Wolverine and the x-men season 2 release date?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SamZED
Does anyone know when the 2nd season is coming out??? Deadpool is confirmed to be in it. Can't wait! Happy Dance

Ridley_Prime
Deadpool huh? Cool beans. If Apocalypse is in this as well as I recall, this should be well worth the watch smile, unlike most of season 1. erm

KingD19
They should give Colossus some actual screen time.

SamZED
Yeah, Colossus was kinda left out in season one, but overall I liked it.
Oh and Apocalypse is gonna be the main villain.

KingD19
THey pulled the, he went back to Russia to protect his family(who were in no real danger anyway)

Can't wait for the Age of Apocalypse though.

Shadow_King
So is it gonna be like season 1, where they show the future and the present??

SamZED
Yeah I guess so. Im ok with that as long as majority of the episodes are about the present.

Paola
they're doing AoA? really?

Shadow_King
yes they are really doing an Age of Apocalypse future.

Ridley_Prime
mmm

SamZED
Sooo.. any ideas on when it comes out?

Shadow_King
maybe around late september.

DarthLazious
Nice.

I can't wait to check it out.

injuredpelican
Cool. The first few episodes of the first season were kind of meh, but it really picked up after a while. I hope Colossus and Kitty get more screen time, and I hope Cyclops can take more of a leadership role, at least second in command to wolvie if nothing else. If he lost his marbles because Jean was gone, that's no longer a problem.
It'll be interesting to see if they can show very much of the mature aspects of AoA. AoA is pretty dark, so hopefully the cartoon won't have to edit that too much.

celluloidluv100
I LOVE the new Wolverine and the X-men series, I wish they could do an animated X-men series geared more grown ups like on HBO and Spawn or something

Omgu8mynewt
I don't get American channels on tv, is there anywhere on the net I can watch it?

Edit: Its free on nicktoons but Im not in the US, grrr

SamZED
lots of sites. Youtube for example.

OroroJames
I just watched the end of season one earlier today. Good stuff. I had to look up who Selene was- and they TOTALLY downplayed her character. lol!

AoA is in season two along with a strong Colossus presence. Of course Mr. Sinister and Nate Grey are there as well.

Am I the only one who finds a teen Forge and a 30s Ororo a bit odd??? I'm just saying.... lol!

Ridley_Prime
Yeah... I much prefer the Forge from either of the two previous animated series over that guy, among other things.

Didn't see the episode with Selene though, but I guess I'll take your word for it.

madpratch
Season 2 will start at the end of January 2010. So I have heard

psi-aura
cool. I hope Frost returns though. It'll be interesting to see the Jean, Scott, Emma love triangle in animation.

pinksushi1
August 2010. They are not even done with the scripts yet.

pinksushi1
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1001/25/wolverinexmen.htm

whytephoenix
i hope gambit, angel and cyc account for 3 of the horseman... I love the whiteout version of gambit in the comics.... and hell yes, Magik and colossus. Thank you marvel for actually doing what i thought was impossible on a kids network *(the death of emma frost). I'm so glad Jean's back with her full complimentary of powers (yes, she flies!)lol. on a side note: i like how the characters have huge upper bodies supported by a couple of tree branches for legs big grin

psi-aura
Originally posted by whytephoenix
Thank you marvel for actually doing what i thought was impossible on a kids network *(the death of emma frost).

A: Emma is my faveroute character, so watch your mouth, B: It dosen't just air on kid's network, and, C: Emma's going to return in season 2 anyway.

psi-aura
Originally posted by pinksushi1
August 2010. They are not even done with the scripts yet.

August?! blink I can't wait that long! somebody freeze me in a cyrogenic container so i don't have to take the suspense!

Ridley_Prime
Shit, I haven't kept up on the cartoon again.. How did Emma die supposedly?

If she doesn't come back, there goes one of the most interesting things about the show. thumb down

KingD19
I have no idea, and although I can't say she's my fav character, I will miss her.

Ridley_Prime
Oi... Me too. She was basically one of the only redeeming things about the show. What the **** were they thinking in killing her off? I can understand stupid Jean, but Emma?

Scythe
Not a big fan of Emma, so I'm glad to see her go, though I'm a fan of Deadpool. Nice to see him coming.

pinksushi1
Originally posted by psi-aura
August?! blink I can't wait that long! somebody freeze me in a cyrogenic container so i don't have to take the suspense!

LOL. Well, you might have to wait longer than that because they have only finished 8 scripts and nothing else has been done.

RoguePw25
Thanks for the link. I'm very excited for this, wish it was sooner but excited nonetheless.

psi-aura
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Shit, I haven't kept up on the cartoon again.. How did Emma die supposedly?

When she took the phoenix out of the cuckoos(long story), She tried to contain it then release it into the atmosphere, where she belived it would die, but her diamond form shattered and the phoenix burned out in the atmosphere.

If she doesn't come back, there goes one of the most interesting things about the show. thumb down

I agree.

pinksushi1
The Phoenix Force will revive Emma Frost.

psi-aura
Originally posted by pinksushi1
The Phoenix Force will revive Emma Frost.

Apart from weapon x, phoenix ressurection is the most choked up, repeated story line in marvel.

pinksushi1
Apart from weapon x, phoenix ressurection is the most choked up, repeated story line in marvel.

LOL. Hence, Second Coming and Cable and all of those Messiah story lines. Let's see who Hope Summers really is.

psi-aura
I read somewhere that she's a fraction of the phoenix force...

pinksushi1
I read somewhere that she's a fraction of the phoenix force...

Season 2 comes out in Autumn/Fall 2010.

colossulrage
Colossus will be a main member now so should get some epic throwdowns in season 2!

psi-aura
Originally posted by colossulrage
Colossus will be a main member now so should get some epic throwdowns in season 2!

Totally. big grin

zia_festre
I really liked the idea that a new xmen was being made as i ran into it by mistake on the marvel site... then i found some were i could download the full first season...

With regards to that the first season was ok i guess, i thought the story line was written alot better then X-men evolution.. Liked the new characters in it also.

The only thing that bothered me is that some of the old characters are not shown as it is supposed to be in the original x-men.

I thought gambit would at least be given a main role again but to my disappointed it has not happened , also some other characters like jubilee i ve never seen her aired in the x-men ever again.. Know i can't wait for the next season to air so i can download the full season again, hopefully i get to see at least some of the old characters get main roles in the series or at least new mutants getting a lead role.l

Would like to hear thoughts regarding this matter..

Omgu8mynewt
You can download the first series? I haven't even worked out how to watch it yet (without downloading) as someone in the UK!

psi-aura
a lot of it is on youtube, but i think they've released the DVDs...

zia_festre
i actually googled it laughing out loud Just write Wolverine and the X-men or something like that and ya should get it listed some were.. Does anyone know if Gambit gonna get a better role??

psi-aura
Nah, I just hope Emma returns

raven_arella
"In further recent Marvel Animation news, a second season of the acclaimed Wolverine and The X-Men animated series will not be happening for reasons that have not yet been publically/publicly disclosed. Marvel Animation Age confirms the recent report that Wolverine and The X-Men will not returning for a second season, although Marvel Animation has not yet made any official announcements on the series coming to a close."

It won't let me post the link to where this can be found. If you wikipedia Wolverine and the X-Men and go down tot he references, the third reference will be a link that takes you to the site where that can be found.

KCJ506
What the hell is up with them canceling everything? First SSM and now this. What's next? Iron Man AA?

the ninjak
Originally posted by raven_arella
"In further recent Marvel Animation news, a second season of the acclaimed Wolverine and The X-Men animated series will not be happening for reasons that have not yet been publically/publicly disclosed. Marvel Animation Age confirms the recent report that Wolverine and The X-Men will not returning for a second season, although Marvel Animation has not yet made any official announcements on the series coming to a close."

It won't let me post the link to where this can be found. If you wikipedia Wolverine and the X-Men and go down tot he references, the third reference will be a link that takes you to the site where that can be found.

F##K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

freek
Wasn't the 2nd season already in production? Isn't this just a massive waste of time and money?

StiltmanFTW
I blame Disney.

Ridley_Prime
If this had happened shortly before a 3rd season or somethin' was gonna start, it wouldn't of been as much a disappointment, but the fact they did it right before ****ing Age of Apocalypse was about to have its debut makes it all the more.

psi-aura
There's a petition to save it. SPREAD THE WORD!!!

Here's the link:

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/SaveWatxm

The Big O
cant believe their going to end this before it gotta chance to evolve.

the ninjak
There's a petition to save it. SPREAD THE WORD!!!

Here's the link:

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/SaveWatxm

Done!

Ridley_Prime
Online petitions never work.

Omgu8mynewt
Originally posted by freek
Wasn't the 2nd season already in production? Isn't this just a massive waste of time and money?

From what I heard yeah. Were the ratings really bad or something?

KCJ506
Geez, if a toon as successful as this one can't make it to season 2, then none of em are safe. Wasn't this like the most-watched show ever on NickToons?

-Pr-
this is what happens when you let logan lead a team. biscuits

srankmissingnin
It has nothing to do with ratings or costs, the tv rights for the X-Men and Spider-man have reverted back to Marvel, which is why Spectacular Spiderman is dead as well. I know as far as Spectacular Spider-man is concerned Sony has the rights to every that they did with the cartoon so Marvel can't just continue it without coming to an arrangement, I imagine there is a similar situation with Wolverine and the X-Men?

chomperx9
Originally posted by -Pr-
this is what happens when you let logan lead a team. biscuits atleast he found xavier. cyclops didnt give a F about helping out the team

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by chomperx9
atleast he found xavier. cyclops didnt give a F about helping out the team
Hahaha, irony.

StiltmanFTW
this is what happens when you let logan lead a team. biscuits

Somehow Cyclops being the leader didn't save Pryde of the X-Men wink He failed way worse then... pilot episode only stick out tongue

the ninjak
atleast he found xavier. cyclops didnt give a F about helping out the team

yeah instead he rode his awesome motorbike out and beat up Mr Sinister and his cronies....BALLSY!

psi-aura
Originally posted by the ninjak
yeah instead he rode his awesome motorbike out and beat up Mr Sinister and his cronies....BALLSY!
quite.

-Pr-
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Somehow Cyclops being the leader didn't save Pryde of the X-Men wink He failed way worse then... pilot episode only stick out tongue

pryde of the x-men = awesome.

logan's accent = win.

they ballsed up cyclops in WATXM, and no amount of trenchcoats or carelessly powerful blasts are going to change that...

StiltmanFTW
logan's accent = win.

Don't worry about us, dingo! shocklaugh

tom_servo
Wolverine and the X-Men has been axed.

psi-aura
We know. Sign the saving petition already.

SamZED
What the FCUK!!!! First SSM now THIS? It was a great show, I dont care what some people say, imo it's 10x better than evolution. Why do they keep canceling the good shows?

the ninjak
Originally posted by SamZED
What the FCUK!!!! First SSM now THIS? It was a great show, I dont care what some people say, imo it's 10x better than evolution. Why do they keep canceling the good shows?

Because Capitalism is a dirty business.

Ridley_Prime
It was all right, but no way was it 10 times better than Evolution. no expression Then again, the best of Evolution was pretty much the last season.

Still hate the fact Rogue joined the Brotherhood in this show, among other things.

psi-aura
1. rouge rejoins the X-men

2. Wolverine and the X-men is way better than X-men evolution.

chomperx9
1. rouge rejoins the X-men

2. Wolverine and the X-men is way better than X-men evolution. that version of rogue i didnt like. rogue from x-men animated series was better cause she had ms marvels powers

Omgu8mynewt
that version of rogue i didnt like. rogue from x-men animated series was better cause she had ms marvels powers

I prefered the whole of Evolution to WATXM, Wolverine leading was weird, and it had too many random side episodes that broke up the main story with Xavier (which was a wicked story smile ).

chomperx9
i also liked the cylops from x-men animated series better than cyclops from wolverine and the x-men

the ninjak
i also liked the cylops from x-men animated series better than cyclops from wolverine and the x-men

Yeah! Very iconic in that series as was everyone.

gbxmfan
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

That was a whole different scenario. Pryde came out way ahead of its time. It had no way to compete shows like Transformers, He-Man, and G.I. Joe. I still have the original VHS copy of Pryde of the X-Men. All the characters looked awesome back then.

adnan11

SamZED
It was all right, but no way was it 10 times better than Evolution. no expression Then again, the best of Evolution was pretty much the last season.

Still hate the fact Rogue joined the Brotherhood in this show, among other things. I didnt like evolution that much tbh. Seemd like a poor attempt to make x-men "cool" for teenagers kinda like ultimate universe. The only good thing about it was Kurt and Kitty.
Wolverine and the X-men was fun to watch. And now they canceled it. And after announcing that Deadpool is gonna appear in season 2. mad

psi-aura
And before the age of apocolypse too.

Ridley_Prime
*shrug* Deadpool is overrated, though I share everyone's disgust with how he was butchered in X-Men Origins Wolverine.

Originally posted by SamZED
I didnt like evolution that much tbh. Seemd like a poor attempt to make x-men "cool" for teenagers kinda like ultimate universe. The only good thing about it was Kurt and Kitty.
And Apocalypse, despite him not being as powerful and fearsome as his original animated series incarnation, but he still made the rest of Evolution worth watching for me, at least.

If season 2 of Wolverine and the X-Men had not been cancelled, chances are, I would've liked it better as a whole than XME, but since it was...

SamZED
Deadpool isnt overrated, he's overused. And that's coming from a fan. And yeah Apocalypse was one of the few things I liked in evolution. Juggernaut was ok. But Wolverine.. ugh...

psi-aura
Was it Evolution or Pryde of the X men where Wolverine had an australian accent?

Omgu8mynewt
Pryde of the X men, the one off was the one with a terrible accent big grin

psi-aura
'dingo' *shudder*

psi-aura
He's CANADIAN, people. No wonder it was just the pilot.

psi-aura
Check this out

http://xmenfilms.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/I-WANT-YOU--236x300.jpg

I thought this was cool.

Ridley_Prime
lol Nice. I kinda wish I could help save it.. just for the AoA season.

Wei Phoenix
Check this out

http://xmenfilms.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/I-WANT-YOU--236x300.jpg

I thought this was cool.

In the immortal words of Bran. Or don't come at all.

psi-aura
lol Nice. I kinda wish I could help save it.. just for the AoA season.

Me too, but only for the return of emma and the screwing of Cyclops's relationship with Jean in animation.
I hate uncontinued cliffhangers.

Kaigee
Originally posted by madpratch
Season 2 will start at the end of January 2010. So I have heard

Kaigee
they canceld it..i read it on wiki shit something about partner i 4got..its 2011 and it still not back...it canceld

the ninjak
Originally posted by Kaigee
they canceld it..i read it on wiki shit something about partner i 4got..its 2011 and it still not back...it canceld

A true waste of a great series. RIP.

RoguePw25
Yes this was a really good series and had so much potential. Any chance that it could come back?

GeorgeGeo
greeting
I read this forum from start to finish and I still do not understand if it will be season 2 of Wolverine and X-Men ,because I saw that the season is a result that would apocalyps thus a continuation if anyone knows when will be released I would like to display this forum
I found a "continue" at PETEAVA.RO ((search and type in X-Men Episode 1 for example)) which is made by those in China and has subtitare in Romanian
if anyone knows any alternative to me and send me by this forum
Thank you

SamZED
Sadly there wont be a season 2. It was in production but they didnt get to finish it. Check wiki.

StiltmanFTW
Gotta say, I enjoyed WATXM much more than the X-Men anime ermm Watched only first 5 episodes of the latter though.

Pallas
They chucked this and spectacular spiderman. Both of these shows were well written.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.