Galen Marek vs. Lumiya

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SWblayde938
who would win

Lord Lucien
Galen with the Force. Against Lumiya's whip though, I can see the saber battle leaning in her favour.

Vorpal Ruin
Goin with Lumiya in all out.

ares834
Originally posted by Vorpal Ruin
Goin with Lumiya in all out.
Really? Galen Marek managed to put Vader and Palpatine on their asses... How the heck does Lumiya top that?

Lord Lucien
Yeah, really. Force-wise, Marek's a beast on par with Lumiya's old master. The guy managed to out-do Palaptine to an extent. She's got nothing on his Force prowess.

It's with sabers that she'd have a chance to win, and since I doubt Marek has much experience with a lightwhip, he may be in trouble. Though the guy's still pretty resourceful.

Wolverine2179
Originally posted by ares834
Really? Galen Marek managed to put Vader and Palpatine on their asses... How the heck does Lumiya top that? Galen didn't put sidious on his ass, hell if you have seen the dark side ending sidious easily wtf pwned galen marek with lightning and a starship.

ares834
Originally posted by Wolverine2179
Galen didn't put sidious on his ass
Really?
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/9/90/The_Force_Unleashed_118.jpg

I guess I was underr the false impression that the Dark Side ending wasn't canon...

Lord Lucien
It's not, but Galen didn't actually put Palaptine "on his ass." In the literal sense, yes, Palpatine was on ground. But he possessed the ability to turn around and take out Marek--which he did. Palpatine wasn't beaten in any sense of the word, just momentarily matched by Marek.

ares834
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
It's not, but Galen didn't actually put Palaptine "on his ass." In the literal sense, yes, Palpatine was on ground. But he possessed the ability to turn around and take out Marek--which he did. Palpatine wasn't beaten in any sense of the word, just momentarily matched by Marek.
I disagree. Galen Marek had his saber at the mans throat. All he had to do was swing his blade and the Dark Lord would have been slain. Ultimately it seeems to be the same position Mace put him in, both had Palpatine at their mercy, but ultimately Sidious was far from beaten.

Lord Lucien
I disagree. Galen Marek had his saber at the mans throat. All he had to do was swing his blade and the Dark Lord would have been slain. Ultimately it seeems to be the same position Mace put him in, both had Palpatine at their mercy, but ultimately Sidious was far from beaten. Yes, exactly. Palpatine wasn't "beaten" in the way we think of it. Something of the same argument went on recently in the Mighella vs. Obi-Wan thread. Facing imminent death, while significant in its own way, is not an indication that you've been legitimately defeated in combat and are incapable of defending yourself or continuing the attack (as Palpatine was clearly capable of doing. Though a non-canonical ending, the Emperor clearly had an understanding of Marek's frame of mind; "You have betrayed your master and your allies, I knew you'd betray me as well." He knew that either A.) Marek would turn away as he did, or B.) kill Palpatine and ultimately embrace the Dark Side and succeed Palpatine as his "successor... equal," which is what Bane's Order was all about. Either way, Palpatine won (don't forget Byss), so he may as well let it play out and feign defeat.

Wolverine2179
Really?
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/9/90/The_Force_Unleashed_118.jpg

Ya RLY, read the novel and you will realise palpatine was merely acting and goading galen to kill him.

There is absolutely no indication of palpatine using half of his power against galen marek.

I guess I was underr the false impression that the Dark Side ending wasn't canon... But does that mean that sidious wouldn't have owned him if he tried to attack sidious? The DS ending simply is a "what if" and it DOES show what happens when sidious truly fought back.

And use some common sense, if this is considered putting palpatine on his ass, then how come palpatine barely took any damage from galens most powerful attack?(the one that he causes a huge explosion that killed him and not sidious).

Darth Truculent
Galen Marek by far. Although he would have difficulty with the lightsaber, he'd simply overpower her through the Force. Marek was the most powerful of Vader's "apprentices" - he was the only one who was able to beat him.

Nephthys
...She put Luke ForceGod Skywalker on his ass.

Eminence
In the absence of PIS, Marek hurls Lumiya's ass into orbit.

Vorpal Ruin
Ok Galen will probably win a force contest, but he wont accomplish much against her lightwhip. Luke wasnt even able to beat her without a shoto.(iirc)

Eminence
Vorpal Ruin
Ok Galen will probably win a force contest"Probably"?

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Nephthys
...She put Luke ForceGod Skywalker on his ass.

Only because he was hampered by having to protect the innocent bystanders she was using as human shields.

Originally posted by Vorpal Ruin
...Ok Galen will probably win a force contest, but he wont accomplish much against her lightwhip. Luke wasnt even able to beat her without a shoto.(iirc)

Nope. In their final battle Luke didn't use his shoto and he decapitated Lumiya.

Lumiya's only edge here is that Galen is seemingly unfamiliar with the lightwhip (even that's argueable), but as Lucien pointed out, he's adaptive enough to overcome that.

So yeah, Galen wins the majority.

Incanus
If Galen starts losing he does that Maelstrom thing or that explosion like he did on the Death Star, but only if hes about to die i dont think Lumiya is as strong as Vader or Palpatine, but i havnt read the stuff with her in it, couldnt get my hands on it.

mattatom
Originally posted by Incanus
If Galen starts losing he does that Maelstrom thing or that explosion like he did on the Death Star, but only if hes about to die i dont think Lumiya is as strong as Vader or Palpatine, but i havnt read the stuff with her in it, couldnt get my hands on it.
This may help.

Incanus
No, the Maelstrom power u get in the game. Maybe Force Repulse.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.