Kessler vs Pikachu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SpadeKing
Where Cole has failed, will Kessler prevail?

Same area setting in a tropical Island, mile wide and mile long.

same thing for Pikachu full use to all his acquirable abilities & moves.

um... and kessler gets... himself?

Q'Anilia
Given what I've heard of Kessler, he might make it. Isn't he some kind of supergenious lightning-speed, electricity absorbing teleporter?

Wei Phoenix
I thought he had time powers.

Q'Anilia
Oh yes. He does.

SpadeKing
he could open a portal in time but only once.

He is everything Cole is except better and over 100 years older... and also is Cole

his only disadvantage as far as I know is endurance, as in him needing a break.

Ret Chazoz
If he needs to take a break, Pika's agility should tire him out, As Kesseler Gets worn out, Pika starts spamming the voltage,

By the way, Why Pikachu and not Riachu? Lol,

Ret Chazoz
Raichu*

SpadeKing
Pikachu is alot more agile than raichu.

Raichu is like a sumo wrestler version of pikachu. he wouldn't be avoiding nearly as much be he would take less damage atleast.

Phantom Miria
Originally posted by SpadeKing
he could open a portal in time but only once.

He is everything Cole is except better and over 100 years older... and also is Cole

his only disadvantage as far as I know is endurance, as in him needing a break.

For what it's worth, "only once" you can't prove. There's nothing saying he can't do it again. It's true that Kessler took a one-way trip back in time, but that's because he was prepared to die doing so. According to Kessler and Cole, there weren't really a future worth returning to. He needed Cole to kill him, in order to have Cole ready for Beast.

Revolving this fight, Kessler tanked pretty nasty stuff. Among other, a lasting lightning impact from Cole, as well as bullets and a good amount of electricity overall. Quick as Pikachu may be, he's not near as quick as Kessler and fall for much less. He can however dish out a good amount of damage.

My opinion on the winner is not yet decided. I'm leaning more towards Kessler to be honest.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Ret Chazoz
If he needs to take a break, Pika's agility should tire him out, As Kesseler Gets worn out, Pika starts spamming the voltage,

By the way, Why Pikachu and not Riachu? Lol,

Kind of hard to outrun time powers. Don't know exactly how his works though.

MooCowofJustice
In a cut scene it was stated that he opened a one way portal. So he pretty much only had one shot.

Phantom Miria
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Kind of hard to outrun time powers. Don't know exactly how his works though.

The extent of it was travel through time.

Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
In a cut scene it was stated that he opened a one way portal. So he pretty much only had one shot.

SPOILER!

VQnyxRa9vIg

It is stated that he went on a one-way trip back in time, and NOT that he only had one shot. He wouldn't use that power in this fight either way, but there's nothing saying that he suddenly stopped having that power. All that's said is that he used it to a one-way journey.

We need to remember that Kessler NEVER had any intentions of returning to the future. He was prepared and planned on dying in the past. So it was a one-way trip because of the fact that he didn't, nor had any intent of returning.

There's no logic in the power vanishing when it's used one time. And obviously, the reason he couldn't do it over and over again if things went wrong, was because even though time was rewind, he aged as he always would.

Long story short: He had more or less one shot due to the aging process of the humans. Nothing implicate he lost the power.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Phantom Miria
The extent of it was travel through time.

SPOILER!

VQnyxRa9vIg

It is stated that he went on a one-way trip back in time, and NOT that he only had one shot. He wouldn't use that power in this fight either way, but there's nothing saying that he suddenly stopped having that power. All that's said is that he used it to a one-way journey.

We need to remember that Kessler NEVER had any intentions of returning to the future. He was prepared and planned on dying in the past. So it was a one-way trip because of the fact that he didn't, nor had any intent of returning.

There's no logic in the power vanishing when it's used one time. And obviously, the reason he couldn't do it over and over again if things went wrong, was because even though time was rewind, he aged as he always would.

Long story short: He had more or less one shot due to the aging process of the humans. Nothing implicate he lost the power.

You know I'm slowly forgetting who you are, I only have a faint memory of the things you used to say to me. sad

Phantom Miria
You know I'm slowly forgetting who you are, I only have a faint memory of the things you used to say to me. sad

bemine

Wei Phoenix
bemine

Shut up, just shut up...you had me at "The extent of it was travel through time."

Phantom Miria
Damn!

SpadeKing
one-way trip... doesn't that mean one chance and no return no expression

even though he didn't want to return but still ermm

I don't think the time powers will help much unless he wants to go back in time and kill pikachu as an egg... which is now forbidden.

He does have pikachu beat in speed seeing as he teleports or whatever but he can't do it for long... unless pikachu can learn teleport hmm

Phantom Miria

Wei Phoenix
one-way trip... doesn't that mean one chance and no return no expression

even though he didn't want to return but still ermm

I don't think the time powers will help much unless he wants to go back in time and kill pikachu as an egg... which is now forbidden.

He does have pikachu beat in speed seeing as he teleports or whatever but he can't do it for long... unless pikachu can learn teleport hmm

Not necessarily. That only means you don't plan to return. If you were to get a one way ticket to Detroit, would that mean you can't and have no chance of returning. The way this trip is being described is as if he had no intentions of returning.

Wei Phoenix
I can go on SAS homepage right away and order a one way trip to the US, Georgia to be specific and be with my lovely Nate. That doesn't mean I can't go back when I feel like it. I just don't have a determined date of return, or perhaps not even any intention at all to return since Nate is so dreamy.

I concur.

SpadeKing
well there is no proof he can or can't do it again.

back to the fight...

Phantom Miria
well there is no proof he can or can't do it again.

back to the fight...

There's no reason why he shouldn't be able to, although he won't, so that's that. For all we know, he can only travel back in time and not forth.
Further back. Back. Back. Back. Oooh, dinosaurs!

But seriously, he wins.

SpadeKing
I'm pretty sure Pikachu can do better than Cole against Kessler.

especially consider he can dig under ground to avoid attacks, unless kessler's punch can affect underground too.

Phantom Miria
Certainly. Cole didn't have much a say against Kessler. He shouldn't even have won stick out tongue But yes, Pikachu would do better than Cole (Although Cole won, but that's beside the point).

Wei Phoenix
I'm pretty sure Pikachu can do better than Cole against Kessler.

especially consider he can dig under ground to avoid attacks, unless kessler's punch can affect underground too.

Pikachu can't dig underground.

Phantom Miria
Pikachu can't dig underground.

It can learn as a TM.

MooCowofJustice
Kessler definitely has more of a chance in this fight than Cole, but Pikachu still wins.

Phantom Miria
Kessler definitely has more of a chance in this fight than Cole, but Pikachu still wins.

Why is that?

MooCowofJustice
I don't think either Cole or Kessler can generate electricity as powerful as Pikachu. And we know they can be hurt by electricity, while we've seen Pikachu absorb actual lightning strikes.

Plus I don't think either of them could hit Pikachu, though Kessler has a much better chance to hit Pikachu than Cole.

Wei Phoenix
It can learn as a TM.

Yeah I know that, but I thought we only use natural moves and not something you have to force it to learn because then that would be a special condition pokemon. We shouldn't use TM/HM only moves.

Phantom Miria
I don't think either Cole or Kessler can generate electricity as powerful as Pikachu. And we know they can be hurt by electricity, while we've seen Pikachu absorb actual lightning strikes.

Plus I don't think either of them could hit Pikachu, though Kessler has a much better chance to hit Pikachu than Cole.

Despite my disagreement, Kessler doesn't need his electricity. Pikachu isn't very endurant and Kessler can still use his fists and feet. He even par with Cole in strength.

MooCowofJustice
We don't have any strength feats for Cole, as far as we know he could only have stronger punches because he electrifies his fists.

We can assume that Pikachu is very durable because he has to take hits from things like Hitmonchan, Machamp, Snorlax, Dragonite, and many more. Things in Pokemon are going to be strong, fast, and durable.

Phantom Miria

MooCowofJustice
We've also seen Pikachu ram heads with things that should be far stronger and far more durable than him. I dunno if I could find a video but I think he rammed heads with a Steelix. Don't quote me. erm

Phantom Miria
We've also seen Pikachu ram heads with things that should be far stronger and far more durable than him. I dunno if I could find a video but I think he rammed heads with a Steelix. Don't quote me. erm

Pikachu tackle in the anime is treated as an ability and should be viewed as such. Pikachu has also ended up dazed because he has tackled particular targets. Also according to TCG, Pikachi indeed can tackle as an ability.

MooCowofJustice
I don't see why that would matter. Is Pikachu not allowed to use his abilities?

Heck, unless the abilities he uses directly change his durability and speed, we should assume Pikachu is always that durable or fast.

Whether they work like that or not I don't think would matter. That would let Pikachu Quick Attack around Kessler's attacks instead of running.

Phantom Miria
I don't see why that would matter. Is Pikachu not allowed to use his abilities?

Heck, unless the abilities he uses directly change his durability and speed, we should assume Pikachu is always that durable or fast.

Whether they work like that or not I don't think would matter. That would let Pikachu Quick Attack around Kessler's attacks instead of running.

You missed my point. A Pokemon ability alter attributes. Tackle, Head Butt, Body Slam and moves alike. Offensive increasements, just like how there are defensive.

There's nothing saying Kessler can't harm Pikachu with physical injury, given how a Raticate has.

MooCowofJustice
Unless Pikachu counters those moves with another move, he takes the whole force of it at his normal durability, proving he is in fact very very durable.

Did Raticate bite Pikachu? Because the Pokemon Gold Pokedex says Raticate can topple buildings with its teeth by gnawing at the base.

Pokemon are very powerful, I still think the simple fact of being a Pokemon makes you incredibly powerful and durable. Maybe some Pokemon aren't very durable, but Pikachu is not one of them.

Harming Pikachu is something Kessler could probably do, but harm him enough to win I doubt.

Phantom Miria

MooCowofJustice
Kessler is definitely capable of some sweet stuff with his powers, we've even seen him use electricity to grab a person and throw them. As well some other cool stuff. But we haven't seen anything Kessler can do that Pikachu can't dodge, or take.

SpadeKing
Yeah I know that, but I thought we only use natural moves and not something you have to force it to learn because then that would be a special condition pokemon. We shouldn't use TM/HM only moves.

same rules as pikachu vs cole thread

all moves that he can use are to his advantage

Wei Phoenix
same rules as pikachu vs cole thread

all moves that he can use are to his advantage

So what you did was give someone who you already believe is leagues above Kessler every single move he could possibly learn?

Infamous experts correct me if this is an impossible tactic but what would happen if Pikachu tried to skull bash Kessler and he opened a time portal to wherever and Pika went through it for a BFR victory?

MooCowofJustice
I don't know. That may just be possible, but it depends on how Kessler travels back in time. If he actually tears open a doorway or he kind of teleports himself back through time.

Since the cut scenes in inFamous are comic books, I couldn't really tell. It could be either. Wait for Miria to get back.

SpadeKing
wouldn't it depend where he send him anyway? he can always send him back to drown cole no expression

nah I was thinking that Cole may have been a bit more powerful than I thought then I use Kessler who seemed like he could actually compete in this fight.

Wei Phoenix
wouldn't it depend where he send him anyway? he can always send him back to drown cole no expression

nah I was thinking that Cole may have been a bit more powerful than I thought then I use Kessler who seemed like he could actually compete in this fight.

1. I don't think Kessler is dumb enough to send his enemy directly towards a past version of himself.

2. I don't think Pika would be smart enough to tell the difference even if he did, especially if it as a powerless Cole.

SpadeKing
1. I don't think Kessler is dumb enough to send his enemy directly towards a past version of himself.

2. I don't think Pika would be smart enough to tell the difference even if he did, especially if it as a powerless Cole.

1. I don't think it's shown whether or not Kessler has the powers to choose what exact time to go to or if he can open the portal more than once.

2. well if it was a powerless cole they would probably become friends after the incident and go on to battle crime together with cole as pikachu's sidekick no expression

Premium
People should just stick to what he has shown to do in fights otherwise why would he do it now, especially when allot of what people is saying could happen is guess work.

Phantom Miria
I don't know. That may just be possible, but it depends on how Kessler travels back in time. If he actually tears open a doorway or he kind of teleports himself back through time.

Since the cut scenes in inFamous are comic books, I couldn't really tell. It could be either. Wait for Miria to get back.

"Wait for Miria to get back" love

This is how I see it: When Kessler came to use his newest and most dangerous power, when he went on a one way trip back in time, what it shows us is that a field is generated around him. This sphere is without a doubt what brings him back in time, but as it appears, it is focused on him. The only way I can imagine Kessler able to timetravel Pikachu, is if he goes with him.

For all we know, Kessler can only move backwards in time and not forward. For all that we've been informed, he has to be part of the same time travel that he would assign Pikachu.

Time travel is in my opinion out of the question. All we really know is that Kessler can move backwards.

Originally posted by Premium
People should just stick to what he has shown to do in fights otherwise why would he do it now, especially when allot of what people is saying could happen is guess work.

What Kessler did against Cole should not be confused with any other fight. Kessler wanted to die, remember. He wanted Cole to kill him. Besides, if we judge merely on what a character has done in combat and ignore what a character can do beyond what he has used in that particular fight, a lot of versus fights would be very, very lame.

SpadeKing
Kessler wanted Cole to be prepared for that fight with the beast but, it didn't stop him from trying though I'm not sure if it was his hardest.

Premium
"Wait for Miria to get back" love

This is how I see it: When Kessler came to use his newest and most dangerous power, when he went on a one way trip back in time, what it shows us is that a field is generated around him. This sphere is without a doubt what brings him back in time, but as it appears, it is focused on him. The only way I can imagine Kessler able to timetravel Pikachu, is if he goes with him.

For all we know, Kessler can only move backwards in time and not forward. For all that we've been informed, he has to be part of the same time travel that he would assign Pikachu.

Time travel is in my opinion out of the question. All we really know is that Kessler can move backwards.

What Kessler did against Cole should not be confused with any other fight. Kessler wanted to die, remember. He wanted Cole to kill him. Besides, if we judge merely on what a character has done in combat and ignore what a character can do beyond what he has used in that particular fight, a lot of versus fights would be very, very lame. And speculating is any better.

Phantom Miria
And speculating is any better.

You have used speculations yourself. That's all that has to be said on that point.

MooCowofJustice
This is completely unrelated to this debate, but I've discovered I really enjoy talking about theories of the things that happen in inFamous / may happen in any future games.

Premium
You have used speculations yourself. That's all that has to be said on that point. Who's to say I was right, seeing as I have pointed out at the time that its all just speculation.

Premium
This is completely unrelated to this debate, but I've discovered I really enjoy talking about theories of the things that happen in inFamous / may happen in any future games. Like who the Beast is, possibly John. Then again maybe its Zeke.

MooCowofJustice
I think Zeke, but John is a distinct possibility. Likely more so than Zeke.

Premium
It might make sense with Zeke, the powers not working etc. But the beasts image resembled John to me.

Q'Anilia
It might make sense with Zeke, the powers not working etc. But the beasts image resembled John to me.

Sure. He just need to grow a little in height and start a diet to decrease in weight stick out tongue

Premium
He becomes energy so his body changes shape in some ways?

MooCowofJustice
I think the Beast has fire powers. Which is partly what makes me think it's Zeke.

Premium
I hope the boss battles are better, a big disapointment for me.

MooCowofJustice
Kessler made me angry on Hard mode. Especially as Evil Cole.

Premium
It wasn't how hard or easy it was. I just wanted a super foe in a free roaming battle with me. I was looking forward to the second guy especially and then it turned out to be crap.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.