Batman & Rorschach vs Daredevil & Nite Owl

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
Fight takes place in the Los Angeles and there are 4 scenarios.

Scenario 1: Fatal 4 Way (Every man for themself w/ standard gear.)
Scenario 2: Batman & Rorschach vs Daredevil & Nite Owl (H2H only/no weapons)
Scenario 3: Batman & Rorschach vs Daredevil & Nite Owl (Standard Equipment permitted.)
Scenario 4: Batman & Rorschach vs Daredevil & Nit Owl (The Tumbler and Archie are permitted.)

Off-Topic Question: Which is cooler The Tumbler or Archie?

Darth Martin
No one cares to read just 4 scenarios?

Eminence
1. Nite Owl
2. Daredevil and Nite Owl. They seem notably stronger than Batman and Rorschach, respectively.
3. See above. Superior physical attributes + hand laser = win.
4. I think I might go with the Tumbler on this one. I'm not sure Archie can take hits from those guns. If Owl pops out though... you guessed it, laser.

Darth Martin
Well, I think your overrating the laser. Ozymandias pwned it by throwing a heavy chair. While it may prove effective against the actual heroes I doubt if it'd have any effect against The Tumbler. Also, how will Archie take hits from the Tumbler when it's an aircraft?

Nightstick
Assuming Bale Batman given the use of the Tumbler then he is the weak link here. So his team goes down. If on the other hand we use Anthology Batman. Then the situation changes.

Darth Martin
What changes? He'd still have his Batmobile. Or do you want him ot have his Batwing?

Nightstick
Originally posted by Darth Martin
What changes? He'd still have his Batmobile. Or do you want him ot have his Batwing?

What changes is that Anthology Batman is faster, stronger, etc etc then Bale Batman and hence more usefull to his team. Anthology Batman can straight up block bullets which would make him one of if not the fastest combatent in the scenario. He is strong enough to punch threw the floor platting/armor of the Batmobile and knock people 5ft up and the better part of 10ft back with a punch. Over power Robin who can ride a rocket into orbit hanging on the side. In other words. Switching Bale for Anthology makes Batman go from the weakest link to one of the strongest.

Darth Martin
He'd also get thrashed due to lack of skill.

Nightstick
Originally posted by Darth Martin
He'd also get thrashed due to lack of skill.

Anthology Batman was far and away more skilled then Baleman. Hell "Forever" Robin is as skilled if not more so then Baleman. Again in almost every catagory pertinent to a fight Anthology Batman outclasses Baleman by a fair margin.

Robtard
Originally posted by Nightstick
Anthology Batman was far and away more skilled then Baleman. Hell "Forever" Robin is as skilled if not more so then Baleman. Again in almost every catagory pertinent to a fight Anthology Batman outclasses Baleman by a fair margin.

It's been awhile since I've seen those films, but Keaton-Man, Kilmer-Man and Clooney-Man didn't such much skill beyond simple punching and kicking. Bale-Man at least uses elbows, knees, locks and head-butts.

Nightstick
Originally posted by Robtard
It's been awhile since I've seen those films, but Keaton-Man, Kilmer-Man and Clooney-Man didn't such much skill beyond simple punching and kicking. Bale-Man at least uses elbows, knees, locks and head-butts.

It has been a while then. Anthology Batman used holds, throws, palm strikes, back hands, headbutts, locks, knees, elbows, possible breaks etc. His repetior of moves and appearent styles is more varied/versitle and he is able to put it to use against larger numbers of foes in open combat. When facing groups he doesn't have to sneak around(though he can if he feels the inclination) to take them out. A video to illustrate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgjqVmWglHQ

Robtard
While I wasn't completely spot-on, Keaton-Man (probably because that costume was notoriously rigid) used basically just simple punches and kicks, he rarely broke away from this standard. That negro who gave him trouble, wasn't more than just a puncher, Bale-Man would have worked him in seconds.

Kilmer-Man was more versatile, he was a bit of a Kung Fu fighter with the flashy spins.

All in all, Bale-Man is still the more impressive fighter, from a skill standpoint.

Did remind me that I did enjoy the Burton films.

Nightstick
Originally posted by Robtard While I wasn't completely spot-on, Keaton-Man (probably because that costume was notoriously rigid) used basically just simple punches and kicks, he rarely broke away from this standard. That negro who gave him trouble, wasn't more than just a puncher, Bale-Man would have worked him in seconds.
Simple punches and kicks, and open palm strikes, and knees, and holds, and throws, and headbutts etc. That so called "puncher" soaked with no effect shots from Anthology Batman who is way stronger then Baleman. Not only that, but he landed blows on Anthology Batman who has way better reaction time then Baleman. Which means he could soak anything Baleman landed and pound him into dust.
Originally posted by Robtard Kilmer-Man was more versatile, he was a bit of a Kung Fu fighter with the flashy spins.

It was more then flashy spins. It was holds, locks, breaks, take down etc etc. That and Kilmer character is the same as Keatons so what ever either of them did contributes to the whol.
Originally posted by Robtard All in all, Bale-Man is still the more impressive fighter, from a skill standpoint.

Based on what Anthology Batman was a more varied fighter and more capable of appling his skill in combat. On what grounds do you judge Baleman as more skilled? 'Cause it not veritility, its not number of styles known, its not effective application. So what is it?

Glad I could help smile

Robtard
Originally posted by Nightstick

Based on what Anthology Batman was a more varied fighter and more capable of appling his skill in combat. On what grounds do you judge Baleman as more skilled? 'Cause it not veritility, its not number of styles known, its not effective application. So what is it?

Yes, Bale-man is far more macho than Keaton-man, Kilmer-man and expecially Clooney-man. Did you see his pecks? He doesn't need a suit with built-in muscle definition like the Anthology crew does, he has his own, dude is MAN-Lee.

Bale-man uses more moves and fights more skilled opponents, this is just a fact. EG That SWAT team he took out was far deadlier than Joker or Penguin goons, who are little more than comic relief.

Only thing you might have me on is overall durability and physical strength. Bale-man is a beast, curling 200+ pounds with one arm while hanging off an ice-shelf. What do you have that tops that feat-o-muscle in Anthology? As I don't recall any off the top of the noggin.

Rogue Jedi
Whats up with the Clooney man Bale man talk? haermm

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Whats up with the Clooney man Bale man talk? haermm

So we know which of the four Batmans where talking about. Keaton, Kilmer, Clooney or Bale.

Rogue Jedi
Then why not just say Keaton, Kilmer, Clooney or Bale?

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Then why not just say Keaton, Kilmer, Clooney or Bale?

Just no.

Nightstick
Yes, Bale-man is far more macho than Keaton-man, Kilmer-man and expecially Clooney-man. Did you see his pecks? He doesn't need a suit with built-in muscle definition like the Anthology crew does, he has his own, dude is MAN-Lee.

And that has what baring on the skill of the character exactly?

Bale-man uses more moves and fights more skilled opponents, this is just a fact. EG That SWAT team he took out was far deadlier than Joker or Penguin goons, who are little more than comic relief.

Baleman doesn't use more moves. Infact his reptior is more limited. Reling almost entirely on the Keysi Fighting System. With perhaps a dash of Kali, Krav Maga, and BJJ. Where as Anthology Batman made use of elements of almost every martial art under the sun. Karate, Wushu, Judo, Wrestling, Systema/Sambo, Tai Kwon Do etc etc. As well as non-combat athletics. Such as gymnastic and acrobatics.

As for the SWAT vs Goons argument neither has any particularly relevent feats. Though the goons displayed more personel combat experience and martial prowess. On the other hand the SWAT had guns. Unfurtunatly Baleman didn't take them in a straight fight he used, stealth/sneaking about, gadgets etc. Anthology Batman drops into a group of half a dozen armed men and trounces them while smiling.

Only thing you might have me on is overall durability and physical strength. Bale-man is a beast, curling 200+ pounds with one arm while hanging off an ice-shelf. What do you have that tops that feat-o-muscle in Anthology? As I don't recall any off the top of the noggin.

As I recall Baleman was have laying on the edge so he wasn't dangleing about and it took hi supreme effort. Anthology Batman hoist people above his head while casualy carrying on a conversation, punches threw the armor of the Batmobile, picks up and moves aroun Robin encased in ise like he is nothing. Not only catches a falling Vicki Vale while praticley hanging from his finger tips, but easily hoist her back up the building, does more or less the same with Catwoman, can over power Robin who was able to hang and climb the side of a rocket that could reach escape velocity, casually back handed thugs 5+ft etc etc.

In other words he is faster, stronger, and more durable then Baleman. Not to mention as discussed above more skilled.

Robtard
Hey, you mentioned 'virility', so just accept that Bale-man is the more macho man of the bunch. He clearly wins in this department.

Moves as in actual fighting moves, while spins, twirls and what-not look good, they're not as effective as actual fighting moves that take out people. Bale-man has this over the others, eg while Kilmer-man is flipping about, he still just basically punches or kicks at the end. Looks flashy, key word "looks".

Bale-man also drops in the middle of a dozen armed men and takes them out with his moves, he did this is Begins. It's not an Anthology phenomenon, this feat.

Like I said, I'd have to take your word on the strength and durability, as it's been ages since I've watched those films. Going off that link you gave, they're not more skilled and faster is debatable, sir.

Nightstick
Hey, you mentioned 'virility', so just accept that Bale-man is the more macho man of the bunch. He clearly wins in this department.

I may have mentioned viriaty and virsitility, but not virility. For the record though Baleman is a bit of a pretty boy.

Moves as in actual fighting moves, while spins, twirls and what-not look good, they're not as effective as actual fighting moves that take out people. Bale-man has this over the others, eg while Kilmer-man is flipping about, he still just basically punches or kicks at the end. Looks flashy, key word "looks".

While that argument has application in real world terms. In cinema it fails a bit because they were obviously effective( moves ). That aside spins and twirls have been incorperated into combat forms for some time. If they were entirely useless you'd think they would have been fazed out at some point. Truth is much like many things they have their place. Though it takes a certain skill level to use them effectively which may actually speak to how good, instead of bad Anthology Batman was.

I ask again what moves did Baleman use that Anthology Batman did not?

Bale-man also drops in the middle of a dozen armed men and takes them out with his moves, he did this is Begins. It's not an Anthology phenomenon, this feat.

When? Name one time he simply droped into 6 strong group of men armed with automatic weapons and took them head on.

Like I said, I'd have to take your word on the strength and durability, as it's been ages since I've watched those films. Going off that link you gave, they're not more skilled and faster is debatable, sir.

Not in the clip I linked to, but earlier in Batman in the chemical plant scene. He blocks a bullet. Which gives him way better reaction speed then Baleman. Hell Joker's swordsman moved faster then anybody in Nolan's Batmans.

Nightstick
Sorry double post.

Robtard
Batman Begins, at the docks, after he takes one thug out in the shadows, the rest group up, Bale-man jumps in the middle and proceeds to bat-kick their asses.

Mind you, I'm not arguing that Bale-man could beat the others in the end, as the reboot is less comicbookish and the feats aren't as beyond reality.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.