the least durable of the Marvels; even the shockwave and debris from a moderately close blast will either incapacitate or kill her, so like Iron Man she needs to stay very high in the air or take cover at a distance. Even then, her utility is limited by the fact that Prime can throw himself into one of the buildings for protection against the lightning, at least in the first scenario, and the loss of precision that would come with increases in distance would make Storm almost as much a danger to her teammates as she would be to Prime.

4. Not all that useful here. Prime appears to be significantly stronger, is definitely significantly larger, and is equipped with guns that could potentially kill one-shot Grimm and energon blades that definitely could.

5. Webbing fails against an astoundingly agile giant transforming robot equipped with the equivalent of car-sized lightsabers and hand cannons. I can see Spiderman being strong enough to do aesthetic damage to Prime, and arguably even rip out his optics, but I highly doubt he can latch on to Prime's head long enough to do that. As with all the above, a shot or slash from the weapons kills him, and blunt force trauma - acknowledging the ridiculous amounts he's survived before - won't exactly be comfortable.

6. Not terribly useful.

7. His weapons don't appear to be nearly strong enough to do much to Prime, and he won't be doing much in melee combat; he isn't as agile as Spiderman and he can't stick to things, so once his weapons run out he's basically fodder, like Wolverine.

8. Too slow, too weak. He's one of the first to die.

WO Polaski
optimus prime cant hit iron man who can fly at mach 1. so yeah iron man wins alone.

jinXed by JaNx
This is a massacre. Prime doesn't stand a chance. Take out Spiderman, Wolverine, Iron man and Green Goblin and then Optimus would probably win. Otherwise there is no chance. Did anyone else see how vulnerable the Transformers were to military weaponry in, Revenge of the Fallen?

Wolfie
I'm not sure of your team there. Why didn't you list and characters that could account for size? Size isn't everything but Goliath and Giant-Man would be essential to make sure Optimus doesn't just step on everybody.

And why Gotham? Excuse me if I have a too far-out idea here, but how about set it in New York?

Robtard
Originally posted by Darth Martin

I doubt it. Prime's energon blades would make short work of Hulk. I'm not even sure if Hulk is stronger than Prime at base form.

Ang-Hulk survived a gamma-bomb at ground zero and ripped out the side of a rock cliff (which probably weighs as much as Prime) and hammer-curled 65s ton well over a mile, this is what you have to top before you make such claims.

Hulk jumps on Prime and it's smashy-smashy time.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Impediment
After consideration, I have decided to let this stay open. However, Let me ask everyone else:

Am I the only one who thinks that this thread is spite? It seems to me that Prime would die horribly by the hands of so many supers.

yes it is spite.. Prime is good, but up against these guys, he goes down very bad

Sadako of Girth
Especially if the Marvel side bring out Marvel G1 Prime.

shifty

Robtard
Never read a Transformers comic, was Prime even more bad-ass than in the G1 cartoon?

Sadako of Girth
Definitely, I would say.
About the only thing to destroy even bits of him, was Megatron's Fusion cannon taking out an arm once, and when he was detonated in one lame assed storyline (so he could be bought back as powermaster Prime bunch of issues after.)

Aside from that his feats and effectiveness against the deceps were numerous and impressive.

The humans were unable to mess with transformers also, in the comic. (Circuit breaker was almost the only human who did.)

Prime once took out Soundwave, Rumble, Laserbeak, Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercracker in one effort to rescue a captured and barbarically tortured Bumblebee.
Most of those were with his bare hands after Starscream and the other jets ambushed Prime in the desert.
(If memory serves, he did it one handedly, as his shoulder was damaged by one of the jets letting rip with at close range.)
That story was "Crisis of Command".

If McClane and John Wayne had an Autobot lovechild, It'd have been G1 comic Prime.

Eminence
jinXed by JaNx
This is a massacre. Prime doesn't stand a chance. Take out Spiderman, Wolverine, Iron man and Green Goblin and then Optimus would probably win.What is Spiderman going to do? What is Wolverine going to do? What is Green Goblin going to do?

To mass carpet bombing and a prototype rail gun?

Sadako of Girth
Spiderman momentarily was able to web Megatron up issue number three in the comic. Megatron was able to break free of it eventually.. he ripped the webbing off (being much more powerful than the one in Bayformers), but it was a good ploy to buy time for a Gears and Buster to try to get away.

And Megatron was fiercely powerful and slightly insane.....perhaps slightly more powerful than Prime.

Darth Martin
I doubt this team will be able to bring down Prime. The only big guns here are Storm and Iron Man. All you people who claim spite, I wish you'd take the time to explain why.

Ang-Hulk survived a gamma-bomb at ground zero and ripped out the side of a rock cliff (which probably weighs as much as Prime) and hammer-curled 65s ton well over a mile, this is what you have to top before you make such claims. I said I doubt Hulk is stronger than Prime at his base form. In all of those instances you specified Hulk had considerable amount of time to grow from anger. I have no doubt Prime could throw a tank. The mere landing of some of these Transformers caused cars to fly. Prime is a much better fighter, has a long range advantage, and is smarter. Hulk advantages are likely being stronger after a period of time, can leap, and is faster(capable of running at speeds up to 300mph).

I think Prime would beat Hulk. But that's totally off-topic.

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
This is a massacre. Prime doesn't stand a chance. Take out Spiderman, Wolverine, Iron man and Green Goblin and then Optimus would probably win. You are sverely underestimating Prime. What is Wolverine going to do exactly? Compared to Prime his claws are like toothpicks.

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
yes it is spite.. Prime is good, but up against these guys, he goes down very bad Your welcome to explain.

Originally posted by Eminence
What is Spiderman going to do? What is Wolverine going to do? What is Green Goblin going to do? Spider-Man is quite strong. He may get into Prime's armor but would likely be slapped off. Wolverine can't do much unless Thing throws him. Goblin's missiles are worse than grenades. Prime would laugh at them and his machine guns.

jinXed by JaNx
What is Spiderman going to do? What is Wolverine going to do? What is Green Goblin going to do?

I saw the marines causing some significant damage to the transformers in, Revenge of the Fallen. That is besides the point though. Wolverine will leap onto Optimus and cut his shit into pieces.

I'm not sure whether or not i'd be willing to wager that Spiderman or Green Goblin alone could take down Optimus. Spiderman probably could but either way these two will offer incredible support to any team. They both would force Primes attention and since their agility allows them to dodge any long range attacks from Prime. Any attacks focused on them will leave him vulnerable. Spiderman could dodge Primes attacks all day and Goblin can just fly around, staying out of Primes close range attacks, hurling bombs at him all day.

Darth Martin
Wolverine will leap onto Optimus and cut his shit into pieces. laughing

Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Green Goblin are barely a threat. Goblin doesn't have the arsenal to kill Prime. I'd like to see Wolverine try and heal back from a shot from Prime's gun or Prime accidently stepping on him. Spider-Man is merely a distraction.

jinXed by JaNx
Wolverine was able to heal flesh instantly as it was desintegrating. Primes gun is not going to affect Wolverines Adamantium. Once Wolverine latches onto Prime he will be able to maneuver all over Prime and tear his shit up. A few well placed swipes from Wolverine and Primes shit will be handicapped.

Green Goblin may not do much damage to Prime but the fact that he can fly all around Prime while dodging his attacks makes him a threat. I think Spiderman is much more than just a distraction. Prime would have to get very lucky to land a blow on him. Spideys webbing also shouldn't be underestimated. Not only can he constantly blind Prime he could also restrict his movements from a distance as Prime is dealing with other fighters.

WO Polaski

one shot from an rpg stunned a decepticon and one more destroyed it. the transformers in the movies really do have shit durability.

Darth Martin
Wolverine was able to heal flesh instantly as it was desintegrating. Primes gun is not going to affect Wolverines Adamantium. Once Wolverine latches onto Prime he will be able to maneuver all over Prime and tear his shit up. A few well placed swipes from Wolverine and Primes shit will be handicapped.

Green Goblin may not do much damage to Prime but the fact that he can fly all around Prime while dodging his attacks makes him a threat. I think Spiderman is much more than just a distraction. Prime would have to get very lucky to land a blow on him. Spideys webbing also shouldn't be underestimated. Not only can he constantly blind Prime he could also restrict his movements from a distance as Prime is dealing with other fighters. Blinding Prime would be a viable tactic. Wolverine really isn't a threat to Prime. He can BFR him far away quickly. What weapons do you think Goblin has that will be effective. His missiles suck. The only other thing he has our machine guns.

jinXed by JaNx
Blinding Prime would be a viable tactic. Wolverine really isn't a threat to Prime. He can BFR him far away quickly. What weapons do you think Goblin has that will be effective. His missiles suck. The only other thing he has our machine guns.

It doesn't matter how many times Wolverine gets knocked down. He is going to continue to get up and his agility is going to allow him to reach Prime sooner or later. If he is fighting with Spiderman he will be able to reach Prime with great ease.

Personally i think Goblins weaponry would be enough to drop Prime. It may take a while but given what we've seen from the movies i think it would be enough. I'm ignoring that however, because i don't think small explosives should be able to harm the transformers, regardless of what the movies say. I am saying that the Goblin is a threat to Prime because of the support he can offer his team. He can get relatively close to Prime without putting himself at much risk.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Impediment

Prime loses horribly I do agree.

Wei Phoenix
laughing

Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Green Goblin are barely a threat. Goblin doesn't have the arsenal to kill Prime. I'd like to see Wolverine try and heal back from a shot from Prime's gun or Prime accidently stepping on him. Spider-Man is merely a distraction.

He can regenerate against disintegration so I don't see whats so special about his gun. Prime can't crush Adamantium either.

Robtard
Originally posted by WO Polaski
one shot from an rpg stunned a decepticon and one more destroyed it. the transformers in the movies really do have shit durability.

Shittier in ROTF even, which was annoying.

Darth Martin
Personally i think Goblins weaponry would be enough to drop Prime. erm

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
He can regenerate against disintegration so I don't see whats so special about his gun. Didn't seem to help him against the much stronger and weaker Juggernaut, who Logan got no hits in on.

Wei Phoenix
erm

Didn't seem to help him against the much stronger and weaker Juggernaut, who Logan got no hits in on.

Juggernaut was invulnerable so yeah I didn't expect him to hurt him.

Darth Martin
That's not the point. He didn't get any hits in. Whether his claws would have penetrated him or not is irrelevent. His attacks failed. Prime is bigger and stronger.

Robtard
That's not the point. He didn't get any hits in. Whether his claws would have penetrated him or not is irrelevent. His attacks failed. Prime is bigger and stronger.

Prime is also having to worry about several other guys and it'd be easy for Wolverine to hide out until Prime's distracted while trying to rip his arm free of webbing, clearly the smoke from Goblin's bombs from his eyes and taking yet another lightning blot from Storm.

You argue from the basis that Prime will be facing each opponent individually, he won't, they'll be attacking at the same time many a time.

Rogue Jedi
Wolverine can cut into Prime, yes?

Sadako of Girth
I would say so.

Primes' metal isn't as indestructable as Admantium.

Rogue Jedi
Then why is Prime winning even being considered? Wolvie solos.

Eminence
facepalm

Rogue Jedi
OK maybe not solo, but what Rob said.

Darth Martin
Then why is Prime winning even being considered? Wolvie solos. laughing You guys swear Wolverine is god.

You argue from the basis that Prime will be facing each opponent individually, he won't, they'll be attacking at the same time many a time. As if fighting multiple opponents is a problem for Prime. He had the advantage against Megatron, Starscream, and Grindor. In the climax he beat the two most powerful Decepticons in Megatron and the Fallen, killing the Fallen and causing Megatron to retreat. These characters>>this Marvel team. I'm not saying it'd be easy or else I wouldn't have made this thread. I make threads to be challenges and I think Prime would win with considerable difficulty mostly due to the small size and agileness of characters like Goblin and Spider-Man.

Robtard
laughing You guys swear Wolverine is god.

As if fighting multiple opponents is a problem for Prime. He had the advantage against Megatron, Starscream, and Grindor. In the climax he beat the two most powerful Decepticons in Megatron and the Fallen, killing the Fallen and causing Megatron to retreat. These characters>>this Marvel team. I'm not saying it'd be easy or else I wouldn't have made this thread. I make threads to be challenges and I think Prime would win with considerable difficulty mostly due to the small size and agileness of characters like Goblin and Spider-Man.

Those cats are also his size and proper targets. They also weren't flying around as IM, Gob and Storm would be.

Wolverine isn't god, but Prime has nothing to permanently take him out with, he can step on him, he can blast the piss out of him and he can cut off chunks of flesh, fool is going to heal and come back; each time, he'll be landing a couple of hits, which can gimp Prime should they land on a joint or servo.

Personally, I think Prime has a chance(not a clear win like you think), as several of those fools will die from one hit. He's going to have an incredibly hard time hitting Spider-man and he's going to have to save Wolverine for last, maybe throw his ass miles away, probably lose a finger or two in the process.

Wei Phoenix
laughing You guys swear Wolverine is god.

As if fighting multiple opponents is a problem for Prime. He had the advantage against Megatron, Starscream, and Grindor. In the climax he beat the two most powerful Decepticons in Megatron and the Fallen, killing the Fallen and causing Megatron to retreat. These characters>>this Marvel team. I'm not saying it'd be easy or else I wouldn't have made this thread. I make threads to be challenges and I think Prime would win with considerable difficulty mostly due to the small size and agileness of characters like Goblin and Spider-Man.

Wolverine isn't God, but Prime can't keep him down. Fighting two decepticons=/=fighting this team when they are more agile, they have fliers. harder to hit and have a very diverse set of powers.

Sadako of Girth
Lots of exposed skeletal guts parts on Movie Prime.

Wolverine alone could do some serious damage to Prime's vulnerable bits...maybe even messing with his ability to transform also.

Darth Martin
We're talking about movie Wolverine here people. I bet it would take him minutes to get up from being stepped on by Prime, if not more. I doubt Goblins weapons will effect Prime that much.

Robtard
We're talking about movie Wolverine here people. I bet it would take him minutes to get up from being stepped on by Prime, if not more. I doubt Goblins weapons will effect Prime that much.

Probably would, so? The fight would still be raging. Wolverine also isn't some senseless buffoon, I don't think he's going to shout and charge Prime in the open, he's likely to bide his time and run in for a sneaky ankle strike while Prime's attention is on the others.

Another option, while Prime is distracted with Spider-man, Goblin, IM and Storm, have The Thing toss Wolverine onto Prime's back.

Wei Phoenix

When is Prime going to have the time to step on him while Storm and Iron Man are flying around blasting him, Reed stretching around him and tying him up and Spider-Man dodging every blow?

Wei Phoenix

Another option, while Prime is distracted with Spider-man, Goblin, IM and Storm, have The Thing toss Wolverine onto Prime's back.

Fastball special!

Alpha Centauri
I doubt it. Prime's energon blades would make short work of Hulk. I'm not even sure if Hulk is stronger than Prime at base form.

Yeah, if they hit him.

Hulk's not gonna stand there and say "Hit me, Prime.". He's much smaller, faster and stronger than Prime. Hulk could take him on his own, and he wouldn't stay at base strength for long.

Either way, Hulk isn't listed, so why is anyone discussing him?

Out of those listed, it's most likely they'd win. Prime was destroyed by being impaled, he's not indestructible.

Consider that the humans had a RAIL GUN capable of killing Devastator. You think Iron Man, of all people, isn't going to have a weapon as powerful to kill Prime? His unibeam alone would get the job done.

-AC

Eminence
I didn't see one in the movie.

Alpha Centauri
I didn't see one in the movie.

His unibeam alone has enough power to get the job done if Prime is capable of being killed via impalement.

He also has wrist-mounted missiles capable of destroying tanks made by HIM, which you have to consider are advanced as Hell anyway. Certainly advanced enough to hit a moving target as high up as Iron Man was.

Observation; 'tis for breakfast.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Just gonna throw this out there, shot in the dark, that kinda shit.

Let's say Wolverine leaps up, grabs ahold of Prime's leg, and lops it off at the knee? Obviously Prime would be crippled, and when he transforms into the rig, for all we know the severed leg might be a vital component. Driveline, transmission, etc;

With the others harassing Prime, surely it wouldn't be that hard for Wolverine to do this.

Alpha Centauri
You can't just script out actions in favour of one person like that.

All you can really do is suggest that he cut off Prime's leg, which I can't see happening. Not because I doubt he could, but because distraction or not, Prime isn't going to miss someone climbing on his leg, trying to cut it off.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
I'm not scripting anything, just saying it's a likely scenario. With IM, Storm and Gobby attacking from the air, Spidey swinging around slinging web after web at Prime, with Reed wrapping himself around Prime as he sees fit, that leaves Thing, Ock and Wolvie attacking on the ground. Surely IF Wolverine saw the oppurtunity to take out one of Prime's legs, and surely he'd take it.

I was just asking what effect it would have on Prime transforming into the Rig, does anyone know what his legs turn into when he transforms?

Sadako of Girth
The chassis.

FistOfThe North
Prime loses hard in 60 secs.

Should'a at least been Prime & Megatron vS. that "Marvel" team. There may've been a chance there.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
The chassis. If that's true, then Prime be ****ed.

jinXed by JaNx
As Spiderman webs the shit out Prime, Goblin flys Wolverine over Prime and then Wolverine leaps onto Prime and severs his head.

Even if Wolverine is removed from this scenario, Team Marvel is still going win handily. Spiderman, Iron man and Goblin can dodge all of Primes attacks with ease. That puts Prime at a great disadvantage when those three are all on the same team.

Robtard
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
His unibeam alone has enough power to get the job done if Prime is capable of being killed via impalement.

He also has wrist-mounted missiles capable of destroying tanks made by HIM, which you have to consider are advanced as Hell anyway. Certainly advanced enough to hit a moving target as high up as Iron Man was.

Observation; 'tis for breakfast.

-AC

That was an older Soviet tank (which are known for their highly durable armour); not a Stark invention. Still, that missile did kick-ass.

Robtard
As Spiderman webs the shit out Prime, Goblin flys Wolverine over Prime and then Wolverine leaps onto Prime and severs his head.

Even if Wolverine is removed from this scenario, Team Marvel is still going win handily. Spiderman, Iron man and Goblin can dodge all of Primes attacks with ease. That puts Prime at a great disadvantage when those three are all on the same team.

Wolverine isn't cutting anything off of Prime (except maybe a finger) in any quick manner. His best bet is to target the joints and try to damage them enough for a gimping.

Those claws are only a foot or so long, Prime's parts are a lot thicker than that.

Alpha Centauri
Iron Man could clearly take Prime on his own, why is this even a debate?

Prime is too slow to hit him, he can't fly and he's vulnerable to advanced human weaponry.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
I wonder what effect a lightning strike would have on Prime.

Robtard

Prime is too slow to hit him, he can't fly and he's vulnerable to advanced human weaponry.

-AC

It's just a guess what those repulsor beams would do to Prime. They seem to be strictly concussive in nature, as they send brown people flying (to their deaths?), but don't do any visible damage.

I think they'd damage him, but not enough where he could solo.

Robtard
I wonder what effect a lightning strike would have on Prime.

Probably wouldn't take him down, as he (or was it one of the others) ran into the power-lines in the first film, iirc.

XanatosForever
It was Ratchet who fell in the power lines. I agree with you that Logan's not going to be cutting off anything bigger than maybe Prime's fingers, and that's pushing it.

Iron Man's arsenal going by movie feats are the tank buster missiles, the targeting mini missiles, and the repulsors. Personally, I don't think anything except the tank busters have even a shot at damaging Prime significantly. The unibeam is nothing more than his repulor concentrated into his chest piece for a slightly larger area of effect. The repulsors themselves are just concussion. They're not going to do a whole lot to Prime.

Which Green Goblin are we going by in this thread? Norman or Harry? Because there were definitely some differences in feats and such between them.

I don't really see the team coming out on top here, myself. no expression

Rogue Jedi
You do remember Wolvie decapping a sentinel, correct?

Wei Phoenix
You do remember Wolvie decapping a sentinel, correct?

To be fair that Sentinel who should've never even been in that movie had no durability feats.

XanatosForever
How exactly did he go about it?

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by XanatosForever
How exactly did he go about it?

Colossus threw him into a part of the Danger Room that the viewer really couldn't see and then a few seconds later a head came crashing near the rest. It appeared to be a clean slice though, but as I said they have no feats.

XanatosForever
Yeah, that's not enough to convince me that Logan could decap Prime. Not to mention it was the danger room, which is little more than a glorified holodeck for muties.

Wei Phoenix
Yeah, that's not enough to convince me that Logan could decap Prime. Not to mention it was the danger room, which is little more than a glorified holodeck for muties.

Exactly.

Sadako of Girth
It was Ratchet who fell in the power lines. I agree with you that Logan's not going to be cutting off anything bigger than maybe Prime's fingers, and that's pushing it.

Iron Man's arsenal going by movie feats are the tank buster missiles, the targeting mini missiles, and the repulsors. Personally, I don't think anything except the tank busters have even a shot at damaging Prime significantly. The unibeam is nothing more than his repulor concentrated into his chest piece for a slightly larger area of effect. The repulsors themselves are just concussion. They're not going to do a whole lot to Prime.

Which Green Goblin are we going by in this thread? Norman or Harry? Because there were definitely some differences in feats and such between them.

I don't really see the team coming out on top here, myself. no expression

Logan could stab Prime through both eyes, while prime is frozen by Storm....for starters. (Cause we all know that Bayformers can freeze up and also that they can be destroyed with heat.
And repeated lightning strikes could cause Prime's temperature.

Ironman's tankbusters could then inflict whatever damage whereever Stark wants.

Depends where the repulsors are employed on Prime....doesnt it...?
That skinny hip/waist bit would be a good target, as thats where he is structurally thinnest/weakest inside his armour.

XanatosForever
It really feels like you guys are assuming Prime is just standing in place while all this is happening. Say what you will about Bayformers' durability, they could move for being really big fecking robots. Stark, Storm, and any of the other fliers can only go so far without limiting their effectiveness, and Prime can certainly run and gun to keep from getting caught by webbing/rubber.

Sadako of Girth
If that's true, then Prime be ****ed.

Yes. I checked the movie model against the tranform for the new Leader class prime toy, which matches the transform from the movie..
(Reviews and tranforms can be seen on youtube.
Definitely the entire chassis each leg splits and folds to cover the length of the underside of the truck. So his feets are the radiator grille at the front, all the way to the rear most part of the vehicle, where his hips are.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC8qb-R6yjI
You can see this from 03:00 in the review.

This is why the wheels are configured the way they are on the legs on this version of Prime. so if he loses below the knees, as you hypothesised before, then Prime would lose the fornt rad grille the all under the hood front wheels, right up until the last third of the rear chassis in rig mode.

If Prime is hit by Ironman hardware whilst in truck mode, I think it'd be a safe bet that he would be crippled, due to the massive complexity of the transform.

Rogue Jedi
Are others actually questioning whether or not Wolvie's claws will slice through Prime?

Robtard
Are others actually questioning whether or not Wolvie's claws will slice through Prime?

The claws will cut into Prime, but the thickness of Prime's structure means Wolverine isn't going to be slicing off parts. Given enough hits, Wolverine could, but Prime isn't going to be standing there while Wolverine hacks at his thigh over and over.

Wolverine's claws are about a foot long; that's as deep as they can cut. Damaging joints or maybe getting to an eye (as Sadako said above) is his best bet before Prime puts him down and he has to heal and recoup for another attack.

Darth Martin

Prime is too slow to hit him, he can't fly and he's vulnerable to advanced human weaponry. Where were you when he had the Bumblebee vs Iron Man debate. Stark needed you. no

Wei Phoenix
Has anyone factored in Thing's strength or Reed's intelligence?

Darth Martin
Sadly, no. Most are tuirning this into another God awful "Wolverine solos" debates.

I think Thing might be able to do some damage. He's the second most durable here. Richards isn't to be underestimated ever.

Robtard
Unless Richards has the means and time to make some 'anti-autobot' device, his intelligence here isn't much of a factor in this brawl. He probably wouldn't be stupid enough to try and wrap himself around Prime though, as he'll he sliced by the energy-blade.

Thing can only pound on Prime's feet, which would stack up in damage given time. Prime stepping on him isn't going to take him out and it's hard to judge what the energy blade and blaster would do to him.

Darth Martin
Thing can only pound on Prime's feet, which would stack up in damage given time. How about jumping on him from a building roof top while Prime is pre-occupied with the other heroes? It's a stretch but totally possible.

Rogue Jedi
Let's say Spidey lands on Prime's head and unleashes blow after blow. How much damage can he do?

Wei Phoenix
Let's say Spidey lands on Prime's head and unleashes blow after blow. How much damage can he do?

Not as much as Thing. I'm trying to find that one strength feat he had from ROTSS. The one where that thing was falling because of Johnny's carelessness. I forgot exactly how big it was so I can't properly gauge his strength as of now.

Robtard
Probably dents and maybe punch through, but the small size of his fist will limit the overall damage. He'd be better off crawling under Prime's car plating and trying to break something that moves.

Rogue Jedi
And if Reed wraps up Prime's legs or arms, can Prime break free, in your opinion?

Darth Martin
Yes. His energon swords are like giant lightsabers. erm

Rogue Jedi
Yeesh. Looks like Wolvie and Thing do the most damage then. Ock?

Darth Martin
Wolverine doing the most damage? laughing

Storm and Iron Man are doing the most damage here my friend.

Wei Phoenix
I have no strategy for Ock to be useful here outside of distraction.

Robtard
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
I have no strategy for Ock to be useful here outside of distraction.

Climbs on Prime's back where he'll be somewhat safe and beings tearing off pieces. Probably won't last long, but it will help in the picking of Prime apart.

Rogue Jedi
Wolvie and Thing then.

Darth Martin
Wolvie and Thing then. What about them?

Rogue Jedi
Looks like it's up to them to deal out the most hurt.

Darth Martin
I've said countless times that the big guns in this match are Storm and Iron Man.

Rogue Jedi
Shit, forgot about them.

roughrider
http://jeffpearlman.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/optimus-prime-transformers-movie.jpg

Reed Richards assembles a team of super-powered beings from his universe to bring down the leader of the Autobots. Can he do it?

Team Marvel
Mr. Fantastic
Iron Man
Storm
Thing
Spider-Man
Wolverine
Green Goblin
Doc Ock

Setting: Gotham City

Scenario I: City is populated
Scenario II: City is evacuated.

Prime has a good shot against this group, I would say. But that's if Reed is just using his own powers, and not pulling out crazy weapon inventions; then the game changes.

Alpha Centauri
I've said countless times that the big guns in this match are Storm and Iron Man.

Storm is a f*cking nobody.

-AC

Robtard
Storm is a f*cking nobody.

-AC

She did create a few gusts of wind and electrocuted Toad.

Edit: and she can cover an area with fog, which would probably be her best contribution here, as it'd give cover to the others.

Rogue Jedi
I wouldn't say she's a nobody, she could certainly provide cover for her teammates and distract Prime.

Eminence
Do people agree with this, or would anyone like to add/alter something?Eminence
Mr. Fantastic: Physically useless, probably dies horribly, might have tactical utility.

Iron Man: Absolutely needs to stay high in the air. At close range he'll get cleaved in two, if he isn't constantly moving he's going to get blown apart by one of Prime's guns. His wrist-rocket and repulsors are obviously going to be his most useful contribution to the team, but overall he's probably the toughest person they have.

Storm: Definitely useful. Lightning strikes are almost certainly going to hit Prime hard. However, she is the least durable of the Marvels; even the shockwave and debris from a moderately close blast will either incapacitate or kill her, so like Iron Man she needs to stay very high in the air or take cover at a distance. Even then, her utility is limited by the fact that Prime can throw himself into one of the buildings for protection against the lightning, at least in the first scenario, and the loss of precision that would come with increases in distance would make Storm almost as much a danger to her teammates as she would be to Prime.

Thing: Not all that useful here. Prime appears to be significantly stronger, is definitely significantly larger, and is equipped with guns that could potentially kill one-shot Grimm and energon blades that almost definitely could.

Spiderman: Webbing probably fails against an astoundingly agile giant transforming robot equipped with the equivalent of car-sized lightsabers and hand cannons. I can see Spiderman being strong enough to do aesthetic damage to Prime and maybe even rip out his optics, but I highly doubt he can latch on to Prime's head long enough to do that. As with all the above, a shot or slash from the weapons kills him, and blunt force trauma - acknowledging the ridiculous amounts he's survived before - won't exactly be comfortable.

Wolverine: Not terribly useful. His claws probably won't do much more than cosmetic damage considering they're only a foot long, and he isn't nearly fast enough to dodge those man-sized bullets. He probably gets blown up trying to close distance, and spends a while sticking his ass back together.

Goblin: His weapons don't appear to be nearly strong enough to do much to Prime, and he won't be doing much in melee combat; he isn't as agile as Spiderman and he can't stick to things, so once his weapons run out he's basically fodder, like Wolverine.

Octavius: Too slow, too weak. He's one of the first to die. I think it could go either way, but I'm leaning a little towards Prime.

XanatosForever
I'm still waiting on Darth Martin to specify which Osborn is running the Goblin shtick.

Robtard
Prime's energy blade hasn't shown to be anywhere near as powerful as a lightsabre in terms of cutting ability/heat generation. So it's highly possible it won't cut The Thing in two, as he took Doom's blast and kept coming back for more.

I don't think Spider-Man's webbing "fails" here, he could keep locking up Prime with it faster than Prime could cut or rip out. Would serve to slow Prime down and keep him off the flyers while they attack. More of a defensive weapon than offensive, though covering Primes eyes with it would also be useful in the short term.

Robtard
I'm still waiting on Darth Martin to specify which Osborn is running the Goblin shtick.

Green Goblin, so the first one. As Harry is referred to as New Goblin, iirc.

Darth Martin
I'm still waiting on Darth Martin to specify which Osborn is running the Goblin shtick. Norman Osborn. We refer to Harry as the New Goblin. wink

Storm is a f*cking nobody. She made dozens of tornadoes in seconds which resulted in the disqualification of two USAF fighter jets. Not to mention fogg to temporarily(not sure if Prime's vision would hendered or not) camaflogue her teamates, produce lightning which might harm Prime, and fly.

Sadako of Girth
How about jumping on him from a building roof top while Prime is pre-occupied with the other heroes? It's a stretch but totally possible.

Maybe he (Reed) could stretch between two objects and use himself to catapult Thing at Primes head....?

Darth Martin
That's totally possible as is Richards or Thing doing that to Wolverine.

Rogue Jedi
She has killer bewbz too.

Darth Martin
I think we all can attest to have seen bigger and better.

Rogue Jedi
Quality, not quantity.

Darth Martin
I'm in agreeal, but Halle?

Rogue Jedi
Yes, Halle droolio

Doctor-Alvis
I think Optimus is pretty screwed on this. Spider-man can web up the streets which, even if he cuts them, will slow him down. Most of the melee guys will be crawling all over him like ants with Storm and Ironman pegging him from a distance.
Yes. I checked the movie model against the tranform for the new Leader class prime toy, which matches the transform from the movie..
(Reviews and tranforms can be seen on youtube.
Definitely the entire chassis each leg splits and folds to cover the length of the underside of the truck. So his feets are the radiator grille at the front, all the way to the rear most part of the vehicle, where his hips are.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC8qb-R6yjI
You can see this from 03:00 in the review.

This is why the wheels are configured the way they are on the legs on this version of Prime. so if he loses below the knees, as you hypothesised before, then Prime would lose the fornt rad grille the all under the hood front wheels, right up until the last third of the rear chassis in rig mode.

If Prime is hit by Ironman hardware whilst in truck mode, I think it'd be a safe bet that he would be crippled, due to the massive complexity of the transform.

I concur with this information and second the anatomy assessment. I know this because I watched the bit where Optimus transforms on the highway in the first movie like 100 times in an effort to better understand how cool Optimus transforming was.

jinXed by JaNx
Wolverine isn't cutting anything off of Prime (except maybe a finger) in any quick manner. His best bet is to target the joints and try to damage them enough for a gimping.

Those claws are only a foot or so long, Prime's parts are a lot thicker than that.

i have to disagree man. WOlverine is an animal. He will be going for the kill shot. The same way that real Wolverines drop Grizzly bears, Logan will latch onto Primes kneck and tear his tiny head to shit. We saw just how easily Prime dropped transformers by ripping their faces off. Wolverines' Claws will be able to do the same. Primes metal is not very durbale. Those transformers dent crack and snap. Wolverines alien metal never bends and always decimates. Optimus is essentially a moving mac truck...,Wolverine, Iron man and those other super entites are not going to lose to a giant mutated mac truck. We saw what the thing was able to do to Automobiles what do you think Wolverines claws can do to a mac truck?

Robtard
i have to disagree man. WOlverine is an animal. He will be going for the kill shot. The same way that real Wolverines drop Grizzly bears, Logan will latch onto Primes kneck and tear his tiny head to shit. We saw just how easily Prime dropped transformers by ripping their faces off. Wolverines' Claws will be able to do the same. Primes metal is not very durbale. Those transformers dent crack and snap. Wolverines alien metal never bends and always decimates. Optimus is essentially a moving mac truck...,Wolverine, Iron man and those other super entites are not going to lose to a giant mutated mac truck. We saw what the thing was able to do to Automobiles what do you think Wolverines claws can do to a mac truck?

You're not factoring in that Wolverine's claws are only about a foot long and Prime in over three stories tall.

Could you cut through a 3 foot thick piece of cheese with only a 6 inch razor? No, you couldn't, razor cut easily into the cheese, but you'd need swipe after swipe to cut it in half.

BTW, wolverines do not drop grizzly bears, they fight with them and the bears usually just bail because it's not worth the effort getting toren up just to kill an animal that doesn't taste good.

Rogue Jedi
How thick is Prime's neck compared to a sentinels?

XanatosForever
Drop the sentinel feat already, RJ, it's got no backing.

Sadako of Girth
It looks good for Marvel.

* Attacking/Ambushing Prime in rigmode. Crippling disabling his transform by tankbusting Prime directly behind the cab where there is a weak point in his parts. That area would destroy Prime's "lower torso", and "back", and blow his "legs" off in that mode or definitely permanently prevent him from transforming.

* Using Stark corp landmines would be great also.

(And with Prime in Robot mode: )

* Richards catapults Wolverine into Prime's face Woverine blinding Prime by ripping through his eyes blinding him, before Spiderman comes in and ties him with webbing, (no probs for Spidey if he should be clobbered by Prime during this, or even if Prime should stomp him....If he could take that epic, legendary Sandman beating he can take Prime's ten tonne weight..) and Ironman gets to relax and blast Prime in the knees, then when he drops, with no leg/legs, head shot.

* Storm whirlwinding it and lifting Prime off the ground, nullifying all but his blaster, (which isnt rapid fire) And lightning striking him multiple times, heating him beyond BayTF functional temperate, slamming him down on the ground, then Iron Man flies by quick and administers the coups de grace.

* Iron Man just headshots Prime right off the bat or shoots him in the chest like Megatron did, scrapping him instantly.
Or Jerichos his metallicy, spacey, Rubik's cube ass.

* Maybe Ock could mess Prime up with his portal blackholey thing from spidey 2.

Darth Martin
Using Stark corp landmines would be great also.

facepalm

We've been over this already in the Bumblebee vs Iron Man thread. He can't pull stuff he hasn't shown already out of his ass.

XanatosForever
It looks good for Marvel.

* Attacking/Ambushing Prime in rigmode. Crippling disabling his transform by tankbusting Prime directly behind the cab where there is a weak point in his parts. That area would destroy Prime's "lower torso", and "back", and blow his "legs" off in that mode or definitely permanently prevent him from transforming.

* Using Stark corp landmines would be great also.

(And with Prime in Robot mode: )

* Richards catapults Wolverine into Prime's face Woverine blinding Prime by ripping through his eyes blinding him, before Spiderman comes in and ties him with webbing, (no probs for Spidey if he should be clobbered by Prime during this, or even if Prime should stomp him....If he could take that epic, legendary Sandman beating he can take Prime's ten tonne weight..) and Ironman gets to relax and blast Prime in the knees, then when he drops, with no leg/legs, head shot.

* Storm whirlwinding it and lifting Prime off the ground, nullifying all but his blaster, (which isnt rapid fire) And lightning striking him multiple times, heating him beyond BayTF functional temperate, slamming him down on the ground, then Iron Man flies by quick and administers the coups de grace.

* Iron Man just headshots Prime right off the bat or shoots him in the chest like Megatron did, scrapping him instantly.
Or Jerichos his metallicy, spacey, Rubik's cube ass.

* Maybe Ock could mess Prime up with his portal blackholey thing from spidey 2.

What ambush? Combatants are aware of each other, are they not? Prime knows better than to stay in vehicle mode for a battle.

Iron Man does not have access to Stark corp weaponry save what he has equipped in his suit.

Reed launches Wolvie...and Prime moves his head to the side. Seriously, he's not a slow poke, and he's not going to wait for a guy with indestructable toothpicks to poke his eyes out. With that nuisance out of the way for a while, he swats Spidey before he has a chance to web, swords Reed while he prepping to launch Thing. Iron Man swoops in for a few blasts and Prime grabs him and throws him into a recovering Spidey, while punting Thing off into the distance. He blasts Storm while she's busy prepping that fog cover everyone seems to like so much, and flicks Ock off his shin. Most of this battle could be won via BFR.

Tony's arsenal =/= Megatron's, so he's not one-shotting Prime at all, and Jericho isn't part of the suit's arsenal.

Ock would need prep time to even get the mini-sun to activate (that's what it was, despite all laws of physics), which he wouldn't have because he'd be dead.

Marvel can pull out a win, but so can Prime. This is in no way a stomp for either side.

Darth Martin
Tony's arsenal =/= Megatron's Are you implying Iron Man's arsenal is equal to that of Megatron? How do you figure?

AngryManatee
Are you implying Iron Man's arsenal is equal to that of Megatron? How do you figure?

He's implying that Iron Man's arsenal is not equal to that of Megatron, which I agree with. Although I'm more used to "not equal" being != ...goddam C++

Sadako of Girth
What ambush? Combatants are aware of each other, are they not? Prime knows better than to stay in vehicle mode for a battle.

Iron Man does not have access to Stark corp weaponry save what he has equipped in his suit.

Reed launches Wolvie...and Prime moves his head to the side. Seriously, he's not a slow poke, and he's not going to wait for a guy with indestructable toothpicks to poke his eyes out. With that nuisance out of the way for a while, he swats Spidey before he has a chance to web, swords Reed while he prepping to launch Thing. Iron Man swoops in for a few blasts and Prime grabs him and throws him into a recovering Spidey, while punting Thing off into the distance. He blasts Storm while she's busy prepping that fog cover everyone seems to like so much, and flicks Ock off his shin. Most of this battle could be won via BFR.

Tony's arsenal =/= Megatron's, so he's not one-shotting Prime at all, and Jericho isn't part of the suit's arsenal.

Ock would need prep time to even get the mini-sun to activate (that's what it was, despite all laws of physics), which he wouldn't have because he'd be dead.

Marvel can pull out a win, but so can Prime. This is in no way a stomp for either side.

Prime might transform for evasive reasons.

Sure. Its a messy one for both sides.

I know the jericho device isnt a part of his armour. But it belongs to him. smile

Ok. Makes sense about Ock. I happily retract that part. smile

Wolverine only needs to be flung into the face. He doesnt have to hang around all day there. If Prime is busy being distracted by Spidey/Thing etc he wouldnt see it coming. Especially if Parker spider jizzes in his eyes prior to Wolverine's launch.

Sadako of Girth
facepalm

We've been over this already in the Bumblebee vs Iron Man thread. He can't pull stuff he hasn't shown already out of his ass.

Ok. Jericho it is, then. wink

Darth Martin
Jericho? My point still apllies. It wasn;t in the suit so he doen't get it here.

Sadako of Girth
You obviously have final word on that as thread starter.
I just just think its abit gimpy to deprive Stark of a weapon that we see him demonstrate onscreen. smile

XanatosForever
Prime might transform for evasive reasons.

Sure. Its a messy one for both sides.

I know the jericho device isnt a part of his armour. But it belongs to him. smile

Ok. Makes sense about Ock. I happily retract that part. smile

Wolverine only needs to be flung into the face. He doesnt have to hang around all day there. If Prime is busy being distracted by Spidey/Thing etc he wouldnt see it coming. Especially if Parker spider jizzes in his eyes prior to Wolverine's launch.

He might, yes, but he would be a matter of last resort or tactical advantage. Let's face it, a mac truck isn't one of the best things to use as a getaway vehicle. no expression

Belongs to him, yes, but it's not part of the Mark III load out, so unavailable. stick out tongue

Indeed.

I'm sure it's not your intention, but you really seem to be making it out that Optimus is going to be moving as slow as molasses. The Bayformers have been shown to be very active, and very mobile, in combat, ducking and weaving, and even doing combat rolls. The team is going to have a hard time sticking to Prime.

Eminence
Sure it is.

60p2Tfno3fs&feature=relatedSee 0:08.

Considering the hits Prime takes in that fight -- particularly the barrage from Starscream and Grindor between 2:13 and 2:16 and the ridiculous cannon blast to the chest at 2:17 -- I don't see Iron Man doing very much with his repulsors.

Edit: And he's also agile as hell, so I don't see Wolverine getting up there.

Sadako of Girth
I stand corrected.
Thank you Eminence.

Gonna have to rewatch it, purely for the sake of these debates. My mind is starting to block out much of the horror and has started to interfere with mass debating. stick out tongue

Mr. Rhythmic
Never read a Transformers comic, was Prime even more bad-ass than in the G1 cartoon?

G1 comic book Prime was easily the most badass version. Mother trucker beat GALVATRON, who at the time was the most powerful and dangerous Transformer alive.

Mr. Rhythmic
60p2Tfno3fs&feature=related

...Ok, Prime wins this.

Sadako of Girth
100 percent correctamundo.

Robtard
That forest fight was the highlight of the film and Prime did kick-ass, forgotten most of the details on it.

Sadako of Girth
Yeah.... A lot went on.
It compared to the first movie, seems to be rapid fire but with a smaller bolt.

Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
G1 comic book Prime was easily the most badass version. Mother trucker beat GALVATRON, who at the time was the most powerful and dangerous Transformer alive.

Just to clarirify which point I agreed with so enthusiastically.

Darth Martin
That forest fight was the highlight of the film For me it's either that or the Shanghai scene. Movie could've been alot better if they cut the runtime down. Lots of uneeded scenes. If it hadn't been for me seeing with a huge crowd of fun people it would have been a drag. For suppossedly the big summer blockbuster of the year, it failed to meet my expectations.

Eminence
Sadako of Girth
I stand corrected.
Thank you Eminence.No worries. I'd actually forgotten about that bit until I went back and rewatched it. stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
Drop the sentinel feat already, RJ, it's got no backing. It's just a general question. Someone stated that Wolverine's claws are not long enough to decap Prime, so I was just wondering how thick Prime's neck is compared to a sentinels.

XanatosForever
Then my bad. As for the question, I have no idea an answer. Sorry again.

Rogue Jedi
I was just thinking that unless Prime has some type of uber metal, why would it be that hard for Wolvie to decap him, especially if Prime's neck is around the same size as a sentinels?

XanatosForever
How long did it take Logan to decap the "Sentinel"?

Rogue Jedi
Few seconds?

Scythe
Definitely, I would say.
About the only thing to destroy even bits of him, was Megatron's Fusion cannon taking out an arm once, and when he was detonated in one lame assed storyline (so he could be bought back as powermaster Prime bunch of issues after.)

Aside from that his feats and effectiveness against the deceps were numerous and impressive.

The humans were unable to mess with transformers also, in the comic. (Circuit breaker was almost the only human who did.)

Prime once took out Soundwave, Rumble, Laserbeak, Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercracker in one effort to rescue a captured and barbarically tortured Bumblebee.
Most of those were with his bare hands after Starscream and the other jets ambushed Prime in the desert.
(If memory serves, he did it one handedly, as his shoulder was damaged by one of the jets letting rip with at close range.)
That story was "Crisis of Command".

If McClane and John Wayne had an Autobot lovechild, It'd have been G1 comic Prime.

F*ck yeah

Darth Martin
While the sentinel feat is viable it's not the same here. The sentinel seen was alot slower and less agile than Prime. Factor in Prime's experience and tactics.

XanatosForever
While the sentinel feat is viable it's not the same here. The sentinel seen was alot slower and less agile than Prime. Factor in Prime's experience and tactics.

Not to mention it wasn't real...holodeck doesn't make for good feat reference. smile

Darth Martin
Agreed.

Doctor-Alvis
Upon re-evaluation of the forest fight scene: Where the **** did Optimus get those hooks?

Also, I still think the Marvel team has a slight advantage due to their numbers but it won't be an easy win.
Not to mention it wasn't real...holodeck doesn't make for good feat reference. smile
The whole point in referencing it was for Wolverine's ehh... cutting efficiency wasn't it? A simulation is as good as the real thing for that really since it's not really about anything else but his ability to cut through a thick object.

XanatosForever
If they wanted to demonstrate that, they should have actually shown him performing the act. The Danger Room is for simulating battle scenarios, but that doesn't mean stipulations or parameters wouldn't be tweaked here and there. It's just a bad reference point all over.

Doctor-Alvis
The neck is this big *holds out hands* and he cut through it in X amount of time. Unless parameters were set so the Sentinel was made of soap suds, it's something. Not saying he always will, but the possibility is open where if Wolverine has X amount of time he can cut through *holds out hands* this amount of material.

XanatosForever
I really think it was an exaggeration to help Logan's jobber aura, myself. Anyways, cutting through X amount of material in X amount of time becomes much more difficult when said X material is not a stationary target.

Doctor-Alvis
I agree.

Eminence
He turns his swords into sickles.

Eminence
Err, hooks. Apparently I was going for the alliteration. no expression

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
Where the **** did Optimus get those hooks? He also used them to cut free of the parachutes in Shanghai.

is not a stationary target. Bingo. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.