Trade places with Snake Plissken!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
You are a highly trained special forces soldier turned criminal, and are about to be cast into New York prison (Same events in Escape from New York.) As in the movie, you have 24 hours to find and extract the President, same circumstances Snake Plissken faced. You are led into an armory and told to choose your weapons. You have the following slots to fill.

PRIMARY WEAPON...Assault Rifle/Sub machine gun/Shotgun/Sniper rifle, one slot to fill:

SECONDARY WEAPON....Sidearm, one slot to fill:

CLOSE QUARTERS WEAPON...Melee Weapon (Explosives may be substituted here), one slot to fill:

TACTICAL ATTIRE....Clothing/Bulletproof vest:

TECHNOLOGY....Nightvision goggles/Motion sensors, etc;, two slots to fill:

METHOD OF ENTRY.....Glider/Submarine/Scuba:

What weapon/article of clothing do you choose to fill each slot? Any weapon from any movie ever made may be used. Bear in mind you will be on foot, running around, so pack light. And let's keep it halfway real. No invisible Predator tech, no wrist mounted nukes, but blasters and lightsabers may be chosen.

Rogue Jedi
Damn, no one? haermm

OK...

PRIMARY WEAPON...Assault Rifle/Sub machine gun/Shotgun/Sniper rifle, one slot to fill: MP5 submachine gun.

SECONDARY WEAPON....Sidearm, one slot to fill: Beretta 92f

CLOSE QUARTERS WEAPON...Melee Weapon (Explosives may be substituted here), one slot to fill: Lightsaber

TACTICAL ATTIRE....Clothing/Bulletproof vestmessedolid Snake's sneak suit.

TECHNOLOGY....Nightvision goggles/Motion sensors, etc;, two slots to fill: Motion sensors from "Aliens", nightvision goggles.

METHOD OF ENTRY.....HALO insertion.

Darth Martin
Good thread but I think the title is what's unattractive. wink

Primary Weapon: Phaser Rifle- Do I really need to explain. Probably the most versatile weapon out there.

Sidearm: Phaser Pistol- Same here.

Close Quarters Weapon: Lightsaber- No weight and should cut through anything. Not to mention it's not something extremely huge, just a handlebar or hilt.

Tactical Attire: Mandalorian Armor- Think of Jango Fett's armor.

Technology: Yautja Bio-Mask/Tri-Corder- The Bio-Mask will allow me to sense movement by heat signature, limited HUD, amplify my hearing, and provide facial protection.

Method of Entry: Teleportation- Silent and no one will hear or see any arrival.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Good thread but I think the title is what's unattractive. wink

Primary Weapon: Phaser Rifle- Do I really need to explain. Probably the most versatile weapon out there.

Sidearm: Phaser Pistol- Same here.

Close Quarters Weapon: Lightsaber- No weight and should cut through anything. Not to mention it's not something extremely huge, just a handlebar or hilt.

Tactical Attire: Mandalorian Armor- Think of Jango Fett's armor.

Technology: Yautja Bio-Mask/Tri-Corder- The Bio-Mask will allow me to sense movement by heat signature, limited HUD, amplify my hearing, and provide facial protection.

Method of Entry: Teleportation- Silent and no one will hear or see any arrival.

I kinda said no Predator tech in the opening post. And you will be running around NY city all day, you really think Fett's armor is tactical?

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
No invisible Predator tech

And yes I think the Mandalorian armor will suit me fine. After all, my weapons are all lightweight unlike an MP5.

Rogue Jedi
Hard be stealthy with that big ass suit on, plus it prolly weighs alot more than regular clothes.

Darth Martin
And the tradeoff is no heat signature and serious durability. It's not as heavy as you may think.

Rogue Jedi
Link?

Darth Martin
Your not wearing it, I am.

It's basically a body suit with plates all over it.

Btw, am I gonna be fighting people? If so who?

Rogue Jedi
Also, what good would hiding your heat signature do? You are gonna be in Manhattan prison, man, the inmates have thermal imaging.

Up to you how many you fight. You can take them on directly, or do as Snake did, go for stealth.

Darth Martin
I have no idea of the setting or what your talking about. I haven't seen either of the films.

Rogue Jedi
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082340/plotsummary

The year is 1997. New York City has been turned into a maximum security prison colony, when the American crime rates grows high. New York City is surrounded by a wall and the bridge is mined making sure no convict escapes from New York. Snake Plissken, a one-eyed former soldier turned bank robber arrives at New York after being sentenced to life imprisonment in New York City. Bob Hauk, police commissioner who runs the New York penal colony gives Snake a job for his freedom. Snake is sent into New York to find and rescue the President of the United States who is trapped in New York, when a terrorist hijacked Air Force One and crashed it in New York. Not only Snake must rescue the President, he must also retrieve a cassette containing vital information in the President's possession. Hauk has Snake implanted with a bomb which is programmed to detonate in 22 hours, which will kill Snake if he fails the mission, and Hauk will have the bomb disarmed if Snake succeeds. Entering New York and 22 hours before the bomb kills him, Snake sets out to rescue the President who is being held hostage by a ruthless warlord known as The Duke of New York. Can Snake rescue the President and retrieve the cassette before the 22 hours are up? and will Snake Escape from New York?

Darth Martin
My armor's weight doesn't really matter when you think about it. I have two phasers.

Rogue Jedi
Dude, you will be in the run for 24 hours, inmates all around you, that armor, it will definitely be a hindrance.

Robtard
Dude, you will be in the run for 24 hours, inmates all around you, that armor, it will definitely be a hindrance.

With two phasers he can out-shoot anything Snake faced, hell, he could level the city given time.

Darth Martin
Dude, you will be in the run for 24 hours, inmates all around you, that armor, it will definitely be a hindrance. Either you don't know your Star Trek or you severely underestimate the capabilities of Phasers. They can be set to wide-setting and incinerate entire walls. Think of it like a rifle which fires a lightsaber beam that can be set to a variety of widths and settings which can stun, kill, or incinerate.

Rogue Jedi
Well, I guess I rushed while posting qualifying weapons, phasers and blasters make it too easy. Lets go with modern earth based weapons only, no scifi shit.

Darth Martin
Primary Weapon: M-4 w/ M203 attachment.
Close-Quarters Weapon: Glock 18

Rogue Jedi
I think I'd carry two Beretta full automatics, less weight to lug around.

Darth Martin
Beretta full-automatic? Is that a rifle or a pistol? I've never heard of an automatic pistol by Beretta. Depends on your accuracy. I myself haven't been to a firing range in what seems a year.

Rogue Jedi
Two of these, no rifle:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_93R

Two of those with laser sights and suppressors. Carry them in low draw hip holsters. Katana as a melee weapon. Nightvision goggles and the Aliens motion sensors. Black combat fatigues with a lightweight bulletproof vest. HALO insertion.

Rogue Jedi
Edit, THESE pistols:

b1RvTJBdRuA&feature=related

Darth Martin
Oh, those. Yeah I've seen those on film but never in real life. It's the template for RoboCop's gun. They just modified the barrel and the slide.

My gun was better: Glock 18.

It's lighter and has more bullets. You have 20 9mm rounds. I'd have 9mm 33 rounds. Plus your gun isn't an automatic. It's selective fire meaning you can go semi or 3-round burst.

Rogue Jedi
OK final edit haermm

This shotgun:

7wg1pFNwTOE&feature=related

With one of the pistols I just posted a vid of, and:

Katana as a melee weapon. Nightvision goggles and the Aliens motion sensors. Black combat fatigues with a lightweight bulletproof vest. HALO insertion

Darth Martin
The pistol video you posted is my gun: Glock 18. erm And duel automatic pistols is not the way to go. Incredibly difficult to fire much less aim.

The automatic shotgun is a wierd one IMO. Regular shotguns are very heavy and difficult to handle. Adding a 50-round(I think) drum certainly doesn't help your weight argument.

Shotguns are designed for short distance confrontations. They spit out at a short distance with loads of force. If you want an automatic gun with power then get an AK-47 or such. It's your choice.

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, well, they look cool haermm

Darth Martin
Sure. But he's firing at nothing. If your in a prison you'd probably want a riot shotgun.

Shit like silencers are useless. They don't make the sound disapear. All that shit happens ion the films.

Rogue Jedi
Oh my:

http://www.world.guns.ru/smg/smg57-e.htm

Darth Martin
That doesn't look so bad. I wouldn't choose it. Why the you want a rifle that shoots 9mm when you can gedt a pistol is beyond me. I'm not sure 9mm is the best caliber againjst prisoners.

Btw are the prisoners armed or unarmed?

Rogue Jedi
I guess the MP5 or the M4 would be ideal, both weigh about 6 pounds. MP5 is smaller, easier to carry, but the M4 packs a bigger punch?

Darth Martin
IMO the MP5 is a shit gun. Way to heavy for my tastes. Fires a shit caliber. Another case of a big heavy gun firing a pistol caliber bullet.

M4 is just a smaller M16.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Darth Martin
That doesn't look so bad. I wouldn't choose it. Why the you want a rifle that shoots 9mm when you can gedt a pistol is beyond me. I'm not sure 9mm is the best caliber againjst prisoners.

Btw are the prisoners armed or unarmed?

They are armed with melee weapons, makeshift weapons, the occasional pistol.

Decided on the M4A1, weighs the same as the MP5. It can be fitted with night vision, freeing up a tech slot for me.

Darth Martin
M4's can also be fitted with 100 round drums so that's a plus.

Rogue Jedi
yes Plus it looks cool haermm

Darth Martin
I've never fired one. That kind of tech's out of my league. sad

Rogue Jedi
My dad has an M4, wont let me touch it.

Darth Martin
How much did his cost?

Rogue Jedi
Not a clue, it was willed to him.

Darth Martin
I'm sure they're anywhere from 10-15 thousand dollars.

Rogue Jedi
His Father in law from his second marriage was some high ranking dude with the LAPD, SWAT team I think, he willed my dad all his guns.

Darth Martin
Nice, guess he has quite a stash.

Rogue Jedi
M4, SKS, Mini 14, M16 I think, a few riot shotguns, buncha pistols.

Darth Martin
Wow, that's quite a collection. Do you own any yourself?

Rogue Jedi
I had a winchester defender, but I got rid of it. Just a piece of shit WWII era .22 revolver haermm

Darth Martin
That Shotgun's ideal for home defense. Just didn't want it anymore?

Rogue Jedi
Pretty much, it was too much gun for me. If someone breaks in my home, I just want to pop off a few and scare them off. One blast from a gauge and they are red paint.

Darth Martin
laughing .22's not the best stopping power. Better than nothing I suppose.

Rogue Jedi
Like I said, I dont wanna shoot them, just POPPOPPOP scare them off.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.