Moody and Voldemort

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Trolly
Hi guys, just wondering...how would Moody have fared against Voldemort in a One on One duel? Do you think that he could at least injured Voldemort? Lets not count Horcruxes here.

Miss S Malfoy
Moody Was a skilled wizard but Voldemort is the like the best wizard ever.
so he might hit him like once.

Lord Lucien
Most powerful Dark Wizard the world has ever seen for a reason. If Moody can hit him... he doesn't deserve that title.

Morgromir
but moody was the best Aroura(however its spelled) ever

Morgromir
he probably wouldnt kill him but injure him and piss him off

Miss S Malfoy
Yeah makes sense...and it's an Auror...or something.

Lord Lucien
Injure Voldemort? Dumbledore took him on personally one-on-one, and he had surprised Voldemort with his presence too.

Not a scratch.

Miss S Malfoy
Hrm...I wonder if Protego would shield a killing curse..No.. yeah Moody'd be dead

Morgromir
wait mangled moody or still intact moody ?

Miss S Malfoy
Most likely mangled. It's like "Oh you think you're so awesome cause you're an Auror so I'll completly mess you up"
I really doubt that V would say it like that though

siriuswriter
nothing can shield the killing curse - that's kind of one of the points of it, because harry survived it...

at any rate, if voldemort was in a 'playing with his dinner' kind of mood, moody might get a couple of hexes thrown in. but i can only see that as voldemort doing a sadistic "oh look, moody, you're winning!!" and then suddenly killing him. yeah, i think it would be fun for voldemort to give 'the greatest auror ever' some hope, and then just take it away.

'i have a surprise for you.'
'oh?'
'i... am not left-handed!'

Miss S Malfoy
Haha That's more funny than valley girl voldie in HP quizzes

Unicor777
Well I don't think Voldermort was so untouchable at all. Remember in the 5th book Dumbledore telling him that the Aurors are on their way, what had impact on him. He was avoiding the Aurors. Although I agree that Moody would not be able to finish him, but still Voldermort will have to sweat a bit before killing him. Remember amelia bones? she gave up a good fight' were the accounts of the duel between her and Voldermort

Council#13
Originally posted by Unicor777
Well I don't think Voldermort was so untouchable at all. Remember in the 5th book Dumbledore telling him that the Aurors are on their way, what had impact on him. He was avoiding the Aurors. Although I agree that Moody would not be able to finish him, but still Voldermort will have to sweat a bit before killing him. Remember amelia bones? she gave up a good fight' were the accounts of the duel between her and Voldermort

That's because Voldemort didn't think he could take on Dumbledore, the Order, and half the Ministry.

Gideon
Council#13
That's because Voldemort didn't think he could take on Dumbledore, the Order, and half the Ministry.

^ Simultaneously.

Yeah, Dumbledore and a group of Aurors would certainly be problematic.

~Bun Bun~
Voldy hands down. If you think about it in Ootp dumbledore got away from a group of Aurors and Voldy is more powerful than Dumbledore. So no contest.

ADarksideJedi
I think Moody would give up a good fight but lose against Volemort.As it says in the book the only wizard Volemort face was Dumbore who did not die in that combat.

Dresta
Originally posted by siriuswriter
nothing can shield the killing curse - that's kind of one of the points of it, because harry survived it...

at any rate, if voldemort was in a 'playing with his dinner' kind of mood, moody might get a couple of hexes thrown in. but i can only see that as voldemort doing a sadistic "oh look, moody, you're winning!!" and then suddenly killing him. yeah, i think it would be fun for voldemort to give 'the greatest auror ever' some hope, and then just take it away.

'i have a surprise for you.'
'oh?'
'i... am not left-handed!' I've always felt that was a bit of a flaw, if nothing could shield the killing curse, what need would there be to use anything else in a duel? And it was never really explained that well either, does it kill you if it hits you in the pinky?

Just doesn't make much sense to me.

ares834
How does it not make sense? If it hits you you die. And people use other things becasue it can be dodged and of course it is illegial.

MadMel
Not only that, but you have to be a skilled witch/wizard to pull it off.

Moody: Aveda Kedavra is a curse that needs a powerful bit of magic behind it. You could all pull your wands out and point them at me and say the words, and I probably wont get so much as a nosebleed.

^ Did that quote from memory, so its probably a bit mistaken.

Dresta
Pretty sure most of the characters in the book would be able to use it, even Crabbe had no problem with it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.