The Protoss Federation invades FF7 Gaia

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FE Expert
The Protoss Federation sends its army to destroy the Mako reactors of Gaia. Because, somehow, their flying listening posts have intercepted messages pertaining to the effects mako energy have on the planet.

200,000 Zealots
60,000 Dragoons
20,000 High Templars
20,000 Dark Templars
250 Reavers
250 Scouts
With Praetor Artanis as commander.

The Protoss Federation army would start in Wutai.

For the purposes of this thread, Cloud and his friends ally with the Protoss Federation, with whatever equipment they have. And it is set after the Sister Ray is destroyed. Would they succeed before the Meteor impacts the planet?

The only canonical clue as to how strong Starcraft armies can be is the number of casualties the UED army inflicted on the Zerg forces, as hinted to in the cutscene in the end of the Brood War Terran campaign. It amounted to tenths of millions (if not hundreds of millions; of course, not all Zerg actually fight but still...)

Q'Anilia
I don't get it.

Burning thought
ime going to assume all threads seen in FF7 are arrayed against the protoss. Who have Cloud and team as allies, whats silly is that cloud and team have canonically overcome a lot of these things without the huge legions of protoss.

FE Expert
Maybe with the Protoss Federation on their backs they would have successfully made Holy to work, without the need of a burst of the Lifestream. But then it would be waging lightning warfare for the Protoss Federation army, since they land immediately after the destruction of the Sister Ray.

Let's suppose that, since Cloud and his friends know the terrain better, Cloud would be among the PF chain of command in this case. (The highest possible rank would be Procurator, which is directly junior to a Praetor but senior to everyone else under a Praetor's command)

ArtificialGlory
Are Protoss even a 'federation'?

FE Expert
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Are Protoss even a 'federation'?

They really became a federation during the events of Brood War. The Protoss Federation was formed when the Khalai survivors retreated to the Dark Templar homeworld (by the end of Episode IV, Shakuras becomes the capital planet of the PF)

From now on, whenever I will refer to the Protoss as they appeared in "Brood War" or later, I will refer to it as the Protoss Federation. If I wanted to refer to the Protoss before the death of the first Overmind, I will then say it's the Protoss Conclave.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.