Bionic Commando

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
I picked up this game at Gamestop last week.

It's ok so far.

So far i've played like an hour of it and it's been fun. It has a spiderman like rope to his mech arm he has, and shooting's on point.

I'll just have to get more into it before i make a full judgement on it and give it a rightfull score.

Graphics are kinda sick too.

S_D_J
I finished it like a month ago. It's fun, a bit frustrating at times (when those pesky air mechs gang up on you) but quite entertaining. If you timed your swings right you can brezze through a level in no time (except when you have to kill every enemy for a door to open). Some of the guns are unnecesary (except for getting achivements/trophies) while others are fun to use.

What I hated it's that you have to get every collectible (and all challenges) in one play through. Even though you can choose to replay a level, if wont save any collectible or challenge (or achivement for that matter). Some collectibles are downright annoying. not to mention that you can't die when you get any collectible, until you reach a checkpoint, or you'll have to do it all over again.

there's one boss fight I loved (the worm) and few sequence that are pretty well done. the final boss (and the subsequent level) are a bit of a let down, though.

the graphics are pretty (the garden levels are beautiful), though it hurts that draw distances are not loaded until you stop moving the camera.
The voice work is good as well.

I'd give it a 7/10

Neo Darkhalen
BC is Nowhere near as good as Rearmed (but then you really need something amazing to top blowing up Hitlers head.) the plot is stupid as hell and it's a very linear game, I don't mid that really, it's just that it's not a good idea to present a game in a way that makes you believe it is free roaming. Also the game is coloured in every colour of the dirt spectrum and is going for the realistic approch which is boring as hell.

Oh and of course there are adverts, loads of adverts in the game.

jinXed by JaNx
hated this game. I played for twenty minutes and then returned it to gamefly. I was greatly disappointed. I was looking forward to this game.

S_D_J
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
BC is Nowhere near as good as Rearmed (but then you really need something amazing to top blowing up Hitlers head.) the plot is stupid as hell and it's a very linear game, I don't mid that really, it's just that it's not a good idea to present a game in a way that makes you believe it is free roaming. Also the game is coloured in every colour of the dirt spectrum and is going for the realistic approch which is boring as hell.

Oh and of course there are adverts, loads of adverts in the game.

Rearmed it's much, much better.

I still like this one though

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by S_D_J
Rearmed it's much, much better.

I still like this one though

I really didn't like or understand Joe was a villain considering he's the main hero in the arcade game, and a major part of the NES/remake as the hero of the alliance as well as Spencer's friend by the end of it.

Or how Spencer's wife is now his robotic arm, that's just stupid as hell.

Nemesis X
The game sucks and I agree with Neo that all of those plot twists are stupid. Maybe Capcom should think better the next time they make another free roaming game and for god sakes hire a better writer.

S_D_J
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
I really didn't like or understand Joe was a villain considering he's the main hero in the arcade game, and a major part of the NES/remake as the hero of the alliance as well as Spencer's friend by the end of it.

Or how Spencer's wife is now his robotic arm, that's just stupid as hell.

I liked the game because I had fun playing it.

sadly the "twist" in the story is plain stupid specially the wife being the bionic bit

I still had fun swinging around, though

Raijin
Apart from the already mentioned "twist", the crappy collectible system and the (mostly) invisible radiation walls I thought this game was great.

Gameplay was just plain fun, especially when the combat picks up the pace and the unlockable concept art added a lot of replay value IMO. Plus the online's pretty fun.

It's probably not worth the 50 or 60 bucks, but it's certainly worth testing out.

S_D_J
Originally posted by Raijin
Apart from the already mentioned "twist", the crappy collectible system and the (mostly) invisible radiation walls I thought this game was great.

Gameplay was just plain fun, especially when the combat picks up the pace and the unlockable concept art added a lot of replay value IMO. Plus the online's pretty fun.

It's probably not worth the 50 or 60 bucks, but it's certainly worth testing out.
thumb up

My thoughts exactly

SaTsuJiN
one of the gamestops I went to was selling brand new copies of this for 20 bucks lol.. (and a few other titles).. but that made me suspicious.. and given some of you guys' opinions.. it sounds like I wasnt being too harsh lol

FistOfThe North
That's how much I got the game for, $20. That's mainly why I got it, actually.

I knew it just came out recently and the series was a popular one way back so I said why not.

It went up to $40 now.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
one of the gamestops I went to was selling brand new copies of this for 20 bucks lol.. (and a few other titles).. but that made me suspicious.. and given some of you guys' opinions.. it sounds like I wasnt being too harsh lol

really? laughing out loud that's awesome man but it also sucks for EA.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx

How does it suck for EA?

S_D_J
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx

If by EA you mean Capcom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.