Kyo Kusanagi Vs Ryu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

REY1987
i know you will all hate me for this and call me names and stuff....

but here i go anyways....

KYO vs RYU

you can speculate, but i think kyo will win.... not only because he has more move and fighting skills which has evolved and developed over time BUT ALSO he attacks with flames - fire....while ryu consistently has the same attack pattern over years with no noticeable changes whatsoever and he hits his opponent with what?.... does "blue colored thingy" defines it....

all ryu can his shoot his so 90's "Adoken" or whatever with smaller and bigger sizes..... thats not cool.... and wandering warrior.... bull****

kyo is more likely to be seen as a winner in this match up......

but there u go the ball in your court..

"let the mudslinging BEGIN!!!"

Sado22
Kyo. anyday. the day ryu's capable of sending people flying with just the force of his blows, let me know.

speed, strength, power, experience=kyo all the way

~Sado

Sin_Volvagia
I'd have to say Ryu. I haven't seen much from Kyo. He can control fire and won several KOFs but that's all I know of him. Ryu can dodge bullets and was lifting some heavy boulder in one of his endings. He even managed to survive a fight against Akuma.

Kyo seems to be pretty weak when compared to the other SNK heros.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Sado22
Kyo. anyday. the day ryu's capable of sending people flying with just the force of his blows, let me know.

speed, strength, power, experience=kyo all the way

~Sado
You forgot something. Kyo also has a cooler outfit.

Kirikaze Fuuma
Kyo wins. More moves, more powerful and faster.

danteiscool
Kyo ftw. would have responded earlier if not for the damn power going out in everything.

P-Geyser
Ryu.

Sado22
based on what? stop being such a hater mate. you know damn well that kyo's got better feats than this dosche.

kyo's feats:
-busted a huge iron mast with a flick of his arm, almost effortlessly (KoFAD)
-a powerup caused the earth to tremble around him (KoFZero ad)
-his punch had enough force to blow goro daimon and benimaru away (notice it was just the force of his blow and not the blow itself)
-punched Iori several feat away with a punch
-KO'd Orochi with a punch
-wrecked the entire NEST base with his serpeant wave move in KoF99
-he actually fights in an extremely toned down way because as shown in KoFKYO, his flames are capable of incinerating people if he so wishes. he was about to incinerate Yashiro and Yamazaki together until Kaguar stopped him. ryu's flame hadouken can cause bad burns but not incineration nor gouki's for that matter
-fought Orochi Iori and lived to talk about it
-fought Orochi and lived to talk about it (orochi>>>>akuma)
-fought Igniz and lived to talk about it (Igniz>>>>>>Akuma)
-fought Goenitz, Orochi trio and lived to talk about all of whom are about as powerful as Gouki if not more

and lol at kyo being weak compared to SNK heroes. the man beat Terry Bogard in a spar and i'm really curious to know how you think he won the KoF tournaments when the other "superior" fighters are there in it?

Ryu's way too overrated for someone who has no feats in terms of striking power. sure he lifted a bolder but the strongest hitting force ryu's shown is knocking down Adon with a hadouken.

fighting gouki and living isn't a feat considering that Kyo's fought MUCH worse and lived as well.

~Sado

P-Geyser
based on what? stop being such a hater mate. you know damn well that kyo's got better feats than this dosche.

kyo's feats:
-his punch had enough force to blow goro daimon and benimaru away (notice it was just the force of his blow and not the blow itself)
-he actually fights in an extremely toned down way because as shown in KoFKYO, his flames are capable of incinerating people if he so wishes. he was about to incinerate Yashiro and Yamazaki together until Kaguar stopped him. ryu's flame hadouken can cause bad burns but not incineration nor gouki's for that matter
-fought Goenitz, Orochi trio and lived to talk about all of whom are about as powerful as Gouki if not more

and lol at kyo being weak compared to SNK heroes. the man beat Terry Bogard in a spar and i'm really curious to know how you think he won the KoF tournaments when the other "superior" fighters are there in it?

Ryu's way too overrated for someone who has no feats in terms of striking power. sure he lifted a bolder but the strongest hitting force ryu's shown is knocking down Adon with a hadouken.

fighting gouki and living isn't a feat considering that Kyo's fought MUCH worse and lived as well.

~Sado

Correction it said that he and Terry sparred... not that there was a clear victor and I still choose Ryu wink and Kyo is overrated as well.

Sado22
well, kyo never wins matches for being kyo. ryu does. heck he gets to beat JIN KAZAMA just because he's Ryu laughing

Kirikaze Fuuma
Originally posted by P-Geyser
Correction it said that he and Terry sparred... not that there was a clear victor and I still choose Ryu wink and Kyo is overrated as well.

Not as overrated as Ryu.

P-Geyser
Originally posted by Kirikaze Fuuma
Not as overrated as Ryu.

Really?....you should check out that site KOF confusticated site. Kyo's profile actually states and I quote "This is the story about the greatest fighter ever to particapate in the KOF tournament".....making Kyo seem like he is Hercules and other fighters such as Terry,Ryo,Athena mean SQUAT. At least with Ryu, he did set the tone for 2d fighters in general and yes I agree too many people think he owns everyones a$$ for free.

well, kyo never wins matches for being kyo. ryu does. heck he gets to beat JIN KAZAMA just because he's Ryu

What's funny is though like on KOF confusticated and YOUR site Kyo is portrayed as this japenese superman. Are you sure he can't also fly?...has x-ray vision? an adamantiam skeleton?

REY1987
look dude,

every one who is against Kyo, i admit that they have the right to be against him. but definitely they cannot have the brains for it. any idiot can tell that kyo has MORE moves, MORE power, MORE speed and MORE experience (as already has been explained by sado 22 above-thank you)

if you want to say, that you will still suggest Ryu as a winner. Than please suggest a move from Ryu that can match, let alone beat kyo's moves.

again he is faster, stronger, and he has the element on his side. fire is an all terrain/all season weapon. and kyo has full control over it.

and let me see. why is he overrated?

Because he actually belongs to a game that has been coming since 1994 in the form of tournaments and he has won most of them and has played major role in all of them. still asking why kyo

so listen, every story needs a protagonist and unlike ANY street fighter EVERY KOF had a sotryline that continued from a previous episode and ended with the next in loop. 98, 2002 and xii being the story gaps.
so i think when u chose a protaganist for such an elaborate story, tradition and history you dont chose some one who is

A. uneducated
B. homeless
C. wanderer
D. with no future

that looks like the qualities of an A-Grade HOBO. not a protagonist. hence, the reason they never chose RYU to be the main character of either of the street fighter movies.

Kyo on the other hand is not only more skilled and powerful than Ryu. his placement in the story and his profile automatically puts him at a higher point compared to other Snk or Capcom characters. because

A. he is educated, yes a skoolboy maybe but he is educated
B. belongs to a well known and proper family
C. funtional and realistic clothing, that me and you can wear to school or to movies
D. mentally stable, no shin shit or orochi crap
E. Orochi seal keeper and recently the only seal keeper left
F. good looking and has a background story of an average 20 sumthing guy

so dont just say RYU..... Prove it.

Thanks!
Rey

Sado22
you still read those manhuas and try to get an ulcer? non-canon mate, stop reading 'em. and what did i say about kyo about my site that makes him god? confused

damn straight! why would anyone wanna vouch for some homeless, closet homo with no shoes. worse yet, ryu's spent 33 years practicing karate and he still gets beat up by Ken who barely practicies (compared to ryu). on top of that, how can you devote your entire life to something and STILL suck at it. he has three moves for god's sake. how can you practice for 33 years and never get a new move for yourself? how?

every ryu fan breaks the form rules by coming up here and saying "ryu wins because he can fight akuma and live". that's bullshite. the same fans then cry when you tell them that kyo laid out Orochi and say its PIS but refuse to admit that the entire SF4 anime and ryu's pathetic fight with akuma was PIS as well.

not to mention that between "ryu wins, he lived against akuma" the fans think "kyo fought and lived against a god" doesn't amount to anything and can't be used against them. SF fans laughing

Kyo stomps Ryu, burns his clothes off and sends him crying to Ken.

~Sado

Darkstorm Zero
Draw....

We have been over this with a fine toothed comb countless times already, so I ain't touching this dead horse yet again

Sin_Volvagia

kyo's feats:

~Sado

I was hoping you'd post this earlier. Alright I stand corrected.

I thought Kyo was weaker than someone Terry because the canon endings I've seen show the villain being defeated by more than one person (Goenitz and Orochi for example).

Ryu's strongest attack is his Shoryuken (which took down Hugo). The Hadouken is just a long-distance punch.

P-Geyser
Originally posted by REY1987
look dude,

every one who is against Kyo, i admit that they have the right to be against him. but definitely they cannot have the brains for it. any idiot can tell that kyo has MORE moves, MORE power, MORE speed and MORE experience (as already has been explained by sado 22 above-thank you)

if you want to say, that you will still suggest Ryu as a winner. Than please suggest a move from Ryu that can match, let alone beat kyo's moves.

again he is faster, stronger, and he has the element on his side. fire is an all terrain/all season weapon. and kyo has full control over it.

and let me see. why is he overrated?

Because he actually belongs to a game that has been coming since 1994 in the form of tournaments and he has won most of them and has played major role in all of them. still asking why kyo

so listen, every story needs a protagonist and unlike ANY street fighter EVERY KOF had a sotryline that continued from a previous episode and ended with the next in loop. 98, 2002 and xii being the story gaps.
so i think when u chose a protaganist for such an elaborate story, tradition and history you dont chose some one who is

A. uneducated
B. homeless
C. wanderer
D. with no future

that looks like the qualities of an A-Grade HOBO. not a protagonist. hence, the reason they never chose RYU to be the main character of either of the street fighter movies.

Kyo on the other hand is not only more skilled and powerful than Ryu. his placement in the story and his profile automatically puts him at a higher point compared to other Snk or Capcom characters. because

A. he is educated, yes a skoolboy maybe but he is educated
B. belongs to a well known and proper family
C. funtional and realistic clothing, that me and you can wear to school or to movies
D. mentally stable, no shin shit or orochi crap
E. Orochi seal keeper and recently the only seal keeper left
F. good looking and has a background story of an average 20 sumthing guy

so dont just say RYU..... Prove it.

Thanks!
Rey

Look "Dude". First off, any idiot can see that KOF back in 94,till now is a team tournament. Kyo gets to be called the KOF champ whereas Beni and Gori did have something to do with it right? I believe that makes him overrated. More moves.. well guess your right since SNK keeps pampering this guy too know end.

Speaking for Ryu not being the main guy in SF movies, correct me if I am wrong but were those not "american"? SF the anime movie however was one of the best animes I have seen and I do believe Ryu was the focus of that.

Me thinks Ryu wins...I don't know cause of the years of experience(and no I did not say about anything about surviving akuma) but you know that don't mean sh!t here. I believe not sure though that the move SV stated which is the Shin Sho Ryuken.

you still read those manhuas and try to get an ulcer? non-canon mate, stop reading 'em. and what did i say about kyo about my site that makes him god?

I don't know how Kyo can blow away the whole crowd with just one blow turn people into kentucky fried Chicken considered "the greatest fighter" IN ALL OF KOF and I suppose SNK fighters...not good.

Sado22
welcome to the kusangi church, mate beer
don't listen to P-geyser, he fell from heaven a long time ago

i said that on my site? confused

P-Geyser
welcome to the kusangi church, mate beer
don't listen to P-geyser, he fell from heaven a long time ago

(gives Sado the finger)

i said that on my site? confused

I was talking in reference to how Kyo can scorch his opponents if he so pleased.

REY1987
nice to hear from you...... DUDE!

Although, you sort of just repeated what you have said before but anyways, ill reply something different to keep everyone interested.

first off, YES! they pamper him because he is worth pampering!
At least he changes his clothes every once in a while for god sake. again a game, a movie, a story, a cartoon, every piece of freakin' fiction needs a protagonist. and kyo as a protagonist is better than RYU in every sense. That is why they kiss his B.U.T.T and Ryu's in that case is too smelly to do so.....

second, ok so what even if he was the main character of the ANIMES, in order to correct you.... The movies were not 'american' they were "international" and when speaking worldwide nobody gives a pig's Arse about a jobless, homeless, duffle bag carrying hobo, who happens to be JAPANESE .... AND wearing the same attire since ages. (though in animes it works... actually everything does. even pikachu... :P)

Third, who ever beni and GORI!?!?! are.... tell them that Kyo already has two good team members called 'benimaru' and 'goro'
and they were not there when:

-KYO escaped nest - KOF99
-Defeated Orochi - KOF97
-Survived Orochi Iori - KOF97
-Saving Southtown - KOFAD
and more.... including this he is capable of facing iori at any given time, defending the orochi seal 24x7, kicking NEST's butt, Teaching Shingo, Learning from Saisyu, having a Girlfriend etc... all on is own.

and thats a "worthy" protagonist right there my friend..... who IS again i will add... is better at fighting too....

what does Ryu has to do with his worthless life, whats his use in this world. other than practicing his three moves over and over again......
and defeating akuma or gouki or whatever...

if u love Ryu so much than try to prove it..... dont just say ryu will win.... prove it or go crying to capcom asking them to re-design ryu's character as someone like dante.... because that is the level kyo is at.....

P.S. Did u know! KFC is made with the help of 'FIRE' or 'FLAMES' so anyone wielding enough fire can make KFCapcom anytime.....

Thanks for reading everyone!!
Rey

Sado22
SF fanboys would tell you that ryu can based on absolutely nothing. at most capcom has said that ryu can badly burn with his shakuunetsuhadouken. meanwhile Kyo was about to "incinerate" yamazaki AND yashiro together because he lost it and started going all out. at least i have semblence of proof backing me up. KoFKYO being noncanon is bull because it wasn't a "Dream match" and it wasn't stated by SNK to be noncanon and it was made and based on the manga (KoFKYO), serves as the followup....on which SNK and Andy Seto worked together. just like KoFzillion. Andy Seto works for SNK unlike other manhua writers who just work unassociated with KoF but just have the license to do so.

Darkstorm Zero
It also wasn't stated to BE canon... but you forget that fact, and thus you say "I'm using it because........ because it's cool!"

Sado22
it wasn't stated to be noncanon either, which SNK always let us know if it is noncanon (98, 2002, XII). SNK don't really go around making a big deal about their story like Capcom does. they hired Andy Seto said, look here here's the SNK license and here's some money, please write us a comicbook on Kyo and we'll call it KoFKyo. then since it did pretty well, they called him again and said, look here, he's the SNK license and more money and now we're working on an RPG with Kyo in it which will be the follow up to the story you wrote which was based on the story we wrote which you then expanded.

KoFKYO the manga was semicanon. KoFKYO the game is a sequel the followup to that story. thus KoFKYO is at worst, semicanon and at best canon. and since its a game that SNK made themselves and there is no "dream match" or a disclaimer saying "it doesn't have a story" we can easily go around calling it canon since SNK clearly state when someting isn't canon (KoF2002, KoF98, KoFneoblood, KoFXII). in fact, SNK don't mention canonity but only NONcanonity, which simply means that everything is canon.

~Sado

I am who I am
Honestly...Ryu walks all over my ace and I doubt Ryu will even have to put full effort into it. It'll kinda be a warm up for Sagat. Kyo aint weak but he's far from bullet proof, bullet dodgin', boulder liftin' and super sized chi blast.

But that's just me bein' real. JUST WHAT I THINK as in me and no one else.

Darkstorm Zero
Ironically, they never slated SVC Chaos as non-canon...... Chalk up a testament to Sado being wrong, again...

P-Geyser
nice to hear from you...... DUDE!

Right back at ya DUDE DUDE!

Although, you sort of just repeated what you have said before but anyways, ill reply something different to keep everyone interested.

WTF are you talking about? how did I reapeat myself?

first off, YES! they pamper him because he is worth pampering!
At least he changes his clothes every once in a while for god sake. again a game, a movie, a story, a cartoon, every piece of freakin' fiction needs a protagonist. and kyo as a protagonist is better than RYU in every sense. That is why they kiss his B.U.T.T and Ryu's in that case is too smelly to do so.....

Yes they do pamper him more than any other character as it would seem and it sucks.

second, ok so what even if he was the main character of the ANIMES, in order to correct you.... The movies were not 'american' they were "international" and when speaking worldwide nobody gives a pig's Arse about a jobless, homeless, duffle bag carrying hobo, who happens to be JAPANESE .... AND wearing the same attire since ages. (though in animes it works... actually everything does. even pikachu... :P)

Really? tell that to the contless and hordes of Ryu fans. I never claimed I was a Ryu mark but seems you are getting bent out of shape seeing the name calling. I have alot of things I want to call Kyo...

Third, who ever beni and GORI!?!?! are.... tell them that Kyo already has two good team members called 'benimaru' and 'goro'
and they were not there when:

I WAS JUST SHOWING YOU that Benimaru and Goro were teammates...it's not like Kyo did this sh!t all by himself as well it took him Iori and Chizuru to deafeat Orochi but YET he somehow gets all the credit. UNDERSTAND?!

if u love Ryu so much than try to prove it..... dont just say ryu will win.... prove it or go crying to capcom asking them to re-design ryu's character as someone like dante.... because that is the level kyo is at.....

Okay you need to tone down your phucking attitude... obvisiously you seem to be a Kyo lover and I never said anywhere I was a "Ryu lover" okay jack? I said I think Ryu will win due to his experience

P.S. Did u know! KFC is made with the help of 'FIRE' or 'FLAMES' so anyone wielding enough fire can make KFCapcom anytime.....

no expression

it wasn't stated to be noncanon either, which SNK always let us know if it is noncanon (98, 2002, XII). SNK don't really go around making a big deal about their story like Capcom does. they hired Andy Seto said, look here here's the SNK license and here's some money, please write us a comicbook on Kyo and we'll call it KoFKyo. then since it did pretty well, they called him again and said, look here, he's the SNK license and more money and now we're working on an RPG with Kyo in it which will be the follow up to the story you wrote which was based on the story we wrote which you then expanded.

KoFKYO the manga was semicanon. KoFKYO the game is a sequel the followup to that story. thus KoFKYO is at worst, semicanon and at best canon. and since its a game that SNK made themselves and there is no "dream match" or a disclaimer saying "it doesn't have a story" we can easily go around calling it canon since SNK clearly state when someting isn't canon (KoF2002, KoF98, KoFneoblood, KoFXII). in fact, SNK don't mention canonity but only NONcanonity, which simply means that everything is canon.

Those Andy Seto shIthole comics need to be burned at the stake.

Kirikaze Fuuma
Originally posted by I am who I am
Honestly...Ryu walks all over my ace and I doubt Ryu will even have to put full effort into it. It'll kinda be a warm up for Sagat. Kyo aint weak but he's far from bullet proof, bullet dodgin', boulder liftin' and super sized chi blast.

But that's just me bein' real. JUST WHAT I THINK as in me and no one else.

Ryu is not bullet proof. But if you're talking about satsui no hadou Ryu, then you're right.

super sized ki blast? You mean shinkuu hadouken and metsu hadouken huh? I can also said Kyo can made a pillar of flame and made a big explosion of flame.

Sado22
cuz it was called a "dream match". besides, they naturally assumed that since its a cross-over it don't need to be canon. nor can it.

zillion was good, foo mad

REY1987
WASSUP DUDE! {sarcasm}

WTF are you talking about? how did I reapeat myself?

|||AFTER ALOT OF BULLSH!T LATER.....|||

Okay you need to tone down your ||phucking|| attitude... obvisiously you seem to be a Kyo lover and I never said anywhere I was a "Ryu lover" okay jack? ||I said I think Ryu will win due to his experience||

YES YOU REPEATED YOURSELF MY FRIEND.... AND STILL I HAVE THE SAME THING TO SAY. PROVE IT B.I.T.C.H ........

P-Geyser
WASSUP DUDE! {sarcasm}

Suck ON THIS!(there's to your sarcasm)

|||AFTER ALOT OF BULLSH!T LATER.....|||

Oh PHUCKING PLEASE....

YES YOU REPEATED YOURSELF MY FRIEND.... AND STILL I HAVE THE SAME THING TO SAY. PROVE IT B.I.T.C.H ........

I ASK AGAIN HOW DID I REPEAT MYSELF A$$H.O.L.E?! was it cause I said Ryu has been around longer and due to experience and his non stop training

REY1987
whatever DuDe..... result of the match.

kyo wins.... ryu loses...

cuz hanging your ass around for a longer time....doesnt earn you feats or skills and definitely not heritage and power......

Darkstorm Zero
You phail....

Read previous threads, Ryu has not lost. And for no other reason than to say "Kyo beats Ryu!" did you make this thread.

Now, Ryu has experience, discipline, raw skills, better reaction times and probably more raw speed, and way more physical power.

Kyo does edge out Ryu for some part in the energy department, but not by very much. And then, only because his ki manifests itself as copious amounts of flames. But Flames are nothing new to Ryu at all...

Sin_Volvagia
If we use the VS. series Ryu, he might have a chance. But that's non-canon.

I am who I am
Originally posted by Kirikaze Fuuma
Ryu is not bullet proof. But if you're talking about satsui no hadou Ryu, then you're right.

super sized ki blast? You mean shinkuu hadouken and metsu hadouken huh? I can also said Kyo can made a pillar of flame and made a big explosion of flame.

1. Ryu's skin does not get harder when he uses the satsui no hadou...there is no evidence that Ryu can simply increase his durability by fightin' wit the intent to kill. Sounds pretty far fetched.

2. I have yet to see any of Kyo's moves reach the size or destructive power of Ryu's chi blast. Not even close.

This is just what I think, tho. IT'S MY OPINION. I'm not focin' you to think any different or sayin' what you think is wrong. I just added my two cents to the topic and that's all I would like to do.

Kirikaze Fuuma
Ryu has more physical power because he can lift boulder. But in term of striking feat, it's only metsu hadouken who blasted Seth away. However Kyo blasted his two friends just from a shockwave of his strike and he KO Orochi with his fist, and effortlessly parry an iron mast. So about striking feat I'll give it to Kyo.

In term of skill I think Kyo is better. Ryu has only 3 regular move + 3 beefed up moves in every SF series while Kyo has new moves or combination in almost every new KOF series. Also he had more moves than Ryu.

You can have your own opinion. I don't want to waste my energy just for a useless debate.

Sado22
ryu's 33 in SF3. now, i assume we're using this one as its their incarnations against the other. 33 years out of which he's spent only 10 proper fighting while the rest were sparing and dojodroking with ken in the moutians. that's 10 years of fighting experience. Kyo's been fighting for his phucking life since the Orochi saga began when he was 18...and things haven't quieted down for kyo since then. so, not only does kyo have to fight gods and demigods after his ass but he also has an isane iori trying to murder him. aside from SFa3 when was the last tme ryu's life was at stake in a fight? sfa2, he was fighting an akuma who was holding back. same goes for the one in that SF4 comic, assuming its canon. so no, mate, he aint got more experience. kyo's always fought at bad ods and with a lot on the stake.

discipline, lol. it doesnt prove squat. ryu's more disciplined than anyone in SF........but look what that got him.

raw skills: sorry mate, kyo takes the cake easy. he's a born natural with enough skill to topple his dad and be all-star japanese champ at 15 and 18 respectively. ryu's first championship win was at the age of 23

reacton time: you mean the bullets. for sake of arguments okay although the one time we saw it, the opponent was shooting a semiauto from several feet away

speed: kyo. what's the fastest thing ryu's done? its not like he outran the bullets. kyo literally makes quadruples of himself when he does the mu-shiki.

physical power: yeah, based on feats ryu takes this but NOT in striking power

but never incinerating flames mixed with insane striking force and someone whose faster than him and equally skilled if not more.

~Sado

Sado22
Rey and PG: will you guys give it a rest already. stop this shit or i'll report (and get banned for doing so)

P-Geyser
Rey and PG: will you guys give it a rest already. stop this shit or i'll report (and get banned for doing so)

You know me Sado. I don't like to be insulted and that's just what the guy did in his first response to me.

REY1987
yawn.....

wait...he said sumthing new finally...... smile

kyo still wins though... thanks sado for giving more analytical view on it.

Sado22
true but Lana doesn't know that or care to know. these days law&order means doing time for defending yourself and getting banned for reporting threads and resorting to flaming after 2 months of intense, sustained flames thrown your way but the mods being too dense to actually notice.
it's a nasty, unfair world. so you gotta keep your hands up sad

no probem mate. kyo rules! Happy Dance

Darkstorm Zero
Kyo has fought a featless immortal.... thats it. Iori's vendetta has very little actually going for it TBH, Neither of these two holds a candle to Gouki, who Ryu has defeated twice.

That discipline garnered him wins where others failed miserably. Bison, Gouki, Alex, Hugo, impressing Oro... among other achievements .

Kyo has lost more than his share due to arrogance and lack of experience, Skills are built on training as much as any natural latent talents, Ryu also has latent talents.

Reaction time vs raw speed, The Mu Shiki is a ki attack more than anything else, if you want that path, Ryu's Shinkuu Tatsumaki moves a LOT faster than Mu Shiki and strikes more than twice it's speed.

Striking power?! You are WAY off.... Where is Kyo's infamous striking power? No move he has comes close to the Shin Shoryuken in terms of impact power...

Sado22
orochi, igniz, omega rugal, goenitz and even riot iori. not to mention mukai, magaki and regular Iori all of which were extremely tough fights in which he had his life on the line. please notice that Magaki and Mukai were not even phased by combined attacks from the trinity...something even Orochi couldn't stand up against in the past.
the number of times Kyo's been in life-and-death situations is WAY too many times against Ryu. ryu's only life and death moment was what? fighting a non-serious gouki?
come on, mate, you're blatantly denying a long string of deathmatches here.

ryu's defeated non-serious gouki. and what makes you think kyo or iori can't. just cuz ryu beat him doesn't mean no one else can. and not to mention the MEGA PIS involved that you once again are pretending does exist. if laying out Orochi is PIS than no-comparable-feat ryu layng out several-tons-of-feats gouki is also PIS.

fact.

dear lord, please don't bring up the bison fight as a feat for ryu. he was pwned by Bison. getting pwned is not a feat. and the whole shoryuken bit was also PIS or semi-PIS.
gouki, blatant PIS.
Alex, huh? when was beating n00bs a feat?
Hugo? well, heh heh, lets get into this one now. Hugo=no feat. ryu "won". winning no feat.
Oro? so he impressed him. Kyo impressed Goenitz who has better feats than Oro. oro's feat is what? lifting a rock?

proof?
goenitz schooled him but he did considerably better (since you seem to suggest losing fights is impressive then why not eh?) the second time around. in fact, as far as i know, Iori didn't save kyo's live as much as he helped him. there's no proof of kyo "is screwed without Iori" that i know of.

Ryu has natural talent but not as much as Kyo, who bums around for the most part but when he trains he makes progress by leaps and bounds....proof? KoF99 and KoF96.

you're comparing two totally different moves. just compare their movement speed and you can easily tell that Kyo's faster. Plus, watch his fight against Iori in the KoF98 opening and the KoFzillion video. Kyo speed>Ryu speed. not to mention the insane hitting power kyo's displayed on more than one occassion...which ryu has yet to come close to.

and you're basing that of on what? in-game health? please mate.
kyo with a regular punch smacked Iori away at least 30 feat away, busted an IRON mast with effortlessy with a flame wave, brought down the entire NEST base in KoF99 and laid out Orochi. and if we bring in KoFzillion feats, then Kyo's shitting on Ryu from at least 3 stratusphere's higher phsyical ability and feats. aside from picking up a boulder and (never actually) dodging a bullet, ryu has...no...feats.

and if ryu can beat gouki, show me ONE REASON why kyo can't.

~Sado
P.S. you and i really can't live without arguing can we? although i assure you i intend to keep this civil.

P-Geyser
yawn.....

wait...he said sumthing new finally...... smile

kyo still wins though... thanks sado for giving more analytical view on it.

Phuck you...how's about that being somethin new? wink

REY1987
hi...

thanks every one for making my thread such a big hit...... thanks to u too P-Geyser....but special thanks to sado....

i mean guys just look at sado's post.... they are extensive.... precise... full of poofs... with reasoning... background history... and knowledge...

while apparently who ever is supporting ryu.... has one or maximum two things to say.... with out any back ground proof.... i mean dark storm is the only one here...who said SOMETHING other than just prattling "RYU WILL WIN CUZ HE HAS -A random pun goes here-"

and even darkstorm.... PLEASE....... SF bosses cant even compare to KOF bosses.... and we all know that... and u are calling them featless immortals... DUDE! your reason is bullsh!t in itself.... u are calling them immortals yourself... and kyo hasnt just fought these immortals, but had beaten them as well..... since when did killing immortals became an easy thing.....

Moreover, KOF protagonists/characters/fighters have to fight against government size Organizations and religion size Cults..... just take one time for example.... when did Ryu escaped.... something like N.E.S.T and survived....

i mean cmon... ask yourself even u will not agree that ken can beat KYO or even benimaru... but ken has beaten ryu..... its doesnt matter when and where... canon ...non canon.... the thing is KYO is not just an ordinary martial arts fighter like ryu nor he has a humanoid muscular strangth like ryu or he does not need to manifest ki like ryu...

he is an orochi seal keeper... and in any story, game or anime he is like that... he doesnt have to turn into anything shin/riot or evil.... to topple the other opponent... the power vested in him is for the protection of the world from orochi... he doesnt use Ki... its in his genes to create and manifest flames..... so much so that they were able to build an army taht could conquer the world JUST out of those genes.... even HIS CLONES are as strong as Krizalid, K' and K9999 tell me can u picture Ryu beating krizalid.......

i asked it before im asking again...since when did RYU SAVED THE WORLD.... what does he have to do in his life... if he will die tomorrow in Capcom world... what difference would it make.....

But on the other hand the importance of Kyo's power and abilities can be seen in the ongoing KOF storyline because ash is after his seal now... and its the last one left.... kyo is irreplaceable, his power are not limited to certain move or level. he can raise it to any level to save the world. Kyo is definitely in a different league here guys....

While ryu has a replacement in the form of ken in the same GAME/STORYLINE!

so before saying.... that Ryu will beat Kyo.... tell yourself that KYO is defending the SNK world right now all by himself by keeping that seal....

and than!

ask yourself... what is ryu defending.... do we even need Ryu in street fighter.... if yes than for what.... what can he do that anyone else in the rest of the street fighter roster cant do.... what is the point of him being able to lift a boulder..... or dodge bullets.... when he cant even beat ken....

Kyo has it in his blood.... its divine...... earned through heritage.... trained through time.... and perfected by whooping asses of people like Rugal, Goenitz, Orochi, NEST, Mukai and Magaki.... he has defended the world countless times... while keeping up with literally everything else..... and not by wandering around....like the other stinking hobo we are talking about....

THANKS YOU FOR READING!
Rey

Sado22
thanx dude.
and damn straight! finally a person who knows godly knowledge when he sees it. i've been giving facts and figures since i got here and challenged notions of how ryu lasting against akuma doesnt BY ANY MEAN that no one else can. the common trend for SF freedom fighters is that if ryu does something then ZOMG no one else can. bullshit. ryu has no feats compared besides picking up a boulder which bears nothing towards his performance or his striking power...and yet he beat regular Akuma. but lord, people with better feats can't beat Akuma? bull.

Sado>>KMC! Happy Dance

~Sado
P.S. you should check out my site! its below my sig! big grin

I-Drop
A few important things & questions.
1.Rey1987 uses insults a bit too much. Reminds me of an ******* who got his dumbass banned a lil' before Rey showed up confused That ******* was always bitching about people posting the same thing also. One can get their point across w/out name calling. People have the right to disagree.

2. Hasn't this been done b4?

3. PG you gotta try not to hate Kyo so much. It kinda makes you come off as a hater who will pick Kyo to lose because of the hate you have for him. SNK is to blame since they can't seem to replace him w/people who don't suck. He gets treated the way he does because he is awesome, bloodbro.

4. Kyo & Ryu are both great heroes. To point to the movies not focusing on Ryu as proof that nobody cares about Ryu is megastupid. Those movies that didn't focus on Ryu have one major thing in common. That thing is failure. The only thing we're sure that people don't care about IS those movies. The SF movies that didn't fail focused more on Ryu. Ryu's story is a cool one that MANY people care a whole lot about.

5. Unsure of a winner, but I don't see how Kyo's gonna get past this PIS new power Ryu has in SF4.

6. How many people has Kyo solo'd(kicked their ass ALL by himself w/no help @all)?

StyleTime
....I JUST realized that you are brainchild81.

I've thought you were someone else for like....a year.

I-Drop
Damn. I thought my coolness was like a fingerprint. What finally gave it away then?

Sado22
who? confused

*shrug*

people are too sensitive about certain charaters on both sides of the "control line"

well, i dont know too much about cool stories but ryu's popular as phuck and when someone's popular as phuck people automatically want more story for him or her.

arguable, because Ryu doesnt' seem to have control over it and as far as SF3 we don't see him use it again. it was just a brief glimpse of his full potential. i dont think i'd consider something that comes only 1% of the time as a reason why he'd beat Kyo. Kyo doesn't need PIS moves like those. about the only PIS with Kyo was his KO'ing Orochi...but since cats like to bring up ryu defeating gouki as a feat, despite its blatant PIS, i don't see why we should ignore Kyo's feat. generally,though, i'd prefer no one bringing up these blemishes.

Benimaru, Goro, Saishu, Athena, Orochi Chris and everyone he's beaten in the tournament to advance to the finals like he's been doing since KoF94.
the tricky bit is that beni and goro have always been around but they are barely that helpful.

~Sado

I-Drop
who? confused Some banned ******* who insulted me personally 'cuz I diss rehash. He was a sock user also because he was also known as "feelgood"
arguable, because Ryu doesnt' seem to have control over it and as far as SF3 we don't see him use it again. it was just a brief glimpse of his full potential. i dont think i'd consider something that comes only 1% of the time as a reason why he'd beat Kyo. Kyo doesn't need PIS moves like those. about the only PIS with Kyo was his KO'ing Orochi...but since cats like to bring up ryu defeating gouki as a feat, despite its blatant PIS, i don't see why we should ignore Kyo's feat. generally,though, i'd prefer no one bringing up these blemishes.Has Ryu ever beat a serious Gouki?

Sado22
dude, no one but me can diss you and live. i'm about the only person who's ever stalemated you laughing out loud

no. but cats keep mentioning how no one but ryu can face up to non-serious gouki...besides, cats also like to suggest that it was non-serious gouki that busted the island (to which i disagree).

~Sado

StyleTime
Originally posted by I-Drop
Damn. I thought my coolness was like a fingerprint. What finally gave it away then?
Something told me to click on your username. I saw your old monicker and was like...oh snap.

That explains why I-Drop's appearance in the MMA thread coincides with brainchild81's disappearance.

Nice to have you "back". laughing out loud

Bro SMASH
Some banned ******* who insulted me personally 'cuz I diss rehash. He was a sock user also because he was also known as "feelgood"

laughing I remember that guy.

Sado22
fixed.

Bro SMASH
Yeah, I guess that's much better.

I-Drop
laughing out loud Ditto

I am who I am
Damn. I thought my coolness was like a fingerprint. laughing out loud I'm gonna say that to someone.

I-Drop
Cool. As long as I get my $5.

Kyo beating Orochi is moot since it wasn't solo & Ryu/Gouki is moot until Gouki fights him seriously.

Sado22
ditto.

RyuJinSapt343
Why all this nonsensical hate towards Ryu tho?
Kyo's a frikkin badass and he's hella cool!!
However if i totally be honest and speak logically without acting like a turd then:-
1. Powers and Featwise :- Ryu >>> Kyo
2. Movesetwise :- Kyo >>> Ryu

As a character i like Kyo more cause he was developed perfectly and all the stories that had him made more sense than what Capcom put Ryu through.
However anyone who has watched all the Street Fighter animes and read all the mangas can easily say Ryu is stronger than Kyo.
Why? Because he is not just a normal human. He frikkin takes blows from Akuma! He has trained himself over years and has even fought fighters who use fire (Dhalsim for e.g but Kyo is stronger than Dhalsim). Ryu definitely has more experience than Kyo in terms of fighting (even though his character doesn't make much sense) and has even been shown to be able to observe his opponents carefully to identify their weaknesses whereas Kyo is a fighting genius but can sometimes lose temper and act impulsively. Point.
If Ryu fights with Kyo it is quite possible that Kyo takes the win however if Ryu taps into the Satsui no Hado, Kyo's done.

P.S I'm just a simple dude who's an awful fan of SF and KOF. KOF beats SF imo but i'm a huge-ass Kyo and Iori fan. As for Ryu he is one of my favourite characters too.

dvampire
I'll give it to Ryu. They don't show much strength, speed, and energy feats, so you have to really pay attention to the cast. Now, everyone should know that Seth's, Urien's, G, and Q all have metallic bodies, this make me believe that the boulder ryu lifted in 3rd strike is nothing to him now, because that wouldn't be enough to put a dent in those characters like Seth. Then you have Zangief making his body iron and Abigail being able to create shockwaves with his strength. So they're lifting a lot of tons. Does any one know how much force it takes to put a dent or break silver, gold, or iron? Could Seth's body be an alloy of silver? These are intelligent super villains trying to take over the world, they won't make regular silver for their bodies I'm sure. As for speed, yun, yang, chun-li, nacelli, Balrog, urien, Abigail etc, all show super speed through their fighting. Q runs to multiple cities causing destruction, that has to be very fast. And as for HEAT, the hadoken has to have heat to burn those kind of metal like beings and I doubt Alums will accept the hadoken only being concussive. He'll run into a lot of trouble against more powerful opponents. G uses pyrokenesis, so he's burning pass lava and mags temperatures. This means that the hadoken has to be a big threat, it has to burn him, because he's pretty hot, plus a gold body. So I give it to ryu, even though in the street fighter 5 movie it was a inconsistent.

lordxalba
Ryu wins easy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.