whats a good site to get info on unlocking cell phones ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chomperx9
whats a good website that doesnt charge and gives you the right info on unlocking your cellphone ?

Magee
Google.

Captain REX
What do you mean by unlocking?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Captain REX
What do you mean by unlocking?

Probably making it sim lock free.

Is illegal though, I think.

jaden101
Originally posted by Bardock42

Is illegal though, I think.

Nah it isn't...The mobile industry like to perpetuate the rumour that it is though.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Bardock42

Is illegal though, I think. its never ileagal to unlock your phone the cell phone providers just put a code on your phone before they sale them so you cant use it with any other provider so they want you to stick with them.

Raoul
Originally posted by jaden101
Nah it isn't...The mobile industry like to perpetuate the rumour that it is though.

i actually heard that it was supposed to be illegal to lock them in the first place...

Robtard
Once again Robtard shows his aweomeness with posting the best post, the rest of you suck unwashed asses.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Raoul
i actually heard that it was supposed to be illegal to lock them in the first place... my dads motorola razr was unlocked and im with T-mobile he wasnt. his razr is a cricket phone but for some reason it connecting to T-zones so i took it over to T-mobile i told them its not a T-mobile phone the it was unlocked but was using a T-mobile sim card. they didnt say a single word of it being unlocked or nothing. and the only problem was they had to install the software on the phone for me to connect to T-zones since it wasnt a T-mobile phone.

Bardock42
Originally posted by jaden101
Nah it isn't...The mobile industry like to perpetuate the rumour that it is though. That's good to know, it is a total douche move after all.

Though Wikipedia says this:

Regulations on unlocking
Unlocking a phone without the permission or unlocking code from the provider is usually in breach of the agreement with the provider, though most countries do not make specific laws prohibiting the removal of SIM locks.
In the United States the DMCA formerly was claimed to criminalize unlocking. However, an exemption that took effect 27 November 2006 specifically permits it, and will expire in three years but it can be renewed after that. The exemption only applies to the actual unlocking, not to providing an unlocking device or service, see WIPO Copyright and Performances and Phonograms Treaties Implementation Act.

I guess you won't have to fear prosecutiong anyways.

What about warranty though?

chomperx9
Originally posted by Robtard
Once again Robtard shows his aweomeness with posting the best post, the rest of you suck unwashed asses. ty ive seen that site before but they charge you 20 bucks. trying to find a site that just gives you the info for free.

Robtard
Originally posted by chomperx9
ty ive seen that site before but they charge you 20 bucks. trying to find a site that just gives you the info for free.

I looked around a bit, they all charge something. I've seen them as low as $9.00, but only on certain phones.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Robtard
Once again Robtard shows his aweomeness with posting the best post, the rest of you suck unwashed asses.

rob rules.

he got rob rolled

pronky
Hi there are many sites found online who render code to unlock your mobile at free of cost .I recommend you to have a look at Unlock-free.com here they generate code to unlock mobile at free of cost .But here they provide code only for some older mobile model .To get unlock code for newer mobile model visit Unlocking4u.com here first you need to specify the mobile model ,network name to which your mobile is locked and the IEMI number of your mobile .Then at last they deliver you code to unlock your mobile at good rates .

Ascendancy
Seems legit.

crystalmaden
Try to search on Google. You'll find the answer.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.