DId u liek the PT

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SWblayde938
alot of people said they didn't like the PT...,. i mena i know it isn't as good as OT but i thought it was pretty good.... darth maul was prett cool... i mean how did u like it

Eminence
Wrong forum.

But yes, overall I liked the PT. Like most things, though, it could've been done better. And I mean way, waaaay better.

Darth Martin
Overall, yes. It was worthy addition although I thought TPM could have been handled alot better.

Incanus
They should have had sith holocrons be activated ;-)

SWblayde938
yeah i did do wrong form my bad........ anyways i liked it alot i liked Maul i wish he could of just went into hiding instead of die or maybe turn into a jedi something like that

Lord Lucien
It was alright. Rewrite it so that Jar Jar, little Anakin, retard battle droids (Ep.III), and random occurrences (Mustafar duel) are all obliterated. Change older Anakin's personality, make the Clone Wars central from the get-go, give Maul and Dooku more time and backstory, introduce Ventress, make Grievous like his cartoon self, focus on other Jedi beside the main 5 we see, and limit the general silliness that seems to permeate the trilogy----and I'll love like it the OT.

mattatom
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
It was alright. Rewrite it so that Jar Jar, little Anakin, retard battle droids (Ep.III), and random occurrences (Mustafar duel) are all obliterated. Change older Anakin's personality, make the Clone Wars central from the get-go, give Maul and Dooku more time and backstory, introduce Ventress, make Grievous like his cartoon self, focus on other Jedi beside the main 5 we see, and limit the general silliness that seems to permeate the trilogy----and I'll love like it the OT.
Oh and more time with Qui Gon.

Lord Lucien
Actually, I'm cool with him dieing in the first movie. He made for a great example as to how Anakin should have been taught. Eps. II and III focus on Obi-Wan's handling of Anakin according to the dogma, and that was a great device for causing Anakin's fall. The general plotline to the PT is fine, it could just do with some structural reworking.

WO Polaski
Originally posted by Lord Lucien

i agree with everything you said except for two. i think mauls time was good. in the end if you disregard EU hes nothing more then an anti-social beserker. i think because of his character he really shouldnt be anything more than a glorified hitman/suped up henchmen.

and in addition to GG being more like his cartoon self i think he needed a LOT more screen time. him and dooku make much better villains then someone such as maul because even though GG only had about 15 minutes of screen time that was enough to paint as a charismatic, taunting, crafty villain. i think that if he had been introduced in AotC it would have been awesome. in fact id even go so far as to say that he could have appeared in TPM instead of maul. if the fight was Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan vs. GG using 2 ligh sabers Qui-Gon could be killed and Obi-Wan could barely escape with his life maybe surviving only due to an lucky environmental variable. that would provide more screen time for GG as well as give Obi-Wan a real nemesis across the course of the three movies if they clash once in TPM then again in AotC and finally killing him in RotS.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by WO Polaski
i agree with everything you said except for two. i think mauls time was good. in the end if you disregard EU hes nothing more then an anti-social beserker. i think because of his character he really shouldnt be anything more than a glorified hitman/suped up henchmen.

and in addition to GG being more like his cartoon self i think he needed a LOT more screen time. him and dooku make much better villains then someone such as maul because even though GG only had about 15 minutes of screen time that was enough to paint as a charismatic, taunting, crafty villain. i think that if he had been introduced in AotC it would have been awesome. in fact id even go so far as to say that he could have appeared in TPM instead of maul. if the fight was Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan vs. GG using 2 ligh sabers Qui-Gon could be killed and Obi-Wan could barely escape with his life maybe surviving only due to an lucky environmental variable. that would provide more screen time for GG as well as give Obi-Wan a real nemesis across the course of the three movies if they clash once in TPM then again in AotC and finally killing him in RotS. Exactly. Maul was so underdeveloped. His incarnation in that novel presented him as a ruthless, calculating, talented, and rather intelligent individual who was fanatically devoted to Palpatine. Even if he has to be killed off in a reworked Ep. I, he should have been expanded on to a greater extent.

And Grievous was a great character as a wartime leader. As an assassin, or political opponent, he's too physically and mentally boisterous. In the Ep. I that I imagine, full out war hasn't yet occurred, so Grievous should only be alluded to in passing reference, with a deadly debut performance in the opening scene to Ep. II as a cold, mostly silent, non-eastern European cyborg without a wheeze.

Darth Storm
i also agree, maul was completely pointless, dooku is a quckly whipped up show off and wimp. Grivious, should have being there the 3 eps.
and i do think there should of being a showing of a holocron opening

Ushgarak
Plnety of threads about this sort of thing in the PT forum. Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.