My COMIC BOOK SHOP is up for an Eisner!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deathlok
w00t\

'

Happy Harbor!

WhoopeeDee
Congrats! Golden Apple got one awhile back. You most likely get more signings and guest apperances.

thumb up

theICONiac
Originally posted by Deathlok
w00t\

'

Happy Harbor!

Is it actually 'your' shop?

Deathlok
no no no no no its the shop I get my comics from!

theICONiac
no no no no no its the shop I get my comics from!

Ok...just checking!

I would have been 30 times more jealous of you than I am now if you did own your own shop big grin

Deathlok
I use to own my own shop for 3.5 years back in the early 1990s! I have a basement that has more inventory than some stores! LOL

theICONiac
I use to own my own shop for 3.5 years back in the early 1990s! I have a basement that has more inventory than some stores! LOL

I am duly jealous smile

Care to share your experiences? I would LOVE to own my own shop - unfortunately in the climate the industry is in today would almost be financial suicide.

I would love to hear your story.

Deathlok
I was around for the death of Superman thing. Made a pile of $$$... people lining up before opening for that one.

I had to take names for my re order. every time I hit a factor of 10, I upped the price by $5. I wanted to see how much people would be willing to pay! Got it up to $40. That was the plateau! LOL

Deathlok
and the entire valiant thing,, which I knew would crash!

I was on vacation & 1 of my workers discovered a LARGE PILE of valiants under some other comics. HE YELLED< WE ARE RICH! LOL

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.