H/P Doomsday vs Superboy Prime (Guardian Amped)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

D_Dude1210
Does DD take out SBP with the ff. stips:

Fight in a 50 feet wide, 50 feet long, 20 feet high indestructible cage.

DD (if killed) can only resurrect up to 5 times before he meets final death.

No BFR (duh)

xJLxKing
DD. Without BFR, Superboy "might" kill DD once and that's it.

shokosugi
Superboy Prime kills DD

Nihilist
How does SBP kil DD by just puching or HV'n him yet , and gruop of 6 who can do they same and more dont get given a chance.

Galan007
due to the GA, prime would probably get in a kill... maybe even two. after that, his chances of success are doubtful.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Galan007
due to the GA, prime would probably get in a kill... maybe even two. after that, his chances of success are doubtful. How can he kill him if he is already immune to being physicaly/blunt force beaten to death and immune to energy blasted to death.

Galan007
Originally posted by Nihilist
How can he kill him if he is already immune to being physicaly/blunt force beaten to death and immune to energy blasted to death. presumably, by having physical capabilities and energy output greater then what DD's faced before.

remember, GA prime was =/> monarch - monarch being more powerful than the combined efforts of every single captain atom in the multiverse + numerous GL's + several supermen.

that said, GA prime would likely be a greater single threat than DD has ever faced before. that's why, imo, he could get at least 1-2 kills before DD could hang.

Nihilist
presumably, by having physical capabilities and energy output greater then what DD's faced before.

remember, GA prime was =/> monarch - monarch being more powerful than the combined efforts of every single captain atom in the multiverse + numerous GL's + several supermen.

that said, GA prime would likely be a greater single threat than DD has ever faced before. that's why, imo, he could get at least 1-2 kills before DD could hang. Physicaly greater Thanos,WW Hulk and Juggernaut pounding on him together.As well as a greater enrgy output than Silver Surfer, Thor, Blackbolt, and Thanos put together.?

Galan007
Physicaly greater Thanos,WW Hulk and Juggernaut pounding on him together. i'd say so.

physically, prime can shred worlds, with ease.

Nihilist
i'd say so.

physically, prime can shred worlds, with ease. Dont you think given the power to fly at speeds these guys would be able to do it.

KuRuPT Thanosi
and still shown weakness to things that SS, Thor or Thanos could exploit...

Galan007
Dont you think given the power to fly at speeds these guys would be able to do it. who knows?

Knowsbleed33
Doomsday.

zeel
due to the GA, prime would probably get in a kill... maybe even two. after that, his chances of success are doubtful.

sounds bout right.

Enyalus
Doomsday wins. Like Galan said, Prime might get in two kills, then he's toast.

Konton
DD

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
and still shown weakness to things that SS, Thor or Thanos could exploit...

You're flat-out delusional if you think any of those 3 could stop Superman-Prime. no expression

Naija boy
Prime

TricksterPriest
Prime may get one or two kills. But he's not beating H/P after that. Even Darkseid was hard-pressed just to get one.

But as everyone knows, Prime>>>Darkseid.

quanchi112
DD wins.

Slaanesh
Prime everytime..5 times is not enough for DD to reach Prime level of strength..

Enyalus
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
But as everyone knows, Prime>>>Darkseid.
eek! Trick, is that you!?

TricksterPriest
Yes, it's me. smile

Enyalus
Ah ha.

TricksterPriest
To reiterate, this is me.

Galan007
Prime may get one or two kills. But he's not beating H/P after that. Even Darkseid was hard-pressed just to get one. darkseid 'killing' DD with his omega beams in the instance i'm sure you're referencing is.... sketchy, at best.

KuRuPT Thanosi
darkseid 'killing' DD with his omega beams in the instance i'm sure you're referencing is.... sketchy, at best.

QFT.

I agree that DD eventually stops prime.. two kills but then gets beat eventually after a good fight.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Enyalus
eek! Trick, is that you!? Trick would never willingly say that.

TricksterPriest
darkseid 'killing' DD with his omega beams in the instance i'm sure you're referencing is.... sketchy, at best.

He at least stunned or KOed him. And that Countdown Bio does give me at least some kind of opinion from DC editorial on what happened. srug

quanchi112
He at least stunned or KOed him. And that Countdown Bio does give me at least some kind of opinion from DC editorial on what happened. srug He just buried him beneath rubble imo.

Galan007
Originally posted by quanchi112
He just buried him beneath rubble imo. i agree.

iirc, darkseid blasted DD once with the omega beams, burrying him under some rubble; had a few-sentence-long monoluge; then blasted DD/the area a second time, melting the rubble on top of him. by the time darkseid turned away and muttered something else, DD had already 'broken free' and proceeded to easily pwn him.

from what we saw, DD simply was simply burried.

leonidas
i agree.

iirc, darkseid blasted DD once with the omega beams, burrying him under some rubble; had a few-sentence-long monoluge; then blasted DD/the area a second time, melting the rubble on top of him. by the time darkseid turned away and muttered something else, DD had already 'broken free' and proceeded to easily pwn him.

from what we saw, DD simply was simply burried.

yes

KuRuPT Thanosi
Even though some of us have been saying that for years I guess it takes good ol' Galan saying it for Trick to kinda agree lol

Galan007
Even though some of us have been saying that for years I guess it takes good ol' Galan saying it for Trick to kinda agree lol you can tell i had to type that post fast, though. embarrasment

TricksterPriest
The rubble had time to cool after being superheated. That indicates some time had passed. You really think Doomsday would sit still and let Darkseid monologue or the rocks cool if he wasn't at least stunned, KOed, or killed? Give me a ****ing break.

The Countdown Bio means somebody thinks there was something more. And Darkseid still did more damage to Doomsday in that story than anyone else.

carver9
The rubble had time to cool after being superheated. That indicates some time had passed. You really think Doomsday would sit still and let Darkseid monologue or the rocks cool if he wasn't at least stunned, KOed, or killed? Give me a ****ing break.

The Countdown Bio means somebody thinks there was something more. And Darkseid still did more damage to Doomsday in that story than anyone else.

I barely agree with trickster on a lot of things but this is a true statement.

kevdude
I agree, maybe Darkseid knew he needed to be a bit closer for it to work which was what he was about to do, although he never got the chance as he got knee boned in the face...

Galan007
The rubble had time to cool after being superheated. we saw, panel for panel, what happened - and the time it took for darkseid to utter a few sentences in between, and after, both shots of the OB is all that was required for DD to 'dig out' and subsequently own him.

nothing more, nothing less.

You really think Doomsday would sit still and let Darkseid monologue or the rocks cool if he wasn't at least stunned, KOed, or killed? Give me a ****ing break. i'll give you that DD may have been stunned for a few seconds. anything else is speculation.

And Darkseid still did more damage to Doomsday in that story than anyone else. 'damage' which amounted to nothing, really.

TricksterPriest
The rocks COOLED. You have an indication of time passing. Re-read it. See if I'm right.

With the time being indicated, you have DD sitting still for abit. Something we both agree he would not do normally.

Amounted to nothing? Jesus christ, re-read the issue and connect the dots. It's obvious Darkseid got him to stay down for abit. And he still did better than Supes, Waverider, Radiant and everyone else.

psycho gundam
assuming dd can evolve past a beating, that would leave prime with heat vision. after he is immune to that, what else can a kryptonian do?

iceman24567
Sing?

Galan007
The rocks COOLED. You have an indication of time passing. Re-read it. See if I'm right. as stated before, there was no indication of any more time passing, other than what was shown only darkseid's few-sentence-monologue.] it's not like the story faded to a completely separate happening/event for a few pages, then panned back to darkseid. we saw what happened, from the initial attack darkseid waged on DD, to DD's utter ownage of him. page for page.

suggesting more time passed than what was illustrated, is.... meh.

Amounted to nothing? Jesus christ, re-read the issue and connect the dots. It's obvious Darkseid got him to stay down for abit. And he still did better than Supes, Waverider, Radiant and everyone else. damage-wise, darkseid's attack did not amount to anything.

leonidas
Originally posted by psycho gundam
assuming dd can evolve past a beating, that would leave prime with heat vision. after he is immune to that, what else can a kryptonian do?

freeze breath? t-vo?? super-sneeze??? (sbp is at pre-c levels, after all . . .) shifty

i still see dd winning this one, personally.

Parmaniac
is DD evolving in strength after being killed? If not I'm not so sure if he really could do some REAL damage to prime who took a detonating Monarch and (I'm sure he has) survived (<- till know I have no prove for this, but if I remember right I read an interview with the Writers of Blackest Night who said something like they would use him after the final crisis) otherwise even if the fight should end up in favour for DD because SBP would need Solar Radiation sooner or later so times on DD side.

DD FTW

leonidas
wrong thread--thought this was prime no-amp v dd. not sure who'd win this fight. how much did the amp help him?

Enyalus
Couple of things: DS only fires his OB once. Not twice. I mean, that'd be the reasonable interpretation. After DD slams into the rock and is buried, Darkseid's eyes are still glowing and he says "Die, creature." But it doesn't really show him firing it again.

Second thing is, it didn't really show anything 'cooling', either. It shows what could be steam...or, hey, what could be dust. Which makes sense considering the tons of rock that had just been crushed.

Furthermore, Darkseid's own words make it seem like DS knew he didn't kill him. He talks about letting everyone knowing that he died at the feet of Darkseid....then DD bursts out of the rubble and he goes, "Impossible!" He later goes onto add, during the melee brawl, that no one has survived the OB from point blank before. However, he doesn't get a chance to use 'em. Well, why would he phrase it that way? "No one has survived the Omega Beams from point blank range" would indicate that DD had survived them from the greater distance that Darkseid had previously fired them at.

And that Countdown piece is blown way out of proportion. Seriously. It lists major arcs that the character has appeared in! Nothing else! It doesn't list how many times he's died. In fact, it lists Superman - Doomsday:Hunter/Prey #1-3. So what, did he get killed in issues 1, 2, and 3? No! It's the stories he's appeared in, nothing more.

Get over it, people. You know who you are.

kevdude
Darkseid fired the beams 2x, once at DD far away then again to melt the rock and cooled it so nobody could get to DDs body. Afterwards Darkseid walks away thinking its over then DD busts free and attacks DS, we then see DS eyes begin to light up again as DD knocks his face away. That is the way it happened, whether you like it or not. wink About Countdown here is the scan for all to see, it says "Superman would return from Death.. As DD would again again and again" clearing showing the times hes died and returned.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/doomsdaybio1.jpg

Enyalus
Originally posted by kevdude
Darkseid fired the beams 2x,
Prove it.

About Countdown here is the scan for all to see, it says "Superman would return from Death.. As DD would again again and again" clearing showing the times hes died and returned.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/doomsdaybio1.jpg
All that shows is that he was killed during the H/P storyline and the Imperiex storyline, if you want to read that literally. Which he was. Both times via entropy. Meh, then again in IC to the two Supermen.

vlaaad12345
If its trying to talk about entropy killing him then why is it showing darkseid instead of entropy?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Grasping at straws people. The evidence during the arc supports the idea that he wasn't killed by DS. Period. He might have been stunned or something like that but killed don't think so. He came back almost instantly from underneath the rumble to wtf pwn DS. There was no reference in that fight or after to suggest DS killed doomsday none.

kevdude

Prove it.

All that shows is that he was killed during the H/P storyline and the Imperiex storyline, if you want to read that literally. Which he was. Both times via entropy. Meh, then again in IC to the two Supermen.

Alright here stick out tongue

DS firing far away.
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/DoomsdayHunterPrey1pg33.jpg
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/DoomsdayHunterPrey1pg34.jpg

Here is 2nd where Darkseid slams Doomsday into the concrete building
still with the first Omega Beam attack, then he walks in front of the destroyed structure on top of Doomsday and his eyes light up again (note: while DS was walking there he was not using them) with the Omega Beams and melt the rock so it covers DD body.
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/DoomsdayHunterPrey1pg35.jpg

3rd time he was going to use them up close but never got the chance.
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/DoomsdayHunterPrey1pg38.jpg

The Countdown issue shows him with Darkseid, Imperiex and in IC and all 3 times he died from those beings, although now thinking about it you could be right about DD dying to entropy in H/P but why show DS in that pic when it was Waverider and Superman that sent him to the end of time?? Does not make sense..

Enyalus
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
If its trying to talk about entropy killing him then why is it showing darkseid instead of entropy?
Um, if it's talking about Darkseid killing him, why is it showing Darkseid getting punched in the face?

It's showing the H/P arc as a whole. Why would someone draw DD falling into entropy over DD punching DS's lights out?

Enyalus
Here is 2nd where Darkseid slams Doomsday into the concrete building
still with the first Omega Beam attack, then he walks in front of the destroyed structure on top of Doomsday and his eyes light up again (note: while DS was walking there he was not using them) with the Omega Beams and melt the rock so it covers DD body.
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/DoomsdayHunterPrey1pg35.jpg
This was the scan that one of my posts above addressed. Darkseid really isn't shown firing it. His eyes light up. And then it looks like energy surrounding him.

Why would DS try to seal him under a little bit of rock if he thought he killed him?

I guess your interpretation could be right. I dunno.

quanchi112
Grasping at straws people. The evidence during the arc supports the idea that he wasn't killed by DS. Period. He might have been stunned or something like that but killed don't think so. He came back almost instantly from underneath the rumble to wtf pwn DS. There was no reference in that fight or after to suggest DS killed doomsday none. Exactly and add that to the fact DD has never rezzed himself that fast before that or since.

quanchi112
as stated before, there was no indication of any more time passing, other than what was shown only darkseid's few-sentence-monologue.] it's not like the story faded to a completely separate happening/event for a few pages, then panned back to darkseid. we saw what happened, from the initial attack darkseid waged on DD, to DD's utter ownage of him. page for page.

suggesting more time passed than what was illustrated, is.... meh.

damage-wise, darkseid's attack did not amount to anything. thumb up

Galan007
This was the scan that one of my posts above addressed. Darkseid really isn't shown firing it. His eyes light up. And then it looks like energy surrounding him.

Why would DS try to seal him under a little bit of rock if he thought he killed him?

I guess your interpretation could be right. I dunno. to me, it looks like darkseid initially nailed DD with the beams, knocking him into the structure/burrying him. he then appears to stop blasting entirely so he can finish his 3 sentence monologue. then his eyes light up again, just before he blasts DD a second time.

kevdude

I guess your interpretation could be right. I dunno.

He did that as a warning to anyone else who would dare mess with Apokolips. He thought DD was dead DS saying "let your lifeless body rest", so he turned away and that gave DD the chance he needed to attack, Darkseid even dodges Doomsdays right hand then concentrates on hitting DD again up close with his Omega Beams and DD saw it and stopped it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.