Superman vs Hal Jordan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Placidity
Hal Jordan the Green Lantern (Green Lantern - First Flight)

http://screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/green-lantern-first-flight-dvd-cover.jpg

vs

The Man of Steel (Superman Returns)

https://dl.getdropbox.com/u/49530/supermanreturns.jpg

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

In the DC Universe, Lex Luthor has setup Superman to take the fall for a murdered Green Lantern. Hal Jordan has been dispatched by the Green Lantern Corp to bring Superman to Justice.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Now I know Superman is quite popular, and also has a significant speed advantage. So I'm going to have to give Hal some help.

He has the full power of the Lantern Core in these fights.

Scenario I - Pure Hand to Hand punch on. No super speed.

Scenario II - Anything goes. Sinestro teams up with Hal Jordan.

I know most people probably haven't seen the film, but comic Superhero fans should definitely watch it. Its better than Superman: Doomsday or the Justice League film IMO.

Heres the trailer...

pUcsi66YxL4

Darth Martin
Haven't seen the new film yet. I hear it's good. What kind of constructs does Hal create?

Placidity
Hard to say...he makes a few things. Nothing too fancy though. He made a large construction drill machine thing, and rocket launcher. He'd probably just stick to straight blasts and shields vs SM though.

Darth Martin
Is it worth watching?

As for the thread I don't see why Hal can't win assuming his will power is great enough for his shields not to break on the impact of Kal's punches.

Placidity
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Is it worth watching?

IMO, its worth watching. Its not excellent by any means, but the fact you know who GL is, you would probably find it entertaining. Rated 7.4 on imdb if that means anything...

Darth Martin
Even though I think IMDB is total shit I suppose that's pretty good for a DCAU flick. Can't wait on the Batman/Superman: Public Enemies.

Wei Phoenix
Wouldn't Superman destroy Hal in a h2h fight? I'm assuming he's unable to shield himself or use the ring at all to hit him in that scenario.

Placidity
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Wouldn't Superman destroy Hal in a h2h fight? I'm assuming he's unable to shield himself or use the ring at all to hit him in that scenario.

He can use the ring for the personal shield that is always up and also strength amping.

Darth Martin
Wouldn't Superman destroy Hal in a h2h fight? How? Hal's shields should be is strong as he wills them to be.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Darth Martin
How? Hal's shields should be is strong as he wills them to be.

Did you read the rest of my post? Also it wouldn't be the first time Clark's strength was greater than a GL's willpower.

Placidity
When Hal Jordan absorbed all of the energy of the Lantern Core, he was strong enough to pull two moons (looked like Saturn's, but not sure...) against its orbit, one with each hand...

Thats definitely in league with Superman's lifting feats (however, one should note, Supes was lifting a kryptonite embedded mass, as well as having it in him). A good matchup I say...

Placidity
Also it wouldn't be the first time Clark's strength was greater than a GL's willpower.

Hmmm wink

http://img144.exs.cx/img144/8404/dcpgl1109sa.jpg

Edit: Just noticed Batman is actually laughing. Thats crazy.

Placidity
Delete..

Q'Anilia
Batman should facepalm there. It would've been a lot more awesome. Or simply smirk.

-Pr-
If we're using First Flight Hal vs Routh Superman, then Routh Superman.

If we're talking the comic versions, then things change dramatically.

Placidity
^ Which scenario are you referring to Raoul?

And yea, its Routh...

-Pr-
Originally posted by Placidity
^ Which scenario are you referring to Raoul?

And yea, its Routh...

both, tbh laughing out loud

Impediment
Routh's Superman destroys First Flight GL since Jordan is just a rookie Lantern.

FYI, the GL movie is decent enough to add to your library if you are a fan, I have to admit. However, I was left wanting more.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Impediment
Routh's Superman destroys First Flight GL since Jordan is just a rookie Lantern.

FYI, the GL movie is decent enough to add to your library if you are a fan, I have to admit. However, I was left wanting more.

i think most people felt that way, tbh. though there is the *sigh* ryan reynolds one in the works...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.