bane vs dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

~:Mr.Anderson:~
no orbies.

Incanus
Bane has the more proficient use of lightning as far as i know He also has knowledge of every form that was taught in his era. He wins.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Incanus
Bane has the more proficient use of lightning as far as i know He also has knowledge of every form that was taught in his era. He wins. You're a f*cking moron.

Nephthys
I see the well of patience has run dry.

Lord Lucien
It's only useful when the tapper switches to bottled water after a while, not drain the whole thing.

Eminence
Lord Lucien
You're a f*cking moron. crylaugh

Bane has the more proficient use of lightning as far as i know He also has knowledge of every form that was taught in his era. He wins. dooku has mastered all and chosen makashi to specialize in. He also has as good if not better lightning than you precious force god.

ares834
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
You're a f*cking moron.
Finally it was said! Anyhow, Bane will probably lose this fight given that Dooku's saber mastery is highly impressive allowing him to outduel even Mace, he was also very gifted in the force and was very proficent at TK allowing him to effortlessly knock back Anakin and choke Obi-Wan who he then throws like a doll.

Wolverine2179
Incanus, just gtfo already, i'm not the only thats annoyed with you.

Incanus
Where did it say that Dooku was able to outduel Mace? havnt seen that anywhere.......... But es, Dooku is a very good lightsaber duelist, and the besst lightsaber fencer in the jedi order. I think.......

RaidenDeadpool
Where did it say that Dooku was able to outduel Mace? havnt seen that anywhere.......... But es, Dooku is a very good lightsaber duelist, and the besst lightsaber fencer in the jedi order. I think.......

Just read anywhere and you'll see that Dooku had beaten Mace in his Jedi years.

Dooku is one of the best duelists of the whole damn story. He's in the same tier as Yoda, Mace, Pissed Vader, and Sids. Hell he's disposed of Kenobi another formidable duelist twice.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by RaidenDeadpool
Just read anywhere and you'll see that Dooku had beaten Mace in his Jedi years.

Dooku is one of the best duelists of the whole damn story. He's in the same tier as Yoda, Mace, Pissed Vader, and Sids. Hell he's disposed of Kenobi another formidable duelist twice.

Overkill man.

As a duelist, he's a tier below those four and he didn't dispose of Kenobi by use of his lightsaber. Just saying.

Eminence
Go Slash.

You will join the ranks of the NutRiders. Congratulations.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Eminence
Go Slash.

You will join the ranks of the NutRiders. Congratulations.

Oh shit. How do I resign?

Eminence
You have to legitimately be wrong a lot. Like, without trying to be wrong, because then technically you wouldn't really be wrong because you don't actually think the thing that's wrong.

See what I did there?

Slash_KMC
But... I'm never wrong.

You trapped me!

Eminence
There is no escape.

bayhunter12
dooku wins due to his superior knowledge of the force and his skills with a lightsaber.

RaidenDeadpool
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
Overkill man.

As a duelist, he's a tier below those four and he didn't dispose of Kenobi by use of his lightsaber. Just saying.

Combat is combat. Not to mention he was duelling Skywalker while he did it.

He is in the top tier. Get over it.

And he's one of the best actors ever and a knight.

Go Slash.

You will join the ranks of the NutRiders. Congratulations. hey your pretty hawt how do i get on that list?

Eminence
Ride my nuts, dude. Just ride my nuts.

Agree with me on stuff a lot.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by RaidenDeadpool
Combat is combat. Not to mention he was duelling Skywalker while he did it.

He is in the top tier. Get over it.

You weren't talking about combat in general, you were talking about duelling. You're a fencer right? So you should have seen that Dooku didn't outduel Kenobi, but rather used the Force on him because he couldn't get through his duelling defenses.

And what the hell, get over it?? I didn't say he wasn't in the top tier, I said he was below those four you mentioned.

Ride my nuts, dude. Just ride my nuts.

Agree with me on stuff a lot. welll... i haven't ever seen you wrong since your "mr. shatterpoint" days, so i guess I already do that... what are you doing tonight?

Eminence
welll... i haven't ever seen you wrong since your "mr. shatterpoint" days, so i guess I already do that... what are you doing tonight? Ah, Mr. Shatterpoint. Good times.

You're on the list, btw. Don't disappoint me. no expression

Unfortunately, tonight I'm out recruiting for Al-Qaeda Kim Jong Il the Obamanauts America.

Nephthys
Why is DS on the list?

Eminence
You kidding me? He's been riding the FauNuts all week.

Slash_KMC
Judas was also one of the 12 Apostles.

Eminence
DS isn't good enough to pull of the Judas Maneuver. That requires an IQ of 148, a Private Pilot's Certificate, a cumulative 4.0, and training as a Systems Administrator.

Lord Lucien
Seriously, the hell is the FauNuts? I'm not that bad of a guy...

Or am I?

Red Nemesis
12!>13

Eminence
Lord Lucien
Seriously, the hell is the FauNuts?See, DS accuses many people who agree with me of "riding nuts." He asked if you were "riding nuts" when you "coughed" in the Maul thread. Now, anyone who agrees with me is riding my nuts. The FauNuts , get it? So those riding nuts are nut riders, and since they're riding FauNuts they're the FauNutRiders.

Yes.

Red Nemesis
13!>12!

Lord Lucien
See, DS accuses many people who agree with me of "riding nuts." He asked if you were "riding nuts" when you "coughed" in the Maul thread. Now, anyone who agrees with me is riding my nuts. The FauNuts , get it? So those riding nuts are nut riders, and since they're riding FauNuts they're the FauNutRiders. Wicked cool. I have to go find this thread now.

EDIT: Screw it, I can't find it.

Eminence
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=512324&pagenumber=5

So it evolved into a Maul thread... same difference.

Slash_KMC
Huh, I don't remember agreeing with Faunus.

Wolverine2179
lol faunuts

Lord Lucien
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=512324&pagenumber=5

So it evolved into a Maul thread... same difference. Well whadya know, I didn't think he responded to that. And I definitely didn't think it would be so indignant. So[/I[ the drama!

Darth Sevius
Originally posted by ~:Mr.Anderson:~
dooku has mastered all and chosen makashi to specialize in. He also has as good if not better lightning than you precious force god.

Provide the evidence the Dooku has "mastered" every form. Having knowledge and mastering are two different things.

DrunknClockwork
You weren't talking about combat in general, you were talking about duelling. You're a fencer right? So you should have seen that Dooku didn't outduel Kenobi, but rather used the Force on him because he couldn't get through his duelling defenses.
You know, you can't simply use force attacks whenever you want while you're in the middle of lightsaber combat. You have to create an opening and in order to create an opening you have to outduel your opponent.
Plus, in ROTS he also had Anakin against him. So the faster he could get rid of Kenobi the more energy he would have left to face Anakin and try to bring him to the dark side. So it was certainly more advantageous to flick his wrist (which led to Kenobi being unconscious under some steel walkway a couple of seconds later) than tiring more and more in a lightsaber duel against the two Jedi.
In AOTC he DID beat him in a strict lightsaber duel, because he simply had time to do so thanks to Anakin being as stupid as bread.

Originally posted by ~:Mr.Anderson:~
My assumption of mastery comes from the claim that he can outduel mace, when mace has mastered all 7.
And where does it say that Mace mastered all 7 forms?

Incanus
I remember reading in the Bane novels that he used lightning and the force in general alot during combat....... Lightsaber combat, a little less, but he still acitvely used it. Cant provide an example of it because havnt read the books in about a year, so will get one when i can.

Slash_KMC

Incanus
Wait, he wasnt a master in AOTC? I just assumed Dooku was uber with a lightsaber or something........ When was his prime then?

Slash_KMC
His prime was in RotS, he improved a lot during the war.

DrunknClockwork
Wait, who are you?
Some guy, nice to meet you. smile

Watch the scene again. He blocked Kenobi's and Anakin's attack and then forcefully broke the clinch thus creating a small opening against both of them. Now, since it's not easy to decapitate someone WHILE you apply a precise kick on another one, he then proceeded to apply a force choke on Kenobi in order to render him immobile for the small time that he shifted his focus on Anakin.
If Anakin hadn't been there, then Kenobi would've lost his head.

Seeing how Dooku didn't use the force on AotC Kenobi ALTHOUGH Kenobi was, as you said, far from his prime and taking into account the competitive nature of the Count, then yes I do think that he wouldn't have used the force on RotS Kenobi if they had fought alone.

Yes, technically Dooku didn't dispose of Kenobi via a lightsaber but my point stands: There is nothing that suggests that he couldn't if Anakin wouldn't be there.

No problem.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by DrunknClockwork
Watch the scene again. He blocked Kenobi's and Anakin's attack and then forcefully broke the clinch thus creating a small opening against both of them. Now, since it's not easy to decapitate someone WHILE you apply a precise kick on another one, he then proceeded to apply a force choke on Kenobi in order to render him immobile for the small time that he shifted his focus on Anakin.
If Anakin hadn't been there, then Kenobi would've lost his head.

Seeing how Dooku didn't use the force on AotC Kenobi ALTHOUGH Kenobi was, as you said, far from his prime and taking into account the competitive nature of the Count, then yes I do think that he wouldn't have used the force on RotS Kenobi if they had fought alone.

Yes, technically Dooku didn't dispose of Kenobi via a lightsaber but my point stands: There is nothing that suggests that he couldn't if Anakin wouldn't be there.

Well, I wasn't arguing Dooku VS Kenobi in a lightsaber fight. I was actually just stating the fact that in that fight, Dooku didn't get rid of Kenobi by outduelling him.

Plus, according to the novelization, Dooku was using the Force throughout the battle by throwing stuff at the pair, so it was definately not a lightsaber only fight.
And the main reason why he decided to use the Force to take Kenobi out, was because the Jedi began to wear down his defenses (because they changed their Saber style mid-battle).

Eminence
Well, this is explicitly shown to not be in the movie, so... yeah.

I win.

Slash_KMC
Well, this is explicitly shown to not be in the movie, so... yeah.

I win.

That duel was also supposed to be one of the longest in the saga. You blink and miss it in the movie.

DrunknClockwork
If it's not in the movie, then it doesn't matter. smile

Well, I wasn't arguing Dooku VS Kenobi in a lightsaber fight. I was actually just stating the fact that in that fight, Dooku didn't get rid of Kenobi by outduelling him.
I just wanted to clarify that Dooku > Kenobi in lightsaber combat, so people would not try to put them in the same tier.

So if there's nothing to argue then I will rest my case.

Lord Lucien
Who is this guy?

Eminence
I think he might be a legit new member.

That, or Nebaris is being cheap.

Hmmm...

Slash_KMC
He's new, but doesn't act noobish. That's quite refreshing actually.

Don't think it's Nebaris.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.