ROTJ Sidious vs Dooku and Suited Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kotor3
All out.

Dr McBeefington
All out? I'd have to believe that Sidious' lightning will incapacitate Vader(if not kill him), so it would really end up being Sidious vs. Dooku. I'm not sure if Sidious has picked up a blade since ROTS but it's clear that his force abilities have increased by a considerable margin. With that said, Sidious should be able to keep his distance from Dooku's lightsaber, and get the victory.

Gideon
Well, if TFU is any indication, he still keeps one in his sleeve.

Kotor3
Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
All out? I'd have to believe that Sidious' lightning will incapacitate Vader(if not kill him), so it would really end up Sidious vs. Dooku. I'm not sure if Sidious has picked up a blade since ROTS but it's clear that his force abilities have increased by a considerable margin. With that said, Sidious should be able to keep his distance from Dooku's lightsaber, and get the victory.

Why wouldn't Vader be able to block Sidious lightning with his saber as Mace did in ROTS who was very close to Sidious when he unleashed his force lightning?

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by Kotor3
Why wouldn't Vader be able to block Sidious lightning with his saber as Mace did in ROTS who was very close to Sidious when he unleashed his force lightning? Because Mace was utilizing Vaapad and I believe Sidious' lightning has gotten progressively stronger.

Gideon
Why wouldn't Vader be able to block Sidious lightning with his saber as Mace did in ROTS who was very close to Sidious when he unleashed his force lightning?

A legitimate question.

While Vader is extremely powerful, physically, he lacks the advantage of Vaapad, which is what allowed Mace to not block but deflect the lightning back at Palpatine; it's not as though the bolts were just hitting the lightsaber and couldn't break through, Mace was sending them back. But if the novelization is any indication, the sheer force of Palpatine's bolts were pushing the lightsaber back upon Mace to the point that he was "choking on ozone."

And, lest we forget, Sidious had enough energy to continue. Mace was on the verge of exhaustion.

But there are alternatives: Palpatine could disable Vader via telekinesis, disarm him via telekinesis, give him a thrashing ala Starkiller. Or it's very possible -- given Palpatine's performance in Betrayal -- that he could generate such a storm of lightning that Vader couldn't possibly channel it all into his lightsaber.

Kotor3
Nice answer, I thought Mace was just blocking the attack not deflecting. Since I want to make this a match I will mention this, Vader even though he die was able to do a Kamikaze move on Sidious. Perhaps he could do so again.

Next speculation question is that Yoda was able to block the lightning with his hands due his power in the force, is it a long shot to say that Vader saber might be able to withstand the force lightning due to Vader's strength in the force?

Dr McBeefington
Nice answer, I thought Mace was just blocking the attack not deflecting. Since I want to make this a match I will mention this, Vader even though he die was able to do a Kamikaze move on Sidious. Perhaps he could do so again.

Next speculation question is that Yoda was able to block the lightning with his hands due his power in the force, is it a long shot to say that Vader saber might be able to withstand the force lightning due to Vader's strength in the force?

I think it has more to do with knowledge in the force than actual power, knowledge that Vader doesn't possess. And again, Mace could hardly contain it using Vaapad so Vader stands little chance.

Kotor3
Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
I think it has more to do with knowledge in the force than actual power, knowledge that Vader doesn't possess. And again, Mace could hardly contain it using Vaapad so Vader stands little chance.

I guess the only thing I can add is can Sidious take out Vader quickly enough that Dooku does not be a dangerous distraction. When Sidious decided to used his lightning on Luke to kill him he did not die immediately neither did Vader when he kamikaze.

I would like to think it would not be so easy.

Eminence
Han Solo wins.

Incanus
Sidious would kill Vader ina picosecond, because he has uber lightning as he burned plasteel with one hand.............. Dooku would get a few more feet towards him, but Vader is more powerful than Dooku and Sidious is more powerful than Vader.............

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Incanus
Sidious would kill Vader ina picosecond, because he has uber lightning as he burned plasteel with one hand.............. Dooku would get a few more feet towards him, but Vader is more powerful than Dooku and Sidious is more powerful than Vader............. Oh God...

bane's heart
incanus, your using A>B>C.

Hewhoknowsall
Sidious electrocutes Vader. Vader dies. Sidious electrocutes Dooku. Dooku dies.

Incanus
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Sidious electrocutes Vader. Vader dies. Sidious electrocutes Dooku. Dooku dies. pretty much what i was saying.............. but you cannot deny that Vader is morepowerful than Dooku. And Sidious is the most powerful sith to ever exist, Vader suprised him to kill him.

Rampant ox
Count Dooku would beat Vader though. no expression

Wolverine2179
no

Lord Lucien
Count Dooku beats everyone. Except Revan. He can't stand up to Revan's ambiguity. No one can.

Incanus
Originally posted by Wolverine2179
no for once, i actually agree with him, as Vader(in his suit)is more powerful than before. Dooku lost to him without his suit.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Rampant ox
Count Dooku would beat Vader though. no expression We've already been over this in the biggest thread this forums has to offer. But there's no convincing you so I'll back off.

Does ROTJ Palpatine own a lightsaber?

Lord Lucien
If his TFU self does, then why not?

Darth Martin
I've never played it. Does he use it in the cutscenes or only being controlled? Is he still skilled?

Lord Lucien
Rahm Kota uses the Force to snatch it out of his sleeve, but other than that Palpatine is only seen using his Lightning. The novel may be different, though, and I think it's version of events is the accepted one.

Gideon
He does not use his lightsaber in the novelization or in the comic. But since it's only a couple of years before ANH, we can assume that he does keep it on him.

Rampant ox
Originally posted by Incanus
for once, i actually agree with him, as Vader(in his suit)is more powerful than before. Dooku lost to him without his suit.

No. Count Dooku lost to Anakin Skywalker, a young man at arguably his physical peak. Darth Vader has robotic arms, robotic legs and a life support system keeping him alive. Ergo, your A>B>C argument is rather invalid.

But I'm not debating this issue. Again. As Darth Martin rightfully pointed out, I have already conclusively proved Dooku's superiority in another - rather long - thread. wink

Wolverine2179
Originally posted by Rampant ox

But I'm not debating this issue. Again. As Darth Martin rightfully pointed out, I have already could not prove Dooku's superiority in another - rather long - thread.

Yep.

bayhunter12
dooku & vader win. sidious is strong but he can't stop both of them at the same time. sidious can't target both of them at the same time with his lightning. which means he would be open for an attack from either dooku or vader.

Gideon
Why can't he?

Is Sidious one-armed in this match?

Eminence
Sidious doesn't have arms, numbnuts. *Jinx Forcefield on any comment relating to my mother*

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Eminence
Sidious doesn't have arms, numbnuts. *Jinx Forcefield on any comment relating to my mother* You have a mother? I thought you were just spawned from a sequoia.

Eminence
That's... a fantastic idea. It would give more meaning to the FauNuts!

This must be incorporated.

Jinx Forcefield still stands

Red Nemesis
hurr, faunus's muther is teh ugliez!

You might say she is the ugly stick! eek!

big grin

no expression

Nephthys
http://op-for.com/simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

K-Dog
I think any amount of lightning is going to screw up his robotic suit, just like it did in ROTJ. Sid would exploit this pretty fast if he had two opponents. Even if DV can partially deflect or resist the lightning, it won't be enough. Sid wins.
Now if DV were fully physically intact and had just as many years of Sith training and Dooku was at his peak also, I do not think Sid would stand a chance.

Edit for the next couple of posts: I do not read the EU stuff so if Vader's suit can handle lightning better than the movie then the fight would be fairly close.

Lord Lucien
Of course not. He'd be twice as powerful as Palpatine by then.

Wolverine2179
Originally posted by K-Dog
I think any amount of lightning is going to screw up his robotic suit, just like it did in ROTJ. Sid would exploit this pretty fast if he had two opponents. Even if DV can partially deflect or resist the lightning, it won't be enough. Sid wins.
Now if DV were fully physically intact and had just as many years of Sith training and Dooku was at his peak also, I do not think Sid would stand a chance. Lets just say that starkillers lightning barely affected vader at all(same lightning that killed dozens of storm troopers).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.