Optimus Prime & Megatron Team Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
The two leaders of the Autobots and Decepticons have agreed to make a stand agains the various super teams of the movie universe. Both of them are bloodlusted to the max. All fights are in Mission City. They get no help or prep but they are rested and fully healed between fights. How far do they get?

1. Fantastic Four w/ Fantasticar
2. The Incredibles w/ Frozone (No Jack-Jack)
3. Spider-Man, Venom, Doc Ock, Green Goblin, New Goblin
4. Wolverine, Colossus, Cyclops, Storm, Gambit
5. Bumblebee, Ratchet, Ironhide, Jazz, Sideswipe
6. Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Giant Man, Wasp (Ultimate Avengers)
7. Starscream, Blackout, Brawl, Bonecrusher, Barricade

Placidity
Originally posted by Darth Martin
The two leaders of the Autobots and Decepticons have agreed to make a stand agains the various super teams of the movie universe. Both of them are bloodlusted to the max. All fights are in Mission City. They get no help or prep but they are rested and fully healed between fights. How far do they get?

2. The Incredibles w/ Frozone (No Jack-Jack)

Gauntlet doesn't seem to be in the right order. But anyways...

Not too sure about this. It seems to me its all up to the Human Torch. Torch definitely has the potential to screw them up badly, but at the same time, so can the cybertronian duo.

2. The Incredibles w/ Frozone

I think they'd die horribly. Dash can't really do anything, neither can Violet. All they can do is evade, but eventually they'll go down. Megatron will rip Elastigirl in half (ouch - yea he probably couldn't stretch her out enough, but just imagine that thought.) Mr. Incredible survives the longest, but probably get taken out by being stepped on or an energy blast. Frozone also useless.

A very powerful line up, but I'm not sure even Venom's punches will effect the duo. They could all survive pretty long except for Doc Ock because he is the slowest and nowhere near as maneuverable as the others. So he dies pretty quick into the battle. This could drag out quite a bit, as it would be like King Kong trying to swat at flies. I don't really see Goblin's bombs doing much as they are probably comparable to a regular high explosive grenade. Venom and Spidey's webbing could possibly be used to some effect, but I don't think it could lead to a victory.

The team with the best chance so far I think. Colossus can do his fast ball special and Wolverine could carve them up like he did to the Sentinel in the danger room session in X3. I feel Cyclops will definitely make them feel it with his optic blast. I don't really see Storm or Gambit doing much.

Fail horribly. Prime got a major upgrade in T2, taking on multiple Decepticons at once including Megatron. Also, in T1, a few of these autobots ran when Megatron was coming, they knew he was just too much. The strategy here seems to be to outnumber Prime and Megatron, but its just nowhere near enough.

I have not seen this, but if Thor is anywhere near his comic incarnation, Thor will solo this.

Pretty much the same with the autobots, however, Starscream and Blackout are relatively more powerful. Still not enough to overcome Prime and Megatron. Especially since T2 where Prime is often seen using his 1-hit KO energy blade.

. . . . . .

With the Exception of 6, I think they CAN clear it but may encounter substantial threats at 4.

Scythe
Clear all except 4 and 6.

Darth Martin
Thank you for actually taking the time to write out your opinions and reasons. I really appreciate it.

Originally posted by Placidity Gauntlet doesn't seem to be in the right order. How would you order it?

Originally posted by Placidity
but if Thor is anywhere near his comic incarnation, Thor will solo this. Sadly he isn't. Mjolnir gives flight, he has his usual superstrength enough for him to fight the Hulk. He can teleport via Mjolnir. He's shown a degree of weather manipulation and that's about it. Not to mention he's tough as hell. I'm not sure 'Tron or Prime will be able to kill him.

Iron Man is quite different from his live-action counterpart. He is a hell of alot stronger though. He sucessfully glided an airplane to safety. He has missiles, repulsors, pulsebeams, and his uni-beam.

Cap is a beast. I'm not sure if his shield throw will effect either here though.

Giant-Man gan grow to 50 feet with ease but has very poor durability. I'd say he's at most a 50 tonner. Hulk pwned him and he's like a fly compared to Pym.

Wasp will probably be too small for either Prime or 'Tron to see clearly. Black Widow is very agile and sports two automatic handguns as well as a vibranium knife. She likely isn't doing anything here.

Originally posted by Placidity
7. Starscream, Blackout, Brawl, Bonecrusher, Barricade I don't know man. Bonecrusher and Barricade may be weak but Starscream, Blackout, and Brawl are quite the powerhouses. Easily the three most powerful we've seen besides Prime and Megatron.

Placidity
Thank you for actually taking the time to write out your opinions and reasons. I really appreciate it.

How would you order it?

I'm not sure, but it doesn't matter. I would have 4 and 6 last.

I don't know man. Bonecrusher and Barricade may be weak but Starscream, Blackout, and Brawl are quite the powerhouses. Easily the three most powerful we've seen besides Prime and Megatron.

Hmm, I wouldn't say Brawl is in the same league as Starscream or Blackout. The thing is, Prime did fight Starscream in T2, and he was taking on Megatron and some other fellas at the same time. He sliced Starscream's arm/leg off. So Prime is at least good enough for a 3v1, which INCLUDED Megatron.

Megatron was also pissing around with Starscream, he was stepping on him and screwing around during one convo on a building roof. Starscream may be second only to Megatron, but in between them is a big gap.

Darth Martin
Yea Starscream is Megatron's *****. Figuretavely and in battle. But I would put Brawl in the same tier as Starscream and Blackout. It took a combined effort of Ratchet, Ironhid, Jazz, F-22 missiles, and sabot rounds to put him down. I'd say he's the toughest Decepticon with the exception of Megatron who took like 6 missiles to the chest and was still fighting.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.