sinestro vs annihilus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

psycho gundam
fight in space.

Enyalus
With the cosmic rod, Annihilus takes it.

Warlord
^Yes

vansonbee
With or w/o the rod, Annihilus take it, but not by full count.

leonidas
Originally posted by vansonbee
With or w/o the rod, Annihilus take it, but not by full count.

thumb up

Kris Blaze
Annihilus is going to take it without the cosmic rod?

How the hell??

leonidas
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Annihilus is going to take it without the cosmic rod?

How the hell??

yeah, my bad. misread that. embarrasment

w/out, sinestro beats him (anny STILL wasn't a pushover though). with the rod, he'd win more often than not, but he's still gotta work for it. i don't see him simply 'absorbing' sinestro's energy, which is what some will no doubt claim.

Enyalus
Um, no. With the rod, it's Annihilus' win every time. And yeah, he'll absorb Sinestro's energy.

leonidas
Originally posted by Enyalus
Um, no. With the rod, it's Annihilus' win every time. And yeah, he'll absorb Sinestro's energy.

with the rod, anny was about the equivalent of thor. sinestro could still get some wins. i've seen him absorb quasar's energy that quasar was literally BLASTING at him, but i doubt he could absorb his constructs. i don't see him aborbing sinestro's energy unless sinestro is an idiot and pours his energy into him.

Kris Blaze

Sinestro absorbs Annihilus' energy.

Holy shit, that works both ways!!!

Enyalus

Zomg!

Why didn't Quasar do that? mhmm

leonidas

laughing out loud

i suppose there IS that possibility as well.

leonidas
Zomg!

pis . . .? shifty

Enyalus
Right, right.

Sinestro loses.

leonidas
Right, right.

Sinestro loses.

meh. i said he loses more often than not. frankly, annihilus's history would NOT indicate he could simply absorb the ring's power at will. if you suppose that, then there's no reason he couldn't simply drain ss, or ANY cosmic. he could even drain thanos then, in theory. erm

i'd prefer to look at his entire history, as opposed to just one sort of dubious instance against wendell.

Enyalus
He was also draining the Nova Force before being interrupted, wasn't he?

Kris Blaze
Zomg!

Zomg!

Same reason why Thor doesn't do it every instance!

Or maybe it was because he was trying to protect Nova!

Nihilist
With the rod, it's Annihilus' win every time. And yeah, he'll absorb Sinestro's energy. thumb up

leonidas
He was also draining the Nova Force before being interrupted, wasn't he?

that's true, but in both cases it was only because he was in such close proximity to them. if sinestro can strike from a distance, i still say he can win some of these match ups. i don't see anny absorbing constructs, especially if sinestro forms something lethal to attack him from behind. if he grabbed sinestro, then he could likely drain the ring, or got very close, but i don't see sinestro being that stupid.

vansonbee
Originally posted by leonidas
that's true, but in both cases it was only because he was in such close proximity to them. if sinestro can strike from a distance, i still say he can win some of these match ups. i don't see anny absorbing constructs, especially if sinestro forms something lethal to attack him from behind. if he grabbed sinestro, then he could likely drain the ring, or got very close, but i don't see sinestro being that stupid. These constructs aren't made from Sinestro ring (energy)? confused

leonidas
is he going to absorb a spike through his back? confused

there's also no reason a non-pis sinestro couldn't place a construct INSIDE anny's brain or body from a long way off. erm

anny doesn't insta-absorb energy, and there's no reason sinestro needs to get close or use an attack anny can see or absorb.

Enyalus
facepalm Oh my god.

leonidas
facepalm Oh my god.

so, you wanna explain why sinestro couldn't open a construct in anny's brain? wanna explain how he drains sinestro if sinestro keeps his distance? we're all dying to hear the logical counters . . .

Enyalus
so, you wanna explain why sinestro couldn't open a construct in anny's brain? wanna explain how he drains sinestro if sinestro keeps his distance? we're all dying to hear the logical counters . . .
Explain to me how GL constructs are projected, Leo. They aren't just randomly generated from x distance away, are they?

And damn, seriously, a logical counter for 'keeping his distance'? Shit, um....close that distance? Annihilus can fly, you realize? 'Only drained Nova because he was close'...lol.

Sinestro's construct go right through him? When he's taken Mjolnir hits fine and survived Galactus's 'Herald my rage!' blast? Really?

You're stretching.

leonidas
Explain to me how GL constructs are projected, Leo. They aren't just randomly generated from x distance away, are they?

And damn, seriously, a logical counter for 'keeping his distance'? Shit, um....close that distance? Annihilus can fly, you realize? 'Only drained Nova because he was close'...lol.

Sinestro's construct go right through him? When he's taken Mjolnir hits fine and survived Galactus's 'Herald my rage!' blast? Really?

You're stretching.

http://img41.imageshack.us/i/55883066.jpg/

"this close he will ensare you . . ."

he was actually TOUCHING quasar's shield and quasar was right in front of him when he drained quasar. erm proximity clearly plays a role.

not sure what your first question means . . . confused sinestro can generate the constructs, exert his will over planetary distances. plenty far enough to avoid being threatened by draining . . .
--sinestro can teleport.
--sinestro has FAR greater speed feats.
--sinestro can and has used his power on the INSIDE of a body (used it against flash once, but i'm sure there have been other examples of gl's or sinestro doing the same thing)
--mjollnir is a BLUNT weapon, so . . . confused and he WAS hurt by the blow. but you don't think he can be cut?
--his EXTERIOR is tough but we saw his INTERIOR is VERY vulnerable. all sinestro has to do is form a construct inside him. he can do that instantly. he just teleports a short distance from anny, forms the construct inside him and anny dies.

where exactly is the stretch? that scenario is nt a stretch in the least. we're not exactly talking about some minor leaguer in sinestro . . .

Enyalus
--sinestro can and has used his power on the INSIDE of a body (used it against flash once, but i'm sure there have been other examples of gl's or sinestro doing the same thing)
I haven't seen that, but I know you wouldn't just lie.

So, if that did happen, yeah, I guess that seals the debate.

At first, both the distance argument (come on, Annihilus not being able to get close to Sinestro is still a stretch) and the construct inside of Annihilus' was a vast reach...like, on par with SS ****ing with DD at the 'planck' scale or something.

Tazer
Yo.

Zomg!

Same reason why Thor doesn't do it every instance!

Or maybe it was because he was trying to protect Nova!

right, except Elvis *saw* Anni munching thru his field, so theres little excuse.

that fight was a VERY stupid showing for Quasar.

Tazer

leonidas
I haven't seen that, but I know you wouldn't just lie.

moi . . .? shifty

laughing out loud

no, it did happen. it was quite a while ago, (i think), but still a viable option. i'm sure i've seen scans of a gl placing a construct INSIDE someone as well (though i know for a fact hal has manipulated dna structure in beings, much like ss) so yeah, i certainly think it could work here.

yeah, i'm not gonna go along with the 'planck' attack either, but in this case, sinestro's ability to teleport would be a big asset in his ability to stay away from annihilus who has never been shown to be a speedster in any sense. and it is the SPEED at which he could close. can he close and drain before sinestro pops a construct inside him? i really don't think so, so i don't see it as a really big stretch. anny is likely the more powerful overall, but sinestro's versatility gives him a definite chance. smile

Enyalus
moi . . .? shifty

laughing out loud

no, it did happen. it was quite a while ago, (i think), but still a viable option.
If you've given me some Pre-Crisis BS, I'll be pissed.

And you wouldn't like me when I'm angry. durhuc

leonidas
If you've given me some Pre-Crisis BS, I'll be pissed.

And you wouldn't like me when I'm angry. durhuc

it might be pre-c, but . . . why would that matter? confused in any event, the dna manip is post-c.

Tazer
Yo.

moi . . .? shifty

laughing out loud

no, it did happen. it was quite a while ago, (i think), but still a viable option. i'm sure i've seen scans of a gl placing a construct INSIDE someone as well (though i know for a fact hal has manipulated dna structure in beings, much like ss) so yeah, i certainly think it could work here.

most recent case of a GL affecting the INSIDE of a person (thats comes to mind) was when Kyle beat Traitor by sending his Ring into his mouth.

Tazer

Enyalus
it might be pre-c, but . . . why would that matter? confused in any event, the dna manip is post-c.
I generally frown upon someone using a Marvel character's feat if it's happened like 35 years ago. I would be even more against it if that was the case for a DC character.

DNA manip was done by Hal, yeah. Hal isn't Sinestro. Hal has wiped the floor with Sinestro on more than one occasion.

leonidas
the theory is sound. there is evidence (from a few sources) to support it. not sure what you're against here, or what you're claiming to be a stretch. are you honestly saying you don't think sinestro (thought to be the best gl outside of hal) could create a construct inside a body? confused

Enyalus
Inside a typical human's body? Maybe. Against a heralder like Annihilus? I have no clue. I would need to see him do it to believe it. You've said he's done it to Flash. Okay. But if he's just done it once, and it was in the PC era...c'mon, that's shaky at best.

Philosophía
Sinestro.

"Id"
Sinestro
Go

quanchi112
Annihilus wins.

Golgo13
Sinestro.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.