Machine Power Classes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin

Eminence
I think the Fallen and Devastator would be up there with Prime, perhaps instead of Megatron. Telekinesis, space bridges, being really really big... all that. Jetfire would probably sit in the second. Omnidroid's position is debatable; a previous model shrugged off immolation.

Darth Martin
Okay, I didn't know where to put Fallen because frankly I wasn't impressed with him. Thought he was overhyped. Jetfire didn't seem to have any weapons.

I'm confused on your Devastator position. But I thought that Devastator and Demolishor were similar in size and Prime took him out quite handily so I didn't put him up there.

Mindship
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Here is where we can rank the various kinds machines seen in the movies. Terminators, Transformers, robots, and such can all go here.
So you don't mean anything like V'Ger...cuz you'd need a higher top tier.

Robtard
When you say "power", do you mean just physical strength? Because Data with a phaser (or phaser rifle) set to max could disintegrate most of what you have listed above him, if you mean 'fire-power.'

Darth Martin
I honestly didn't think of anything Star Trek except Data. I'm not knowledgable on V'Ger. I haven't seen the older ST films and I can't believe I missed the Borg

Robtard
I honestly didn't think of anything Star Trek except Data. I'm not knowledgable on V'Ger. I haven't seen the older ST films and I can't believe I missed the Borg

Borg aren't machines, they're cyborgs, as is Robocop and Gen Greivous. The T's are cyborgs too, but they come in non-flesh form.

Starkid is a kid in a suit, same as Ironman.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Robtard
When you say "power", do you mean just physical strength? Because Data with a phaser (or phaser rifle) set to max could disintegrate most of what you have listed above him, if you mean 'fire-power.' Good point. I mean a collection of offensive power, strength, durability, intelligence, speed, etc.

I can't touch the Data point though. For him I was just countim him alone with no equipment. I suppose you do have a point seeing how I ranked Grievous with the idea of him having his lightsabers.

The other characters like Transformers and Iron Man have there weapons built in them. Wheras Data's phaser or Grievous' lightsabers are add-ons.

Eminence
Darth Martin
Okay, I didn't know where to put Fallen because frankly I wasn't impressed with him. Thought he was overhyped.Like I said; telekinesis. He surrounds the pyramid with a ring of rocks, each one roughly the size of an F-22.

I think.

Jetfire, on top of being easily one of the biggest Transformers in the movie, could create space bridges and cut Mixmaster in half with one swipe, and I assumed that all those new, giant guns Prime picked up before ripping the Fallen's face off came from Jetfire.

That might be true, actually. Good point.

Alpha Centauri
Christ.

This place is turning into the Comic Vs forum.

-AC

Robtard
We're at about 76% retard capacity. So yeah.

Nephthys
Where's Gort?

Darth Martin
Again, I didn't list everything in the world. It's just a template. The idea is for us all to contribute and help out. Make your own list and add changes.

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Christ. This place is turning into the Comic Vs forum. Believe me, this isn't that bad. Our opening posts usually have explanations. The opening posts in there consist of "Who wins?".

Mindship
I'm not knowledgable on V'Ger. V'Ger's from the first Trek film. What began as Voyager from Earth over centuries became a giant machine entity (its energy cloud diameter = twice Earth-Sun distance) with enough power to nix a starship like a blowtorch to a wood chip.

Darth Martin
Who watches the first film. I heard it sucked. WoK redeemed the franchise.

Alpha Centauri
It's turning into the Comic Vs forum, for sure.

All this rigid, anal-establishment about "classes" is unnecessary here. In comics there are a billion characters with varying powers.

-AC

Placidity
World Breaker Tier

GORT

Top Tier
Optimus Prime, Megatron, The Fallen, Tripod (War of the Worlds), EVE (Wall-E)

Second Tier
Blackout, Brawl, Devastator, Demolishor, Omnidroid, Starscream,

Third Tier
Bumblebee, Ironhide, Iron Man,

Fourth Tier
Arcee, Barricade, Iron Monger, Jazz, Ratchet, Sideswipe, The Sentinels (The Matrix)

Fifth Tier
Cy(Star Kid), Cyrax, General Grievous, K.I.T.T., Ravage, Scorponok, Smoke, T-1000, T-X, Destroyers (Star Wars)

Sixth Tier
Data, ED-209, R2-D2, RoboCop, Sonny(NS-5), T-1, T-600, T-800, T-850, Rico Dredd's Robot (Judge Dredd)

Darth Martin
thumb up

Alpha Centauri
Look how minute that list is.

Why is it even necessary?

-AC

Darth Martin
The plan is for the list to slowly grow. Your welcome to contribute. You never have anything positive to say. erm

Alpha Centauri
Because there's no positives in what you do, usually.

You're trying to make this like the Comic Vs forum, and that's not the case.

People in comics are more suited to fantasy fights. Movie characters are not.

-AC

Darth Martin
This is nowhere near the CBVF. For one we have decent posters and two there's nowhere near as many threads.

Kaibs
Even though they kinda suck you can include the Star Wars Machines too.

Darth Martin
Go ahead. That's the sole reason why I left them out. They aren't that good compared to Terminators and NS-5's.

XanatosForever
Originally posted by Placidity
World Breaker Tier

GORT

Top Tier
Optimus Prime, Megatron, The Fallen, Tripod (War of the Worlds), EVE (Wall-E)

Second Tier
Blackout, Brawl, Devastator, Demolishor, Omnidroid, Starscream,

Third Tier
Bumblebee, Ironhide, Iron Man,

Fourth Tier
Arcee, Barricade, Iron Monger, Jazz, Ratchet, Sideswipe, The Sentinels (The Matrix)

Fifth Tier
Cy(Star Kid), Cyrax, General Grievous, K.I.T.T., Ravage, Scorponok, Smoke, T-1000, T-X, Destroyers (Star Wars)

Sixth Tier
Data, ED-209, R2-D2, RoboCop, Sonny(NS-5), T-1, T-600, T-800, T-850, Rico Dredd's Robot (Judge Dredd)

Should we disquinguish between Classic Gort and G.O.R.T.? I'm thinking we should, but I'm not sure. Also, good job on remembering to place EVE. She rocked.

Darth Martin
I still haven't finished Wall-E. The first hour bored me to tears and I was tired that night. I'll give it another try.

EVE did seem quite powerful.

Eminence
Iron Giant FTW.

He'd probably need a tier of his own, though. I highly doubt he's Gort-class, but he's definitely a league above any of the Transformers.

Darth Martin
I thought of him but haven't seen the film since the cinema when it was first released.

Mindship
Who watches the first film. I heard it sucked. WoK redeemed the franchise. Yeah, it wasn't that great...but the question remains: V'Ger ok, or you're sticking to just smaller, people-shaped machines?

Darth Martin
Pretty much. Didn't have giant ship size entities in mind when I made this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.