Battle of the Average

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
so, one of each of the following enter an unbreakable transparent dome. using most consistent depictions and using just the 'average' member of each race, who is left standing:

one celestial
one watcher
one monitor
one guardian

tru-marvell
I don't know much about the "Monitors" but they sound like a dc version of the watchers. If so then I give this to the average Celestial

iceman24567
A Monitor

TricksterPriest
Probably the Monitors, given the level of power ascribed to them in FC and Beyond.

Utrigita
I think all can agree on this

Celestial/monitor > Watcher and Guardian.

Trick and Ice, I'm curious what level of power was ascribed to the Monitors?

Philosophía
A Monitor by far if those in discussion are the ones from Final Crisis/Superman Beyond.

If those from Countdown, then a Celestial.

leonidas
why were they so dramatically different? was there an actual difference between the beings or power they could access, or was it simply that they were portrayed differently? and before some bozo (and you bozos know who you are! mad ) says--leo, you didn't READ FC or countdownzz!!??1/???1

i read a lot of each but didn't particularly care for either, finding them too cumbersome and hard to follow to bother reading completely.

iceman24567
Originally posted by leonidas
why were they so dramatically different? was there an actual difference between the beings or power they could access, or was it simply that they were portrayed differently? and before some bozo (and you bozos know who you are! mad ) says--leo, you didn't READ FC or countdownzz!!??1/???1

i read a lot of each but didn't particularly care for either, finding them too cumbersome and hard to follow to bother reading completely. You didn't read Final Crisis did you? eek! rolling on floor laughing

Digi
I think leo's smarter than all of us now, because he didn't lose most of his brain cells reading FC and subsequently trying to mire through it to figure out what a bunch of it meant.

leonidas
Originally posted by Digi
I think leo's smarter than all of us

you're too kind. heh

smart

stick out tongue

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Digi
I think leo's smarter than all of us now, because he didn't lose most of his brain cells reading FC and subsequently trying to mire through it to figure out what a bunch of it meant.

Don't put the rest of us on your level just because you didn't get it. roll eyes (sarcastic)

It wasn't that hard to figure out. You just had to connect the dots, have read Seven Soldiers earlier, and realized the truth about the new gods.

That's it.

Enyalus
A Celestial.

Mshinu
Probably a Celestial

leonidas
why were they so dramatically different? was there an actual difference between the beings or power they could access, or was it simply that they were portrayed differently?

confused

Enyalus
confused
Morrison wanking, I would think.

Whenever he takes over characters, as you prolly know, their power-levels go through the roof.

I wouldn't mind it if it was a character I liked, admittedly. Like WCP on his X-Men run. Or Xorneto.

leonidas
Originally posted by Enyalus
Morrison wanking, I would think.

Whenever he takes over characters, as you prolly know, their power-levels go through the roof.

I wouldn't mind it if it was a character I liked, admittedly. Like WCP on his X-Men run. Or Xorneto.

i know that, but the discrepancy being described is quite substantial is all. just the way they were portrayed, eh? when there's that big a difference, that's never a good thing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.