OoT Link vs Fierce Diety Link

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ScreamPaste
This is annoying me. So I made a thread.

Round one: OoT Link with the full end game power and item set. Feirce Diety Link gets his Mask powers, as in MM he could not use items, he gets none.

Round 2: End game OoT Link with just the master sword, no shield, vs FD Link with his helix sword.

Round 3: Fist fight!

These all take place inside the Terminian moon, the loser will be idolised forever as the hero of Termina.

SuperLuigi
fierce diety link stomps. his sword is stronger than the master sword and he can shoot blade beams at oot link. oot link is out matched and out classed. except in the items department

ScreamPaste
laughing How so? Give me one feat?

Scenario 1. Link punches FD Link, and FD Link dies.

Scenario 2. Link punches FD Link, and FD Link dies.

Scenario 3. Link FALCON PWNCH's FD Link, and FD Link dies.

SuperLuigi
when did falcon teach oot link the falcon punch? if thats the case then 2-1 split for fierce diety link. FD Link is the most powerful being in MM.

ScreamPaste
And nothing in MM is as powerful as Ganondorf, who OoT Link beat. erm

You've provided no feats or evidence. FD Link has no chance. Even worse for his case is that he's hinted at to be evil.

XanatosForever
Reported for spite. You should know better, Scream.

ScreamPaste
<_< I got sick of people over-hyping a featless mask that doesn't appear in any cut-scenes other than when you recieve it. While very kool, the mask is not as powerful as a peice of the triforce.

ScreamPaste
A one on one, sword only show down between the two would look /very/ cool it Link decided to draw it out.

SuperLuigi
FD Link isnt evil just more aggressive. Majora thought the mask could turn link but it didnt. FD Link is 8ft of power.
1. oot links best and only chance to get a win because of the ocarina
2. no way oot link could beat him in a sword fight. maybe TP link because of his skills and power.

3. without the gauntlets FD Link whips oot Link's ass unless oot does have Falcon punch.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by SuperLuigi
FD Link isnt evil just more aggressive. Majora thought the mask could turn link but it didnt. FD Link is 8ft of power.
1. oot links best and only chance to get a win because of the ocarina
2. no way oot link could beat him in a sword fight. maybe TP link because of his skills and power.

3. without the gauntlets FD Link whips oot Link's ass unless oot does have Falcon punch.

Find. Me. A. Feat. OMG HE'S BIG!

You have a /theory/ which was used in a /wiki/ article.

Link wins easily.

Phanteros
Link only beat ganon with plot. which he does not have in this battle.

ScreamPaste
So you're claiming FD Link wins with no evidence?

No one can find me any actual feats for the mask.

SuperLuigi
yes link wins FD link. just do the pixel math link so many others do. im lazy the game play shows FD Links power so embrace it. oot link cant physically compare to FD.

and this isnt a spite thread.

Phanteros
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
So you're claiming FD Link wins with no evidence?

No one can find me any actual feats for the mask. Power scaling he's stronger than Majora.

ScreamPaste
When does FD Link ever use physical strength? The only time it ever is used is in optional gameplay, after you've already beaten Majora... And all you do is spam energy discs until a boss dies. No strength feats, no agility feats. OoT Link, by comparison, throws thousand ton pillars with relative ease. See the problem?

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Phanteros
Power scaling he's stronger than Majora.

Young MM Link without his peice of the triforce beat Majora. |: Adult OoT Link with the triforce of courage... Slightly more powerful? :P

OoT Link wins in a stomp.

SuperLuigi
in round one he can throw pillars... your rules. and that is the only round oot link has a chance

Phanteros
Young MM Link without his peice of the triforce beat Majora. |: Adult OoT Link with the triforce of courage... Slightly more powerful? :P

OoT Link wins in a stomp. lets see no FD is stronger than them

ScreamPaste
How so? Find me a feat? The mask never appears in any canon fight. We have no way to scale it because it's never beaten anything.

SuperLuigi
the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence

ScreamPaste
So you're claiming "FD Link MIGHT be stronger! D:"

SuperLuigi
the gauntlets make oot link strong.

ScreamPaste
Without them OoT Link was still pushing massive stone blocks in the forest temple.

SuperLuigi
that still wont be enough to overcome FD link in the last 2 rounds

ScreamPaste
Yes it will, easily. FD Link has /no feats/.

Sin_Volvagia
Since the Master Sword is the Bane of Evil, Link wins the first two fights. Oni Link will kill him in the third.

ScreamPaste
How so?

Sin_Volvagia
How so?

I'm assuming that OoT Link doesn't have the Golden Gauntlets.

ScreamPaste
Even without them OoT Link is still as strong or stronger.

Sin_Volvagia
Even without them OoT Link is still as strong or stronger.

Oni Link is pretty much an upgraded Link. Whatever Link's strength is what Oni Link has and more.

ScreamPaste
Wrong.

FD Link does not have the triforce of courage. FD Link is an upgrade to /Young Link without his piece of the triforce./, not OoT Link.

Sin_Volvagia
Wrong.

FD Link does not have the triforce of courage. FD Link is an upgrade to /Young Link without his piece of the triforce./, not OoT Link.

That makes sense although Young Link is the same OoT Link.

ScreamPaste
He's the same, but after he left Hyrule he no longer had the Triforce of Courage.

It seems to me, Triforce>Mask.

ScreamPaste
http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/ShinTwist_ScreamPaste/block.jpg

This is a screenshot from my legal copy of OoT 1.0 on PJ64.

OoT Link is relatively tal compared to most NPC's, so he's probably a bit over six feet tall, but we have no direct statement by developers. For purposes of this estimate, I'm going to assume he's six feet tall.

I had to measure the top of the block because it's sitting in a hole you have to push it into so that you can climb on top of it.

413/171 = 2.4152046...ect for many digits. x6 for side length in feet.

14.4912280701... ect. ^3 for volume in cubic feet. 3043.095....ect cubic feet. The blocks are obviously made of a very solid form of stone, but for purposes of being conservative, and low-balling this number, we're going to use 100 lbs per cubic foot.

304309 lbs total. /2000 for weight in tons. 152 tons.

Now, Link doesn't lift these over his head, but he does push them along the ground. To say he's class 100 is not a huge stretch of the imagination. This is with no strength enhancing items at all. no expression

http://chestofbooks.com/crafts/scientific-american/Scientific-American-Reference-Book/Stones-Specific-Gravity-Weight-And-Volume.html See this link for how unrealisticly light 100 lbs per cubic foot is, btw. It /has/ to be much heavier.

Mandrag Ganon
He's the same, but after he left Hyrule he no longer had the Triforce of Courage.

It seems to me, Triforce>Mask.

Yes, but nothing has ever conclusively proven that the Triforce of Courage gives enhancement to any particular abilities. It could just be that the triforce pieces only enhance that which they are. I.E. Triforce of Power enhances power, Triforce of Courage enhances Courage, and the Triforce of wisdom enhances wisdom. The mask has been shown to drastically increase Link's power. Not only that, but the mask gives Link abilities that he didn't have in OOT, I.E. blue beams from his sword. Not to mention that he has clearly stronger attack power, relating how easily Fierce Deity Link can defeat the regular bosses of MM in relation to how much it takes Link to defeat the bosses in OOT.

The only things that are stated about the abilities of the individual triforce pieces are when Ganondorf talks about underestimateing the triforce of courage. When the Triforce of Power gives Ganondorf the power to resist his own execution, and when all three pieces are together forming the full triforce it has the ability to grant the heart's greatest desire.

ScreamPaste
For one, OoT's bosses are much more powerful. Volvagia's stated to be able to lay waste to all of Hyrule.

For two, his attack power is identical programming wise to OoT Link with the biggoron sword. They even use the exact same animations. Those beams while handy in a boss battle, are pretty much featless.

And I refuse to embrace a concept that "the power of the triforce of courage", which Ganon mentions in OoT, is less than that of a mask.

CosmicComet
Hmm? And what exactly is that supposed to show us? That fire can burn things?

Is that supposed to be impressive? I have no doubt that he could 'lay waste to Hyrule', but that is vague as hell. In what fashion?

In one blast of flame would he be able to char the entire landscape?

Or would this waste laying be a more 'gradual' destruction, just setting things a blaze as they comes into range?

If the former, impressive. If the latter, not at all. You'd expect a fire breathing dragon to be able to do that.

ScreamPaste
It is a bit vague, it's a quote from Darunia when you're in the fire temple. It doesn't say how Volvagia would do it, but I'd like to add in, Volvagia kind of swims through liquid lava like it's water, none of the MM bosses can claim that. =P And strong enough despite it's size to cave in sections of the solid stone ceiling in the boss room, factor in that it can apparently eat Gorons and Volvagia's pretty awesome, and he's just the second adult boss in OoT.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.