Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SWblayde938
they made a comic out of this... i think the sequel for freddy and jason should be freddy vs. jason vs. ash..... it would be sweet...

ash has to be the winner though, or more likely

Kazenji
Originally posted by SWblayde938
they made a comic out of this...

Of course and theres a sequal to it now 'Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash: The Nightmare Warriors'

SWblayde938
Originally posted by Kazenji
Of course and theres a sequal to it now 'Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash: The Nightmare Warriors' it could be a pretty decent movie.... they should only do it if they can get the original actor for ash back

Wolfie
Bruce Campbell is done as Ash. If he tried to reprise the role, he would only disappoint the die-hard fans. Look at what happened when Harrison Ford came back as Indy.

If you're in the mood to see Bruce Campbell as Ash again, just watch My Name is Bruce.

The comic of Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash (I just bought the collection the other day, gonna read it soon) is the best we can hope for.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Wolfie
Bruce Campbell is done as Ash. If he tried to reprise the role, he would only disappoint the die-hard fans. Look at what happened when Harrison Ford came back as Indy.

If you're in the mood to see Bruce Campbell as Ash again, just watch My Name is Bruce.

The comic of Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash (I just bought the collection the other day, gonna read it soon) is the best we can hope for.

sad but tre it makes me sad to see it when Actors get old and try to relive their older roles

btw Bubba Ho Tep was pretty cool :-D not really a Horror Movie but still funny, the dialogs just awsome :-D

jinXed by JaNx
I wouldn't be against the idea of having the Ash character go on. I mean, it would take a special actor but with direction of Raimi and the consent from Campbell, i'm sure they can and will find a great Ash. We will have to see how the remake turns out but i've always been down with seeing Ash become a major franchise.Maybe that way they could do an ash vs freddy vs jason movie and have campbell and england stand in as camios or small parts. I can also say that after seeing, Drag Me to Hell, i am very very anxious to see how the evil dead remake turns out.

Wolfie
Originally posted by Parmaniac
sad but tre it makes me sad to see it when Actors get old and try to relive their older roles

btw Bubba Ho Tep was pretty cool :-D not really a Horror Movie but still funny, the dialogs just awsome :-D
Oh yeah, Bruce Campbell is still great. He's just not Ash anymore. If you haven't checked out My Name is Bruce or Burn Notice, I totally recommend them.
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I wouldn't be against the idea of having the Ash character go on. I mean, it would take a special actor but with direction of Raimi and the consent from Campbell, i'm sure they can and will find a great Ash. We will have to see how the remake turns out but i've always been down with seeing Ash become a major franchise.Maybe that way they could do an ash vs freddy vs jason movie and have campbell and england stand in as camios or small parts. I can also say that after seeing, Drag Me to Hell, i am very very anxious to see how the evil dead remake turns out.
No one but Campbell can play Ash. It'd be sin to replace him. That's why in the talks of the Evil Dead remake, Ash would not be in it. You can't replace Bruce Campbell and you can't bring him back.

And that's another reason why FvJvA won't happen. All of their series are being remade (or already have been). The studios would never continue the old series after a new one has started. It's like if we saw Halloween 9 or Texas Chainsaw Massacre 5 now.

Kazenji
I did'nt like that Bubba Ho Tep movie.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Wolfie

And that's another reason why FvJvA won't happen. All of their series are being remade (or already have been). The studios would never continue the old series after a new one has started. It's like if we saw Halloween 9 or Texas Chainsaw Massacre 5 now.

That's why i wouldn't mind seeing a Freddy vs Jason vs ash, a few years down the road. This is assuming that the Ash character is portrayed well in the remake. At this point all of these characters have grown bigger than the actors who play them, even Ash. I'm sure Raimi and Campbell could find someone to replace Ash. You would need a decent actor who has grown up watching Evil Dead. I doubt the Evil Dead remake will be anything like the original though. I am expecting a more traditional movie with a formulaic balance of horror and comedy, not that this would be a bad thing. I really don't look at any movie as being "sacred" anymore. I'm all for a remake if the original people are directly involved with the project.

Kazenji
I remember at one point that guy who played Xander on the buffy show, Nicholas Brendon his name came up one time for the role of Ash.

jinXed by JaNx
im thinkin...,Matt Damon wink

TheVapor
I say a few years from now, once the remade series have run their course a bit, they do another "vs" movie.

non-zombie Jason, Rorshach Krueger, and Zombie's Michael would sure make for a great brawl in my opinion.

CATMANEXE
does kind of suck that it didnt happen. Cambell was actually excited in interviews. the script of course was converted to a comic (highly reccomend it), and now has a sequel to that. theres no real way such a thing wouldnt garner attention and sell. they could work around the problems, it would be worth it.

Pandemoniac
I would love to see it happen, but it's just too late. Raimi's been trying to convince the press that Evil Dead 4 is on his agenda, but also admitted that Bruce was not very willing to do another. And that was years ago all ready.
Nobody can play Ash but Cambell, and he just can't do it as proficient anymore as the fans would like. Yeah you could go with the 'old Ash wearyingly picking up the chainsaw and boomstick for one final fight', but the man is not Stallone, and especially facing off with Krueger and Voorhees you'll want Ash in his prime, on full cinical-slapstick-headlobbing-leadpumping, up-yours-monsters! mode
Guess we'll have to do with the comics

wicker_man
Stupid idea. Freddy vs. Jason (like Alien vs Predator) was bad enough collaborations do not I repeat DO NOT work. As

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.