cyclops vs wolverine(death)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wild Shadow
battle takes place in the weapon X compound and the canadian woods during a canadian winter. both logan and cyke were kidnapped and force to fight each other to the death. logan's daughter amiko is being held captive and will be killed if he fails to kill cyclops. cyclops has bn told that if he fails to kill, ko logan, emma frost will be killed.

terrain: weapon x building and the canadian woods packed trees and creeks with heavy snow fall during a snow storm. during a sunset.
cyclops starts immediately outside the weapon X compound logan in the woods.

1. no visor removal must find and engage each other.
2. visor removal and logan(death)
3. pure h2h no powers logan loses his adamantium, claws and HF factor.
4. same as above but both are blind folded.

Eternal Idol
1. Wolverine
2. Cyclops
3. Wolverine
4. Wolverine

I'm not voting on the poll because the available choices don't suit the different scenarios.

Wild Shadow
yeah, i was, am kinda tired pretty much gave up on the thread poll.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
battle takes place in the weapon X compound and the canadian woods during a canadian winter. both logan and cyke were kidnapped and force to fight each other to the death. logan's daughter amiko is being held captive and will be killed if he fails to kill cyclops. cyclops has bn told that if he fails to kill, ko logan, emma frost will be killed.

terrain: weapon x building and the canadian woods packed trees and creeks with heavy snow fall during a snow storm. during a sunset.
cyclops starts immediately outside the weapon X compound logan in the woods.

1. Cyclops
2. Cyclops
3. Logan
4. Logan

Ptr_Grifin
I thought I saw a scan of Death Wolverine charging Cyclops, and Scott couldn't put him down.

Ptr_Grifin
Found it.

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/5821/axmch00314.jpg

Wild Shadow
logan can make use of this terrain to take out cyke i would think. i really see logan having a better shot against cyke with stealth on his side.

-Pr-
funny how his visor is still on in that scan. ermm

Ptr_Grifin
How does the visor hinder him?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Ptr_Grifin
How does the visor hinder him?

eek!

Haven't you heard of "OFF MY LAWN!!!" blast?

Ptr_Grifin
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
eek!

Yes, it seemed like a wide spread optic blast. But I figured, with the visor, he could concentrate that energy into a more focused blast instead of it wasting it on things other than the target.

Wild Shadow
eek!

you mean when he used his blast to remove about an inch or two of sod an a sentinel. roll eyes (sarcastic)

peejayd

1. depends who finds the other first... most probably Wolverine
2. Cyclops
3. Wolverine
4. i think, Cyclops...

Found it.

Originally posted by -Pr-
funny how his visor is still on in that scan. ermm

* means it's not the "full-powered" mega super wtf omni ultra "get off my lawn" a$$-kicking blast... stick out tongue

Battlehammer
Originally posted by peejayd
1. depends who finds the other first... most probably Wolverine
2. Cyclops
3. Wolverine
4. i think, Cyclops...

Wolverine is one of the best trackers on the planet.......cyclopes is not.

4)? Wolverine a far better fighter and an expert on fighting blind folded.

guy222
Death wins

Mshinu
1: Logan
2: Cyke takes out the entire forest
3: Logan
4: Logan

Drifter
Found it.
That's some ridiculous PIS. Cyclops' beams are concussive force, so Wolverine walking through the blast like that is basically like walking along the train track and through an oncoming train.

Juk3n
Found it.

PIS

No one DARE argue.

Weight of a Sentinal >>>> Weight of a Wolverine.

Mshinu
Originally posted by Juk3n
PIS

No one DARE argue.

Weight of a Sentinal >>>> Weight of a Wolverine.

There is a blind spot in Cyke`s blast that Wolvie exploits there...

Juk3n
Originally posted by Mshinu
There is a blind spot in Cyke`s blast that Wolvie exploits there...

it looks like it hits him full on, and he's wading through it, he's even got his arm up as if its protecting his face, also leading us to the conclusion it is hitting him. Not too mention all the terrain flying around..

Blind spot or not, that scan is a PIS scan

Mshinu
Originally posted by Juk3n
it looks like it hits him full on, and he's wading through it, he's even got his arm up as if its protecting his face, also leading us to the conclusion it is hitting him. Not too mention all the terrain flying around..

Blind spot or not, that scan is a PIS scan

The blind spot is how it was explained, it is of course no way Deathverine could force his way the direct power of that blast.

Call it PIS if you will, I don`t care either way

peejayd
Originally posted by Battlehammer
Wolverine is one of the best trackers on the planet.......cyclopes is not.

* you're arguing on #1 on this one? finding and engaging one another? i said it's Wolverine... it's more probable he would win, giving Cyke a slight chance... and that slight chance is a KO for Logan because if Cyke spots him, he's out...

* and yes, the "Death scan" is a PIS scan...

4)? Wolverine a far better fighter

* true...

and an expert on fighting blind folded.

* this i don't know... confused

Wild Shadow
ppl should take terrain into account... it gives both of them an equal chance to win or lose. snow storm, packed trees and streams. use of terrain or lack of it can make it a major difference here...

i can see logan using stealth and i can see scott blasting the treeline.

i can see the weather screwing with logans senses and scotts line of sight.

the cold weather screwing with scotts body and logan using it as cover.. soooo many variables that should be taken into account.

StiltmanFTW

Chopsum
1. 50/50 split logan has some skills but if Cyclops catches him then lose.
2. Cyclops
3. Wolverine
4. Wolverine

Ptr_Grifin
Maybe the powers of Death give Logan more different powers. Hulk as War had energy around his feet that allowed him to stop Juggernaut. It wasn't like War suddenly got heavy or strength was a huge part in that. Juggs could push an adamantium statue around forever, and it would never bend or buckle. It was the power of the celestials at work there.

So maybe that same power was at work in that scan with Death and Cyclops. Something else was at work other than Logans muscle.

-Pr-
Yes, it seemed like a wide spread optic blast. But I figured, with the visor, he could concentrate that energy into a more focused blast instead of it wasting it on things other than the target.

it doesn't work that way.

Wild Shadow
actually pretty sure that was one of the things that was pointed out about the visor for yrs aside from just containing his optic blast.
removing his visor would just cause his blast to give a less directed focused blast. his visor removal although impressive looking i believe loses much of its concentrated force and effectiveness.

Eternal Idol
actually pretty sure that was one of the things that was pointed out about the visor for yrs aside from just containing his optic blast.
removing his visor would just cause his blast to give a less directed focused blast. his visor removal although impressive looking i believe loses much of its concentrated force and effectiveness.
That doesn't sound right. Visor removal, regardless of the spread, should be at max power.

Wild Shadow
you ever spray a water hose? turned the knobs setting and create a high pressure stream?

Eternal Idol
you ever spray a water hose? turned the knobs setting and create a high pressure stream?
hysterical

I know you didn't just compare Cyclops full optic blast to a garden hose....

..... right? erm

Mshinu
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
hysterical

I know you didn't just compare Cyclops full blast to a garden hose....

..... right? erm

Only Emma gets to do that...

-Pr-

no offence, but it's not that way at all.

because his field of vision and blast are bigger than the slit in the visor, a decent portion of the blast is either going to be absorbed or reflected back by the ruby quartz lining.

while it's true that in the past it's been said that cyclops can go full power with his visor on, it's simply inconsistent with his powerset, and also contradicts the fact that on a couple of occasions, he felt forced to remove his visor to use all of his power (onslaught, the sentinel etc).

Metalmanx
1. Cyclops.
2. Cyclops.
3. Wolverine.
4. Wolverine 7/10.

Tha C-Master
Found it.

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/5821/axmch00314.jpg The epic scan!! That was the death Wolverine that *some* people were saying wasn't amped at all when he was a Horseman? Either he was or that is an utterly ridiculous showing.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
The epic scan!! That was the death Wolverine that *some* people were saying wasn't amped at all when he was a Horseman? Either he was or that is an utterly ridiculous showing.

1. Armor.

2. There's a blind spot in his blast.

Tha C-Master
1. Armor.

2. There's a blind spot in his blast. My point was that he was enhanced, but some said he was just normal Wolverine, he took out a group of Xmen in that arc if I recall.

Battlehammer
* you're arguing on #1 on this one? finding and engaging one another? i said it's Wolverine... it's more probable he would win, giving Cyke a slight chance... and that slight chance is a KO for Logan because if Cyke spots him, he's out...

* and yes, the "Death scan" is a PIS scan...

* true...

* this i don't know... confused
never said the death scan is not pis, but if Logan does not want to be seen cyclopes aint seeing him.

yes wolverine has trained to fight blind. He an expert at it and has taken it to some good fighters while unable to see.

Battlehammer
My point was that he was enhanced, but some said he was just normal Wolverine, he took out a group of Xmen in that arc if I recall.

He was never phsycially enhanced. He was given weapons and psi blockers

Tha C-Master
Didn't Logan train Cyclops on how to fight blind?

Tha C-Master
He was never phsycially enhanced. He was given weapons and psi blockers Is that not an enhancement to you?

Battlehammer
Is that not an enhancement to you?
It not enahncements to his body was the entire point me jinzin, or srank ever made. He was given armor with psi blockers, and a adamatium sword and a bomb or two, asside from that he was given nothing, no increased strength, speed ect.

Battlehammer

perhaps I can't remeber

Tha C-Master
Do you think he naturally stands up to the blast?Originally posted by Battlehammer
perhaps I can't remeber I think he did actually, I remember reading about it somewhere.

Battlehammer
Do you think he naturally stands up to the blast? I think he did actually, I remember reading about it somewhere.
I not sure, he has explained that he knows of a blind spot in the blast, and one of the reason he was such a danger to the x-men as death was not due to his powers, but how well he knew his temates powers. He also taken full power shots with out the armor before as well.

I would not be surprized if he did train scot how to fight blind.

Tha C-Master
Could you remind me on your stance with a standard Wolverine vs. Cyclops match? I can't remember your current verdict.

Battlehammer
Could you remind me on your stance with a standard Wolverine vs. Cyclops match? I can't remember your current verdict.

depends on the scenerio and how much cis effects scot.

with out cis scot just takes the visor off for the win.

StiltmanFTW
It not enahncements to his body was the entire point me jinzin, or srank ever made. He was given armor with psi blockers, and a adamatium sword and a bomb or two, asside from that he was given nothing, no increased strength, speed ect.

That sword wasn't made of adamantium.

peejayd

* i think not... i think Cyke has much pride than that... i think he trained himself, incorporated the fighting styles of his teammates as seen on comics where he defeated 6 tugs eyes closed... smile

-Pr-
* i think not... i think Cyke has much pride than that... i think he trained himself, incorporated the fighting styles of his teammates as seen on comics where he defeated 6 tugs eyes closed... smile

aye, he learned from everyone. he even says so in the comic itself.

Wild Shadow
That sword wasn't made of adamantium.

what was it made of them? confused

StiltmanFTW
what was it made of them? confused

We don't know, but do you really believe that a new adamantium sword would be chipped like that?

And Apoc didn't have tons of that metal, he had to take it from Sabretooth.

Wild Shadow
We don't know, but do you really believe that a new adamantium sword would be chipped like that?

And Apoc didn't have tons of that metal, he had to take it from Sabretooth.

i have to reread the series 'cause i dont remember the sword chipping but, your logic seems flawless. i guess it could have bn some alien tech made up of the same material as arch angels wings or something some techno metal

peejayd
Originally posted by -Pr-
aye, he learned from everyone. he even says so in the comic itself.

* agreed...

http://www.mutanthigh.com/games/martialarts/fight6.html

Tha C-Master
An actual use of "MA", good to see that every once in a while, I guess everyone did play a part of it, though I thought Logan did most of it at first.

peejayd
An actual use of "MA", good to see that every once in a while, I guess everyone did play a part of it, though I thought Logan did most of it at first.

* proves Cyke is not the X-men leader for nothing... smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.