"If you strike me down...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."

Er, so... how did Obi-Wan become more powerful? He became a freakin' ghost! How is that more powerful?! O.o

...explanations?

~:Mr.Anderson:~
hes like a masochist... "oo ya baby whip me down it'll become more powerful than you can possibly imagine"

Jaeh.is.Awesome
...any helpful explanations?

steverules_2
Because when he died he became one with the force, hence he became a force ghost

Jaeh.is.Awesome
well, yes. I know that.

but how did that make him powerful? because he's now one with the Force, and hence that made him powerful? Why tell Vader that? He can't touch Vader while he's a ghost. It doesn't really make any sense, now that I've thought of it.

steverules_2
Because he can guide luke where ever he is and help Luke...he can't touch Vader but he can still help Luke and train him to stop vader

Jaeh.is.Awesome
so that's what he meant? only that he'll become more powerful by training Luke so he can stop Vader?

...that doesn't make him powerful at all. What if Luke... well, failed?

and I thought Jedi don't care about power. Was he trying to discourage vader from killing him? what was the point of the line?

is he just like, pulling quotes from the air?

General G
He made it so he could live forever, which is what Sith want, to live forever to hold and gain as much power as they can. So he could theoretically train Jedi for the rest of his umm...life?

steverules_2
She won't accept that as an answer...she'll then rip your lungs out and then rip your heart out and eat it

Jaeh.is.Awesome
actually, his answer had the coherence I was looking for stick out tongue he compared it to the sith and all that. and.. yeah. bottom line is I got it.

Thanks. xD

steverules_2
...I hate you ahah

General G
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
actually, his answer had the coherence I was looking for stick out tongue he compared it to the sith and all that. and.. yeah. bottom line is I got it.

Thanks. xD

My pleasure smile

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by steverules_2
...I hate you ahah

hah.

Its just something that was written to sound cool. Sort of like:

"he's worse than dead, his brain is gone" from star trek. He wasn't worse than dead, he got his brain back and lived. In the same way, obi wan wasn't more powerful, he was just dead.

steverules_2
If he hadn't gotten his brain back though....

it still wouldn't have been worse than dead.

steverules_2
I don't think anyone can really say...

Incanus
It means, that he was gonna be more powerful than Vader, as he would be the force itself, which is the most powerful thing to exist in all the universe. The force itself would destroy Vader....... he became the force, but he couldnt use it anymore.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by Incanus
It means, that he was gonna be more powerful than Vader, as he would be the force itself, which is the most powerful thing to exist in all the universe. The force itself would destroy Vader....... he became the force, but he couldnt use it anymore.

so its a different POV of power, then.

Obi-Wan's kind of addicted to that POV sort of thing.

steverules_2
Maybe cause he could pop up anywhere he could like...record vader in the shower and threaten to show everyone his small BBQ'd penis if he doesn't bring balance to the force...thats the jedi way big grin

sweersa
Maybe cause he could pop up anywhere he could like...record vader in the shower and threaten to show everyone his small BBQ'd penis if he doesn't bring balance to the force...thats the jedi way big grin

Hahahahaha!

Maybe cause he could pop up anywhere he could like...record vader in the shower and threaten to show everyone his small BBQ'd penis if he doesn't bring balance to the force...thats the jedi way big grin ROFL

Mr Parker
I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."

Er, so... how did Obi-Wan become more powerful? He became a freakin' ghost! How is that more powerful?! O.o

...explanations?

yeah that was the thing that I always thought was funny about that.he only became a ghost and couldnt do anything to Vader after that. laughing

sweersa
If I was a ghost like that I would at every single place that has then finally at the day care center.

steverules_2
Originally posted by sweersa
If I was a ghost like that I would at every single place that has then finally at the day care center.

With a bump and flex awesome

sweersa
With a bump and flex awesome

Of course. Hahaha.

Incanus
Maybe cause he could pop up anywhere he could like...record vader in the shower and threaten to show everyone his small BBQ'd penis if he doesn't bring balance to the force...thats the jedi way big grin XD

steverules_2
Originally posted by sweersa
Of course. Hahaha.

I know what I'd do as a ghost....but dunno if it's something a ghost would enjoy

Jaeh.is.Awesome
I'd spy on people and sell the information I know.

...hm. but then, I couldn't do anything with the money...

stupid flaw.

steverules_2
No...not like you could do a crazy thing and you know....buy stuff roll eyes (sarcastic)

Jaeh.is.Awesome
>>.

annoying people would be fun as a ghost.

I wonder if the Ghostbusters could do something to Obi-Wan in his ghost form....

steverules_2
I'd think so

Jaeh.is.Awesome
...so basically, Obi-Wan was just.. erm, speaking from his own point of view that he'll become "more powerful", like he'll be one with the force.

that's it. no expression

coolmovies
Plot holes

Jaeh.is.Awesome
kinda noticed.

sure added to the magic, though xD

Rogue Jedi
so that's what he meant? only that he'll become more powerful by training Luke so he can stop Vader?

and I thought Jedi don't care about power. Was he trying to discourage vader from killing him? what was the point of the line?

is he just like, pulling quotes from the air? Obviously he became that much more powerful by gaining the ability to speak to Luke from beyond the grave, thats pretty powerful IMO.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Obviously he became that much more powerful by gaining the ability to speak to Luke from beyond the grave, thats pretty powerful IMO.

well that's it? normal ghosts can do that. *shrug* he just became a ghost! Obi-Wan's having delusions of grandeur. >>.

Yeah, reviving this thread cuz... yeahhh..

queeq
Yeah, why?

Jaeh.is.Awesome
I was bored? I dunno.

ignore it. >>.

I have to think of an (old) plothole for a new thread. >>.

CadoAngelus
well, yes. I know that.

but how did that make him powerful? because he's now one with the Force, and hence that made him powerful? Why tell Vader that? He can't touch Vader while he's a ghost. It doesn't really make any sense, now that I've thought of it.

when they become one with the force, they become one with everything. the force is a life force that is part of everything and everyone - a symbiosis if you will.

in many ways, this kinda means Obi-Wan has been inside Vader...kinky

One Free Man
He did that before he died as well. I think that happened after anakin was lonely and vulnerable from his relationship with padme in episode 2.

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by One Free Man
He did that before he died as well. I think that happened after anakin was lonely and vulnerable from his relationship with padme in episode 2.

you can kind of tell. the scene where he's on tatooine you can sense the sexual tension as anakin's been away from Obi-Wan for so long...he just gets really angsty.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
*facepalm* oh hell..

CadoAngelus
wha'? is there a problem... stick out tongue

REXXXX
The people saying that Obi-Wan is one with the Force, the ultimate power in the Galaxy, pretty much have it spot on. Obi-Wan may not have become a god and destroyed Vader after death, but existing beyond the grave and being one with a powerful energy field is pretty damn impressive for Force-users. You have to remember that it was meant to be a rare trick.

CadoAngelus
Wasn't it something that required years of skill to achieve? Yoda mentioned it at the end of RotS about Qui-Gon "learning" and being able to teach Obi-Wan...

What I don't get is how Anakin became a force ghost when he had no apparent training - as he seemed too young - and then went straight into Sithhood...weird. Not sure if Sith teach about how to achieve force ghost status

roughrider

is he just like, pulling quotes from the air?

I think he probably trained Luke when he was even sleeping. How else to show how Luke got to display such skill within a few years?
They do talk about those audio books that can instruct your unconscious, sleeping mind...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.