Black Zero vs Kurse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Fist fight only. Who wins

Black Zero- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Zero#Black_Zero_.28Superboy.29

vs

Kurse- http://marvel.com/universe/Kurse

Galan007
BZ ftw. strength-wise he is in the same tier - and he's FAR more versatile.

golem370
In a fist fight all you have is strength skill endurance and durability.

Galan007
oh sorry, i didn't see that clause.

anyhow, BZ was able to subdue, and/or own, hundreds of versions of superboy throughout hypertime - of which included the likes of superboy prime but would it be enough to take out kurse? meh, toss a coin.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Galan007
oh sorry, i didn't see that clause.

anyhow, BZ was able to subdue, and/or own, hundreds of versions of superboy throughout hypertime - of which included the likes of superboy prime but would it be enough to take out kurse? meh, toss a coin.

Kurse is wearing an enchanted suit of armor which renders him invulnerable to everything except iron.

That might mean BZ may not be able to defeat him in a fistfight here.

guy222
Kurse

Tazer
Yo.

BZ ftw. strength-wise he is in the same tier - and he's FAR more versatile.

yea, theres no way BZ is in the same str-tier as Kurse; Kurse is stronger than Thor as I recall, and wtfpwnd him in their 1st fight easily.

and I never saw anything of BZ that makes me feel his ttk can hold him in any way......so I gotta go with the DE who cared for Katie Power.

big grin

Tazer

Galan007
Originally posted by Space M ummy
Kurse is wearing an enchanted suit of armor which renders him invulnerable to everything except iron.

That might mean BZ may not be able to defeat him in a fistfight here. i agree.

Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

yea, theres no way BZ is in the same str-tier as Kurse; Kurse is stronger than Thor as I recall, and wtfpwnd him in their 1st fight easily.

and I never saw anything of BZ that makes me feel his ttk can hold him in any way......so I gotta go with the DE who cared for Katie Power.

big grin

Tazer subduing superboy prime with one arm is no small feat but yeah, other than own a cluster of superboys', BZ didn't really display strength on par with kurse. but there's also a good chance that kurse would never be able to lay a hand on BZ.. *shrug*

Tazer
Yo.

subduing superboy prime with one arm is no small feat but yeah, other than own a cluster of superboys', BZ didn't really display strength on par with kurse. but there's also a good chance that kurse would never be able to lay a hand on BZ.. *shrug*

I dont remember BZ *ever* fighting SBP.......when did that happen again?

Tazer

Enyalus
I think it was one panel, on one page. shrug

BruceSkywalker
Kurse

Galan007
Originally posted by Enyalus
I think it was one panel, on one page. shrug still no small feat. stick out tongue

but do i think it's enough? nah.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Enyalus
I think it was one panel, on one page. shrug

still no small feat. stick out tongue

but do i think it's enough? nah.

ok, wat book was this??

cuz as far as I remem, SBP 1st showing after CoIE #12 was in InfC #1; Im not aware of him showing up at any time between then.

Tazer

Galan007
Yo.

ok, wat book was this??

cuz as far as I remem, SBP 1st showing after CoIE #12 was in InfC #1; Im not aware of him showing up at any time between then.

Tazer it was the final issue BZ appeared in during his stint in the "superboy" series exact issue # escapes me at the moment.] we see him momentarily subdue superboy prime with one hand, before all the other versions of superboy start piling on him.

vlaaad12345
Wasn't that just a pc superboy...I don't think it was prime.

Galan007
though it is partially speculation on my part, because no names were specifically mentioned, imo the depictions seem pretty clear that it was either prime, or some pre-crisis version of superboy... *shrug*

Tazer
Yo.

it was the final issue BZ appeared in during his stint in the "superboy" series exact issue # escapes me at the moment.] we see him momentarily subdue superboy prime with one hand, before all the other versions of superboy start piling on him.

Originally posted by vlaaad12345
Wasn't that just a pc superboy...I don't think it was prime.

Im pretty sure it wasnt SBP as well......

though it is partially speculation on my part, because no names were specifically mentioned, imo the depictions seem pretty clear that it was either prime, or some pre-crisis version of superboy... *shrug*

theres no way it was SBP; in that story we were intro'd to Ma & Pa Kent.....and it wasnt Jerry & Naomi.

also, Im far less accepting that BZ can hang w/Kurse (or thinking theyre = in STR) based on him being able to throw him off temporarily, *especially* seeing as how he couldnt get out of that headlock Kal-El had him in.

Tazer

nicamarvin
KURSE is a beast, you have to be way up the charts to hang with him in a H2H contest...

Galan007
also, Im far less accepting that BZ can hang w/Kurse (or thinking theyre = in STR) based on him being able to throw him off temporarily, *especially* seeing as how he couldnt get out of that headlock Kal-El had him in. i agree. initially i said they were in the same tier because of the 'superboy prime feat' - forgetting BZ owned most of the superboys' via his exotic abilities/weaponry, not with his braun.

and like i agreed with in my former posts, that one feat isn't enough to put BZ on equal footing with kurse where strength is concerned. add his normal tech/exotic powers and i think he'd win. but where h2h alone goes, kurse is >.

Tazer
Yo.

i agree. initially i said they were in the same tier because of the 'superboy prime feat' - forgetting BZ owned most of the superboys' via his exotic abilities/weaponry, not with his braun.

and like i agreed with in my former posts, that one feat isn't enough to put BZ on equal footing with kurse where strength is concerned. add his normal tech/exotic powers and i think he'd win. but where h2h alone goes, kurse is >.

hrm............aside from that gun which can 'port beings back to his base and his HV, wat other exotic powers/tech could he call to bear to fight Kurse??

cuz Im drawing a blank personally.

Tazer

Galan007
his BFR-capable tech would be the most useful weapon against kurse, i'd guess. tactile TK wouldn't hurt either.

Juntai
Didn't his TTK hold an army of Doomsday's to his will?
Been a long time since I read that story.

Tazer
Yo.

his port-gun sent ppl into stasis-chambers, but then thats hardly a fight yaknow?

as for the 2nd, I dont believe this was so since IIRC he had to keep them keep them locked away & immobilized, but (same as U) its been awhile since I read that whole run so I could be wrong.

Tazer

Juntai
Yo.

his port-gun sent ppl into stasis-chambers, but then thats hardly a fight yaknow?

as for the 2nd, I dont believe this was so since IIRC he had to keep them keep them locked away & immobilized, but (same as U) its been awhile since I read that whole run so I could be wrong.

Tazer I remember Superboy learning that trick from Black Zero, and using it against his enemies once. Making them stand in line and do what he said, controlling their bodies by TTK.

Tazer
Yo.

oh I do too, but I dont remem BZ controlling that whole gang of DDs using it......

Tazer

Galan007
Yo.

his port-gun sent ppl into stasis-chambers, but then thats hardly a fight yaknow? but it's still part of his standard equipment, so he'd have it in any 'regular' versus battle.

Tazer
Yo.

but it's still part of his standard equipment, so he'd have it in any 'regular' versus battle.

but it doesnt help guage how well BZ would do in a *fight*, since that bfr-move hardly lends itself to fighting.

hell, that like saying Orion beats Superman in a fight due to having a Mother Box, which makes Boom Tubes..........

Tazer

Galan007
hell, that like saying Orion beats Superman in a fight due to having a Mother Box, which makes Boom Tubes and if it were a 'regular' versus match between those two, that would certainly be a viable tactic.

i do see what you're saying though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.