Hulk or the Incredible Hulk?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

maham
Which one did you prefer?I liked Hulk better.Loved Eric bana.Edward Norton doesn't do that well a job according to me.

Alpha Centauri
Edward Norton did an amazing job, better than Bana.

However, both movies have positives.

Ang Lee's Hulk was a great cinematic work, and it captured a lot of the drama and psychology of Hulk's story. I think The Incredible Hulk didn't do that as well, but it came closer to balancing it with the time it had. Given three hours, as Lee's was, it would have surpassed it I feel.

I prefer it, but Ang Lee's Hulk is by no means poor.

-AC

roughrider
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Edward Norton did an amazing job, better than Bana.

However, both movies have positives.

Ang Lee's Hulk was a great cinematic work, and it captured a lot of the drama and psychology of Hulk's story. I think The Incredible Hulk didn't do that as well, but it came closer to balancing it with the time it had. Given three hours, as Lee's was, it would have surpassed it I feel.

I prefer it, but Ang Lee's Hulk is by no means poor.

-AC

Sums it up. The first Hulk has a lot of virtues - and the feats done by Hulk were more impressive there - but it was undone by Ang Lee's overkill of style, with the parallel image cuts which got old after the first act. The second one, by being more conventional felt closer to the Marvel comic. And the Hulk was better shaped, body wise.

Dreampanther
They should have swopped Tim Roth and Edward Norton - Tim Roth is one of the most brilliant, fantastic actors of our generation - he would have played a neurotic, conflicted Bruce Banner to perfection, based on his previous roles like The Legend of 1900

-

while Edward Norton would have made a good baddie, based on his action roles as in American History X.

BruceSkywalker
both are crap, but Norton slightly better

Badabing
I didn't mind either movie. It just stinks that Marvel was unable to make a film the caliber of Iron Man for a franchise character like Hulk.

Premium
The new one is awesome, second to Iron Man.

Mindship
"The Incredible Hulk" (2nd one) was a better story and tighter film, and I liked Norton a little better than Bana (I wasn't particularly impressed with either). But "The Hulk" had better Hulk feats and overall better cast.

When the 2nd one is on tv, I may or may not watch it.
When the 1st one is on, I remember when the cool parts are and almost certainly will watch them.

lft4ded
I preferred the The Hulk. I found the story more engaging as it dealt more with the psychology of the Hulk. I thought the bit at the end with the screaming on the platform a little zany but overall I liked all aspects of it more.

Kazenji
the Incredible Hulk

i got alot more out of it.

BUSTER1
The Incredible Hulk for me.

chomperx9
agreed incredible hulk was more fun to watch

maham
Sad.Looks like I belong to some other world. LOL!

ankur29
i liked both

1st one had cool hulk , who bit teh missile threw teh tank , leapt and ran fast
2nd cool fight with abomination

they shoud lof just done a sequel for the 1st and saved time and money

...explaling the growing hulk could be dealth with by saing his power wasn't stabilized and that now he stays his orginal height but strength increases with rage

Darth Martin
Both have there pros and cons. Neither are bad and neither are certainly great.

Both have great action when Hulk fights the military.

But Hulk (2003) is poor b/c of the long runtime. The Incredible Hulk (2008) just has some flat out cheesy and cringeworthy dialogue delivered by Liv Tyler.

Darth Macabre
...are people serious in this thread?

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Both have there pros and cons. Neither are bad and neither are certainly great.

Both have great action when Hulk fights the military.

But Hulk (2003) is poor b/c of the long runtime. The Incredible Hulk (2008) just has some flat out cheesy and cringeworthy dialogue delivered by Liv Tyler.

Liv Tyler was terrible in that movie I dont know if it was lines she was giving or she just cant act but terrible.

kgkg
The Incredible Hulk was better.

Ms.Marvel
i preferred the hulk. i liked the story better.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Darth Macabre

About what ?

xJLxKing
The second Hulk, but I liked the actors in Hulk much more

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Kazenji
About what ? Their opinions. I'll leave it ambiguous to what I mean because I don't want to cause a stir.

Alpha Centauri
How very not-cowardly of you.

-AC

Darth Macabre
How very not-cowardly of you.

-AC Why thank you. There's no point in bashing someone's opinion, when, truth be told, I don't really care about it either way. You may call it cowardly, I'll just call it apathy and laziness.

maham
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
i preferred the hulk. i liked the story better. yes

Alpha Centauri
Why thank you. There's no point in bashing someone's opinion, when, truth be told, I don't really care about it either way. You may call it cowardly, I'll just call it apathy and laziness.

Then your apathy should have let you come to the conclusion that saying nothing is better. Better than saying you're going to say nothing.

-AC

Darth Macabre
Then your apathy should have let you come to the conclusion that saying nothing is better. Better than saying you're going to say nothing.

-AC Not really. I answered a question, and by not saying anything after "Their opinions," I would have, in all likelihood, been asked another question to explain myself.

Ms.Marvel
then why say this?

that contradicts apathy. as you obviously cared enough to say something on the matter.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
then why say this?

that contradicts apathy. as you obviously cared enough to say something on the matter. I said apathy and laziness to causing a stir. Or at least that's why I meant. When it comes down to it, I don't care enough to argue for my opinion since its about movies, its hard to justify someone else being wrong/right when its that subjective.

Edit: I don't want to derail this thread any further, so go back to the discussion.

SpaceMonkey
The Incredible Hulk was leaps millions of times better than Ang Lee's raping of the character.

The story in the first movie was crap, revolving around a dad and his mutant dogs. I stopped caring about Banner halfway through.

The second movie had a story that kept going toward something more real whilst simultaneously incorporating Iron Man AND Captain America. It stands well as a solo movie, but the fact that it intertwines so much of the upcoming Avengers storyline made it GREAT!

Eric Bana is a good actor, no doubt, but he was out of his element in that movie. Norton has proved time and time again that he is one the best actors in Hollywood. Tim Roth was awesome also. He played Emil Blonsky perfectly! I liked this movie better than Iron Man, which I also loved.

Alpha Centauri
He didn't rape the character.

If anything, he nailed the psychological and emotional element more.

-AC

SpaceMonkey
Rape/Nailing the psychological and emotional element more... tomato/tomatoe. Haha

OK, I may have been too harsh. He didn't rape it, but he didn't do it justice, in my humble opinion of course.

maham
He didn't rape the character.

If anything, he nailed the psychological and emotional element more.

-AC
true

starlock
I liked both..and found good points and bad in each....overall i find i would watch The incredible hulk more often than Hulk by Lee

Wolfie
I liked Incredible Hulk better but Hulk is by no means bad.

Hulk definitely nailed the psychology of the Hulk better. I could've done without the dog fight. It was better cast too for the most part. Eric Bana played Bruce Banner differently, but very well in his own way.

Incredible Hulk was more fun to watch, had better effects, and fit the original stories better. Edward Norton nailed Bruce Banner. As far as General Ross and Betty, I preferred the first's casting.
Originally posted by ankur29
they shoud lof just done a sequel for the 1st and saved time and money
I'd like to think of The Incredible Hulk as an inconsistent sequel. The origin is different in each movie. But where Hulk ended in South America with Banner on the run, Incredible Hulk began in South America with Banner on the run.

maham
I just watched the Incredible Hulk(this time with a better print) and I found:

-Norton's a cardboard Bruce Banner.He doesn't bring that depth to it like Eric did.Maybe because it wasn't much about his psycology but still I don't think he matches up the character's sheer strength.His sleek and frail body and meek voice sometimes looked comical to me.

-Liv Tyler is almost always breathless for no reason.Looks like she didn't get out of Arwen.Her dialogue delivery is not good as compared to Jenny's.

-General Ross is more of a wimp than a General.He's not threatening at all like the HUlk one.

-The action was ok.Since I'm not much of an action fan I can't really tell how good it was.I found it comical sometimes.But it was ok.

-The music isn't that memorable.The Hulk's theme got stuck with me.It was good and different.I can still recall it.

Davis Bloome
TIH is closer to what I wanted from a Hulk film, and the casting was spot on for all characters, imo. I really enjoyed the action, and the fact that we got to see the Hulk go up against both the military & the Abomination, who got a badass redesign.

jinXed by JaNx
I think both movies have their strong points. Ang Lees, Hulk really isn't a bad movie and aside from a few bad decisions it is a very good movie. The only thing that Kept Ang Lee's Hulk from reaching it's full potential was it's pacing and the lack of a fully developed villain. I also think the Hulk could have been toned down a bit. His leaping abilities were a bit much but again the only real problem with the movie was the fact that, Hulk and Banner didn't have a defined antagonist. It seemed that the military was going to be the main enemy but considering that they offered no real threat to the Hulk there was no sense of struggle there. When the real villain was finally identified and introduced, the movie was over.

The Incredible Hulk felt much more like the incredible Hulk. It felt like the story was centered more on the Incredible Hulk and giving fans what they wanted, rather than focusing on some internal, duality struggle that most fans didn't care about. the only problem i had with this one was the lack of development between Betty and Banner as well the development of Blonskys; character, but these are minor gripes that didn't effect the overall quality of the movie. This one had everything the fans yearned for...,great effects, badass action, top notch acting and casting and a classic villain. The only real disappointment with this movie is the lack of success it had. finally, someone listened to what the fans demanded and when it was delivered, the fans seemed to turn their back.

Mr. Rhythmic
"Hulk" was shit. "Incredible Hulk" was everything I wanted in a Hulk film.

Alpha Centauri
Both had great points.

If you add them together you'd get the perfect Hulk movie. Both of them captured the two major elements of his character perfectly. Ang Lee nailed the psychological side, Louis Leterrier nailed the action side.

Not to say Ang Lee is incapable of doing action, I just don't think there was enough to fill a three hour movie. The scene with the tanks remains awesome, though.

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.