Games Made into Anime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
Which videogames would you like to see have an anime series?

danteiscool
Castlevania, just to see how it'll turn out. also God of War, Dead or Alive, and Blazblue.

Quincy
Kingdom Hearts

First_Tsurugi06
Every modern Square-Enix game today feels like it belongs as an anime before a game. I also keep forgetting that Devil May Cry already got an anime. Maybe because it sucked.

Originally posted by danteiscool
Castlevania, just to see how it'll turn out. also God of War, Dead or Alive, and Blazblue.

Wasn't there a Castlevania OVA? Also for the record, DC comics is actually publishing a God of War comic book miniseries.

Anyway, Trauma Center ftw.

XanatosForever
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
Every modern Square-Enix game today feels like it belongs as an anime before a game. I also keep forgetting that Devil May Cry already got an anime. Maybe because it sucked.

Wasn't there a Castlevania OVA? Also for the record, DC comics is actually publishing a God of War comic book miniseries.

Anyway, Trauma Center ftw.

I think you mean Awesome Center...shifty

yungz22
Originally posted by Quincy
Kingdom Hearts

finally someone agrees with me

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by XanatosForever
I think you mean Awesome Center...shifty

Whichever one has...

ZOMBIE CANCER!!! eek!

Kero_Co
Bangai-O
No More Heroes
Trauma Center
Final Fantasy III

Kazenji
Does it have to be japanese only games......

danteiscool
well it does say whatever game you want, so I'm assuming it isn't limited to just japanese games.

occultdestroyer
Any Squaresoft/Square-Enix game
Any game from the 'Tales of' franchise
Metroid
Tekken
King of Fighters
Resident Evil
Silent Hill

I would prefer them to be OVAs rather than TV series.
TV series would drag the storyline far too long, making it overdramatic/boring/confusing.

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by Kazenji
Does it have to be japanese only games......
It's because Japanese games have far superior storylines and character design than their Western counterparts

danteiscool
occultdestroyer does have a good point.

Ridley_Prime
Not really. That's just a matter of opinion.

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Not really. That's just a matter of opinion.
That's not an opinion, that's a fact.

Ask the general consensus of gamers.. They'll give you the same answer.
Pretty obvious, really. Unless you haven't played a Japanese game in your life, which would obviously be impossible if you are a gamer.

Kazenji
Theres plenty of Western games that are far better in plot when compared to japanese games.

Quincy
Maybe it's because Anime is Japanese - so Japanese games would....fit that shit...

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by Kero_Co
Bangai-O
No More Heroes
Trauma Center
Final Fantasy III

Totally forgot about that one. No More Heroes ftMFw.

Originally posted by occultdestroyer
It's because Japanese games have far superior storylines and character design than their Western counterparts

Square-Enix, (some of) Capcom, and whatever dumbasses who made Dead or Alive say otherwise.

Then again, there's Konami and (the other part of) Capcom.

StyleTime

Silent Hill

Excellent series. Which Silent Hill? I'd personally love to see 2 the most. The problem is, I'm not sure if it can be done properly. James's tale might loose some emotional significance when the formal element of interactivity is removed. Other filmic mediums can't readily replicate that.
That's not an opinion, that's a fact.

Ask the general consensus of gamers.. They'll give you the same answer.
Pretty obvious, really. Unless you haven't played a Japanese game in your life, which would obviously be impossible if you are a gamer.
Unless you recently discovered an empirical gauge for story quality, it is not a fact. Popular opinion does not make something fact. You're welcome to show us your data though.

As of now, you've only presented a horrendously biased and limited view of narrative in this particular medium.
Theres plenty of Western games that are far better in plot when compared to japanese games.
thumb up

occultdestroyer
Name me one, just one, Western game title that can rival a Japanese game.

Nemesis X
Name me one, just one, Western game title that can rival a Japanese game.

Mass Effect and Fallout 3. Oh wait that's two.

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Mass Effect and Fallout 3. Oh wait that's two.
Legend of Zelda
Final Fantasy
Super Mario
Chrono Trigger
Chrono Cross
Tales of
Sonic
Mega Man
Castlevania
Shadow of the Colossus
ICO
Street Fighter
Tekken
King of Fighters
Okami
Soul Caliber
Kingdom Hearts
Devil May Cry
Pokemon
Star Ocean
Dragon Quest

erm

First_Tsurugi06
Legend of Zelda
Final Fantasy
Super Mario
Chrono Trigger
Chrono Cross
Tales of
Sonic
Mega Man
Castlevania
Shadow of the Colossus
ICO
Street Fighter
Tekken
King of Fighters
Okami
Soul Caliber
Kingdom Hearts
Devil May Cry
Pokemon
Star Ocean
Dragon Quest

erm

A Given
IX was the last good one
Too many spinoffs for its own good (only two of which are any good)
Dated
Dated
Peaked at Symphonia
Dying
DEAD
Generic
I'll give you that one
That one too (not as much)
And that one
Only better than DoA
Milked more than the Geico cavemen
That I also give you
Peaked at II (CalibUr btw)
Japanese hyperbole with a key, and no lasting appeal.
Shortcoming of every Japanese stereotype sans innocent, buxom moe-style girls
No opinion
No opinion
Overratedness comparable to that of the FPS genre in its entirety

I'll let you realize that you forgot MGS, No More Heroes, and Resident Evil.

Not to mention that Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, and Prince of Persia are better than a good number of those titles.

Wei Phoenix

I'll let you realize that you forgot No More Heroes

You sir are a good man. Oddly enough I hear NMH bombed horribly in Japan.

Kazenji

Not to mention that Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, and Prince of Persia are better than a good number of those titles.

And Half-Life, Legacy of Kain series, Starcraft, Knights of the old republic, God of War, Diablo, Deus Ex.

occultdestroyer
I have to admit..
The Westerners are good at FPS and some adventure games (especially GoW and GTA).

But they have never produced a game from another genre that can even come close to Japanese greats.

Like RPGs, all they have are sub par. They don't even have any RPG to compare to the greatness of Chrono Trigger, which is one of the greatest (if not the greatest) RPGs of all time.

Or Versus games... Heck, even the retro Street Fighter 2 would be better than anything they can throw out for this genre, in 2D or 3D.

First_Tsurugi06
The only adventure series in Japan worth any real mention is Legend of Zelda. Not to mention most of these Japanese greats series you're talking about have waned into shadows of what they were back in the 2D era, if they hadn't already died in the first place. The exceptions are there, but alot of them were milked for all they were worth after the first few (ie Final Fantasy).

Secret of Mana > Chrono Trigger btw.

Bro SMASH

Or Versus games... Heck, even the retro Street Fighter 2 would be better than anything they can throw out for this genre, in 2D or 3D.

Not really, seeing that Mortal Kombat is seen as a rival for Street Fighter.

Quincy

No ****ing way dude

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
Not really, seeing that Mortal Kombat is seen as a rival for Street Fighter.

Was a rival.

occultdestroyer

OMFG!

shock

BLASPHEMY!

First_Tsurugi06
Real-time >>> Turn-based by default imho. Everything has an exception, but imo, only a handful in this case. Call it narrow-minded if you must, but I had come to that conclusion from about twelve years worth of re-evaluation

Wei Phoenix
Real-time >>> Turn-based by default imho. Everything has an exception, but imo, only a handful in this case. Call it narrow-minded if you must, but I had come to that conclusion from about twelve years worth of re-evaluation

Only time Turn-based was cool was when I was in the middle of a fight and I had to leave to catch the bus.

Kazenji
Like RPGs, all they have are sub par. They don't even have any RPG to compare to the greatness of Chrono Trigger,

Like what western RPGs are sub par ???

because theres
-The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind
-Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
-Diablo 2+expansion
-Anything from Bioware
-Deus Ex

Nemesis X
It's only a matter of time until Resident Evil goes anime. The main question about it is when it will appear to the public.

I think Silent Hill being an anime series would do well as long as some members of Team Silent help make it.

Metal Gear Solid needs to have an anime series but it won't happen until Kojima helps to make it. No Kojima = one possibly sucky MGS anime.

I think that maybe there should be some more Dead Space anime. Downfall felt meh to me.

Kazenji
AVP would be good as an anime just play that Capcom game to get a good idea.

animewatcher13
the halo comp looks like it will be good

Hellspawn28
Legacy of Kain if it's done right.

NemeBro
Occultdestroyer stop being a weaboo.

A few that come to mind are Guilty Gear(Was gonna have one, heard it was cancelled), BlazBlue, God of War(Maybe), Legacy of Kain, and hell, Mass Effect(Why nawt?).

OVAs would be preferable.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by NemeBro
hell, Mass Effect(Why nawt?).

What would be interesting is if there were two different DVD sets for the Mass Effect anime. The Blue set if you want to see a good Shepard and a Red set if you want to see an evil Shepard. I wonder how well that would go.

After watching some of Metroid Prime, I'd like to see how well it can do as an anime series. MP does have a manga series so I'm guessing it's only a matter of time until Samus and the gang go anime.

occultdestroyer
Like what western RPGs are sub par ???

because theres
-The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind
-Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
-Diablo 2+expansion
-Anything from Bioware
-Deus Ex
sick

Elder Scrolls sucked so much.
The storyline... is just.. shit I don't even have a word for it.

Diablo 2?
How in the blue hell could that even be comparable to such greats as Chrono Trigger?? O_o
It's not even as good as Tales of Eternia 2 or Legend of Dragoon.

occultdestroyer
Occultdestroyer stop being a weaboo.
F**k Rule 44

KingD19
Halo: Legends the anime was just shown, it was a few clips from the 1st of 7 eps, called The Babysitter.

NemeBro
sick

Elder Scrolls sucked so much.
The storyline... is just.. shit I don't even have a word for it.

Diablo 2?
How in the blue hell could that even be comparable to such greats as Chrono Trigger?? O_o
It's not even as good as Tales of Eternia 2 or Legend of Dragoon. Elder Scrolls is not about plot, it is about immersion in a vast world. Which Morrowind mastered.

Diablo 2 is not even an RPG...

KingD19
Oblivion rocked out loud.

Bro SMASH
I wanna see someone make an Ace Attorney anime.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
I wanna see someone make an Ace Attorney anime.

I think Ace Attorney has a manga series so I wouldn't be surprised if it gets an Anime series as well.

Kazenji

Diablo 2 is not even an RPG...

How so?

i remember it as an RPG..........hell it even has a experience bar

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
:
Diablo 2?
It's not even as good as Tales of Eternia 2 or Legend of Dragoon.

Its heaps better then Legend of Dragoon.....fcuken weeboo.

LLLLLink
To hell with that! Legend of Dragoon was made of pure God-win.

Kazenji
Yeah and also who had Game of the year and also sold quicker?

Diablo 2

nuff said.

Pyron_Express
Legend Of Dragoon
Breath of fire
Okami
Lamento

Esomark
Vanguard Bandits looked like it had perfect potential to be an anime, especially in the vein of Escaflowne. Too bad the game kinda bombed.

Dominic EX
THere are already lots of games turned into anime like:
Ragnarok
Tales of Eternia and other Tales of... Series
Sengoku Basara
Final Fantasy
Tekken
Pokemon

Esomark
Ragnarok started as a manhwa series back in 1995. The game came much later.

yungz22
Once again i shall mention KINGGGDOMMM HEARTS(Xemnas' voice) yes

KingD19
Dante's Inferno

Halo Series

Nemesis X
No More Heroes definately needs an Anime series. Animes these days usually have Otaku characters and one being a badass assassin with a beam katana is a must have.

KingD19
Originally posted by Nemesis X
No More Heroes definately needs an Anime series. Animes these days usually have Otaku characters and one being a badass assassin with a beam katana is a must have.

That would be awesome, and with an anime, they could flesh out all the characters, show some backstory, etc...

Astner
I'm not too found of crossing media formats, it rarely turns out to be any good. You can't write a film in the same manner you write a novel. There are some decent adaption, but those rely heavily on alterations which more often than not reducing the story.

The reason people do cross formats is to keep the title so that they can make more money of it.

FinalAnswer
An anime of Marathon in which the story was not ****ed sideways. **** Halo.

An anime of Jak and Daxter (Needz original voice actors)

Possibly a Resident Evil or Silent Hill anime.

Kento
Neverwinter Nights
Ico
Shadow of the Colossus
Metal Gear Solid

And more than likely The Last Guardian will be something that needs to have an anime.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.