DC movies update

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=8521

starlock
DC can try and spin as much as possible...and i am not thrilled with thier blueprint for the future...but they have to get Superman on the right track...the craptastic, ugly, very bad Superman Doomsday cartoon..making more money than any other of its kind from either company.... is one indication that DC needs this icon out front and center

Raoul
Grant Morrison working on a DC movie? Wonder which one that's gonna be lol...

Darth Martin
Hope they get Batman 3 in with Nolan directing. Green Lantern would be fantastic. Wouldn't mind seeing a Wonder Woman film either.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Raoul
Grant Morrison working on a DC movie? Wonder which one that's gonna be lol...

Geoff on Flash and Grant most likely on Superman ?

droolio

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Hope they get Batman 3 in with Nolan directing. Green Lantern would be fantastic. Wouldn't mind seeing a Wonder Woman film either.

I'm not worried at all where Batman 3 is concerned...

why a sequel to Constantine is beyond me

sad sad sad sad

xJLxKing
Constantine was GREAT! If they can keep it up, it will be GREAT!!!

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by starlock
DC can try and spin as much as possible...and i am not thrilled with thier blueprint for the future...but they have to get Superman on the right track...the craptastic, ugly, very bad Superman Doomsday cartoon..making more money than any other of its kind from either company.... is one indication that DC needs this icon out front and center

Are you kidding me?

That cartoon was incredible.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Constantine was GREAT! If they can keep it up, it will be GREAT!!!

with respect i disagree

roughrider
They're taking a page from Marvel, who started consulting their top brain trust from the comics - Joe Quesada, Mark Millar, Brian Bendis, Tom Brevoot & others - from the Iron Man movie onward. It's a good idea, but I wonder how many of these projects are really worth it.
Teen Titans? It's never going to be X-Men, no matter how hard they try.

Raoul
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
with respect i disagree

what about it didn't you like?

Originally posted by roughrider
They're taking a page from Marvel, who started consulting their top brain trust from the comics - Joe Quesada, Mark Millar, Brian Bendis, Tom Brevoot & others - from the Iron Man movie onward. It's a good idea, but I wonder how many of these projects are really worth it.
Teen Titans? It's never going to be X-Men, no matter how hard they try.

i disagree. there are plenty of dc licenses that could be great movies, imo.

also, getting help from bendis? ewww.

starlock
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Are you kidding me?

That cartoon was incredible.

No i am not...DC gave us the short stick...the art was horrible and the story was as weak as wet toilet paper.....they went the cheap and boring way....instead of commiting to a 3 animated movie trilogy--Superman/Doomsday....Reign of Supermen....Return of Superman......we got the worst animated cartoon i have seen in a long time....i dont feel like settling for thier lame version of what happened in the comics....but hey thats me...we all have our opinons wink

Darth Martin
I'm not worried at all where Batman 3 is concerned... I am. Nolan is simply one of those people you can't read or predict. Don't want him to step down that's all.

BruceSkywalker
what about it didn't you like?

I didn't like the story or how the film was directed.. Besides they should have just called the film Helllblazer

Originally posted by Darth Martin
I am. Nolan is simply one of those people you can't read or predict. Don't want him to step down that's all.

true, but there is absolutely no need to rush... Nolan brought back Batman and made people forget that piece of shiite called Batman and Robin.. Let the man take all the time he wants.. he deserves it, besides I believe anyway(it just isn't being reported) that Nolan and Co. and secretly plotting and planning Batman 3

Raoul
I didn't like the story or how the film was directed.. Besides they should have just called the film Helllblazer

true, but there is absolutely no need to rush... Nolan brought back Batman and made people forget that piece of shiite called Batman and Robin.. Let the man take all the time he wants.. he deserves it, besides I believe anyway(it just isn't being reported) that Nolan and Co. and secretly plotting and planning Batman 3

i got my wires crossed. i thought you were talking about Superman Doomsday. My bad.

Kazenji
News on the Lobo movie

http://www.comicvine.com/news/the-lobo-movie-will-be-pg-13/138936/

PG-13 the hell ???

BruceSkywalker
i got my wires crossed. i thought you were talking about Superman Doomsday. My bad.

no worries good buddy...

Originally posted by Kazenji
News on the Lobo movie

PG-13 the hell ???

don't understand that either.. you'd think Lobo would have good viiolence in it

Raoul
Originally posted by Kazenji
News on the Lobo movie

PG-13 the hell ???

are they on crack?

The Nuul
Crapppppp. Joel is just another producer that doesnt know shit about comics.

PRAYERRUN
I'm for Green Lantern and maybe Martian Manhunter as DC movies.

Kazenji
The Flash Movie Getting the Green Light?... Along with Wonder Woman, Aquaman

http://www.comicvine.com/news/a-flash-movie-getting-the-green-light/141265/

Jessica2
Absolutely! I don't necessarily think Marvel has blind followers per se but the company has made efforts to make their characters, at least in terms of appearance, a bit more updated, modern and dare I say "realistic"?

However I do agree with your sentiments about Superman. That look has been in dire need of change for a very very long time.

I once saw a Jim Lee sketch of Superman with PANTS and it was still very similar to his current costume in terms of colors,etc. but Supes had gloves and pants. Simple but effective, it was what I was hoping he'd wear.

With Batman it depends on the artist it seems. If he has the shorts or underwear on the outside-- I HATE that look.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.