Anakin Skywalker vs. Galen Marek/Starkiller

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Anakin4Ever
This is Revenge of the Sith Light Side Anakin vs Force Unleashed Light Side Galen Marek. Here are the conditions:

1. Saber

2. Force

3. All out

My opinion: In the saber fight I'd have to give it up for Anakin. In force powers, Galen Marek would totally own him. All out: that would be a draw.

What do you guys think? starwars

Anakin4Ever
Wait a minute, has this been done before?

bayhunter12
anakin would win here. due to the fact his saber skills are far superior. and besides he could deflect marek's lightning with his lightsaber.

Eminence
This. And Marek takes the all-out as well on account of his superior power in the Force.

Lord Lucien
What Nutty said.

Anakin4Ever
Originally posted by bayhunter12
anakin would win here. due to the fact his saber skills are far superior. and besides he could deflect marek's lightning with his lightsaber.

I don't think Marek's lightning could be easily deflected by a lightsaber. Galen electrocuted a sarlacc, Shaak Ti, and a bull rancor.

Incanus
A mega sarlacc, not just any normal one. It was the largest sarlacc known to exist, and is the only mega sarlacc in the known galaxy.

Darth Martin
This has been done multiple times.

Sabers: Anakin
Force: Galen
All-out: Galen

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Darth Martin

Vorpal Ruin
I'm going with Anakin all the way.

How would anakin get 'totally owned' in the force?

Darth Martin
Galen stood up to a much more powerful Anakin in Vader. He also for a time made Sidious sweat.

Doubt Anakin could do the same.

Lord Lucien

Anakin4Ever
Galen stood up to a much more powerful Anakin in Vader. He also for a time made Sidious sweat.

Doubt Anakin could do the same.

A more powerful Anakin in Vader? Anakin in ROTS is more powerful than Darth Vader post-suit. George Lucas said it himself. As for defeating Sidious, that was no small feat. Sidious could have faked his defeat to drive Starkiller to the dark side, though.

ares834
Originally posted by Anakin4Ever
A more powerful Anakin in Vader? Anakin in ROTS is more powerful than Darth Vader post-suit. George Lucas said it himself. As for defeating Sidious, that was no small feat. Sidious could have faked his defeat to drive Starkiller to the dark side, though.
Uh no... Vader has shown far more impressive TK feats as Vader than as Anakin.

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by ares834
Uh no... Vader has shown far more impressive TK feats as Vader than as Anakin.

Luke had better feats in NJO. Is he weaker in LOTF?

Anakin4Ever

AnalBlast
Anakin wins because he's the Chosen One.

Lord Lucien

mattatom
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
This is a wrecked and ruined man describing his shattered body and life. You think he's going to be giving an accurate report? He hates himself.

Vader's mobility and agility took a nose dive, but his midichlorian count didn't drop, and his full immersion in to the Dark Side gave his command of the Force a huge boost. Two decades of action and Sith tutelage and Vader circa TFU and the OT was far more powerful in the Force than Anakin was.
That quote fails for a good reason also, obviously Vader never heard of Beethoven.

Anakin4Ever
This is a wrecked and ruined man describing his shattered body and life. You think he's going to be giving an accurate report? He hates himself.

Vader's mobility and agility took a nose dive, but his midichlorian count didn't drop, and his full immersion in to the Dark Side gave his command of the Force a huge boost. Two decades of action and Sith tutelage and Vader circa TFU and the OT was far more powerful in the Force than Anakin was.

Why the heck do you think Palpatine wanted to replace Vader! He didn't live up to his expectations!

Gideon
Children, midichlorians are counts per cell; Anakin had 20,000 per cell.

The count per cell didn't drop, but the amount of total midichlorians did due to how many cells he lost.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Anakin4Ever
Why the heck do you think Palpatine wanted to replace Vader! He didn't live up to his expectations! Palpatine's expectation was to have someone who wasn't impeded by self-doubt and loating, and who wasn't reliant on a mobile life support and cybernetics---all things which hindered Vader from becoming the 200% of Palpatine that Lucas described. Palpatine wanted someone like Anakin, Marek, or Luke. What he got was a scary looking hunk of disappointment and shattered dreams with a cool voice.

Annus Mirabilis

Oh bloody yes it did; his legs were sliced and the stump was burning, his whole body was burning for god's sake. When you burn, cells die, tissues die, hence the midichlorian count decreases!

To look at it from a less theoretical standpoint, it would've been a matter of time before he could perform Force lightning. He was prophesised to be the most powerful Jedi/Sith ever and you're telling me he can't do Force lightning? Well, he did it with the assistance of some crystal or something later on, but in his organic form he would've walked all over Galen Marek.

truejedi
Originally posted by Annus Mirabilis
Oh bloody yes it did; his legs were sliced and the stump was burning, his whole body was burning for god's sake. When you burn, cells die, tissues die, hence the midichlorian count decreases!

Midichlorian's are a per-cell measurement. 20k per cell, etc. that wouldn't change just because vader had fewer cells.

EDIT: I see Gideon actually already posted this.

Lord Lucien

To look at it from a less theoretical standpoint, it would've been a matter of time before he could perform Force lightning. He was prophesised to be the most powerful Jedi/Sith ever and you're telling me he can't do Force lightning? Well, he did it with the assistance of some crystal or something later on, but in his organic form he would've walked all over Galen Marek. I can't tell if you're Neb or not, so if you are: Hey! And if you're not:

Midichlorian count is per cell, not per body. Anakin could have only a head and vital organs left and still have the same 20,000+ per blood cell, brain cell etc.

And Vader had the capacity and power to perform Lightning, but had he done so, his mechanical limbs would have acted as a conduit between the electricity and his body, f*cking with his life-support's circuitry. And yes, Vader was far more powerful in the Force than Anakin ever was, but Vader's potential took a nose dive. His own psyche and paradigm held him back---due to his actions circa RotS.

Eminence
Hey. Hey guys.

Midichlorian count? Per cell.

Red Nemesis
poasts!

overlord
per cell!!

Welt
Where is it said that it is per cell out of curiosity?

Welt
You will answer me on this matter overlord.

Ms.Marvel
... 9 minutes

overlord
Originally posted by Welt
You will answer me on this matter overlord. I got no idea, just repeating others to sound cool

overlord
oh wait supershadow mentioned it five months ago

truejedi
per cell is the quote from TPM.

Darth Truculent
What was Luke's count out of curiousity? Also, let's not forget Caedus who was stated to have a command of the Force that was superior to Vader.

truejedi
we don't know. and nope. Quote said, i believe "perhaps superior"

You are talking the back cover on one of those LOTF novels, right?

Red Nemesis
My favorite is when the back of one of the books calls him a "total master of the Force" after his five-year Grand Tour.

erm

truejedi
apparently the secret to Battle Meditation is to call yourself a Sith. No lie. Just say the words, and Bam, you learn lots of secret powers.

emoboy13
starkiler, becuz he beat vader and vader is anikin!!!

mattatom
Originally posted by emoboy13
starkiler, becuz he beat vader and vader is anikin!!! Fail logic.

Slash_KMC
It's Clone Wars logic. Never fails.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by emoboy13
starkiler, becuz he beat vader and vader is anikin!!!

Sup Neb?

Annus Mirabilis

Vader's mobility and agility took a nose dive, but his midichlorian count didn't drop, and his full immersion in to the Dark Side gave his command of the Force a huge boost.

Oh but it did. His Force abilities were pale in comparison to what he could have done as an organic Anakin Skywalker.

Annus Mirabilis
I can't tell if you're Neb or not, so if you are: Hey! And if you're not:

Midichlorian count is per cell, not per body. Anakin could have only a head and vital organs left and still have the same 20,000+ per blood cell, brain cell etc.

And Vader had the capacity and power to perform Lightning, but had he done so, his mechanical limbs would have acted as a conduit between the electricity and his body, f*cking with his life-support's circuitry. And yes, Vader was far more powerful in the Force than Anakin ever was, but Vader's potential took a nose dive. His own psyche and paradigm held him back---due to his actions circa RotS.

But collectively, it would decrease wouldn't it?

Also, it wasn't just his mental limitations and stuff, it was the physical hurt and damage that took away most of his force powers. He was a pale shadow of his former self; lacking the panache, lacking the confidence, lacking the fitness, lacking the robustness, simply no longer what he was supposed to be.

truejedi
how powerful you are is only reflected in per cell midi's though. THe total number is irrelevant. Its why Yoda is more powerful in force than say Lowbacca, despite the fact that Lowbacca, being 3x as large, is probably going to have a more powerful TOTAL number of midichlorians.

Siraben Mai
Starkiller wins. He beat Vader, who has a powerful shell that protects him. He can thrash Anakin with little to no trouble.

Lord Lucien
But collectively, it would decrease wouldn't it?Total number is irrelevant. Since all lifeforms have midichlorians, would not the biggest lifeform be the most powerful? Since that isn't the case... there's a reason why 2-foot tall Yoda is one of the strongest---and it has nothing to do with his biomass.

Also, it wasn't just his mental limitations and stuff, it was the physical hurt and damage that took away most of his force powers. He was a pale shadow of his former self; lacking the panache, lacking the confidence, lacking the fitness, lacking the robustness, simply no longer what he was supposed to be. That's true. To quote myself:

Gluttony
Saber - Anakin
Force - Anakin
All-Out - Anakin

Every conceivable confrontation - Anakin

Reason: Galen is too consumed with rage and hate to actually kill Anakin, the reverse is not true.

Example: In Unleashed 2, every saber lock Marek blocks Anakin's single saber with a cross of his paired sabers. He is too enraged to simply parry with one and end Anakin with the other.

Example 2: Nearly every word Anakin utters sends Galen into a blind fury. This of course lends Marek incredible power, however Anakin retains his higher reasoning and simply side steps every hammer blow.

Concession: Yes, Galen is at least in my opinion more powerful than Anakin and Anakin while able to kill Marek, is generally not able to defeat him in order to do so. Why I settled on Anakin in the end is that Galen would like the candle that burns bright... exhaust himself before Anakin and then loose. SABER

FORCE: Anakin focused almost no attention on the non-martial aspects of the force. The only thing it seems he did master was defending himself from it enabling him to force a physical confrontation. Ergo, Anakin need only wear Galen down then kill him with his saber, and if the contest is strictly one of force use then same thing except he throws the saber.

All-Out: Anakin - "I killed your daddy."
Galen - *Incoherent rage*
SFX - *clash, clash, clash, sizzle, thump, zwoosh*
Anakin - "I killed him! I kill him like an ANIMAL!!"
Galen - *still dead*
Anakin - "An ANIMAL!!" *sobs*

The end.

Gluttony
'Since all lifeforms have midichlorians'

Not entirely accurate. Midichlorians for one are organic organisms ergo are life and do not have themselves, but that's just arguing semantics. My actual point was going to be the Yuuzhong Vong. Which have no presence in the force, midichlorians they haz none.

Zampanó
Russel's paradox?

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Gluttony
Not entirely accurate. Midichlorians for one are organic organisms ergo are life and do not have themselves, but that's just arguing semantics. My actual point was going to be the Yuuzhong Vong. Which have no presence in the force, midichlorians they haz none. Out of curiosity, what source says the Vong don't have them?

Arhael
Originally posted by Gluttony
Not entirely accurate. Midichlorians for one are organic organisms ergo are life and do not have themselves, but that's just arguing semantics. My actual point was going to be the Yuuzhong Vong. Which have no presence in the force, midichlorians they haz none.
Are you saying, when Ulic Kel Droma or Callista were cut from the Force, their midichlorians were burned out? Or, implant in Onimi's head created midichlorians that allowed him to use Force?

Stealth Moose
It's more likely that the ability to communicate with said midi-chlorians was blocked or severed rather then them being burned out. After all, midi-chlorians are supposively tied with all life. The Vong, **** their infernal names, make no sense in context of all other EU.

Nephthys
I'd say Nihilus' Giga-Drain would be the midicholrian-murdering move. Its referred to as an absence in the Force.

On the other hand, the Exile was cut-off from it and was still able to form Force-bonds etc. That always confused me if the Force was supposed to be completely dead to her.

Stealth Moose
Yeah, must be more of a listening thing in her case. She was overwhelmed by the cries of death on Malachor V, etc. Whereas Nihilus and Vitiate just NOMZ midi-chlorians.

Lord Lucien
Inconsistencies among crap.

Stealth Moose
Yet still here we linger.

To be fair, I come here mainly to make sure none of you have started a junta.

Arhael
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
It's more likely that the ability to communicate with said midi-chlorians was blocked or severed rather then them being burned out. After all, midi-chlorians are supposively tied with all life. The Vong, **** their infernal names, make no sense in context of all other EU.
That's basically what I was implying. And Onimi's case proves that they do have midicloreans.It's just their Force sensitivity was blocked by original home planet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.