Could Superman (or the hero of your choice) die if shot with an adamantium bullet?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tttorres
Could they die, because adamantium is industructible.

thanos-prime
depends where they get shot

Knowsbleed33
An adamantium bullet is still a bullet. Superman is faster than a speeding bullet.

DBZ sucks.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by tttorres
Could they die, because adamantium is industructible. Originally posted by thanos-prime

No Adamantium can't kill Superman nor Goku.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
An adamantium bullet is still a bullet. Superman is faster than a speeding bullet.

DBZ sucks.

It wasn't as great as I thought it was. It's great if you watch it as a kid, not as much if you look at it as an adult.

jalek moye
Originally posted by thanos-prime
Superman's durability is too great, it wont even pierce him

Placidity
Correction - DBZ doesn't suck.

Knowsbleed33
Correction - It sure does suck.

tttorres
If they we re shot in the head ??

Enyalus
Erm, I think they would both die. Supes might survive because he's got a great healing factor. But a bullet to the brainpan is still what it is.

Wei Phoenix
A bullet to Clark's brain grants the same results as if it would hit his chest. They'll both bounce off

BruceSkywalker
Goku will most likely outrun the bullet or simply blast it to smithereens

Survivor19
Depends on bullet's speed.
If fired from that gun that iced Zod...

occultdestroyer
Yes. Not sure about Goku though.
The bullet would obviously miss, no matter how good your aim is. Instant transmission FTW.

jalek moye
Originally posted by Survivor19
Depends on bullet's speed.
If fired from that gun that iced Zod...
Wasn't that not a normal bullet or gun

Enyalus
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
A bullet to Clark's brain grants the same results as if it would hit his chest. They'll both bounce off
Not an adamantium one.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Yes. Not sure about Goku though.
The bullet would obviously miss, no matter how good your aim is. Instant transmission FTW.

Won't kill either due to durability.

occultdestroyer
It would kill Superman.
It won't kill Goku though; he's too damn fast, even at his normal speed.

Wei Phoenix
It would kill Superman.

Not it won't.

Superman is faster than Goku.

Please explain how a bullet of indestructible metal is going to kill someone who tanks supernovas, punches from DD, and black holes?

jalek moye
It would kill Superman.
How would it kill superman. The bullet will hit him and fall to the ground not even peircing.

Also they have to take the bullet and Superman has been catching bullets out of the air since he was a boy.

Wei Phoenix
It would kill Superman.

It's funny how you think Superman is not fast enough to dodge this bullet though especially since it's in his description. You really do hate anything Western.

Enyalus
This is pointless. The question was would Goku or Superman die if they were shot by an adamantium bullet. Not if they are able to dodge it. Which both are capable of.

jalek moye
The bullet would be nothing more then a small amount of blunt force to superman. The gun couldnt fire it with enough force to even matter

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Enyalus
This is pointless. The question was would Goku or Superman die if they were shot by an adamantium bullet. Not if they are able to dodge it. Which both are capable of.

Well they survive and dodge the next shot.

Enyalus
Originally posted by jalek moye
The bullet would be nothing more then a small amount of blunt force to superman. The gun couldnt fire it with enough force to even matter
The gun would fire it at almost three times the force of one the fundamental forces, gravity. 2.3 kilonewtons, give or take.

jalek moye
The gun would fire it at almost three times the force of one the fundamental forces, gravity. 2.3 kilonewtons, give or take.
And it still wouldn't pierce him, it will bounce off all the adamntum bullet means is it will fall to the ground instead of flattening.

Shooting him with conventional weapons doesnt work

TheBadguy
goku was taking bullets to the face before his balls dropped. yeah its adamantium but still I don't see if making much difference. I doubt it would do more than annoy superman either.

Enyalus
Adamantium shrapnel pierced WWH because it was fired from guns/canons. This was after Wolverine's adamantium claws failed to pierce him.

jalek moye
Adamantium shrapnel pierced WWH because it was fired from guns/canons. This was after Wolverine's adamantium claws failed to pierce him. Do i have to post the scan of Wolverine easily cutting WWhulk again?

Wei Phoenix
Adamantium shrapnel pierced WWH because it was fired from guns/canons. This was after Wolverine's adamantium claws failed to pierce him.

Yeah but Hulk doesn't have Superman or Goku's durability, just a better HF.

jalek moye
Warpath also cut him

Enyalus
erm I don't care enough to argue.

Carry on.

jalek moye
Heres one of the three or four times he was cut or stabbed by Wolverine in that arc. He gets like six inches in one of them

I can post the warpath one and the others if wanted

sorry for the quality

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/8562/clawsm.th.jpg

Placidity
Correction - It sure does suck.

You can't do a double-correction. Read the rules please.

ankur29
Do i have to post the scan of Wolverine easily cutting WWhulk again?

logan said hulk was getting harder to cut ... orginally Logan could barely cut him but this was retconned i think

hulks durability varies greatly with the writers, but i don''t think aside form vibranium/adamantium hulk's skin can be cut

thanos-prime
i think with the right gun it could pierce and kill them it would have to have some serious power though

ankur29
i think with the right gun it could pierce and kill them it would have to have some serious power though

regardless of the gun (say it even shot the bullet at light speed) adamantium cannot peirce Superman

i think goku is quite bullet proof aswell

Tazer
Yo.

the answer to both (w/o having read past the 1st page)..........is NO.

just becuz the bullet is made out of A-metal doesnt mean it will penetrate; the only thing that would happen is it wont flatten upon impcating their skin.

now, U could make a case for how much of it they feel, but thats anybodys game.

Tazer

xJLxKing
Goku gets hurt from rock thrown at him by Chi-chi stick out tongue An A-Bullet will most certainly kill him. He has no healing factor.
Superman will get pierced, but he'll live.

Placidity
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Goku gets hurt from rock thrown at him by Chi-chi stick out tongue An A-Bullet will most certainly kill him. He has no healing factor.

Supes doesn't have a healing factor either...

XanatosForever

Feeling pain does not a weakness make. Goku has tanked much stronger forces, and quite easily at that. Neither Goku nor Superman will be penetrated by an adamantium bullet.

XanatosForever
Originally posted by Placidity

Semi-sniped mad

Hyperion Prime

thumb up thumb up

xJLxKing
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Feeling pain does not a weakness make. Goku has tanked much stronger forces, and quite easily at that. Neither Goku nor Superman will be penetrated by an adamantium bullet. What has Goku tanked?

Tazer
Yo.

Goku was SHOT (point blank) by Bulma the very 1st time they met, and multiple times by Lunch, and all it ever did was bruise him; Id say his durability has gone up quite a bit since those times........

Tazer

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

Goku was SHOT (point blank) by Bulma the very 1st time they met, and multiple times by Lunch, and all it ever did was bruise him; Id say his durability has gone up quite a bit since those times........

Tazer
You do realize that A-Bullet and regular is not the same

DarkOdin

I think his point is that was kid Goku and later verison his durability greatly increased since then.

Juntai
It'd have to be Kryptonite if you wanted it to pierce Superman.

Placidity
Or Magik

-Pr-

yes he does.

i'll leave this open for a bit, but eventually it'll have to be closed.

Tazer
Yo.

sure; do U realize that just becuz a bullet is made of A-metal desnt mean it gains pierce-thru-anything -properties??

ok, look at it this way: when a super-dense object is fired upon by a smaller, but also dense, blunt object.......wat happens?

Tazer

Placidity
Originally posted by -Pr-
yes he does.

i'll leave this open for a bit, but eventually it'll have to be closed.

Not questioning you, just interested, but could you provide scans, or maybe direct to the right respect page number?

If its just a 'mild' factor then pretty much all supers have em I think. I mean almost all of them heal faster than humans right?

Lord Feron
if a bullet with a enough force behind it were to hit Supes or Goku in the head yeah they would be dead.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Lord Feron
if a bullet with a enough force behind it were to hit Supes or Goku in the head yeah they would be dead.

But doesn't supes have an aura that protects him not density of his skin.

ankur29
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

sure; do U realize that just becuz a bullet is made of A-metal desnt mean it gains pierce-thru-anything -properties??

Tazer

thumb up
what i was gonna say

in the scenario that a bullet of A metal and B adamantium
of equal mass and identical casing/shape/size
accelerated to same speed say supersoinc speeds and fired at Superman

f=ma

both bullets would have the same impact force when it collides , neither bullets accelarated force would be sufficient to peirce SM's skin

only diff is steel one woudl deshape whereas adamntium would just ping off completely unaffected

Placidity
^If you maintain that the adamantium bullet would remain 'unaffected', then whether or not it would penetrate Supes/Goku would depend on how great that acceleration is...

If its just from any normal small arms, then it wouldn't do anything.

jalek moye
there is no human made gun with the necessary power

ankur29
^If you maintain that the adamantium bullet would remain 'unaffected', then whether or not it would penetrate Supes/Goku would depend on how great that acceleration is...

If its just from any normal small arms, then it wouldn't do anything.

correct ...

however this raises the question how strong is logan he cuts Hulk regualrly , and hulk skin's tensile strength is too mucg for a high calibre bullet

and also how adamantium bullets can peirce hulk and normal bullets can't

Placidity
Well technically, it depends on bullet caliber, but that requires a matching gun...

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Yeah, something like that.

If you put enough energy behind this bullet it will pierce either of them. Whether or not they die depends on where they get shot.

Tha C-Master
The piercing depends on the velocity of the bullet.Originally posted by Placidity
Not questioning you, just interested, but could you provide scans, or maybe direct to the right respect page number?

If its just a 'mild' factor then pretty much all supers have em I think. I mean almost all of them heal faster than humans right? In the issue where he and Batman switched powers because of Banshee, Batman was cut really bad by some glass and immediately healed as Alfred operated on him. Supes just doesn't get hurt that bad too often.

Lord Feron

yeah I know but it doesn't really help him here. Again I'm just saying if the bullet has enough force i mean if it comes out of a glock i don't think that would be enough.

Anyway his aura is great but he has been cut and pier ced and stabbed by things that were far less from indestructable. (granted they have hjad the force behind it which is the deciding factor for me).

If the argument Can Adamantium pierce Supes yes.. yes it could and that goes teh same for goku.

Lord Feron

Thats i disagree with IMO maybe some crazy sniper rifle ... if not a railgun shooting adamantium bullets should definitly do the trick.

Juntai
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
The piercing depends on the velocity of the bullet. In the issue where he and Batman switched powers because of Banshee, Batman was cut really bad by some glass and immediately healed as Alfred operated on him. Supes just doesn't get hurt that bad too often. Although Connor has more direct control of it, I take it that not only does Superman have ultra-dense physiology, but in the sense that bullets bounce off of Connor -- who is a clone of him and his powers -- because he wills them to, so too does Superman. No bullet is penetrating him.

jalek moye
yeah I know but it doesn't really help him here. Again I'm just saying if the bullet has enough force i mean if it comes out of a glock i don't think that would be enough.

Anyway his aura is great but he has been cut and pier ced and stabbed by things that were far less from indestructable. (granted they have hjad the force behind it which is the deciding factor for me).

If the argument Can Adamantium pierce Supes yes.. yes it could and that goes teh same for goku.
what conventional weapon has cut him?

jalek moye
Originally posted by Juntai
Although Connor has more direct control of it, I take it that not only does Superman have ultra-dense physiology, but in the sense that bullets bounce off of Connor -- who is a clone of him and his powers -- because he wills them to, so too does Superman. No bullet is penetrating him.
Supes isnt psionic like Conner though

He might have a small degree but that aspects of Superman has pretty much been abandoned

-Pr-

If its just a 'mild' factor then pretty much all supers have em I think. I mean almost all of them heal faster than humans right?

sure, give me a few mins.

it's sometimes one, sometimes the other, the best guess imo is that it's a bit of both.

Originally posted by Tha C-Master
The piercing depends on the velocity of the bullet. In the issue where he and Batman switched powers because of Banshee, Batman was cut really bad by some glass and immediately healed as Alfred operated on him. Supes just doesn't get hurt that bad too often.

that's one.

Other examples...

Superman Batman #2
Superman is shot with a kryptonite bullet by Metallo. He's barely strong enough to remove an electrified drain covering. Mere seconds after the bullet is removed from his skin, he's up and about. He's able to block heat vision with his hand and briefly match a future Superman in h2h combat.

In the Superman book, post infinite crisis, i don't recall the number, a future Khyber mentions that Superman has "prodigious healing powers"

If you want more, i can go digging.

leonidas
hmm, don't know goku from nothing, but in supes case, i'd think it COULD kill him were it supplied with enough energy. i liken it to wolverine trying to cut superman. no, i don't think logan could cut him, but give his claws to hulk and you would have a definite argument. were the bullet fired at say close to lightspeed at his head? then yeah, i'd say it would probably be enough to kill him. shrug

The Nuul
umm yeahhhh.

Badabing
Adamantium or not, a bullet still doesn't carry sufficient force to pierce Supes. Also...

Comic Book Vs Forum Rules

Keep them comic related.

- If there is another forum for discussing the characters, they are banned. This includes game characters, anime/manga, and Star Wars.

Badabing
Re-opened for a time.

carver9
Thanks and by the way, I dont think either could be hurt by an adamantium bullet.

-Pr-
Just to be clear, if this is going to remain open for any time at all, talk of Goku has to be done away with. You can substitute other comic characters if you like...

carver9
If thats you raoul, come on, its goku, whats wrong with talking about him?

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
If thats you raoul, come on, its goku, whats wrong with talking about him?

dbz characters aren't allowed on this forum. they have their own one for that...

Tazer
Yo.

but thats says nothing of the BULLET; in *that* scenario its all about the FORCE behind it.

IRL, I think a coil/railgun could do it.

Originally posted by ankur29
correct ...

however this raises the question how strong is logan he cuts Hulk regualrly , and hulk skin's tensile strength is too mucg for a high calibre bullet

and also how adamantium bullets can peirce hulk and normal bullets can't

Logan is able to cut Hulk becuz his A-metal claws are SHARP.......and he'll always retain (thru the typical comic BS-physics) the necessary STR/force needed to penetrate.

but correct me if Im wrong here: in his 1st appearance, was Logan able to cut Hulk or no?? Im a bit foggy on that point.....

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

agreed 100%

Tazer

carver9
dbz characters aren't allowed on this forum. they have their own one for that...

Agreed

SoulDevourer
bullet bounces of supe (if its PC supe anyway)
bullet goes thru goku but he regenerates

PRAYERRUN
guess the arguement here is could adamnatium cut through Superman?

SoulDevourer
not thru PC supe, imo (tho even his skin has been cut b4 so I dunno)

Lord Feron
what conventional weapon has cut him?

Oh oh no I didn't say anything conventional cut him. I just said his Bio Aura isn't all that.

I don't think a conventional weapon can hurt him... I said before maybe some kind of crazy sniper rifle or soemthing. By crazy I mean like alien tech or something.

SoulDevourer
what conventional weapon has cut him? depends what u mean by conventional

he wuz fighting this robot that had rilly sharp blades and they cut thru his skin

also DDs bones can cut him

Lord Feron
Originally posted by PRAYERRUN
guess the arguement here is could adamnatium cut through Superman?

Absolutely!

carver9
A lot of things has cut superman, hell, one of the sinister 6 (hope thats the name of the team that bizarro created on war world) cut superman with his ax.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
A lot of things has cut superman, hell, one of the sinister 6 (hope thats the name of the team that bizarro created on war world) cut superman with his ax.

that was a mockup of the Persuader from the Fatal Five. His axe can cut damn near ANYTHING.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
depends what u mean by conventional

he wuz fighting this robot that had rilly sharp blades and they cut thru his skin

also DDs bones can cut him

DD's bones aren't conventional weapons.

PRAYERRUN
I say that if...and I mean IF...Wolverines adamnatium claws can impale Superman....then yeah, an adamnatium bullet can too. I aint even taking about Goku though.

Eternal Idol
Both are faster than bullets, but the question isn't whether they're faster. If each were shot in the head by an adamantium bullet, I think it would kill them both.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Eternal Idol
Both are faster than bullets, but the question isn't whether they're faster. If each were shot in the head by an adamantium bullet, I think it would kill them both.

facepalm

Tazer

Digi
How was this re-opened? Or rather, why? I know how.

Badabing
Originally posted by Digi
How was this re-opened? Or rather, why? I know how. We talked about it on mesenger. Seemed there was a good convo with Supes. We thought of re-naming the title or adding another character.

If you weren't so snobby and joined messenger you'd be involved in the executive decisions. sneer

biscuits

stick out tongue

Hyperion Prime

Hyperion Prime
I think and Adamantium bullet could pierce both of them, but i think only a bullet shot out of a gatling gun could hurt supes.

Digi
Originally posted by Badabing
We talked about it on mesenger. Seemed there was a good convo with Supes. We thought of re-naming the title or adding another character.

If you weren't so snobby and joined messenger you'd be involved in the executive decisions. sneer

biscuits

stick out tongue

Yeah, I was gonna suggest re-naming the title. Unless, of course, you need a global to do that...

...in which case you could talk to someone who cares, like Rex.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Digi
Yeah, I was gonna suggest re-naming the title. Unless, of course, you need a global to do that...

...in which case you could talk to someone who cares, like Rex.

thin ice, digidouche. uhuh

leonidas
laughing out loud

meh. i still say if the bullet were given enough energy, it could do supes in if he were fired at his head. maybe. dontgetit

K-Dog
If adamantium is incapable of hurting Superman, then Doomsday's bones and skin would have to be greater than adamantium. And we saw his bones breaking off, so that can't be true.

Also, unless we break real world physics, anything that goes fast enough or has something pushing behind it will pierce anything else. Water or other fluids traveling fast enough will pierce steel. Fluids are compressed and have force put behind them to operate hydraulic equipment, etc.
A grain of sand orbiting the earth can move fast enough to damage satellites, etc.

Placidity
Originally posted by K-Dog

Also, unless we break real world physics, anything that goes fast enough or has something pushing behind it will pierce anything else. Water or other fluids traveling fast enough will pierce steel. Fluids are compressed and have force put behind them to operate hydraulic equipment, etc.
A grain of sand orbiting the earth can move fast enough to damage satellites, etc.

Interesting...

Half of it sounds false though confused

I don't get where you were going with the hydraulics, that kinda has no bearing on what we are discussing.

-Pr-
If adamantium is incapable of hurting Superman, then Doomsday's bones and skin would have to be greater than adamantium. And we saw his bones breaking off, so that can't be true.

doomsday's fists move faster and with more force than a bullet, though.

Endless Mike
Probably not, unless it was moving close to lightspeed

leonidas
doomsday's fists move faster and with more force than a bullet, though.

if dd had an adamantium sword, you think he could run superman through?

-Pr-
Originally posted by leonidas
if dd had an adamantium sword, you think he could run superman through?

yup.

leonidas
yeah, me too. big grin

shokosugi
NO

nicamarvin
Originally posted by leonidas
if dd had an adamantium sword, you think he could run Juggernaut through?

... stick out tongue

-Pr-
Originally posted by shokosugi
NO

laughing out loud

NO

why not?

i've always been a firm believer in the idea that anything can penetrate almost anything with enough force put behind it.

Parmaniac
NO

yes...

best example is the one with DD bones

EDIT: even a marshmallow could blast through Supe when it's given enough energy/speed

Parmaniac
Interesting...

Half of it sounds false though confused

I don't get where you were going with the hydraulics, that kinda has no bearing on what we are discussing.

nothing's false in this, the point he's tryin to make is it's insignificant WHAT hits him it just depends on the SPEED/FORCE behind it

EDIT: Another good example are asteroids, an asteroid with the size of a Truck could erase New York City because it's moving so fast when it "impacts" <not sure about this term

EDIT2: To return to topic YES it's POSSIBLE but NOT from an ordinary gun

Tazer
Yo.

NO

if Diana can slit Supes' throat w/her tiara, then DD can run thru him w/an A-metal sword

Tazer

K-Dog
Originally posted by Parmaniac
yes...

best example is the one with DD bones

EDIT: even a marshmallow could blast through Supe when it's given enough energy/speed

Could it? Is the matter in his body so much stronger than normal matter in real world physics that it could not hurt him? Would the atoms just completely dissolve into nothingness if they hit him hard enough? Or would they continue to go through him?

TheBadguy
when has supes been cut, the one that comes to my mind was ww's sword which doesn't correlate to this. If he's been cut by things below adamantium then with enough force he'd be pierced.

As for the other guy, If the other guy doesn't want to be cut then Its not cutting him.

Parmaniac
Could it? Is the matter in his body so much stronger than normal matter in real world physics that it could not hurt him? Would the atoms just completely dissolve into nothingness if they hit him hard enough? Or would they continue to go through him?

if that's the case you really think supes uneffected by this?

And Atoms don't just dissolve into nothingness, there's a particle accelarator in switzerland that collides 2 Protons into each other at near lightspeed if they get "destroyed" by this there are particles called Neutrinos spreading around.

If you want to stay at "Comic science" I say it's definately possible if someone like supe is able to go near/past lightspeed to destroy a copy of the moon, main prob is most writers writing stuff they don't know nothing about, I mean really carrying a black hole....

EDIT: this concept works even in comics I mean the whole powers of flash are build on this, otherwise he would be a normal dude

Master Court
Neither Superman, Goku, Juggernaut, nor Hulk can be killed with adamantium.

It can pierce Hulk, but not kill him. Even Bruce Banner survived a bullet to the brain, simply because he turned into Hulk. WWHulk took an adamantium bullet right through the eye and he was fine, not to mention hundreds of soldiers were shredding him up with admantium-firing weapons. Adamantium never does any more than superficial and/or insignificant damage to Hulk, and it's quickly repaired.

Superman, Goku, Juggernaut, and Hulk, are all basically invulnerable in their own ways, either durability, healing, or both. They are practically immortal, as all Superman needs is the sun and he can't really die. Juggernaut is supported by a mystical entity, making him almost entirely impervious to harm. And Hulk has been severely mutilated by adamantium several times, including being disemboweled, and he heals within seconds. You can't even kill Banner, because he just auto-hulks out.

Case... closed.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Master Court
Neither Superman, Goku, Juggernaut, nor Hulk can be killed with adamantium.

It can pierce Hulk, but not kill him. Even Bruce Banner survived a bullet to the brain, simply because he turned into Hulk. WWHulk took an adamantium bullet right through the eye and he was fine, not to mention hundreds of soldiers were shredding him up with admantium-firing weapons. Adamantium never does any more than superficial and/or insignificant damage to Hulk, and it's quickly repaired.

Superman, Goku, Juggernaut, and Hulk, are all basically invulnerable in their own ways, either durability, healing, or both. They are practically immortal, as all Superman needs is the sun and he can't really die. Juggernaut is supported by a mystical entity, making him almost entirely impervious to harm. And Hulk has been severely mutilated by adamantium several times, including being disemboweled, and he heals within seconds. You can't even kill Banner, because he just auto-hulks out.

Case... closed.

true but what if we take this to the Adamantium Sword thread
or make it even worse let's take a giant adamantium mixer shifty

EDIT: I just wanted to take away the argument that adamantium isn't able to pierce through them

Cuo

Kris Blaze
Assuming the bullet could pierce his skin, Superman would fall if he took two shots or so to the dome.

h1a8
No. The bullet will ricochet. Just imagine is a little girl throwing an adamantium bullet at your chest. The bullet will bounce off. Why? Because it doesn't have enough force on it to penetrate. So it would take much more than typical bullet speed to have a chance of penetrating Superman. Although noncanon, the writers of Superman apparently think he can withstand adamantium cutting beams as shown in the FF crossover. So I easily say Nay!

ColossusGrundy
Doesn't really matter what it's made of if it can't penetrate the skin. Bullet ricochets off of him and this post is dumb.

dmills
Depends on this caliber of the gun.

srankmissingnin
Adamantium is written as having near total armor penetrating properties. Arguing that an Adamantium bullet lakes the force to penetrate is attempting to pigeon hold Adamantium into the parameters of real world metals, where it clearly doesn't belong.

Superman has a force field. He's fine. Goku gets capped.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Cuo
As for water cutting steel, its not actually the water cutting the steel. There is an abrasive(Garnet) added to the water. The water pushes the Garnet at the steel. Garnet is harder than most steel alloy.

the newest pure water waterjets can cut 4mm of aluminium without any abrasives adding abrasives just makes it more effective and cheaper cause you don't have to create such high pressures and if you keep in mind that Adamantium is said to be indestructible it only depends on the force pushing it foward to burst through supes skin (or anything else)

I said before an ordinary gun wouldn't be able to do so and an ordinary projectile would maybe not enough to kill supes cause of his raised healing capabilities but the concept that a projectile gets through him like a real life bullet does with normal humans isn't really far-fetched

EDIT: Damn DD cutted Superman before with his bones and a kryptonite weakend Superman was shot by an ordinary gun after he was poisoned by Magog

SuperLuigi
superman is not faster than goku

Cuo
Originally posted by Parmaniac the newest pure water waterjets can cut 4mm of aluminium without any abrasives adding abrasives just makes it more effective and cheaper cause you don't have to create such high pressuresAluminium has a TS of 7-11MPa, the super-critical water used in the jets is 22MPa.

They cut softer materials with less loss of material providing greater detail in cutting but significantly less power.

So I fail to see why you would bring up another example that proves force is limited by the cutting material.Even in the Marvel Universe, Adamantium was not the strongest material. Adamantium could be dented with sufficient force and was considered weaker than the material that composed Captain America's shield.

However, Adamantium would carry a tremendous amount of force. Whether that force would be able to cut thru Superman would still be debatable.No mater how much force you add to a Marshmallow its not gonna go thru a steel plate.You insinuate that DD's bones are a soft material and that its DD's strength alone that drove the bones thru Superman's skin. We know that DD's bones are far more dense than a human bone.

The Nuul

DBZ sucks.

Correct.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by SuperLuigi
superman is not faster than goku laughing out loud
Yeah, he is.

That's a different scenario, PM is indestructible, so if you add enough force, it will pierce whatever it hit.

The Nuul

This is not an Supes vs crappy anime character thread.

Cuo
That's a different scenario, PM is indestructible, so if you add enough force, it will pierce whatever it hit. Its not a different scenario its the scenario he gave. Infact another poster suggested with enough force, any material could penetrate anything.

Which means that at least two posters misunderstood the physics. The examples given didn't prove their point.

Your point is valid, if you read what I wrote just previously to that about Adamantium. Then you would see that I was not contesting that stronger materials had greater ability to transfer force.

Spire
Not piercing Supes.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Cuo
Its not a different scenario its the scenario he gave. Infact another poster suggested with enough force, any material could penetrate anything.

Which means that at least two posters misunderstood the physics. The examples given didn't prove their point.

Your point is valid, if you read what I wrote just previously to that about Adamantium. Then you would see that I was not contesting that stronger materials had greater ability to transfer force.
I am comparing your scenario with the the first scenario posted by the topic creator.

Philosophía
In an average comic portrayal Goku would beat Superman, imo.

Superman at the top of his game (Final Crisis, OWAW) or forum battle Superman would beat Goku.

Neither of them would die if shot by an adamantium bullet.

ermmnone

Galan007
even if an adamantium bullet pierced superman, he would heal nigh-instantly from the wound..

zeel

Exactly superman is not faster then Goku. Hes ALOT faster.

Bouboumaster
Everyone die but Hulk.

Cuo
I am comparing your scenario with the the first scenario posted by the topic creator. Its not my scenario. Its Parmaniac's..

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Cuo
Its not my scenario. Its Parmaniac's..
Oh, my fault. I didn't read what you were commenting on.

Kris Blaze

Philosophía
No.

r0nm0n88
Not an adamantium one.

because its adamantum doesnt mean it will pierce him, its just means when the bullets bounces off of clark, it will have taken no damage.

gogogadgetgo
Could they die, because adamantium is industructible.

superman doesn't die. the bullet will just bonce off

goku would wtf die and get his brains scattered around

godking
Could they die, because adamantium is industructible. No the bullet would bounce off him.

big juggy man
Japanese comic book fans are funny. Superman is far stronger and faster than Goku or any dbz character not to mention most manga or anime sucks donkey balls.

carver9
Originally posted by big juggy man
Japanese comic book fans are funny. Superman is far stronger and faster than Goku or any dbz character not to mention most manga or anime sucks donkey balls.

I dont know where you get this assumption from but everyone is entitled to there own opinion.

carver9

carver9
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
superman doesn't die. the bullet will just bonce off

goku would wtf die and get his brains scattered around

And why is that since we all know that conventional weapons cant hurt goku? confused

Lord Feron
If there were 2 superman. And one had a piece a metal shaped like a bullet, then he took that said bullet and jammed it with as much force as he can into the other superman's head, that superman would die.

Adamantium could could cut supes but think one would need a decent amount of strength to stab him... I would think Namor level chracter could do it. But who knows in comic, hell i bet they write batman being able to stab Supes, with a "unbreakable" metal.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Badabing
Adamantium or not, a bullet still doesn't carry sufficient force to pierce Supes. Also...

Comic Book Vs Forum Rules

Keep them comic related.

- If there is another forum for discussing the characters, they are banned. This includes game characters, anime/manga, and Star Wars.

True, I mean if you think about it I don't think an Adamantium Bullet can pierce Kimura either so it's most likely not going to pierce Superman unless he's aura is messed up or something.

ColossusGrundy
Can't believe you people would disrespect this forum by bringing Goku or any other gay DBZ crap into it.

Goku would die from whatever, because he would spend 20 minutes screaming and telling his opponent just how he was going to attack him, to end up surprised when they countered. (DUH, you just told them what you were going to do)

DBZ is complete gayness.

rotiart
1. If you assume that adamantium being indestructible is greater than supermans invulnerability.
2. Get a bullet say the kind in a rail gun.
3. Put it in a rail gun that fires bullets at the speed of light...Or flash level speeds whichever is greater
4. Remembering that even though flash does not have supeerstrngtj but does have superspeed was able to hurt superman prime the equivalent of superman...
5. Then yes a bullet could kill superman

on a sidenote... The highest level of goku beats superman

Tazer
Yo.

an A-bullet fired from a normal gun would just bounce off; fired from anything like a railgun *possibly could* kill'im.

Tazer

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>