Link's Warcraft gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Remembering the thread by Q'Anilia (http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=509579&pagenumber=1), I decided to put those participants of hers up against Link (Since there was a lot of Link and Ganon talk in that thread) and see how he alone would do against each one of them alone.

This will just like then also take place on Naboo. Link gets his standard equipment. He does not have various effects that help him against Hryle(s?) originated opponents specificly, and his sword is not super efficient against them, even if they are defined as evil. The opponents are as followed, in descending order:

1. Malfurion
2. Cenarius
3. Deathwing
4. Archimonde
5. Medivh
6. Malygos

7. All are revived and goes at him all at once

FE Expert
I'd say he'd be defeated at #4 or #6.

C. C. Cowgirl!
You don't think Medivh is a problem? I mean with you skipping 5 and goes with just 4 and 6.

Utrigita
What is Link's Standard equipment?

I recall a bit from the Thread Q made, and I have problem (based on what was told in that thread) seeing Link pass 3 to be honest. 4 would murder him, same with 5 while 6 would outright annihilate him, 7 isn't even funny to think about.

Burning thought
Hows he going to get past malfurion if he apprently used tons of roots to stop Archimonde? or was this someone else.

Either way ive heard how he called storms and can summon forests of tree beats. I think most of them would defeat him especially if the above is true.

C. C. Cowgirl!
I'm not sure what goes into his standard equipment. Magical bow, sword, chain, bombs and shield? stick out tongue

These are the Link's listed by Screampaste:

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Well, aLttP Link gets titan's mits, mirror-shield, master sword, temporary invisiblity and invincibility in the magic cape, silver arrows, ect. Pegasus boots allow him to out-run arrows.

OoT/MM Link is my personal favorite because he has the most quantifiable feats. He has the above, minus the magic cape, which is replaced with Nayru's love, and he can slow time.

TP Links is the most physicly powerful, able to match Ganondorf in a sword lock, which puts him at even stronger than OoT Link, but he has no magic power and is probably weaker overall. His magic armour runs off of money, so harder to recharge than the other Links'.

WW Link is essentially a weaker mini-clone of OoT Link, same general abilities, minus time slow, and with a less impressive strength feat, but he gets magic armour.

Zelda/Zelda II Link has an AoE lolyou'reaballofjello spell.

Burning thought
A few spells as well perhaps

C. C. Cowgirl!
Originally posted by Burning thought
Hows he going to get past malfurion if he apprently used tons of roots to stop Archimonde? or was this someone else.

Either way ive heard how he called storms and can summon forests of tree beats. I think most of them would defeat him especially if the above is true.

Malfurion was the one that restrained Archimonde, yeah yes

Burning thought
So Link does not get past 1., he gets smothered by more roots than he can imagine and dies from lack of oxygen or something while a ton of ancients/ents w/e smash him to bits.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Malfurion was enraged when he did this though. I'm not sure, but I think that in a versus debate, feats by a character while enraged should not be treated as a base feat.

Burning thought
Depends, usually characters use all the powers they can in a VS to win, the fact Malfurion was angry when he did it surely cant give him extra power, simply the will to use it, however if your taking into account character actions then they would prob talk it through and he would get Link to do him some errand for the forces of nature or some such, he looks like the wizarding magical sort that Link would follow the advice of.

Utrigita
Originally posted by C. C. Cowgirl!
I'm not sure what goes into his standard equipment. Magical bow, sword, chain, bombs and shield? stick out tongue

These are the Link's listed by Screampaste:

Thanks that helped me so much no expression

stick out tongue just kidding.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Originally posted by Utrigita
Thanks that helped me so much no expression

stick out tongue just kidding.

It's the best I could do stick out tongue

FE Expert
Originally posted by C. C. Cowgirl!
You don't think Medivh is a problem? I mean with you skipping 5 and goes with just 4 and 6.

I think Medivh won't be as much a problem as Archimonde or Malygos. Although Medivh can hurt Link for quite a bit.

MooCowofJustice
I lack knowledge of any Warcraft. Can anyone tell me what these guys do?

C. C. Cowgirl!
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
I lack knowledge of any Warcraft. Can anyone tell me what these guys do?

I'm no Warcraft adept either, but I can try summarize:

1. Malfurion - Druid, apprentice of Cenarius. His greatest feat I think is him forcing Archimonde to retreat by drowning him in roots.
2. Cenarius - A Demi-God druid, descendant of (Elune and Malorne?). His greatest feat might be regrowing 15000 trees (I think) with a gesture.
3. Deathwing - The Earth warden dragon with adamantium plating has summoned the Endless Hunger, which I imagine is his greatest feat. At least when he's not using the Demon Soul.
4. Archimonde - Archimonde's greatest feat would be either destroying Dalaran, an elven base or killing an adult dragon with a gesture.
5. Medivh - Turning Khadgar old (Maybe?)
6. Malygos - Erasing Existence mmm

MooCowofJustice
Umm...Link might make it past the first guy if the roots are flammable...maybe...I doubt it...

ArtificialGlory
Umm...Link might make it past the first guy if the roots are flammable...maybe...I doubt it...

Yes, they're flammable. The point, however, in that root spell is the sheer amount of roots it produces.

Link is much smaller and arguably more mobile than Archimonde, so he might be able to evade the spell entirely.

Burning thought
Or be smothered by millions of roots completly to a degree that would mean he may as well be buried alive under a mountain.

ArtificialGlory
Or be smothered by millions of roots completly to a degree that would mean he may as well be buried alive under a mountain.

Pretty much.

ScreamPaste
Which Link are we using, and why isn't his sword smiting evil? sad

Burning thought
lol, because it has no shown evidence that it simply smites/defeats evil like you want it to.

ScreamPaste
One; I was asking the OP, not some troll.

Two; It's stated by canon to be an evil destroying blade.

The effect was specificly taken away. I'm curious why, is all. It'd be a great help in the gauntlet.

ArtificialGlory

The effect was specificly taken away. I'm curious why, is all. It'd be a great help in the gauntlet.

The only two people in this thread who are considered evil are Archimonde and Deathwing, but evil in Warcraft isn't as clear cut like it's in LoZ.

ScreamPaste
I'm still curious :P

Does Link get the light arrows? It's the only way I can think of to stop Endless Hunger.

Q'Anilia

Broll is a druid who is born with antlers, an implication that he's destined great powers. Antlered druids are more powerful than common ones.

Now for the druid hierarchy:
Broll is in these two pictures I will post below using a rooting spell, although does not focus it on any particular target. This rooting effect should not be compared to that of Malfurion due to the hierarchy. The list here is weakest to strongest as they are written:

- Broll Bearmantle (Antlers)
- Fandral Staghelm (Antlers)
- Xarantaur (In theory) (Tauren. No antlers)
- Malfurion Stormrage (Antlers)
- Remulos (Antlers)
- Cenarius (Antlers)
- Ysera (Dragon)
- Eonar (Titan)
- Elune (God)

The gap between each is large and the following pictures should have the listed hierarchy in consideration.

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/3504/image015o.jpghttp://img411.imageshack.us/img411/7827/image016e.jpg

The battle that is spoken of is Malfurion versus Archimonde in War of the Ancients ("The Sundering"wink. When Archimonde breaks Malorne and Cenarius starts to fall victim to the Burning Legion during their last stand, Malfurion snaps.

He summons nature in all its might and attacks Archimonde fearlessly. Archimonde at first snaps the roots like straws of grass, mocking the attempt. Soon enough, he is caught by surprise by the neverending flow of roots that stretch from the ground. Archimonde is to the letter smothered by roots and every time he breaks some to free himself, new ones take their place before he has a chance to do anything about his freedom.

Soon enough, he can't even break the sheer number of roots, and he retreats, teleporting away from the battlefield.

Q'Anilia
As for the fight in the thread, assuming all the things I have heard about Link are accurate (Not saying they are, or aren't) he stops dead on Archimonde. With, or without personality included.

Burning thought

Well Moo didnt answer you so your not making any sense.

So? a lot of weapons are made to destroy evil in fiction, that does not help it when its feats are few and against lesser beings than those evils listed here.

Probably because nobody wants you running about saying "link one hitz Archimonde whos powerz cant hurt him coz the sword protects from evils!"

But he stops at 1. As I said and as others have outlined with better clarity, link cannot defeat the root spell.

ScreamPaste
You're mistaking my method for your own, sir.

And who are you to talk about the sword's feats or lack of feats? You've never played the game.

Was I claiming it would one shot Archimonde...? Nope. Can't see it anywhere in this thread.

Also, Moo's no troll. Now scurry back under your bridge while I wait for a real, logical answer from the OP.

Burning thought
Ive seen your "zomg the sword of evilz bane will stop TK and stop evils!" before so thats why I can talk about the sword.

moo's no troll? lol...no wonder you dont understand a logical answer.

Q'Anilia
You're mistaking my method for your own, sir.

And who are you to talk about the sword's feats or lack of feats? You've never played the game.

Was I claiming it would one shot Archimonde...? Nope. Can't see it anywhere in this thread.

Also, Moo's no troll. Now scurry back under your bridge while I wait for a real, logical answer from the OP.

Let's assume the anti-evil effect of his sword does work in this thread. What difference will it make? From where I see it, his hope dies with Archimonde, if not already on Neltharion.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Q'Anilia
Let's assume the anti-evil effect of his sword does work in this thread. What difference will it make? From where I see it, his hope dies with Archimonde, if not already on Neltharion.

Apparently it's the bane of all evil and Archimonde is quite evil...

MooCowofJustice
I only troll you, BT. <3

Burning thought
bah, no limits fallacy nonsense, having the name evils bane means nothing, its just a special sword that seems to defeat characters in the LoZ series, ive seen him trying to debate for its apprent "anti evil" powers in the Kratos/kain vs Link threads and its ridiculous, talking about how it can stop Tk just because someone evil is doing it or just because Ganon never used it, coincidence or PIS and neither are good evidence for these claims.

MooCowofJustice
bah, no limits fallacy nonsense, having the name evils bane means nothing, its just a special sword that seems to defeat characters in the LoZ series, ive seen him trying to debate for its apprent "anti evil" powers in the Kratos/kain vs Link threads and its ridiculous, talking about how it can stop Tk just because someone evil is doing it or just because Ganon never used it, coincidence or PIS and neither are good evidence for these claims.

Ganon being stupid enough to not TK Link when he knows he can is not good evidence for your claim.

Q'Anilia
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Apparently it's the bane of all evil and Archimonde is quite evil...

Sargeras is the bane of the universe. That fact doesn't help him destroy it stick out tongue

Burning thought
Ganon being stupid enough to not TK Link when he knows he can is not good evidence for your claim.

I dont have a claim, my argument is that the fact Ganon did not do it is not evidence for the sword protecting link from it.

Q'Anilia
I dont have a claim, my argument is that the fact Ganon did not do it is not evidence for the sword protecting link from it.

Ganon using it and failing would be. Ganon not using it at all is not.

ScreamPaste
BT's never played OoT, apparently.

Edit: The sword's power, while not an instant one shot, is not negligible. :P

I'm curious why it's not allowed in this thread, is all. This gauntlet, in my honest opinion, was much more suited to Ganon with his wide array of powers, and I believe Endless Hunger was banned.

if Endless hunger is in, Link needs to have the light arrows or the master sword infused with light. Or else he cannot stop it.

SuperLuigi
shouldnt eonar being ranked higher than elune since titans are greater than gods?

Utrigita
Notice Q said "as they are written" Eonar practically haven't been written, Elune has.

Q'Anilia
Originally posted by SuperLuigi
shouldnt eonar being ranked higher than elune since titans are greater than gods?

Elune is greater in the sense that she in fact has been brought out as greater. She is a true God. A Bona Fide actual God. I know that God in any circumstance is just a title, but Elune being a God does not fall into the "title" category but rather the "race" category.

Elune and Eonar is impossible to say who is stronger than the other though. Eonar has some impressive feats, but so does Elune. Elune's greatest feat is her presence without being present. She also created a whole race of druids and she is supposedly the actual core of druidism.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Utrigita
Notice Q said "as they are written" Eonar practically haven't been written, Elune has.

Both are quite vague. Elune even more so than Eonar.

SuperLuigi
ok

Q'Anilia
BT's never played OoT, apparently.

Edit: The sword's power, while not an instant one shot, is not negligible. :P

I'm curious why it's not allowed in this thread, is all. This gauntlet, in my honest opinion, was much more suited to Ganon with his wide array of powers, and I believe Endless Hunger was banned.

if Endless hunger is in, Link needs to have the light arrows or the master sword infused with light. Or else he cannot stop it.

Still, how will it help Link against either one of the two evil in this thread?

ScreamPaste
I'm pretty sure Link could beat Nightwing as long as he had light arrows :P

And it would enable Link to weaken the evil enemies much quicker.

Q'Anilia
I'm pretty sure Link could beat Nightwing as long as he had light arrows :P

And it would enable Link to weaken the evil enemies much quicker.

Shoot him down, you mean?

The sword can't reach Deathwing and he will never get within range of Archimonde.

ScreamPaste
In aLttP, the sword shot lasers. We still don't know which form of Link is being used.

I don't know what powers Archimonde has, tbh. But the sword's evil repulsion would come in handy at some point duirng either fight, I'm sure.

Utrigita
Both are quite vague. Elune even more so than Eonar.

I think we got a better idea on Elune then Eonar seen as how Elune actually was a bit active in the war of the ancient, while we can "only" use Ysera and Alexstrasza showings to vaguely gauge Eonar, but neither way I find both hard to gauge.

Q'Anilia
In aLttP, the sword shot lasers. We still don't know which form of Link is being used.

I don't know what powers Archimonde has, tbh. But the sword's evil repulsion would come in handy at some point duirng either fight, I'm sure.

What damage feats does this laser have?

Shapeshifting is his most commonly used one. Telekinesis would come second. The only two required for him to win.

ScreamPaste
Link could see through disguises with the lens of truth, and if Archimonde is evil, TKing Link won't work due to the sword's plot device-ness. Otherwise Ganon would have thrown the kid out of his castle and drowned him in molten rock many games ago.

There are no combat cutscenes in any zelda game, other than final blows to Ganon, and those are always melee attacks.

The lasers in gameplay essentially act as a long range sword slash.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Which Link are we using, and why isn't his sword smiting evil? sad

I was thinking OoT Link. The reason his sword is not smiting evil is because of the fact that his sword is smiting evil as it is interpreted by the rules of Hryle.

ArtificialGlory
Link could see through disguises with the lens of truth, and if Archimonde is evil, TKing Link won't work due to the sword's plot device-ness. Otherwise Ganon would have thrown the kid out of his castle and drowned him in molten rock many games ago.

There are no combat cutscenes in any zelda game, other than final blows to Ganon, and those are always melee attacks.

Shapeshifting as in increasing his size/mass. Not disguises.

ScreamPaste
Shapeshifting as in increasing his size/mass. Not disguises. ..That could pose a significant problem :P

I heard Archimonde is already ridiculously huge. Gettign bigger woudl be lame. @_@ is there a size limit on this?

@C.C. From what I can tell, Warcraft's universe works very similarly, Archimonde is huge, badass, and evil. no expression It's easy to tell them apart, and I don't see why a sword coming from one universe takes away it's power in a neutral universe that we use for these debates, and not the powers anyone else brings? I WILL USE THE PUPPY FACE!

Q'Anilia

I'm assuming we never actually saw Ganon attempt to TK Link. So you have no proof that TK doesn't work. TK is not an evil power. It's a neutral one. The nature of Archimonde is evil, true, but no matter your morals, every magician in Warcraft can use TK. It's not defined as evil.

If you perhaps in some way can prove that the sword is actually intelligent, this discussion has potentials of going further than this point.
..That could pose a significant problem :P

I heard Archimonde is already ridiculously huge. Gettign bigger woudl be lame. @_@ is there a size limit on this?

Sargeras according to Christie Golden blessed Archimonde with infinite powers, limited only by his own mind. Due to his arrogance and confidence, we have never seen or read him grow larger than necessary.

When he battled Malorne, it was specified that he increased his own size only to the same height of Malorne so that they fought on equal ground.
When later he climbed the World Tree, he increased his size to the level where he could get a proper grip of the tree.

ScreamPaste
We've seen Ganon attempt to do things to Link that fail, and we've seen Zant TK Link when Link does not have the sword, and then curse him, then have that same sword break said curse and Link never get TK'd again. Coupled with the fact it's canon stated to repel evil, I think we have a case.

Hm.. Link's fought huge stuff, but not that huge.. How durable, exactly, is Archimonde?

Edit: The sword is also said to choose it's wielder, hinting at sentience, and if you're willing to wait for the next Wii Zelda title, the sword may even be a character, according to hype.

Q'Anilia
We've seen Ganon attempt to do things to Link that fail, and we've seen Zant TK Link when Link does not have the sword, and then curse him, then have that same sword break said curse and Link never get TK'd again. Coupled with the fact it's canon stated to repel evil, I think we have a case.

Hm.. Link's fought huge stuff, but not that huge.. How durable, exactly, is Archimonde?

Edit: The sword is also said to choose it's wielder, hinting at sentience, and if you're willing to wait for the next Wii Zelda title, the sword may even be a character, according to hype.

When Malorne engaged Archimonde in combat, his tackle was of such force that it rumbled an entire landscape, sending entire armies of demons and elves of their feet. It barely punctured Archimonde's skin. That's all we have on Archimonde.

ScreamPaste
Another reason I'd like for it to have evil smiting purposes. Ganon survived a castle busting attack which shook hyrule without damage in TP, yet the sword could still harm him. Without evil smiting attacks I don't see Link being able to hurt Archimonde very much without it turning into "death by a thousand cuts". Sort of like a big cat killing an elephant.

C.C, pleeeaaaase sad http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/ShinTwist_ScreamPaste/animals-001.jpg

Q'Anilia
C.C, pleeeaaaase http://images.art.com/images/products/large/10123000/10123744.jpg
DS for Deathwing!

C. C. Cowgirl!
In my opinion, that sword makes no sense at all, but very well. It's pretty agreed then that he can't manage Archimonde without and would stop there without it's evil smiting properties.

DS on the other hand is beyond prohibited.

ScreamPaste
Blast, yours is much cuter. I feel I may be doomed....

What does the DS do, exactly? Would it stop Link from shooting him down with light arrows? D:

<3 C.C. big grin

Q'Anilia
Blast, yours is much cuter. I feel I may be doomed....

What does the DS do, exactly? Would it stop Link from shooting him down with light arrows? D:

<3 C.C. big grin

In a time not much distant from when Malorne fought Archimonde. Against an army not much different from the one Malorne sent to the ground. With an artifact not much different in size from our common magical amulets,
Deathwing killed thousands. With a single flare from the Demon Soul. He also according to narrator sent Malygos through sheer force in push flying across the world to the other side of the planet.

Oh yeah, and DS is good by definition. Not evil stick out tongue

ScreamPaste
LAAAAAAAMME

Q'Anilia
Yeah, it's the Dragon Soul. It is nothing less than that. It contains a portion of Malygos, Ysera, Alexstrasza and Soridormi's powers.

Burning thought
Link could see through disguises with the lens of truth, and if Archimonde is evil, TKing Link won't work due to the sword's plot device-ness. .

What did i say? roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

ScreamPaste
Nothing relevant, because you've never played a Zelda game.

Burning thought
Nothing to do with playing a Zelda game, ime not sure a lot of the other people in this thread have played it to any great deal nor to the extreme of fetish such as you. its to do with not only logic but debating rules, which you fail at, but I was just pointing out my perception and that I was correct in knowing what you were going to say, and Q'Anilia countered it just like i did in the Kain/kratos threads.

Also whats Links answer to Malfurion so far?

ScreamPaste
Link walks up to Malfurion, and they discuss how fail it is you've never played a Zelda game, and yet constantly try to debate Link.

Q'Anilia
In all seriousness, personality included, there won't really even be a fight between Link and respective Malfurion, Cenarius or Medivh. Medivh least of all.

ScreamPaste
Agreed, friendly competition at best. no expression

Especially seeing as Link seems based largely in Celtic culture, and Druids come from just that.

Burning thought
So personality is included? they dont have to fight? surely Link has to defeat Malfurion to get onto the next part of the gauntlet unless having a good chat and gaining Malfurion as an ally counts as a defeat for malfurion.

If its an actual fight, he does not progress however.

Q'Anilia
Depending on who is in control, Medivh would either not deem Link worthy his time and just teleport away, or simply not fight him and dodge everything Link does until he stop fighting, and talk some sense into him.

I love Medivh stick out tongue

ScreamPaste
I can't honestly see Link attacking Medivh though :P

Phantom Miria
So the conclusion is that he stop on Archimonde?

Burning thought
If he is allowed to walk past the others without a fight. The first character who he meets who would not let him pass without one he will die.

Phantom Miria
It's personality set aside, of course. Most of these wouldn't fight him, I imagine.

ScreamPaste
I'm thinking he stops at Archimonde unless he can take him down with light arrows. The sword would be helpful but gettign very close to Archimonde doesn't sound like a great idea unless Archimonde is so proud he shrinks to Link's size, in which case I could easily see Link winning, but otherwise I'm thinking Arch will take it more often than not.

What does Arch have to help him dispose of Link, though? I still want to explore this debate. Besides, knowing my warcraft characters could come in handy on this forum.

Phantom Miria
What's there to say. His telekinesis is sick, he has wrestled with Malorne and you don't want to stand where he is pointing. He fled in fear from Malfurion.

ScreamPaste
TK isn't an issue.

How does finger of death work, exactly?

Phantom Miria
According to tooltip, it turns the target inside out.

ScreamPaste
..That sounds awesome. How can it be defended against? o:

Phantom Miria
It never has been. In WoW as well as Warcraft 3, it does its thing and is done with it stick out tongue I don't think it's been used in anything literal beyond RPG.

ScreamPaste
O.o so why doesn't he just spam finger of death in the lore?

Phantom Miria
O.o so why doesn't he just spam finger of death in the lore?

Arrogance I think.

Burning thought
in-game it has a cooldown time and consists of a red beam which may perhaps be dodged.

Q'Anilia

Phantom Miria
I don't think anyone consider Archimonde pathetic no expression So I doubt how I make him sound will make any difference stick out tongue

ArtificialGlory
I don't buy this unlimited power thing. Sargeras doesn't have unlimited power, so why would he be able to grant it to his lieutenants?

Q'Anilia
I don't buy this unlimited power thing. Sargeras doesn't have unlimited power, so why would he be able to grant it to his lieutenants?

You would be surprised what can be pulled through in the Warcraft universe. Kil'Jaeden granted Ner'Zhul some bonus powers, and that power turned wild and would soon come to rival that of the lieutenants.

When Sargeras blessed Archimonde and Kil'Jaeden, he granted them infinite power. What they would come to do with this would be up to them, as it is stated that the power given was limited by their own mind. Archimonde was arrogant and impatient, which restricted his powers. Kil'Jaeden whos mind wandered a different path, had powers that did the same.

The fact that Kil'Jaeden aim for omnipotence is not a goal he will reach, because his mind is limited. In order for his powers to be unlimited, his mind has to be.

ArtificialGlory
You would be surprised what can be pulled through in the Warcraft universe. Kil'Jaeden granted Ner'Zhul some bonus powers, and that power turned wild and would soon come to rival that of the lieutenants.

When Sargeras blessed Archimonde and Kil'Jaeden, he granted them infinite power. What they would come to do with this would be up to them, as it is stated that the power given was limited by their own mind. Archimonde was arrogant and impatient, which restricted his powers. Kil'Jaeden whos mind wandered a different path, had powers that did the same.

The fact that Kil'Jaeden aim for omnipotence is not a goal he will reach, because his mind is limited. In order for his powers to be unlimited, his mind has to be.

Well, nobody has an unlimited mind, so what's the point? Fact of the matter is, using the phrase "unlimited power" is highly erroneous. Neither Archimonde, nor Kil'jaeden have unlimited powers, not even remotely close.

Q'Anilia
Well, nobody has an unlimited mind, so what's the point? Fact of the matter is, using the phrase "unlimited power" is highly erroneous. Neither Archimonde, nor Kil'jaeden have unlimited powers, not even remotely close.

They have unlimited power. They also have a limited mind.
Concequence: They can't use their powers to its full potentials.

ArtificialGlory
They have unlimited power. They also have a limited mind.
Concequence: They can't use their powers to its full potentials.

When you put it that way, then yes. Still, saying 'unlimited powers' can be highly misleading.

Q'Anilia
When you put it that way, then yes. Still, saying 'unlimited powers' can be highly misleading.

Not if it's true. Fear of being misleading should not be an author restriction. Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde's powers are unlimited. Shouldn't be stated to be anything else stick out tongue

menokokoro
man all this talk about kil'jaeden makes me want to run the sunwell. i still have not done it

Burning thought
I am curious, what with all this WoTlk going on now, is there any reason to go back to the Sunwell? are there good drops still worth a lot to lvl 80 or would you be better off in a lvl 80 instance?

ArtificialGlory
I am curious, what with all this WoTlk going on now, is there any reason to go back to the Sunwell? are there good drops still worth a lot to lvl 80 or would you be better off in a lvl 80 instance?

You'd definitely would be better off in a lvl80 instance. Not only the drops from the Sunwell are mostly sub-par(mainly because of how ratings work), but you also need more prep. and coordination in the Sunwell.

Burning thought
hm you know ive not played WoW for coming on a year now but some how I have suddenly got the urge to play it, and what with pre-paid game cards I coudl give it a go for a month or so....

Anyway yes, your prob right, having played heroics at lvl 80 their not so bad and the loot is prob better.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.