Ninja Assassin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
from the mind of the Wachowski's comes Ninja Assassin..

it tells the story of one of the world's deadliest assassin 's named Raizo

the poster..

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/7384/50338926.jpg

the trailer..

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=57410

Ms.Marvel
looks boring to be honest.

too many movies have been created that look just like it.

MildPossession
I liked V For Vendetta, so look forwards to this.

jaden101
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
from the mind of the Wachowski's comes Ninja Assassin..

They're just producing it. They didn't write it.

Robtard
Intro reminded me a bit of an Asian version of 300.

Movie will probably senseless crap with little story and silly action, won't be watching it in the theatres.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by jaden101
They're just producing it. They didn't write it.

i know, but i felt it better to say that.. big grin

this does look really good though

super pr*xy
looks like they've used the "i know kung-fu" construct from the matrix. plot looks formulaic, but the season for gratuitous violence is all year long.. looks awesome.

Darth Vicious
Looks sweet. Ill be watching.

roughrider
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
looks boring to be honest.

too many movies have been created that look just like it.

I'm of the same opinion. I know it's the Wachowski's and director James McTeigue again - V For Vendetta was one of my favourites in 2006. But it doesn't look like anything I haven't seen a hundred times over.

Kazenji
New one from James McTeigue

Trailer

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/ninja-assassin/trailer

MildPossession
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f2/t513230.html

And just a few topics down. stick out tongue

Kazenji
Oh well shit happens.....

and also if thats the case then why did'nt it appear when i did the search..........so much for the so called perfect search function.

The Nuul
Looks sweet and its great to see Sho Kosugi on screen again!

faithcooper78
Good source but it was already posted.

Thanks for sharing!

SnakeEyes
I, too, think it looks kind of bland.

Since I first heard of this, all I expected were awesome action sequences, but the ones in the trailer didn't even impress me that much. I don't really like obvious CGI with my martial arts, thank you.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by The Nuul
Looks sweet and its great to see Sho Kosugi on screen again!

yes it does

BruceSkywalker
I liked this movie.. great blood and violence

Neo_Version 7
^ How about a well-told story? Can we expect one of those?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
^ How about a well-told story? Can we expect one of those?

the story was decent, but could've been a little better

K.Diddy
Crap

FistOfThe North
this film looks like a movie that would play on GTA4 on nikko bellic's flat screen in his apartment as he surfs the channels.

"Ninja Assasin..coming soon..Hyaa!"

or on max payne on some tv set in a warehouse..

the movie looks as generic as the title sounds. the matrix was good but it's style is played out now. i'll need something newer and fresher that this movie seems to offer.

trailer 5/10

SnakeEyes
Been hearing bad things about this movie.

Robtard
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Been hearing bad things about this movie.

Was stupid and silly. Had some decent action sequences; that's about it.

Quincy
****ing bad

Mindship
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
it tells the story of one of the world's deadliest assassin 's named RaizoDoes he kill ninjas (ninja assassin -- would've been a surprise twist), or, is he a ninja (in which case, "ninja assassin" is redundant)?

In any event, I'll wait til it comes on cable.

Quincy
He is a ninja who also kills other ninjas.

The movie is shite.

super pr*xy
movie was mindless fun. i liked it. the opening was pretty good. as far as plot goes.. well, the plot was shit. the characters were a bit dry.. not dry dry, just turkey dry. this movie would've been better if there were bigger names attached to it. and i don't mean producers and shit.. i mean the actors. all in all, decent popcorn flick only worth the dvd rental..

wakkawakkawakka
Senseless violence with CGI blood...woohoo!

I didn't have high expectations for the movie.(I honestly didn't have any)

I guess the point the director is trying to make is that ninjas are awesome and everyone should respect their awesomeness. Sorry no big names in this one and if your expecting some "crouching tiger hidden dragon" movie then you'll be terribly disappointed.

But once again...senseless violent, woohoo!

raven09
i expect more of the story though >,>

Scythe
I laughed the entire time, it's as if everyone is made of butter to a ninja.

Dreampanther
So if I'm looking for a bit of senseless action with hopefully as little plot as possible and not too much time wasted on character development - would you recommend it?

And no, I'm not being facetious - I really AM looking for something a little like Punisher: War Zone - something with lots of good action sequences that doesn't require too much thinking... smokin'

Quincy
this is pretty much exactly that

jinXed by JaNx
Duuuuuuude, this movie is fanfukintastic. THERES GOLD IN THEM THARE HILLS!!!. Seriously, this movie was a major accomplishment for someone. The people behind scenes definitely loved this project. Seriously, They just let it all hang out with this one. The movie copied and ripped off the Aliens and 300 formula so many times it became charming. When i say, ripped off, i mean emulate and pay homage to. John McTeiuge is definitely a lover of Cinema and he showcased all his love in this here movie. The best part of the movie though was when the MArines busted in the Ninja compound and started laying everyone out. That was the best fuking thing i ever saw. MArine VS Ninjas....The ninja's primitive ways were all for not when faced with modern warfare technology lol Absolutely badass.

Kazenji
So pretty much **** what the critics say about this movie?

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Kazenji
So pretty much **** what the critics say about this movie?

Dude, it's some Horrible good cheese.

Scythe
Originally posted by Dreampanther
So if I'm looking for a bit of senseless action with hopefully as little plot as possible and not too much time wasted on character development - would you recommend it?

And no, I'm not being facetious - I really AM looking for something a little like Punisher: War Zone - something with lots of good action sequences that doesn't require too much thinking... smokin'

Yeah, you'de like it.

The Nuul
Just saw this and its rubbish.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, this movie is awful. I wish someone had warned me. But I probably wouldn't have listened anyway, cuz it's the director of V for Vendetta. But that had good subject matter. This doesn't.

thumb down

Esau Cairn
It was mindless violent fun.

It was never meant to be anything more than that.

RE: Blaxican
Yeah, but there's good mindless violent fun and shitty mindless violent fun.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.