Thanos vs Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bbrem123
Thanos gets Power Gem

vs

Galactus

carver9
Thanos

Nihilist
Galactus.

Wei Phoenix
Galactus.

Eternal Idol
Galactus.

nicamarvin
BIG G.........

Harbinger
Galactus.

supremthor
Big G

AlmightyKfish
Galactus.

bbrem123
didnt thanos take out every hero effortlessly with only the power gem...with the knowledge thanos has with the gems he should be able to take this

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

Tenebrous
Originally posted by bbrem123
didnt thanos take out every hero effortlessly with only the power gem...with the knowledge thanos has with the gems he should be able to take this

taking out a bunch of avengers and x-men has no bearing on this discussion...this is Galactus, not a mixed bag of heroes which includes street-levelers (cap, wolverine, etc.).

Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos wins.

How?

Ouallada
Originally posted by bbrem123

This one is extremely debatable at best, as convincing arguments can be made either way without ever being concrete.

I will say, though, that Thanos is by far the best wielder of powerful artifacts that the MU has seen. That much is given.

Tenebrous
Originally posted by Ouallada
I will say, though, that Thanos is by far the best wielder of powerful
artifacts that the MU has seen. That much is given.

Well that itself is also debatable. I wouldn't say he's the best wielder "by far." I would say he's the most frequent wielder by far of powerful objects. Magus and Adam Warlock both possessed the gauntlet briefly...and it was actually Adam Warlock who displayed anything remotely close to a complete understanding of the power he wielded and it's implied responsibilities (made apparent during the cosmic "town-hall" between the LT, Warlock, and the cosmic entities).

All Thanos has done is use the IG and CC for destructive purposes, and he has been the only one to ever use the HOTI. I wouldn't say that's enough evidence to title him "the best wielder," only that he comes upon them more often than the rest of marvel's characters.

celestialdemon
Galactus wins.

The Nuul
Galan...

quanchi112
Originally posted by Tenebrous
taking out a bunch of avengers and x-men has no bearing on this discussion...this is Galactus, not a mixed bag of heroes which includes street-levelers (cap, wolverine, etc.).

How? By blasting him over and over again. Galactus can't physically beat him with the power gem.

AlmightyKfish
By blasting him over and over again. Galactus can't physically beat him with the power gem.

Yet Thor using just the power gem was frozen into a block of force, and stalemated by Thanos...

Galactus could easily pull this off.

Power Gem alone doesn't equal physically unbeatable =/

quanchi112
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Yet Thor using just the power gem was frozen into a block of force, and stalemated by Thanos...

Power Gem alone doesn't equal physically unbeatable =/ That was Thor with the power gem. Thanos knows the gem's potential and would wield it far better than Thor. Thor was also only getting to Thanos' level.

When has Galactus employed something like so?

Yes, if you are tapping into it it does.

Tattoos N Scars
What if Big G just used the UN on Thanos...the PG wouldn't help him then.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
What if Big G just used the UN on Thanos...the PG wouldn't help him then. I'm not sure what would happen then. Does Galactus have the un here? I wouldn't see him using it on Thanos, personally.

leonidas
gems suck. no expression

with just the soul gem, warlock defeated mephisto in hell. i guess it would depend on what exactly the PG gave him and how much time he had it first. thor was becoming progressively stronger as time went on. if thanos had time to become strong enough, i'd guess he could eventually stalemate at least and maybe win via attrition and g's energy depletion. if he were granted the gem right away and told to fight, i'd say g wins. gems are all about 'potential' which makes them silly for threads.

Tenebrous
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish

Power Gem alone doesn't equal physically unbeatable =/

Agreed

By blasting him over and over again. Galactus can't physically beat him with the power gem.
That was Thor with the power gem. Thanos knows the gem's potential and would wield it far better than Thor. Thor was also only getting to Thanos' level.

When has Galactus employed something like so?

Yes, if you are tapping into it it does.

Quite a 1 dimensional answer and now you've allowed yourself to be set up easily.

Thanos is helpless if G wishes to mind rape, erase his memories of any knowledge of the Infinity gems whatsoever, bring Thanos to the astral plane, etc. None of those are physical in any capacity and the only way Thanos would win is if he had the mind gem, which he does not in this contest. We've all seen Thanos get swiftly overpowered on the astral plane by Galactus, and Thanos had Moondragon helping him.

Thanos loses swiftly.

And about that simple stasis field that Thanos used to defeat Thor w/Power Gem?

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5676/galactusstasisbeam.jpg

Thor, Adam Warlock, Quasar, Thanos...everyone, incapacitated all at once.

Ouallada
Well that itself is also debatable. I wouldn't say he's the best wielder "by far." I would say he's the most frequent wielder by far of powerful objects. Magus and Adam Warlock both possessed the gauntlet briefly...and it was actually Adam Warlock who displayed anything remotely close to a complete understanding of the power he wielded and it's implied responsibilities (made apparent during the cosmic "town-hall" between the LT, Warlock, and the cosmic entities).

All Thanos has done is use the IG and CC for destructive purposes, and he has been the only one to ever use the HOTI. I wouldn't say that's enough evidence to title him "the best wielder," only that he comes upon them more often than the rest of marvel's characters.

I think that it's implied to a strong enough extent. With the IG, Thanos had no interest whatsoever in speaking about the responsibilities in wielding such power because he had not been written as an anti-villain yet and because his end goal itself contradicted him having any moral responsibilities.

With the heart, he might have been the only one to actively use it to its potential, but Akhenaten also wielded the heart, to less than impressive results before losing the heart. This is compounded by the fact that Thanos was specifically chosen to correct the fundamental flaw in existence, and I would even dare to presume that it wasn't due to his newfound ability to be a hero when needed. If a self-sacrificing hero was necessary, the aforementioned Warlock or Surfer would have been better choices -- it's pretty obvious that Thanos was chosen for other reasons, one of which I would say is his understanding of ultimate power.

The incident with the CC is another good example of Thanos' ability to wield power. Thanos created/became a universe with one cosmic cube. Magus did the approximate same thing with arguably five cosmic containment units, despite the fact that cosmic containment units limit the powers which they grant somewhere along the line of them becoming cosmic cubes (as from Mephisto).

Thanos has also explained the usages and abilties of each gem on panel. If there is any user well-equipped to utilise the PG, it's Thanos. Not sure he would take anything close to a majority (I think G still takes it), but Thanos is being sold a little short here.

Naija boy
G takes it

occultdestroyer
Galactus takes it.

I mean c'mon... Thanos is indeed powerful with the PG.
But he won't win through brute strength alone, not against an uber Abstract.

Stoic
Written properly Thanos would win. The power gem would give him complete invulnerability to anything that Galactus could hurl at him. This battle would be a mugging, and Thanos would be walking away with the big G's wallet.

Survivor19
You mean, like Thanos was repeatedly hurt by Earth heroes when wielding PG? He didn't seem totally invulnerable at all...

Galan can and will hurt Thanos. It'd require him to work, though.

thanos-prime
Originally posted by Survivor19
You mean, like Thanos was repeatedly hurt by Earth heroes when wielding PG? He didn't seem totally invulnerable at all...

Galan can and will hurt Thanos. It'd require him to work, though. them hurting him is plot induced the power gems bio says it renders the user completely invulnerable

quanchi112
Agreed

Quite a 1 dimensional answer and now you've allowed yourself to be set up easily.

Thanos is helpless if G wishes to mind rape, erase his memories of any knowledge of the Infinity gems whatsoever, bring Thanos to the astral plane, etc. None of those are physical in any capacity and the only way Thanos would win is if he had the mind gem, which he does not in this contest. We've all seen Thanos get swiftly overpowered on the astral plane by Galactus, and Thanos had Moondragon helping him.

Thanos loses swiftly.

And about that simple stasis field that Thanos used to defeat Thor w/Power Gem?

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5676/galactusstasisbeam.jpg

Thor, Adam Warlock, Quasar, Thanos...everyone, incapacitated all at once. It appears to me he is using his ship here to do that said feat. Does Thanos also get all his ships, etc. i fyou are allowing Galactus to have access to his giant ship?

When has Galactus ever mindraped anyone? He defended himself there and was more than capable of doing so. He won't attempt to mindrape Thanos don't be absurd.

The blast only took an unsuspecting Thanos by means of Galactus' tech without the power gem. This battle will take place in the physical world and will not work with Thanos in possession of the power gem. Galactus will weaken and Thanos will wear him down and beat him.

Sorry, but the power gem makes it's user physically unbeatable and Thanos is one of the best out there at using it. Thor alone was a beast imagine what Thanos could do with it alone.

quanchi112

Galan can and will hurt Thanos. It'd require him to work, though. Thanos isn't able to be physically beaten while wielding the power gem. This is a fact, brah.

Tenebrous
It appears to me he is using his ship here to do that said feat. Does Thanos also get all his ships, etc. i fyou are allowing Galactus to have access to his giant ship?

You're actually arguing that Galactus' ship can do things that he himself can't? Such as incapacitate someone in a stasis field?

wow.

In other words, a viable tactic used to defeat your character is dismissed because it's "absurd."

He won't attempt to mindrape Thanos...for what reason? This is a battle in which the characters fight to the peak of their ability. Galactus has erased Norrin Radd's memories before, even manipulated his actual essence (soul). The very reason why Thanos asked to meet him on the astral plane was because Thanos thought he'd be safe. He was proven dead wrong.

And now you argue that Galactus will simply ignore that encounter and fight with his bare fists against a power gem-possessed Thanos. Laughable logic.

This is the kind of faulty logic that people drive people to say "SS hasn't created black holes in anyone's eyes before, and he won't do it here, don't be absurd."

Thanos doesn't have the mind gem here. Stop acting like an attack against Thanos that circumvents a physical confrontation is irrelevant.

Just like the blast from Thanos' gun took an unsuspecting Thor without the power gem. That battle took place in the phyiscal world and will not work with Thor in possession of the power gem.

Oh wait.

This statement is just as 1-dimensional as the fights depicted in comics between cosmic beings...all energy blasts.

quanchi112
You're actually arguing that Galactus' ship can do things that he himself can't? Such as incapacitate someone in a stasis field?

wow.

In other words, a viable tactic used to defeat your character is dismissed because it's "absurd."

He won't attempt to mindrape Thanos...for what reason? This is a battle in which the characters fight to the peak of their ability. Galactus has erased Norrin Radd's memories before, even manipulated his actual essence (soul). The very reason why Thanos asked to meet him on the astral plane was because Thanos thought he'd be safe. He was proven dead wrong.

And now you argue that Galactus will simply ignore that encounter and fight with his bare fists against a power gem-possessed Thanos. Laughable logic.

This is the kind of faulty logic that people drive people to say "SS hasn't created black holes in anyone's eyes before, and he won't do it here, don't be absurd."

Thanos doesn't have the mind gem here. Stop acting like an attack against Thanos that circumvents a physical confrontation is irrelevant.

Just like the blast from Thanos' gun took an unsuspecting Thor without the power gem. That battle took place in the phyiscal world and will not work with Thor in possession of the power gem.

Oh wait.

This statement is just as 1-dimensional as the fights depicted in comics between cosmic beings...all energy blasts. I'm saying his ship did this. he didn't so you cannot even prove he would so in direct combat under his own power. He used his ship against Tyrant that doesn't mean he could have the same affect on Tyrant without his ship. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thanos has the power gem here. That feat was also due to his ship and on a completely unsuspecting Thanos without the power gem. Context. Wow.

When has Galactus ever attempted to mindrape someone? Answer he doesn't. He only sought to defend himself and that he did. When Thanos blasted him Galactus blasted him back. They fight in character on here. You are using a few situations and taking the context completely out of them to form a cbrish trype argument that still fails.

Galactus has complete power over norrin not Thanos. Please don't compare the two ever again.

Surfer doesn't create blackholes in people's eyes or ears making it completely absurd. This isn't cbr.

Thor wasn't powerful enough to resist at the time of the blast. Thanos is and is much more adept at using the pg.

Unless you can prove a pg user like Thanos can be beaten with the pg or else concede. Thanos wins the battle.

Survivor19
Will you believe Thanos himself?
He calculated that he COULD be beaten by bunch of street-levelers, metas and couple of heralds (while with PG).

Since Galan is above them, his chances are higher, to say the least.

quanchi112
Will you believe Thanos himself?
He calculated that he COULD be beaten by bunch of street-levelers, metas and couple of heralds (while with PG).

Since Galan is above them, his chances are higher, to say the least. The only way he was losing is if they took the glove off him. That was the only way they were physically beating him was to take the gems away from him.

Tenebrous
I'm saying his ship did this. he didn't so you cannot even prove he would so in direct combat under his own power. He used his ship against Tyrant that doesn't mean he could have the same affect on Tyrant without his ship. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thanos has the power gem here. That feat was also due to his ship and on a completely unsuspecting Thanos without the power gem. Context. Wow.

When has Galactus ever attempted to mindrape someone? Answer he doesn't. He only sought to defend himself and that he did. When Thanos blasted him Galactus blasted him back. They fight in character on here. You are using a few situations and taking the context completely out of them to form a cbrish trype argument that still fails.

Galactus has complete power over norrin not Thanos. Please don't compare the two ever again.

Surfer doesn't create blackholes in people's eyes or ears making it completely absurd. This isn't cbr.

Thor wasn't powerful enough to resist at the time of the blast. Thanos is and is much more adept at using the pg.

Unless you can prove a pg user like Thanos can be beaten with the pg or else concede. Thanos wins the battle.

Absolutely not. You've already implicitly conceded because you have a tunnel vision defense of "Galactus won't do it, therefore thanos wins."

That will not win anything whatsoever.

You have terrible logic. He used his ship against Tyrant and Tyrant reversed it because he is a technopath. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you know Galactus uses his ship to perform acts that he could otherwise do himself, but without using his personal power (i.e., draining energy from planets...Galactus doesn't need his ship to do this, but the ship makes it more efficient because it allows him to use mechanical power instead of his own personal energies to consume). Had Galactus used his own power to syphon the energies, Tyrant would have been unable to reverse the effects because there is no technology involved. Of course the effects aren't the same, yet you put that forth like some bit of exclusive logic that only you understand.

Context, WOW. Just like when Thanos used a stasis field against Thor. But let's put it into context...what did Thor have in his possession aside from mjolnir....tell me again what he had..??

laughing You can't even mount a defense dude. Make some actual rebuttals. Forum rules state combatants fight to the best of their abilities by default. So you have Thanos using the power gem to use energy blasts, fine. And now you're implicitly saying that Galactus' best abilities are.....energy blasts? Please. In your next post you'll continue to ignore the capabilities available to G...that's all well and good since that's the only thing you can do to demand concession instead of actually debating.

And nevermind the fact that Galactus actually was proceeding to KILL Thanos on the astral plane. He was also prepared to KILL him again with the second blast, only to have Thanos literally beg for his life for the first and only time in the character's history.

Galactus has shown the intent to KILL Thanos, more than once.

And now Thanos is coming at him flailing his arms like an ape with energy blasts flying, and Galactus isn't going to defend himself?

Because you know...when Galactus "defended himself" Thanos nearly died. Twice.

But your logic has Galactus NOT doing that because Galactus isn't "defending himself" in this fight.

Please. And you're asking for concession? Put some logic in your posts man...

Galactus has the TP feats to back up my claims. You have wild statements about bull-rushing through with energy blasts. You've got to be more creative than dismissing feats and claiming they're cbr-ish, because you're incapable of getting around the fact that it's a viable tactic.

Tenebrous
To reiterate my previous point about it being a viable tactic:

Substituting "Galactus" for "Flash" and "mind rape/astral plane contention" for the speed blitzing tactic" yields...a viable tactic on this board since it is a proven fact that he possesses that ability

Tha C-Master
I'd give Galactus the wins for now unless Thanos has the reality gem.

quanchi112
Absolutely not. You've already implicitly conceded because you have a tunnel vision defense of "Galactus won't do it, therefore thanos wins."

That will not win anything whatsoever.

You have terrible logic. He used his ship against Tyrant and Tyrant reversed it because he is a technopath. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you know Galactus uses his ship to perform acts that he could otherwise do himself, but without using his personal power (i.e., draining energy from planets...Galactus doesn't need his ship to do this, but the ship makes it more efficient because it allows him to use mechanical power instead of his own personal energies to consume). Had Galactus used his own power to syphon the energies, Tyrant would have been unable to reverse the effects because there is no technology involved. Of course the effects aren't the same, yet you put that forth like some bit of exclusive logic that only you understand.

Context, WOW. Just like when Thanos used a stasis field against Thor. But let's put it into context...what did Thor have in his possession aside from mjolnir....tell me again what he had..??

laughing You can't even mount a defense dude. Make some actual rebuttals. Forum rules state combatants fight to the best of their abilities by default. So you have Thanos using the power gem to use energy blasts, fine. And now you're implicitly saying that Galactus' best abilities are.....energy blasts? Please. In your next post you'll continue to ignore the capabilities available to G...that's all well and good since that's the only thing you can do to demand concession instead of actually debating.

And nevermind the fact that Galactus actually was proceeding to KILL Thanos on the astral plane. He was also prepared to KILL him again with the second blast, only to have Thanos literally beg for his life for the first and only time in the character's history.

Galactus has shown the intent to KILL Thanos, more than once.

And now Thanos is coming at him flailing his arms like an ape with energy blasts flying, and Galactus isn't going to defend himself?

Because you know...when Galactus "defended himself" Thanos nearly died. Twice.

But your logic has Galactus NOT doing that because Galactus isn't "defending himself" in this fight.

Please. And you're asking for concession? Put some logic in your posts man...

Galactus has the TP feats to back up my claims. You have wild statements about bull-rushing through with energy blasts. You've got to be more creative than dismissing feats and claiming they're cbr-ish, because you're incapable of getting around the fact that it's a viable tactic. Let me once again reiterate my point. You seem to forget he had his ship employ the tactic. Context. Thanos was completely unaware and WITHOUT THE POWER GEM. Don't you think that makes a difference? LOL.

If Galactus could just as easily drained Tyrant himself he would have done so. His blasts and what not further empowered him. Galactus was a trainwreck in that fight.

Thor wasn't beyond Thanos' power on his own at that point. The moment he was freed in a few hours there was no force block out there that could hold him. Thanos is going to go well beyond Thor at his power levels at the time because he was basically just on Thanos' level. It didn't work on Odin because at the time he was more powerful than Thor when it was attempted on Thor. Get it? I hope so.

They also fight in character. Galactus isn't sitting in his ship while Thanos is standing there fighting other characters without the pg gem completely unaware of Gaalctus' presence. Context.

Galactus doesn't mindrape characters in combat. Context. He did it to defend himself.

Yes, because Thanos on his own isn't powerful enough to defeat a well nourished Galactus under his own power. One blast really drained big G though. You throw the pg in there and this is Thanos' fight all day. He can't be physically beaten while one blast through one shield leaves Galactus weakened.

No, both are acting in character. Thanos has shown without the pg to at least knock Galactus a few football fields and one shield has depleted vital energies from galactus. All in the comic. Context.

When did Galactus almost kill Thanos with the pg?

Galactus defends himself like he usually does. Blasts his opponents into submission. Won't work this time.

You haven't proven Galactus can beat Thanos with the pg. It's an amp.

When has Galactus ever mindrape attacked someone to defeat them? When?

quanchi112

Substituting "Galactus" for "Flash" and "mind rape/astral plane contention" for the speed blitzing tactic" yields...a viable tactic on this board since it is a proven fact that he possesses that ability He only defended himself because he was being attacked there. Galactus doesn't mindrape opponents. This is in character.

Tenebrous
He only defended himself because he was being attacked there. Galactus doesn't mindrape opponents. This is in character.

Flash doesn't beat his opponents a milisecond into the fight. This is in character. So he doesn't speed blitz every single time. Because he's acting in character. yet the forum rules explicitly state this is a viable tactic to use on the vs. forum.

Nevermind the fact that it's in Galactus' intent to actually KILL Thanos.

In other words, your best rebuttal is to IGNORE FORUM RULES.

nevermind that forum rules state that if the character has exhibited the ability in the past and that he can undisputably do it, then it's a viable tactic to do so.

nevermind that you completely ignored my post stating that it's a viable tactic.

LOL.

You've already conceded, without even forming a single argument whatsoever.

Substituting "Galactus" for "Flash" and "mind rape/astral plane contention" for the speed blitzing tactic" yields...a viable tactic on this board since it is a proven fact that he possesses that ability

He takes Thanos to the astral plane and violates him there. It doesn't matter if Thanos has the power gem, the time gem, the space gem...he doesn't have the mind gem here

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/8190/thanos0314vk7.jpg

Galactus actually tried to KILL Thanos on the astral plane (in character!) only to have no one less than Moondragon evacuate thanos from the astral plane before he was swiftly killed.

Note that Moondragon says "I figured that someone, in the past, HAD to have tried a PSYCHIC DEFENSE against him" i.e. Galactus attacked telepathically before.

Thanos is heavily impressed with Galactus' TP.

And what is the difference between Thanos with the Power Gem and regular Thanos on the astral plane?

Nothinggggg

occultdestroyer
thumb up

Thanos is getting overrated again in this board.

Xplosive
Galactus

basilisk
Galactus. The argument for him just bypassing the PG and using the mental plane attack for the win makes sense.

Enyalus
A mental attack on an unamped Thanos would be difficult enough. He's beaten Moondragon with the Mind Gem on the astral plane before, and as you noticed, nearly mindraped Galactus before he had time to realize what was wrong.

Moreover, when Thanos attempted to get into Thor's head while wielding the Power Gem, he couldn't even begin to **** with him, nor could the Infinity Watch. Galactus would have that same exact situation happen to him were he to try. Any attack that Galactus would attempt to pull off could be reversed, as Thor managed to do to Strange and Surfer and Warlock's attacks. Reality warping wouldn't help, either. Thanos' will is too strong and he's survived reality warping multiple times.

And power for power wise, you aren't overwhelming someone who can use the Gem competently.

Thanos takes the win in a decent struggle.

bbrem123
Originally posted by Enyalus
A mental attack on an unamped Thanos would be difficult enough. He's beaten Moondragon with the Mind Gem on the astral plane before, and as you noticed, nearly mindraped Galactus before he had time to realize what was wrong.

Moreover, when Thanos attempted to get into Thor's head while wielding the Power Gem, he couldn't even begin to **** with him, nor could the Infinity Watch. Galactus would have that same exact situation happen to him were he to try. Any attack that Galactus would attempt to pull off could be reversed, as Thor managed to do to Strange and Surfer and Warlock's attacks. Reality warping wouldn't help, either. Thanos' will is too strong and he's survived reality warping multiple times.

And power for power wise, you aren't overwhelming someone who can use the Gem competently.

thumb up

quanchi112
Flash doesn't beat his opponents a milisecond into the fight. This is in character. So he doesn't speed blitz every single time. Because he's acting in character. yet the forum rules explicitly state this is a viable tactic to use on the vs. forum.

Nevermind the fact that it's in Galactus' intent to actually KILL Thanos.

In other words, your best rebuttal is to IGNORE FORUM RULES.

nevermind that forum rules state that if the character has exhibited the ability in the past and that he can undisputably do it, then it's a viable tactic to do so.

nevermind that you completely ignored my post stating that it's a viable tactic.

LOL.

You've already conceded, without even forming a single argument whatsoever.

He takes Thanos to the astral plane and violates him there. It doesn't matter if Thanos has the power gem, the time gem, the space gem...he doesn't have the mind gem here

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/8190/thanos0314vk7.jpg

Galactus actually tried to KILL Thanos on the astral plane (in character!) only to have no one less than Moondragon evacuate thanos from the astral plane before he was swiftly killed.

Note that Moondragon says "I figured that someone, in the past, HAD to have tried a PSYCHIC DEFENSE against him" i.e. Galactus attacked telepathically before.

Thanos is heavily impressed with Galactus' TP.

And what is the difference between Thanos with the Power Gem and regular Thanos on the astral plane?

Nothinggggg Listen, that is a basic part of the flash's power while this was only one attempt from Thanos to overtake him there. Galactus doesn't take anyone into the astral plane to beat anyone. Ever. Flash uses his speed all the time. Quit ignoring the context and turning this into a cbr type debate.

Yes, and later on in the story Galactus tries to kill Thanos and he doesn't mindrape him. He blasts him which is IN CHARACTER.

No, you're whole point is trying to forget about Galactus' entire history and focusing on one defense of Galactus. That's it. I remember the one time I asked you for a scan proving Galactus can move as fast as the Surfer. I'm pretty sure you posted a scan from an alternate reality as proof thus breaking the rules. smile

Galactus fights in character which isn't mindraping from the start. He has never attacked anyone in that manner but only defended himself. Galactus later caught up with Thanos and tried blasting him into submission not mindraping him. Your argument wants us to forget the very fact they were even on the astral plane. I won't ever let you get away with this kind of cbrish tactic.

Only in defense. Context.

No, you are ignoring the context of the whole situation. Galactus didn't take Thanos into the astral plane he defended himself. When Galactus later wanted Thanos dead he blasted him. You aren't very good at this. I seem to know Galactus moreso than you do if you feel he goes around mindraping characters left and right.

The flash's main power is speed while Galactus doesn't mindrape opponents into submission. Feel free to get back to me when you aren't going to try to ignore the context of situations next time.

Thanos wins.

quanchi112
Originally posted by basilisk
Galactus. The argument for him just bypassing the PG and using the mental plane attack for the win makes sense. How so? When he has ever attacked someone in this manner beforehand? He defended himself and it's all tenebrous can even say as he knows Galactus is beaten here all day. It isn't in character and Galactus has never done so before to attack anyone.

Thor turned the tables on them all and Thanos has defeated Minddragon before in a mind war. Don't sell Thanos or the pg short.Originally posted by occultdestroyer
thumb up

Thanos is getting overrated again in this board. How so?

Thanos takes the win in a decent struggle. I'm proud of you.

Enyalus
I'm proud of you.
That's the kind of morale boost I need.

quanchi112
That's the kind of morale boost I need. With my endorsement you can't lose.

Ouallada

I'm not sure if that is due to the gem or the general state of Thor's mind, though. A bit along the lines of what MM experienced when he entered Joker's mind in Rock of Ages.

Enyalus
I'm not sure if that is due to the gem or the general state of Thor's mind, though. A bit along the lines of what MM experienced when he entered Joker's mind in Rock of Ages.
It was made pretty clear that he was actively resisting them, and even was the one to lure them into his mind to fight them on a plane of his own choosing.

It wasn't a passive type of resistance due only to him being a little nuts.

smile

Ouallada
I know. What I meant was more along the lines of whether the insanity that the watch resisted was due to the gem or due to Thor's own fractured mind, regardless of the reasons why the watch actually entered his mind in the first place. While it's entirely possible that it was due to the gem, that just sits a little awkwardly with the fact that Thor was written to be unable to utilise the gem ti its potential and the fact that the power gem isn't sentient.

he_hate_me
people are actually arguing for thanos on this?

leonidas
only the intelligent ones. and quanch. big grin

Tenebrous

You're comparing Thanos' mental capabilities to Galactus'? Moreover, that Thor was WM, emphasis on Madness.

Let's not ignore the fact that Thanos blatantly stated on my scan that Galactus' TP was beyond him.

Tenebrous
Quanchi: Snip

I wont ever let you get away with imposing this flawed logic

Read that underlined sentence. If you want to interpret "personality" as saying "oh today I want to use energy blasts instead of machine guns" go right ahead.

Personality for Galactus here...he has the intent to KILL thanos. Cosmic awareness lets him know that Thanos has the PG.

Out of all the powers at Galactus' disposal, what will he use?

"Even though Galactus doesn't clock each of his own opponents on the astral plane in the first millisecond in his comic, it is assumed that is a viable tactic on this board since it is a proven fact that he possesses that capability"

quanchi112
You're comparing Thanos' mental capabilities to Galactus'? Moreover, that Thor was WM, emphasis on Madness.

Let's not ignore the fact that Thanos blatantly stated on my scan that Galactus' TP was beyond him. When has Galactus ever dominated someone like so without first being invited there? Seriously. Galactus defended himself and that's it. Originally posted by Tenebrous
I wont ever let you get away with imposing this flawed logic

Read that underlined sentence. If you want to interpret "personality" as saying "oh today I want to use energy blasts instead of machine guns" go right ahead.

Personality for Galactus here...he has the intent to KILL thanos. Cosmic awareness lets him know that Thanos has the PG.

Out of all the powers at Galactus' disposal, what will he use?

"Even though Galactus doesn't clock each of his own opponents on the astral plane in the first millisecond in his comic, it is assumed that is a viable tactic on this board since it is a proven fact that he possesses that capability" Changing my quote to say snip is only further proving my case. It's also against the rules to do so.

When has Galactus ever attacked anyone on the astral plane before to start a battle? Why didn't he attack Thanos there later when he confronted him?

Everytime you butcher the context of what actually happened and why it did I will expose you.

Thanos wins.

Survivor19
I do not really understand how using TP will dpmehow help to 'bypass' the PG.
1) Thanos undoubtly has TP
2) Power gem amplifyes and backs up all and any powers its wielder posess. It can amp the mind gem as well

3) Therefore, with PG Thanos's TP will be amped to the unknown extent.

By all means, continue now. It's entertaining.
Also, don't you tell Galactus what he will use or not. He will use what he will see fit.

quanchi112
2) Power gem amplifyes and backs up all and any powers its wielder posess. It can amp the mind gem as well

Also, don't you tell Galactus what he will use or not. He will use what he will see fit. The point is Galactus doesn't ever attack someone there he just had to defend himself the moment he was almost overtaken by Thanos.

Mindset

Also, don't you tell Galactus what he will use or not. He will use what he will see fit. Why would the power gem amp his tp?

iceman24567
Thanos gets rocked no expression

Survivor19
Originally posted by Mindset
Why would the power gem amp his tp?
Because that is what power gem does.
Same way it backs up Mind gem.

iceman24567
The power gem has never amped tp to my knowledge you just can't assume it will erm

iceman24567
Because that is what power gem does.
Same way it backs up Mind gem. Plus it backs up all the gems because of the nature of it

Survivor19
Yes i can. It's in PG description.
Also, who are that bunch of TPs who vielded PG and it didn't amp them?

iceman24567
It's in the description where?

quanchi112
Originally posted by iceman24567
Thanos gets rocked no expression How so? Galactus can't physically beat him and will weaken with each major blast he uses on Thanos.

Survivor19
You got me, heh.
I supposed that was in Thanos Quest, but after re-checking there is only backing up all other gems in the end.

I still stand on grounds that if PG can amp MG, it can amplify all other TP as well, if wielder posess it.

Tenebrous
When has Galactus ever dominated someone like so without first being invited there? Seriously. Galactus defended himself and that's it. Changing my quote to say snip is only further proving my case. It's also against the rules to do so.

When has Galactus ever attacked anyone on the astral plane before to start a battle? Why didn't he attack Thanos there later when he confronted him?

Everytime you butcher the context of what actually happened and why it did I will expose you.

Thanos wins.

Your tunnel vision exposes you like a naked porn star.

Your "Why didn't he attack Thanos there later when he confronted him" flawed logic poses the question/happenstance:

Why didn't Galactus start the battle by shrinking Thanos to sub-atomic levels?

Why didn't Galactus grow to the size of a Sun when facing Thanos?

Why didn't Galactus transport Thanos back to the beginning of time and lock him in a time loop?

Why didn't Galactus transmute Thanos into jello?

Why didn't Galactus take Thanos to the astral plane and kill him there?

Again, let us invoke the rules:

Thanos, by his own admission is "lilliputian" compared to Galactus in terms of power and versatility. Yet, for the sake of the story plotline Thanos only received an energy blast in their encounter. But now you repeatedly shove this out as your piece of evidence. Why didn't Galactus use TP to defeat thanos? Here is your answer: What you are doing is proffering an instance of PIS.

You want to stamp your feet so much that any clothing of logic or reason has slipped from your person and now you stand naked and exposed for invoking:

1. PIS
2. Limited capacity

We can do this all day; my responses simply need refer to the rules, until it's been stated that I've misinterpreted them or the rules are in fact rendered obsolete by newer ones.

There is no PIS in this battle. Galactus has full knowledge of his powers and how to use them. Cosmic awareness tells him Thanos has PG.

There is full capacity in this battle. Galactus uses any or all abilities he sees fit that is within his character. Ok. What's within character? TO KILL THANOS. He will eschew energy blasts and use the 10 or so other powers he has which you refuse to acknowledge because using them "isn't in his character" yet then explain how the rules should be interpreted. Explain what is meant by "full capacity" as well as "No PIS" in addition to "No mentioning of PIS"

Construct arguments that fall within the scope of those rules. All your arguments so far have fallen outside their scope.

This same logic will have you say in an LT vs. Thanos match, LT will only use energy blasts. roll eyes (sarcastic)

quanchi112
Your tunnel vision exposes you like a naked porn star.

Your "Why didn't he attack Thanos there later when he confronted him" flawed logic poses the question/happenstance:

Why didn't Galactus start the battle by shrinking Thanos to sub-atomic levels?

Why didn't Galactus grow to the size of a Sun when facing Thanos?

Why didn't Galactus transport Thanos back to the beginning of time and lock him in a time loop?

Why didn't Galactus transmute Thanos into jello?

Why didn't Galactus take Thanos to the astral plane and kill him there?

Again, let us invoke the rules:

Thanos, by his own admission is "lilliputian" compared to Galactus in terms of power and versatility. Yet, for the sake of the story plotline Thanos only received an energy blast in their encounter. But now you repeatedly shove this out as your piece of evidence. Why didn't Galactus use TP to defeat thanos? Here is your answer: What you are doing is proffering an instance of PIS.

You want to stamp your feet so much that any clothing of logic or reason has slipped from your person and now you stand naked and exposed for invoking:

1. PIS
2. Limited capacity

We can do this all day; my responses simply need refer to the rules, until it's been stated that I've misinterpreted them or the rules are in fact rendered obsolete by newer ones.

There is no PIS in this battle. Galactus has full knowledge of his powers and how to use them. Cosmic awareness tells him Thanos has PG.

There is full capacity in this battle. Galactus uses any or all abilities he sees fit that is within his character. Ok. What's within character? TO KILL THANOS. He will eschew energy blasts and use the 10 or so other powers he has which you refuse to acknowledge because using them "isn't in his character" yet then explain how the rules should be interpreted. Explain what is meant by "full capacity" as well as "No PIS" in addition to "No mentioning of PIS"

Construct arguments that fall within the scope of those rules. All your arguments so far have fallen outside their scope.

This same logic will have you say in an LT vs. Thanos match, LT will only use energy blasts. roll eyes (sarcastic) The point is the only reason we have ever seen Galactus attack someone in the astral plane was to defend himself. That's it. Since Thanos won't take him to the astral plane he won't be attacking Thanos in that fashion. Simple, unless you have any other examples of Galactus doing so.

Yes, Thanos cannot beat Galactus on his own in a straight up battle, but with the power gem he could most certainly do so. One blast from Galactus just to get through his one shield depleted vital energies increasing his hunger to feed.

No, it isn't. You cannot cite one example of Galactus ever initiating a battle on this plane on his own. Not one.

Again, it's about context and you still keep screaming pis. Context, plain and simple.

You cannot create false scenarios and argue in a cbrish type manner while ignoring the context of what Galactus was doing on the astral plane.

Thanos wins.

When has Galactus ever been stated to have cosmic awareness? I'm curious.

iceman24567
You got me, heh.
I supposed that was in Thanos Quest, but after re-checking there is only backing up all other gems in the end.

I still stand on grounds that if PG can amp MG, it can amplify all other TP as well, if wielder posess it. Ok but you still have no evidence and we won't assume it amps tp.

Tenebrous
You got me, heh.

I still stand on grounds that if PG can amp MG, it can amplify all other TP as well, if wielder posess it.

Disagree. Backing up the gems =/= Backing up the actual power that the gems govern.

iceman24567
Disagree. Backing up the gems =/= Backing up the actual power that the gems govern. thumb up

iceman24567
The Power Gem amps the other gems period no expression

Survivor19
And by that you mean it doesn't amp his wielder in all regards?
I'm inclined to disrespectfully disagree.

iceman24567
Not tp because it never has which is fact no expression. Your whole argument is that it's possible because it naturally amps the mind gem as well as every other gem What the f**k?

Tenebrous
The point is the only reason we have ever seen Galactus attack someone in the astral plane was to defend himself. That's it. Since Thanos won't take him to the astral plane he won't be attacking Thanos in that fashion. Simple, unless you have any other examples of Galactus doing so.

Yes, Thanos cannot beat Galactus on his own in a straight up battle, but with the power gem he could most certainly do so. One blast from Galactus just to get through his one shield depleted vital energies increasing his hunger to feed.

No, it isn't. You cannot cite one example of Galactus ever initiating a battle on this plane on his own. Not one.

Again, it's about context and you still keep screaming pis. Context, plain and simple.

You cannot create false scenarios and argue in a cbrish type manner while ignoring the context of what Galactus was doing on the astral plane.

Thanos wins.

You're saying that it's in Galactus' nature to be passive, and that's his norm.

You also state that Galactus responding with an energy blast instead of transmutation, time trapping, mental attack, etc. etc. are all cases of context, yet I clearly and oh so quietly responded by quoting the rules. If it looks like a scream to you, it's because the rules are screaming that you are wrong.

While it's in Galactus' nature to be passive, true, it is also in his nature to initiate attacks against foes whom he deems to be dangerous or foes he simply wants revenge against (the I-B, for instance). In this PARTICULAR case, Galactus has a desire to KILL thanos. Will he stand by passively and use energy blasts as he's been depicted using against lesser foes (the FF, the Avengers), thus clearly being instances of PIS (and NOT context...how is not transmuting your opponent or trapping them in a time loop not an instance of PIS if you have the capability to do it? Context is if some external force took away those capabilities or some prep device of Reed's rendered those powers inoperable, you are wildly flinging around the word context when you really mean PIS)

...or will he actually use ALL powers at his disposal and act according to his powers and intentions?

I already anticipated that you'd respond screaming context and "Thanos wins" without any substantiated proof so I pm'ed a mod about clarifications on the rules earlier today.

This is his response:

I'm going to refrain from dragging the mod into this directly but that is his input on the interpretation of the rules as it pertains to this discussion here.

As I've been saying:

1. Galactus senses Thanos has the PG with cosmic awareness and engages him WITH THE INTENT TO KILL.

2. Because he has the intent to kill, G will use ALL powers at his disposal as he deems necessary to kill Thanos. Cosmically aware of the PG, Galactus knows that a certain number of powers gives him the advantage here. He Takes him to the astral plane as Galactus has the capability to enter the astral plane. Thanos (you'll correct me if I'm wrong) cannot without 3rd party help.

3. Galactus overtakes him on the astral plane, and kills his avatar, thus killing Thanos proper.

We can even repeat the whole entire situation again, however instead of me saying that Galactus takes thanos to the astral plane, he simply locks Thanos in a Time loop which will perpetually reboot just as Thanos is about to fire his first blast. But that is another discussion.

I'm not going to give you all the answers man. Look it up. I'll even tell you to look at Secret Wars.

quanchi112
You're saying that it's in Galactus' nature to be passive, and that's his norm.

You also state that Galactus responding with an energy blast instead of transmutation, time trapping, mental attack, etc. etc. are all cases of context, yet I clearly and oh so quietly responded by quoting the rules. If it looks like a scream to you, it's because the rules are screaming that you are wrong.

While it's in Galactus' nature to be passive, true, it is also in his nature to initiate attacks against foes whom he deems to be dangerous or foes he simply wants revenge against (the I-B, for instance). In this PARTICULAR case, Galactus has a desire to KILL thanos. Will he stand by passively and use energy blasts as he's been depicted using against lesser foes (the FF, the Avengers), thus clearly being instances of PIS (and NOT context...how is not transmuting your opponent or trapping them in a time loop not an instance of PIS if you have the capability to do it? Context is if some external force took away those capabilities or some prep device of Reed's rendered those powers inoperable, you are wildly flinging around the word context when you really mean PIS)

...or will he actually use ALL powers at his disposal and act according to his powers and intentions?

I already anticipated that you'd respond screaming context and "Thanos wins" without any substantiated proof so I pm'ed a mod about clarifications on the rules earlier today.

This is his response:

I'm going to refrain from dragging the mod into this directly but that is his input on the interpretation of the rules as it pertains to this discussion here.

As I've been saying:

1. Galactus senses Thanos has the PG with cosmic awareness and engages him WITH THE INTENT TO KILL.

2. Because he has the intent to kill, G will use ALL powers at his disposal as he deems necessary to kill Thanos. Cosmically aware of the PG, Galactus knows that a certain number of powers gives him the advantage here. He Takes him to the astral plane as Galactus has the capability to enter the astral plane. Thanos (you'll correct me if I'm wrong) cannot without 3rd party help.

3. Galactus overtakes him on the astral plane, and kills his avatar, thus killing Thanos proper.

We can even repeat the whole entire situation again, however instead of me saying that Galactus takes thanos to the astral plane, he simply locks Thanos in a Time loop which will perpetually reboot just as Thanos is about to fire his first blast. But that is another discussion.

I'm not going to give you all the answers man. Look it up. I'll even tell you to look at Secret Wars. No, when did I say that. Another failed attempt at putting words in my mouth. I am not saying he will be passive I am saying he would never use such a tactic to attack someone and never has.

Thanos has resisted reality warping before, the god of time Kronos can't simply drown him out in time and has resorted to creating his personal destroyer, he has never been transmuted since his rezz and if it were in the Surfer's power he could also employ such a tactic. You have to prove these win and also have to factor in what's in character for them to do.

We can't have superman using t-vo in every single battle just because he has before. We don't have Thor godblasting in every single thread. I mean you are acting like you are new here or something and are clinging to cbr rules.

Galactus also has blasted Thanos. He didn't attack his mind he only defended it. When he met up with him later he blasted Thanos. It's right in the comic. It's in character for Galactus to blast what's in his way into submission. That isn't going to help him here.

Again, you need to prove these tactics would work against the mighty Thanos. He has faced stiffer competition than Galactus before. He even helped him defeat the Hunger despite his cosmic awareness. Which comic and which page of secret wars?

1.I know Galactus is going to try to kill Thanos. When did I ever say otherwise?

2.When has Galactus ever initiated taking anyone to the astral plane? He defended himself there. It wasn't his idea to battle Thanos there. Context.

3.Galactus has NEVER INITIATED THIS BEFORE.

Prove that will work on Thanos. If the god of time itself can't easily drown Thanos out in time how can Galactus?

So you won't provide proof of your claim.

SoulDevourer
aint it power gem alone that alowed Thanos to smash Caps sheild?

Tenebrous
No, when did I say that. Another failed attempt at putting words in my mouth. I am not saying he will be passive I am saying he would never use such a tactic to attack someone and never has.

Thanos has resisted reality warping before, the god of time Kronos can't simply drown him out in time and has resorted to creating his personal destroyer, he has never been transmuted since his rezz and if it were in the Surfer's power he could also employ such a tactic. You have to prove these win and also have to factor in what's in character for them to do.

We can't have superman using t-vo in every single battle just because he has before. We don't have Thor godblasting in every single thread. I mean you are acting like you are new here or something and are clinging to cbr rules.

Galactus also has blasted Thanos. He didn't attack his mind he only defended it. When he met up with him later he blasted Thanos. It's right in the comic. It's in character for Galactus to blast what's in his way into submission. That isn't going to help him here.

Again, you need to prove these tactics would work against the mighty Thanos. He has faced stiffer competition than Galactus before. He even helped him defeat the Hunger despite his cosmic awareness. Which comic and which page of secret wars?

1.I know Galactus is going to try to kill Thanos. When did I ever say otherwise?

2.When has Galactus ever initiated taking anyone to the astral plane? He defended himself there. It wasn't his idea to battle Thanos there. Context.

3.Galactus has NEVER INITIATED THIS BEFORE.

Prove that will work on Thanos. If the god of time itself can't easily drown Thanos out in time how can Galactus?

So you won't provide proof of your claim.

Going against the rules again huh? That's fine, we can agree to disagree, only the rules are on my side.

Galactus will use anything in his power to take out Thanos, because it's his intent to kill, which fits in with character, context, you name it. You think I mention this because you think I'm trying to press that on you? I keep mentioning it because it is in Galactus' CHARACTER.

Your whole argument is a farce. Until now I've refrained from using your own logic against you, but of course when you throw the rules down in a trash bin and continue to wish and cry about cbr...

When has Thanos ever blasted someone again and again into submission? NEVER.

When has Thanos used the power gem while using energy blasts again and again into submission? NEVER.

When has Thanos ever gained power, only to loose it? ALWAYS.

Imposing the same twisted logic you use against my position on your own position...we end up with Thanos not blasting Galactus repeatedly because he's never done that in his whole career!

We also end up with Thanos not using energy blasts with the power gem because he fought with his fists the one time he used it against all the heroes!

Because it's in his CHARACTER to do so and, that's the CONTEXT!

Please.

I mean you are acting the same stubborness...your opponent invokes rules that support his position and you come back with your own personal interpretations and flawed logic...no scans...no rules to back you up...no clarification of said rules to substantiate your claims...nothing but your flawed logic and reasoning. I don't even go on cbr yet you are intimately familiar with their rules and debate style, apparently.

Well, that's not good enough for me and will never be.

Tenebrous
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
aint it power gem alone that alowed Thanos to smash Caps sheild?

Yes, and Thanos used a punch, not an energy blast!

SoulDevourer
Yes, and Thanos used a punch, not an energy blast! yeah that gems bad@ss cool

Tenebrous
I mean you are acting like you are new here or something and are clinging to cbr rules.

I use scans, I invoke rules, and I even solicit the opinion of a mod to interpret the rules just so there's no ambiguity.

The mod's response:

"It's my opinion that Galactus knows Thanos and the power gem and would do whatever was necessary from the get go to stop him."

i.e. use all the powers available at his command. Now you want to cry in a corner because Galactus' power set allows him to circumvent the powers of certain infinity gems, be by guest, but don't ever insist I'm wrong because I am supported by the rules, which are KMC's rules. I quoted them on three separate occassions to you. Read them..

*++++++*

However your opinion on one who adheres to the rules, is supported by a mod's opinion, and backed with scans, is simply

So you equate KMC rules with CBR rules. Good for you.

You'll make another post about context, Galactus doesn't do so and so, and I'll just quote my response here to you, I'm already resting easy with this because you have nothing to back up your claims aside from "Galactus doesn't do that in comics"

Well, this is a vs. forum, and he does do that here. Closed, done, finished, read up on the KMC rules.

quanchi112
Going against the rules again huh? That's fine, we can agree to disagree, only the rules are on my side.

Galactus will use anything in his power to take out Thanos, because it's his intent to kill, which fits in with character, context, you name it. You think I mention this because you think I'm trying to press that on you? I keep mentioning it because it is in Galactus' CHARACTER.

Your whole argument is a farce. Until now I've refrained from using your own logic against you, but of course when you throw the rules down in a trash bin and continue to wish and cry about cbr...

When has Thanos ever blasted someone again and again into submission? NEVER.

When has Thanos used the power gem while using energy blasts again and again into submission? NEVER.

When has Thanos ever gained power, only to loose it? ALWAYS.

Imposing the same twisted logic you use against my position on your own position...we end up with Thanos not blasting Galactus repeatedly because he's never done that in his whole career!

We also end up with Thanos not using energy blasts with the power gem because he fought with his fists the one time he used it against all the heroes!

Because it's in his CHARACTER to do so and, that's the CONTEXT!

Please.

I mean you are acting the same stubborness...your opponent invokes rules that support his position and you come back with your own personal interpretations and flawed logic...no scans...no rules to back you up...no clarification of said rules to substantiate your claims...nothing but your flawed logic and reasoning. I don't even go on cbr yet you are intimately familiar with their rules and debate style, apparently.

Well, that's not good enough for me and will never be. It isn't in character for him to drag anyone into the astral plane. Just drop that argument because he didn't drag Thanos anywhere. Please.

You're using a cbr type argument. We don't have Thor using the godblast in every vs thread on here. Do we? It's simple.

Thanos killed one of his clones with an eye blast. There's an example. Thanos attempted to blast Odin into submission. Would you like more examples of him using energy blasts to try and blast his opponents into submission?

Why wouldn't he do so? Why does Thanos fight unThanos like just because he has the power gem?

Thanos never lost the heart's power by the way. He gave it up so he could save the universe.

Yes, Thanos has. Every character he blasts doesn't fall over quickly and easily though. I mean come on.

I actually cited why they were on the astral plane not just a scan of Galactus defending himself there and acted like this is one of Galactus' standard method of attacks. You twist context to suit Galactus.

quanchi112
I use scans, I invoke rules, and I even solicit the opinion of a mod to interpret the rules just so there's no ambiguity.

The mod's response:

"It's my opinion that Galactus knows Thanos and the power gem and would do whatever was necessary from the get go to stop him."

i.e. use all the powers available at his command. Now you want to cry in a corner because Galactus' power set allows him to circumvent the powers of certain infinity gems, be by guest, but don't ever insist I'm wrong because I am supported by the rules, which are KMC's rules. I quoted them on three separate occassions to you. Read them..

*++++++*

However your opinion on one who adheres to the rules, is supported by a mod's opinion, and backed with scans, is simply

So you equate KMC rules with CBR rules. Good for you.

You'll make another post about context, Galactus doesn't do so and so, and I'll just quote my response here to you, I'm already resting easy with this because you have nothing to back up your claims aside from "Galactus doesn't do that in comics"

Well, this is a vs. forum, and he does do that here. Closed, done, finished, read up on the KMC rules. You took the context out of the reason they were on the astral plane. You aren't going to get away with it.

Did Galactus ever put another character into the astral plane that wasn't already there and mindrape him into submission?

When was Galactus stated to have cosmic awarness?

celestialdemon
Has the Power Gem alone ever allowed its user to stand up to an abstract-level being?

SoulDevourer
"abstract level"?

is Galactus full fed in this fight? (if so this spite)

quanchi112
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Has the Power Gem alone ever allowed its user to stand up to an abstract-level being? Thano shas already shown the power to affect Galactus, physically. I don't mean he almost beat him I mean he launched him a few hundred yards. The power gem can make him physically unbeatable, he can repel Galactus' blasts, etc.

Ouallada
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Has the Power Gem alone ever allowed its user to stand up to an abstract-level being?

Owning a fully-prepped Strange is probably its best feat, besides statements like Thor becoming a universal threat and so on.

To the thread in general, it's definitely possible that the PG amps Thanos' TP. Even though the scan in which Thanos talks about the PG references the other gems only, it must be noted that he is speaking in context of the gems as a summary whole. If the PG gave Thor more strength and durability than before, it is already a given that the PG can act outside the jurisdiction of the other gems. Of course, the counter argument can be made that the PG only increases strength and durability on its own. Just throwing this possible explanation out there.

Slaanesh
Galactus stomp..Thanos can't hope to win with PG alone..

Tenebrous
You took the context out of the reason they were on the astral plane. You aren't going to get away with it.

Did Galactus ever put another character into the astral plane that wasn't already there and mindrape him into submission?

When was Galactus stated to have cosmic awarness?

Ah so Galactus waits for people he wants to kill to invite him to the astral plane? So you implicitly argue that Galactus....waits to be invited to the astral plane before he goes himself...and the person he wants to kill, he will just wait for an invitation from Thanos. I see why it's been so difficult for you to grasp.

FAIL.

As for cosmic awareness, look it up. I even told you were to look. Nevermind that the surfer has CA. Do we need to get into an argument of the nature of the Power Cosmic and the powers it grants? From whom the power cosmic comes from? Pathetic tactic.

I've been giving you knowledge, you've given me illogical reasoning, it's time you be proactive instead of reactive.

Mr Master

The Power Gem amps the other gems period no expression
Actually, the Power Gem augments one's inherent powers, not just the other Gems.

And for the record, when harnessed fully,
the Power Gem then increases said one's powers into infinity.

This is why Warlock/PG (not even fully harnessed) owned Strange like a baby,
with just the Power Gem,
yes ... Dr Strange (fully prepped) and with ALL of his Talisman's combined.

Thor/PG who wasn't even near fully harnessing it,
ko'd Surfer/Warlock and Strange one shot style,
and this was while Warlock & Strange were throwing everything they had at em.

Now of course, these guys aren't Galactus,
but Eternity did say, that PG/Thor with time,
would be a threat to a good portion of all that is "Infinity" and himself.

Now, if we factor that this is Thanos with the PG,
we can safely guess just how far he could take it,
if Thor had such potential.

Imo, can't give Thanos the definite win,
but I don't see Galactus hurting Thanos here either.

occultdestroyer
I don't see how Thanos could counter him getting teleported to the Astral Plane.

Ouallada
Originally posted by Mr Master
Actually, the Power Gem augments one's inherent powers, not just the other Gems.

And for the record, when harnessed fully,
the Power Gem then increases said one's powers into infinity.

This portion here has always made me uncomfortable, even though it is generally along the line of thought that I subscribe to as well.

Assuming optimal usage of the PG on a character already possessing telepathic powers, for example, wouldn't the mind gem be made obsolete by the PG? Along the same lines, someone with a diverse powerset like SS would literally find the other gems useless as long as he could optimally use the PG, no? With that said, is this simplay another case of a different level of supreme authority or infinity if someone with the other related powers (speed, telepathic powers, matter manipulation etc) has optimal usage of the PG goes up against another being with no powers but who has the whole IG? According to the above train of thought, they would logically be equal.

quanchi112
Ah so Galactus waits for people he wants to kill to invite him to the astral plane? So you implicitly argue that Galactus....waits to be invited to the astral plane before he goes himself...and the person he wants to kill, he will just wait for an invitation from Thanos. I see why it's been so difficult for you to grasp.

FAIL.

As for cosmic awareness, look it up. I even told you were to look. Nevermind that the surfer has CA. Do we need to get into an argument of the nature of the Power Cosmic and the powers it grants? From whom the power cosmic comes from? Pathetic tactic.

I've been giving you knowledge, you've given me illogical reasoning, it's time you be proactive instead of reactive. That isn't failure that's explaining the context behind the scan you put up falsely representing it. Galactus didn't pull Thanos out of reality and take him to the astral plane. laughing out loud

So, you won't even tell me which issue out of 12 to look it up? When is it explained the Surfer has cosmic awareness? I'm merely asking you to back up your claims and you just name random stories. Tell me a page number and comic or else don't bring it up.

Thanos blasts Galactus into submission. It's that simple. Galactus fights in character out for the kill and he has never ever taken someone to the astral plane from reality in order to kill anyone.

quanchi112
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
I don't see how Thanos could counter him getting teleported to the Astral Plane. When has Galactus ever teleported anyone from reality into the astral plane?

KuRuPT Thanosi
It is my personal belief that the PG does amplify TP abilities that you might already posses. I don't think it amplifies it to the same degree the mind gem does which is specific to that area but does increase your superhuman abilities as I believe the description says. That being the case I'm not sure Galactus could take Thanos that way. Lets also remember that Thanos has his shields which Galactus even commented on were the hardest he's had to work to get through and depleted vital energies. So, if thanos has some time to get accustomed to the Gem and starts with shields up he blasts Galactus into submission. If he just gets the Gem and is dropped into battle I think Galactus takes a majority.

leonidas
This portion here has always made me uncomfortable, even though it is generally along the line of thought that I subscribe to as well.

Assuming optimal usage of the PG on a character already possessing telepathic powers, for example, wouldn't the mind gem be made obsolete by the PG? Along the same lines, someone with a diverse powerset like SS would literally find the other gems useless as long as he could optimally use the PG, no? With that said, is this simplay another case of a different level of supreme authority or infinity if someone with the other related powers (speed, telepathic powers, matter manipulation etc) has optimal usage of the PG goes up against another being with no powers but who has the whole IG? According to the above train of thought, they would logically be equal.

laughing out loud

i'd thought the same thing. i liken the PG to the ultimate suppport system. i see it as a blunt tool, and the other gems as more refining tools. i think the PG WOULD amp 'any power' the wielder possesses. we don't define 'power' as simply brute force. it doesn't lend the other gems 'brute force'. i think it would suport and empower natural powersets that a being possess--make blasts more powerful, make tp more potent--whereas the mind gem would not only make tp more potent, it would also open up other NEW abilities altogether. if someone could alter reality without the PG it would increase the scope of their power. with the reality gem, the person could perhaps understand ways to further REFINE that power.

meh, that's kind of the way i see the gems working.

that being the case, i don't think g could overwhelm thanos even if he did choose to battle him telepathically.

i still think g could win if thanos hans't been allowed some time to let the gem suitably increase his power though.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by leonidas
laughing out loud

i'd thought the same thing. i liken the PG to the ultimate suppport system. i see it as a blunt tool, and the other gems as more refining tools. i think the PG WOULD amp 'any power' the wielder possesses. we don't define 'power' as simply brute force. it doesn't lend the other gems 'brute force'. i think it would suport and empower natural powersets that a being possess--make blasts more powerful, make tp more potent--whereas the mind gem would not only make tp more potent, it would also open up other NEW abilities altogether. if someone could alter reality without the PG it would increase the scope of their power. with the reality gem, the person could perhaps understand ways to further REFINE that power.

meh, that's kind of the way i see the gems working.

that being the case, i don't think g could overwhelm thanos even if he did choose to battle him telepathically.

i still think g could win if thanos hans't been allowed some time to let the gem suitably increase his power though.

You made me proud my son Happy Dance smile thumb up

leonidas
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
You made me proud my son Happy Dance smile thumb up

then my mission was accomplished. no expression

stick out tongue

ps--eny is gonna be soooooooo jealous . . . heh

iceman24567

Assuming optimal usage of the PG on a character already possessing telepathic powers, for example, wouldn't the mind gem be made obsolete by the PG? Along the same lines, someone with a diverse powerset like SS would literally find the other gems useless as long as he could optimally use the PG, no? With that said, is this simplay another case of a different level of supreme authority or infinity if someone with the other related powers (speed, telepathic powers, matter manipulation etc) has optimal usage of the PG goes up against another being with no powers but who has the whole IG? According to the above train of thought, they would logically be equal. I was thinking this if the power gem amped tp aswell what the hell is the point of the mind gem?

Tenebrous
That isn't failure that's explaining the context behind the scan you put up falsely representing it. Galactus didn't pull Thanos out of reality and take him to the astral plane. laughing out loud

Complete failure as you are now implicitly arguing that Galactus is incapable of pulling people to the astral plane until they are there first and invite him to come. Or you are arguing that Moondragon has TP skills that are superior to Galactus', since it was Moondragon who prepped Thanos for the astral plane laughing

Don't ever tell me what to do. You want to question basic powers of characters, do your research. You want to question when Galactus has performed TP, I gave you a scan. You're reaching for anything to support your argument, such as proving Galactus has CA, and this tactic only grinds your argument further, which has already been crumbled into dust.

LOL. Nevermind the fact that he was proceeding to Kill Thanos on the astral plane.

But in this fight, he forgets about that encounter because Thanos didn't send him an evite to come to the astral plane.

LOL.

KuRuPT Thanosi
then my mission was accomplished. no expression

stick out tongue

ps--eny is gonna be soooooooo jealous . . . heh

No need to worry Leo, I have PLENTY of love to go around embarrasment stick out tongue eek!

KuRuPT Thanosi
Complete failure as you are now implicitly arguing that Galactus is incapable of pulling people to the astral plane until they are there first and invite him to come. Or you are arguing that Moondragon has TP skills that are superior to Galactus', since it was Moondragon who prepped Thanos for the astral plane laughing

Don't ever tell me what to do. You want to question basic powers of characters, do your research. You want to question when Galactus has performed TP, I gave you a scan. You're reaching for anything to support your argument, such as proving Galactus has CA, and this tactic only grinds your argument further, which has already been crumbled into dust.

LOL. Nevermind the fact that he was proceeding to Kill Thanos on the astral plane.

But in this fight, he forgets about that encounter because Thanos didn't send him an evite to come to the astral plane.

LOL.

Nobody is questioning that Galactus could take him if he choose to do so. What he's asking for are examples of when he's taken someone there to battle them when he's been confronted for a one v one situation. If he hasn't done that and certainly not regularly then how is that in character for Galactus to fight that way. Yes they fight at to the best of their abilities but they must also fight in character. Just like how it's not likely surfer will just open a black hole in someone head right from the start. When has he done that.. and thus it's not in character. It's pretty simple line of thought that your not really adressing and just focuing on if Galactus could do that.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I was thinking this if the power gem amped tp aswell what the hell is the point of the mind gem?

The mind gem would give you OTHER abilities you don't already have and open up new doors. The PG would just enhance the abilites you already have. Thus because Thanos already has very good TP it would make it that much stronger.

Ouallada
The mind gem would give you OTHER abilities you don't already have and open up new doors. The PG would just enhance the abilites you already have. Thus because Thanos already has very good TP it would make it that much stronger.

That is the likely progression of logic, and is something I've considered as well. The only thing I have against that is that when the entire IG is used, I don't see any huge amount of versatility in any of the gems' aspects that really signify any forms of control that we have not seen on panel yet. From a purely speculative and logical point of view, there isn't really much a gem like the time gem could add, for instance, that a SS with optimal use of the PG would not have. The same applies to the space gem, whose uses are pretty straightforward and could conceivable be made obsolete by optimal usage of the PG as well.

We're probably on the right track here though. It always helps to clear up muddied stuff about the PG, as its often one of the most difficult items to gauge accurately on these forums.

leonidas
all the gems suck. no expression

KuRuPT Thanosi
all the gems suck. no expression

Not in the hands of the mad titan stick out tongue

quanchi112

LOL. I am saying it isn't in character for Galactus to ever rip someone out of reality into the astral plane. When has he ever done it? He defended himself there against Thanos. Galactus doesn't mindrape people into submission. Thor doesn't use the godblast in every vs thread either. You are trying to bring cbr rules into a kmc style debate. Sorry, I won't allow it.

If you can't back up your claims just say so. When someone asks you to back up your case you don't just name random stories. I guess he doesn't have cosmic awareness or else you would have proven it to me.

I knew the context behind why he performed the tp which you have been running from ever since. I use context while you don't. Don't ever think I'll let you get away with it. Now if you don't back up your claim I'll ignore your claim from now on.

Because Thanos wanted to try and defeat him in this manner. Galactus didn't bring Thanos into the astral plane. That's a key point. Galactus tried defending himself there. That's it. I am rather tired of repeating the circumstances behind your scan.

Thanos wins this all ten due to the power gem. Galactus depletes vast energies while Thanos can deflect and or just blast him into submission.

quanchi112
Not in the hands of the mad titan stick out tongue Not even in the hands of Thor.

Tenebrous
I am saying it isn't in character for Galactus to ever rip someone out of reality into the astral plane. When has he ever done it? He defended himself there against Thanos. Galactus doesn't mindrape people into submission. Thor doesn't use the godblast in every vs thread either. You are trying to bring cbr rules into a kmc style debate. Sorry, I won't allow it.

If you can't back up your claims just say so. When someone asks you to back up your case you don't just name random stories. I guess he doesn't have cosmic awareness or else you would have proven it to me.

I knew the context behind why he performed the tp which you have been running from ever since. I use context while you don't. Don't ever think I'll let you get away with it. Now if you don't back up your claim I'll ignore your claim from now on.

Because Thanos wanted to try and defeat him in this manner. Galactus didn't bring Thanos into the astral plane. That's a key point. Galactus tried defending himself there. That's it. I am rather tired of repeating the circumstances behind your scan.

Thanos wins this all ten due to the power gem. Galactus depletes vast energies while Thanos can deflect and or just blast him into submission.

Way to ignore the rules and go against the opinion of a mod who applied those rules in a decision.

I won't ever allow you to impose falsities and insufficient logic to an already won debate. Galactus has the will and ability to kill thanos on the astral plane.

You want to argue that he's going to wait until Thanos invites him there so he can kill him? So thanos can invite himself to his own death, be my guest.

Cosmic awareness is NOT a claim. Do you claim Superman to have freeze breath? of course not. Do you claim Superman to have super strength? This is common accepted knowledge and there's a litany of issues that deal with cosmic awareness, I WILL NOT be dictated to by the inferior debater and have supreme comfort that the rules back me up, your limitations of knowledge concerning certain characters are none of my concern...if you wanted me to prove that Cyclops is on the X-Men, i'd still send you off to do your own research. If you're too lazy to read secret wars, then that's your problem quanchi, not mine

The rules back my logic, a mod backs my logic, the scans back my logic, and all you can do is mount a feeble posture of Galactus having to wait until invited to the astral plane, simply because he doesn't take opponents there unless they invite him first. Laughable.

The "No PIS" Rule

PIS = Plot Induced Stupidity

At times, for the sake of the plot, characters that are immensely more powerful than their opponent will "job" to carry on the plot of the story, even though the characters powers and history would clearly show that they are more than capable of destroying their opponent. For this reason we have a No PIS Rule. This rule prohibits the use of such instances of PIS from being used as evidence in debates.

Full Capacity
It is assumed that each contestant will fight to his/her best ability, but still within the character's personality, unless specified otherwise. That means they will use any powers at their disposal. For example, even though The Flash doesn't clock each of his own opponents in the first millisecond in his own comic, it is assumed that is a viable tactic on this board since it is a proven fact that he possesses that level of speed.
It is also assumed that the characters fight at their optimum levels of ability - not explicitly weakened or unusually powered up for those who have variable power levels.

No Mentioning Events of PIS
Plot Induced Stupidity, or PIS, is when characters don't use their abilities or skills to the fullest extent as shown before, even within their personality ranges, for the sake of the story plotline. It makes lesser powered characters an actual challenge against higher powered characters in the comics. Examples of PIS include Flash stories lasting longer than three panels, or Toy Man as a threat to Superman.

Character Induced Stupidity, or CIS, on the other hand, refers to any natural mental limitations that characters impose upon themselves and reduce their ability to use their own skills and powers effectively. Unlike PIS, CIS does not occur because the plot requires it, but because the character is genuinely that dumb. Examples of the CIS-afflicted include characters such as Rhino or Jar Jar Binks. Events of CIS are not exempt from debates.

"Generally for full capacity, the feat should have been done at least a few times and not include any sort of power up or be SmvFL or PIS. Superman doesn't go around speed blitzing people and usually will try to talk to a new foe before fighting. And then will only take things far enough for him to win. So that would be considered in character for Superman.

But if Supes knows Doomsday is going to wreck a city and kill people then it's assumed he'll use any measure to stop Dooms Days quickly. So that would take into account prior knowledge, knowing a character from previous in comic encounters or basic knowledge, which is given to all combatants.

It's my opinion that Galactus knows Thanos and the power gem and would do whatever was necessary from the get go to stop him.

I hope that clears things up."

-KMC Moderator

You won't ever allow superior logic to bring you up to a new level, yes I know.

Tenebrous
Nobody is questioning that Galactus could take him if he choose to do so. What he's asking for are examples of when he's taken someone there to battle them when he's been confronted for a one v one situation. If he hasn't done that and certainly not regularly then how is that in character for Galactus to fight that way. Yes they fight at to the best of their abilities but they must also fight in character. Just like how it's not likely surfer will just open a black hole in someone head right from the start. When has he done that.. and thus it's not in character. It's pretty simple line of thought that your not really adressing and just focuing on if Galactus could do that.

No it's not in SS's character to open up the fight right away. As I've been stating it IS in Galactus' character to KILL Thanos. The power gem presents a situation where killing Thanos is unlikely; Galactus knows this through extensive experience both opposing the gems as well as possessing them. Characters have prior knowledge of each other if they have encountered each other before, that's a default setting.

CA let's Galactus know Thanos has the power gem. If this were an ordinary opponent then the case can be built that Galactus doesn't contend against them on the astral plane; however this is Thanos, whom Galactus has the intent to KILL, and has nearly done so on the astral plane before.

Now which is less in character; for Galactus go into a battle with the intent to kill using energy blasts against an infinity-gem possessing Thanos, or for Galactus to go into battle with the intent to kill using a technique which nearly worked before, which also happens to give him greater chance of achieving his goal?

You can argue the first and that's fine, as I've already reiterated my points ad infinitum and even had clarification from a mod, who has read the thread and pm'd me his interpretation of the rules in regards to this contest.

Naija boy
No it's not in SS's character to open up the fight right away. As I've been stating it IS in Galactus' character to KILL Thanos. The power gem presents a situation where killing Thanos is unlikely; Galactus knows this through extensive experience both opposing the gems as well as possessing them. Characters have prior knowledge of each other if they have encountered each other before, that's a default setting.

CA let's Galactus know Thanos has the power gem. If this were an ordinary opponent then the case can be built that Galactus doesn't contend against them on the astral plane; however this is Thanos, whom Galactus has the intent to KILL, and has nearly done so on the astral plane before.

Now which is less in character; for Galactus go into a battle with the intent to kill using energy blasts against an infinity-gem possessing Thanos, or for Galactus to go into battle with the intent to kill using a technique which nearly worked before, which also happens to give him greater chance of achieving his goal?

You can argue the first and that's fine, as I've already reiterated my points ad infinitum and even had clarification from a mod, who has read the thread and pm'd me his interpretation of the rules in regards to this contest.

Agreed entirely.

quanchi112
Way to ignore the rules and go against the opinion of a mod who applied those rules in a decision.

I won't ever allow you to impose falsities and insufficient logic to an already won debate. Galactus has the will and ability to kill thanos on the astral plane.

You want to argue that he's going to wait until Thanos invites him there so he can kill him? So thanos can invite himself to his own death, be my guest.

Cosmic awareness is NOT a claim. Do you claim Superman to have freeze breath? of course not. Do you claim Superman to have super strength? This is common accepted knowledge and there's a litany of issues that deal with cosmic awareness, I WILL NOT be dictated to by the inferior debater and have supreme comfort that the rules back me up, your limitations of knowledge concerning certain characters are none of my concern...if you wanted me to prove that Cyclops is on the X-Men, i'd still send you off to do your own research. If you're too lazy to read secret wars, then that's your problem quanchi, not mine

The rules back my logic, a mod backs my logic, the scans back my logic, and all you can do is mount a feeble posture of Galactus having to wait until invited to the astral plane, simply because he doesn't take opponents there unless they invite him first. Laughable.

The "No PIS" Rule

PIS = Plot Induced Stupidity

At times, for the sake of the plot, characters that are immensely more powerful than their opponent will "job" to carry on the plot of the story, even though the characters powers and history would clearly show that they are more than capable of destroying their opponent. For this reason we have a No PIS Rule. This rule prohibits the use of such instances of PIS from being used as evidence in debates.

Full Capacity
It is assumed that each contestant will fight to his/her best ability, but still within the character's personality, unless specified otherwise. That means they will use any powers at their disposal. For example, even though The Flash doesn't clock each of his own opponents in the first millisecond in his own comic, it is assumed that is a viable tactic on this board since it is a proven fact that he possesses that level of speed.
It is also assumed that the characters fight at their optimum levels of ability - not explicitly weakened or unusually powered up for those who have variable power levels.

No Mentioning Events of PIS
Plot Induced Stupidity, or PIS, is when characters don't use their abilities or skills to the fullest extent as shown before, even within their personality ranges, for the sake of the story plotline. It makes lesser powered characters an actual challenge against higher powered characters in the comics. Examples of PIS include Flash stories lasting longer than three panels, or Toy Man as a threat to Superman.

Character Induced Stupidity, or CIS, on the other hand, refers to any natural mental limitations that characters impose upon themselves and reduce their ability to use their own skills and powers effectively. Unlike PIS, CIS does not occur because the plot requires it, but because the character is genuinely that dumb. Examples of the CIS-afflicted include characters such as Rhino or Jar Jar Binks. Events of CIS are not exempt from debates.

"Generally for full capacity, the feat should have been done at least a few times and not include any sort of power up or be SmvFL or PIS. Superman doesn't go around speed blitzing people and usually will try to talk to a new foe before fighting. And then will only take things far enough for him to win. So that would be considered in character for Superman.

But if Supes knows Doomsday is going to wreck a city and kill people then it's assumed he'll use any measure to stop Dooms Days quickly. So that would take into account prior knowledge, knowing a character from previous in comic encounters or basic knowledge, which is given to all combatants.

It's my opinion that Galactus knows Thanos and the power gem and would do whatever was necessary from the get go to stop him.

I hope that clears things up."

-KMC Moderator

You won't ever allow superior logic to bring you up to a new level, yes I know. Ignoring the rules. laughing out loud Way to ignore the context behind the situation. I will now put up scans bringing together the entire situation. I will never take anything you ever put up as evidence again. You like I said put up an alternate reality feat for Galactus in the past, refused to back up your claim with even a page number, and lied about Thanos and Galactus' meeting in the astral plane while trying to go for the cbr win which doesn't even work on here.

Here is how it all starts. It is Thanos that initiates their encounter on the astral plane through moondragon's aid not Galactus.

Galactus just needs to blink his eye to join Thanos. Galactus has never and I repeat never dragged an unwilling participant into the astral plane. Context.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/thanos03_08.jpg

Here in my second scan even Galactus agrees that on this plane that it ensures Thanos' continued existence. Why would Galactus employ a tactic he has never done before and one in which he finds easier for Thanos to evade him in?

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/thanos03_09.jpg

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/thanos03_10-1.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/thanos03_11.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/thanos03_12.jpg

Here Galactus tries to kill Thanos for his actions.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/thanos03_13.jpg

Here Thanos easily evades this attempt and galactus himself agrees he would never be this easy to kill.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/thanos03_14.jpg

I have owned you with each and every scan. Furthermore, Thanos initiated this meeting and left when he wanted to. Galactus even backed up the fact it would be harder to kill Thanos here which Thanos set up than in reality further backing up my case. Even Galactus agrees with me. You can't twist the comic into something it never was.

Cosmic awareness is a claim. Frostbreath is a common ability while ca isn't for either the surfer or Galactus. You again aren't backing up your claim. If it's that easy why not supply me with a page number of secret wars. I'd love to hear why you believe the surfer has cosmic awareness as well.

Again, you cannot back up your claims, lied in the past by providing an alternate reality feat of Galactus' speed, and lied in this very thread acting as if Galactus took Thanos into the astral plane when he set it up and left on his own accord very easily. Galactus doesn't have cosmic awareness to my knowledge and neither does the Surfer. The Surfer has enhanced cosmic senses. Quasar briefly had it I believe along with Photon, Maelstrom, and Epoch off the top of my head.

Again, the scans are up so you stop with the charade of Galactus ever initiating or taking someone to the astral plane ever again. Galactus was taken there and was out for Thanos at the end of their meeting and from that point on. Galactus has never used that tactic and only came under Thanos' invitation.

Like I said, Thanos wins.

Eternal Idol
Here in my second scan even Galactus agrees that on this plane that it ensures Thanos' continued existence. Why would Galactus employ a tactic he has never done before and one in which he finds easier for Thanos to evade him in?

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/thanos03_09.jpg

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/thanos03_10-1.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/thanos03_11.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/thanos03_12.jpg

Here Galactus tries to kill Thanos for his actions.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/thanos03_13.jpg

Here Thanos easily evades this attempt and galactus himself agrees he would never be this easy to kill.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/thanos03_14.jpg
In those last two scans, it looks to me like Galactus was referring more to Thanos' cunning/elusiveness than his actual durability. Galactus was about to f*** Thanos up on the astral plane, and Thanos practically admits it.

Utrigita
Galactus for the win, astral plan ore forceblock isolation ore simply teleporting the Power Gem out of Thanos grip.

starlock
Thanos for the win

After looking thru this thread...i think its in thanos's favor to win the majority here...he knows too much about galactus.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
In those last two scans, it looks to me like Galactus was referring more to Thanos' cunning/elusiveness than his actual durability. Galactus was about to f*** Thanos up on the astral plane, and Thanos practically admits it. I never said otherwise, but Thanos leaves when he wants to. Galactus admitted it's better for Thanos to be on the astral plane than in reality. Galactus never has taken anyone there before and since. It was Thanos who set this up. Tenebrous was misrepresenting what actually happened and left out the fact that Thanos easily left while Galactus didn't summon him right back. He never has inititiated this on his own, ever.Originally posted by Utrigita
Galactus for the win, astral plan ore forceblock isolation ore simply teleporting the Power Gem out of Thanos grip. When has Galactus ever taken an unwilling participant to the astral plane? I put up the scans and still people are using this misrepresented scene.

You can't easily teleport the power gem away or else Thanos, Strange, et.l would easily have done so to Thor.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Well that does shed some light on Tene claims about the Astral Plane. Clearly, by Galactus own words it WOULDN"T be beneficial for him to take Thanos there. He admits here that thanos can just evade things easier there and can leave when he wants. Nevermind, the fact that it ISN'T in character for him to take him there in the first place. In order for something to be in character he has to do it at least sometimes not NEVER. Whatever Mod ruled on this clearly didn't see the scans quan put up which indicates by Galactus own words it is harder to kill Thanos there then in reality. Thus the tactic used by Tene to give Galactus the win doesn't seem probable or likely. Galactus usually goes blast for blast with people and if he does that here Thanos will win. However, Galactus does have other options at his disposal to win as well.

Enyalus
Well for one, Thor wasn't actually in a Warrior Madness mode. But secondly, you're using madness as a defense for why Thor's psychic defenses were impenetrable? Really?

What's Thanos' moniker again? The Mad Titan?

Let's not ignore the fact that Thanos blatantly stated on my scan that Galactus' TP was beyond him.
Stated blatantly, for real? 'Cause I all I saw was "Galactus exhibited telepathic skills never before in evidence." Which, you know, would be the standard response to someone who had never seen Galactus use any TP whatsoever before.

And that's about that.

Utrigita
When has Galactus ever taken an unwilling participant to the astral plane? I put up the scans and still people are using this misrepresented scene.

You can't easily teleport the power gem away or else Thanos, Strange, et.l would easily have done so to Thor.

Galactus has used his Astral Projection to immidiate intercept Doom when he set of a explosion that reacted to the Shield placed around the earth by Galactus, a second incident was against Terrax where Galactus either levels what was around Thanos ore draws his to the Astral Plan, either way that was one Telepathic Bolt from Galactus was enough. Two incidents where Galactus used his Astral Projection to directly attack/intercept a being have been brought forward wasn't that what you wanted? Furthermore you are to some extent either deliberately ore unknowingly ignoring your own scans, Moondragon clearly stats that someone in the past have tried a Psychic Defense against Galactus, so while Galactus haven't directly drawn people into the Astral Plan, we know (according to Moondragon) that Galactus have attacked people with his mind alone before this incident.

And those people certainly have the same level of teleporting objects as Galactus right? Please show me when Thanos ore Strange moved a Galaxy I'm curious. I also recall numerous people stating that the power gems wield can't be physical overpowered yet I recall that exact situation Happening to Drax when he fought WM Thor.

Utrigita

Stated blatantly, for real? 'Cause I all I saw was "Galactus exhibited telepathic skills never before in evidence." Which, you know, would be the standard response to someone who had never seen Galactus use any TP whatsoever before.

And that's about that.

Yet Thanos was fully aware of the fact that Galactus had Telepathic skills, else Thanos wouldn't have asked Galactus to lower his defenses and come to the Astral Plan would he?

leonidas
i've been enjoying all this too much to really weigh in on it, but i'll be damned if quan hasn't run wild in this thread. laughing out loud

he's right--it would be hard enough for g to overpower thanos without actually taking him to a place where thanos is even HARDER to kill (and that from g's own mouth).

and it's fully possible for someone to have crazy-uber psi defenses, but not be particularly (or at all) potent with offensive psi powers. logan is a perfect example, as are the new gods. even thor has strong natural defenses.

Utrigita
and it's fully possible for someone to have crazy-uber psi defenses, but not be particularly (or at all) potent with offensive psi powers. logan is a perfect example, as are the new gods. even thor has strong natural defenses.

And they can raise and lower those defenses as they see fit?

leonidas
Originally posted by Utrigita
And they can raise and lower those defenses as they see fit?

yes. at least some can, to some extent. sage is an example. wolverine can do something similar. he CAN consciously lessen his defenses to let someone in. if logan doesn't want you in his mind, it's hell getting in, but people like charlie who have been ALLOWED access can roam around to some degree. free reign? no, but still, logan's agreement is essential.

another example that comes immediately to mind is sue storm--she allowed psi-lord access to her mind at one point during the malice nonsense.

so, yes, to your question. at least in some cases.

Utrigita
yes. at least some can, to some extent. sage is an example. wolverine can do something similar. he CAN consciously lessen his defenses to let someone in. if logan doesn't want you in his mind, it's hell getting in, but people like charlie who have been ALLOWED access can roam around to some degree. free reign? no, but still, logan's agreement is essential.

another example that comes immediately to mind is sue storm--she allowed psi-lord access to her mind at one point during the malice nonsense.

so, yes, to your question. at least in some cases.

So those you mentioned can lower their defenses and then blink their eyes and then be present on the Astral Plan?

And Thanos have mindread Sue Storm effortlessly on other occasion.

quanchi112
Galactus has used his Astral Projection to immidiate intercept Doom when he set of a explosion that reacted to the Shield placed around the earth by Galactus, a second incident was against Terrax where Galactus either levels what was around Thanos ore draws his to the Astral Plan, either way that was one Telepathic Bolt from Galactus was enough. Two incidents where Galactus used his Astral Projection to directly attack/intercept a being have been brought forward wasn't that what you wanted? Furthermore you are to some extent either deliberately ore unknowingly ignoring your own scans, Moondragon clearly stats that someone in the past have tried a Psychic Defense against Galactus, so while Galactus haven't directly drawn people into the Astral Plan, we know (according to Moondragon) that Galactus have attacked people with his mind alone before this incident.

And those people certainly have the same level of teleporting objects as Galactus right? Please show me when Thanos ore Strange moved a Galaxy I'm curious. I also recall numerous people stating that the power gems wield can't be physical overpowered yet I recall that exact situation Happening to Drax when he fought WM Thor. I'd like a scan or an issue number referring to the doom incident as I am not familiar with it. Sending a tp bolt isn't the same as taking someone and placing them inside the astral plane. Moondragon lost via mental war before with Thanos and she helped set this whole meeting up. That is another example of someone else initiating a mental war and losing. That doesn't mean Thanos runs around participating in mind wars, does it?

It's not the same thing as far as you are describing. I need to see the scans or an issue where he intercepted Doom. I'm not implying you aren't right but I've been burned in the past when I take someone at their word.

I never said he doesn't have psychic defenses. Not one time so you are getting confused as to what I am saying. I am saying it isn't in character for Galactus to do so and especially against Thanos as he himself agreed it's beneficial for Thanos as opposed to having an encounter in reality. Thanos was almost killed by a single blast. This also further supports my stance. Thanos left when his attack failed and galactus didn't just re-summon him. I have more than proved my case.

What does moving a galaxy have to do with teleporting the pg away from it's user? I mean seriously. Eternity acted like Thor would be a threat to even himself had Thor continued to run around unchecked but all he has to do is teleport the gem away? laughing out loud

First off he wasn't in the state of warrior madness and second off.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/WarlockInfinity-21-08.jpg

Pwned.

leonidas
So those you mentioned can lower their defenses and then blink their eyes and then be present on the Astral Plan?

And Thanos have mindread Sue Storm effortlessly on other occasion.

laughing out loud

i already know thanos has strong tp. stronger than sue's defenses, i guess. so what?

you asked a question and didn't like the answer. my claim was that people CAN possess strong defenses but NOT powerful offenses. i proved that with several examples, now you're changing the question and asking if those people ALSO show strong offensive potential. nice.

anyway, to answer this NEW point, of those i mentioned i think sage might be able to travel the astral plane, but her offensive tp is still (or was at one point) very weak.

Utrigita
I'd like a scan or an issue number referring to the doom incident as I am not familiar with it. Sending a tp bolt isn't the same as taking someone and placing them inside the astral plane. Moondragon lost via mental war before with Thanos and she helped set this whole meeting up. That is another example of someone else initiating a mental war and losing. That doesn't mean Thanos runs around participating in mind wars, does it?

It's not the same thing as far as you are describing. I need to see the scans or an issue where he intercepted Doom. I'm not implying you aren't right but I've been burned in the past when I take someone at their word.

I never said he doesn't have psychic defenses. Not one time so you are getting confused as to what I am saying. I am saying it isn't in character for Galactus to do so and especially against Thanos as he himself agreed it's beneficial for Thanos as opposed to having an encounter in reality. Thanos was almost killed by a single blast. This also further supports my stance. Thanos left when his attack failed and galactus didn't just re-summon him. I have more than proved my case.

What does moving a galaxy have to do with teleporting the pg away from it's user? I mean seriously. Eternity acted like Thor would be a threat to even himself had Thor continued to run around unchecked but all he has to do is teleport the gem away? laughing out loud

First off he wasn't in the state of warrior madness and second off.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/WarlockInfinity-21-08.jpg

Pwned.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Mind%20and%20Senses/Daredevil037-17.jpg

It was still a Astral Projection of Galactus and a example of Galactus using his telepathic abilities offensively against a (at that time) enemy. And why exactly is that important to the debate Quanchi? Does it show that Thanos by himself is incapable of entering the Astral Plan? Ore does it show that Thanos needed Moondragons help to stand a chance? Please what relevance does the fact that Moondragon acted as the phone have on this debate? As mentioned we know have two (three) seperate incidents where Galactus have used his Telepathy to engage Opponents, unless you want to argue that Thanos Telepathic Abilities surpass those of Galactus, then it have been shown that Galactus can if he will engage a opponent with his telepathic skills.

Whether ore not my describtion fit, it still shows that Galactus can and has engaged people with his Telepathic, to then go a step further and suggest that he can't draw people into the Astral Plan when he effortlessly owned and restored and entirely dominated Professor Xavier when he was on the astral plan is a far reach imo.

No I'm not confused the slightest, According to Moondragon Someone (we doesn't get a name) in the past (could have been 10.000 years ago) tried to defend themselves from Galactus by utilizing Telepathy now you can either look at it as a battle on the astral plan ore purely mind vs mind, but either way Galactus won as the attacking part. There is now three seperate incidents where Galactus have utilized either his Astral Form ore his Telepathy either to damage ore restore, that you are under the belief that Galactus will begin Blasting Thanos like a mindless Brute when he knows what Thanos have in his possession is imo a entire miscalculation of Galactus as a character imo. So instead of pulling engaging him in a mindbattle where Galactus almost killed him, you think he will just begin Blasting away, even though Galactus have cosmic Awareness and to avoid a little shout that "Galactus doesn't have Cosmic Awareness" ore the like, Secret wars (and If I read the the link correctly Volume 7 page 13 and again in Volume 10 page 6 and then in Dazzler Volume 11 page 4.

That the force which can be applied to the teleport is much greater in Galactus case then either Thanos ore Doctor Strange could produce... Did they even try, ofcause not that would have wreaked the plot, but did they try? And SS have defeated a being that could be a threat to the reality itself, the amount of beings that can destroy the universe ore cause damage to it seem to increase by the day.

Then under what Circumstances did he get it Quanchi? I recall Thor hitting Drax in the stomach and then the Power Gem popped out from Drax's mouth, but I'm sure you will provide the context. smile

Tenebrous

And that's about that.

No, absolutely not.

"Galactus exhibited telepathic skills never before in evidence" would be the standard response to someone who had never seen that level of skill before. Galactus has used TP before Thanos and it was quite clear that Thanos was afraid of Galactus' TP, as referenced by "that makes you a liability" in reference to Moondragon.

If Thanos were really saying "I've never seen Galactus use TP whatsoever before" his reaction should be more surprise. Instead, he clearly is concerned about the level of skill, as he banishes Moondragon from his starship without a word on the very next page, and she does not appear for the rest of the series.

So Thanos merely felt Surprise? Not at all. There was some surprise there, but that is clearly trumped by his feelings of trepidation.

And that, is that.

Utrigita
laughing out loud

i already know thanos has strong tp. stronger than sue's defenses, i guess. so what?

you asked a question and didn't like the answer. my claim was that people CAN possess strong defenses but NOT powerful offenses. i proved that with several examples, now you're changing the question and asking if those people ALSO show strong offensive potential. nice.

anyway, to answer this NEW point, of those i mentioned i think sage might be able to travel the astral plane, but her offensive tp is still (or was at one point) very weak.

Yeah please laugh Leonidas smile

My case is that Galactus have a stronger Telepathic assault then Thanos' defenses can withstand.

I asked a question and wanted it elaborated not because the question didn't suit me but because I saw it more as Willpower then telepathic skill a misunderstanding on my part possibly. And No now you are doing a great job of misunderstanding the question, I asked if those People that you mentioned that can lower their defenses is also capable of entering the Astral plan if they are asked too do it?

Tenebrous
he's right--it would be hard enough for g to overpower thanos without actually taking him to a place where thanos is even HARDER to kill (and that from g's own mouth).

Where do you get that?

Enyalus
So Thanos merely felt Surprise? Not at all. There was some surprise there, but that is clearly trumped by his feelings of trepidation.
Indeed. He clearly felt Moondragon was out of her league, and told her so. stick out tongue He's clearly not intimidated by Galactus, because he stands over him and lectures him about the folly of his ways, etc etc, at the very end of the arc, when Galactus is no more than a dozen feet away.

And still, there's the Power Gem to contend with. It and the Titan's own formidable psychic defenses.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Where do you get that?

Read the scans Quan posted. By Big G own words it's even harder to kill Thanos on the Astral Plan and when Thanos saw he coudn't win he just effortless left. Big G didn't try and keep him there and even said it was harder to kill him there and yet you think he will employ that tactic.

Furthermore, as I clearly stated before they have to fight IN character that is IN THE RULES. Galactus when he faces off with someone does he take them to the Astral plan or blast away more? We all know the answer. It is IN CHARACTER for him to try and blast Thanos away. It's not IN character to take him to the astral plane. Yes they fight to their full potential but in character. Big G when facing someone one v. one how many times has he taken them to the Astral Plan. It better be sometimes to fight your argument. The fact is it hasn't happened or if it has maybe once or twice. That is hardly in character and especially considering by his own words it is harder to kill Thanos there and yet your "tactician" theory says he'll take him there.... Doubtful

Tenebrous
Indeed. He clearly felt Moondragon was out of her league, and told her so. stick out tongue He's clearly not intimidated by Galactus, because he stands over him and lectures him about the folly of his ways, etc etc, at the very end of the arc, when Galactus is no more than a dozen feet away.

And still, there's the Power Gem to contend with. It and the Titan's own formidable psychic defenses.

Yes, when he's looming over Galactus after Starlin's "60% chance of survival" nuclear explosion.

The same Thanos that ran after Galactus was unleashed from his chains in Annihilation.

quanchi112
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Mind%20and%20Senses/Daredevil037-17.jpg

It was still a Astral Projection of Galactus and a example of Galactus using his telepathic abilities offensively against a (at that time) enemy. And why exactly is that important to the debate Quanchi? Does it show that Thanos by himself is incapable of entering the Astral Plan? Ore does it show that Thanos needed Moondragons help to stand a chance? Please what relevance does the fact that Moondragon acted as the phone have on this debate? As mentioned we know have two (three) seperate incidents where Galactus have used his Telepathy to engage Opponents, unless you want to argue that Thanos Telepathic Abilities surpass those of Galactus, then it have been shown that Galactus can if he will engage a opponent with his telepathic skills.

Whether ore not my describtion fit, it still shows that Galactus can and has engaged people with his Telepathic, to then go a step further and suggest that he can't draw people into the Astral Plan when he effortlessly owned and restored and entirely dominated Professor Xavier when he was on the astral plan is a far reach imo.

No I'm not confused the slightest, According to Moondragon Someone (we doesn't get a name) in the past (could have been 10.000 years ago) tried to defend themselves from Galactus by utilizing Telepathy now you can either look at it as a battle on the astral plan ore purely mind vs mind, but either way Galactus won as the attacking part. There is now three seperate incidents where Galactus have utilized either his Astral Form ore his Telepathy either to damage ore restore, that you are under the belief that Galactus will begin Blasting Thanos like a mindless Brute when he knows what Thanos have in his possession is imo a entire miscalculation of Galactus as a character imo. So instead of pulling engaging him in a mindbattle where Galactus almost killed him, you think he will just begin Blasting away, even though Galactus have cosmic Awareness and to avoid a little shout that "Galactus doesn't have Cosmic Awareness" ore the like, Secret wars (and If I read the the link correctly Volume 7 page 13 and again in Volume 10 page 6 and then in Dazzler Volume 11 page 4.

That the force which can be applied to the teleport is much greater in Galactus case then either Thanos ore Doctor Strange could produce... Did they even try, ofcause not that would have wreaked the plot, but did they try? And SS have defeated a being that could be a threat to the reality itself, the amount of beings that can destroy the universe ore cause damage to it seem to increase by the day.

Then under what Circumstances did he get it Quanchi? I recall Thor hitting Drax in the stomach and then the Power Gem popped out from Drax's mouth, but I'm sure you will provide the context. smile Ok, there was a barrier linked specifically to the surfer's powers. Then Galactus upon knowing of the power cosmic trying to escape the power through Doom halted him via astral projection. I won't deny this as something he can do as I had forgotten about this when doom stole his powers. The point is while this may easily take out Doom he has proven he cannot easily do so to Thanos. Thanos evaded him and quite easily I might add after his psychic attack failed. Thanos>Doom.

The point is that just because you can attack someone on the psychic plane that doesn't mean you cannot be defeated in doing so or not be evaded. Thanos defeated moondragon before and Galactus was getting the better of Thanos here.

Thanos can easily leave this playing field as he did so. Galactus also explained that it's better for Thanos there than it is in reality further proving it's out of character for him to attack Thanos in this manner.

I hadn't seen him do so prior to this and unlike tenebrous at least you back up your claims.

Yes, he will still take him on in reality despite his ca which had him powering Tyrant up and trying to overpower him with raw tech.

Thanos can leave the astral plane very easily and unlike Doom he can't freeze him in place.

When Drax was busy being dumb yes, but the guy isn't exactly a road scholar and Thanos won't have it in the pit of his stomach and actually will consciously tap into it as opposed to subconsciously.

So now you want to cite pis as all you have to do is teleport it away despite Thanos ability to teleport entire backgrounds and Strange's resume?

You need to back up your claim that Galactus can easily teleport the power gem away from Thanos.

Enyalus
The same Thanos that ran after Galactus was unleashed from his chains in Annihilation.
I think I might be mixing things up or not understanding you. By 'chains' you mean after Galactus was freed from being a walking bomb, right? Thanos was already dead, and was the one who attempted to free him to begin with. So if that's what you're referring to, Thanos didn't run.

Tenebrous
Read the scans Quan posted. By Big G own words it's even harder to kill Thanos on the Astral Plan and when Thanos saw he coudn't win he just effortless left. Big G didn't try and keep him there and even said it was harder to kill him there and yet you think he will employ that tactic.

Furthermore, as I clearly stated before they have to fight IN character that is IN THE RULES. Galactus when he faces off with someone does he take them to the Astral plan or blast away more? We all know the answer. It is IN CHARACTER for him to try and blast Thanos away. It's not IN character to take him to the astral plane. Yes they fight to their full potential but in character. Big G when facing someone one v. one how many times has he taken them to the Astral Plan. It better be sometimes to fight your argument. The fact is it hasn't happened or if it has maybe once or twice. That is hardly in character and especially considering by his own words it is harder to kill Thanos there and yet your "tactician" theory says he'll take him there.... Doubtful

He never said it's harder to kill Thanos there...saying it ensures his continued existence does not equate to Thanos having some beefed up TP defenses, that was never stated. Simply that on the astral plane, many of Galactus' powers cannot be brought to bear directly against Thanos. Clearly, that also does not mean Thanos was entirely safe, he had to be evacuated by Moondragon before he was actually KILLED.

And again, your argument is all well and good but "someone" does not refer to Thanos. Thanos is the exception to the rule of "Galactus fighting entity x" because there's a specific "in character" trait that Galactus possesses that does not apply to 99.99% of the persons/entities that he faces; namely he has the intent to KILL Thanos. You cannot apply blanket statements of "it's not in Galactus' character to attack with method x against opponent y" because NONE of those opponents have the specific "in character" Galactus trait of Galactus wanting to KILL. For example...the FF, the Beyonder, SS, Thor, Avengers, whomever...he never actually was depicted as having the intent to kill. As I said, you want to support the in character displays of Galactus blasting character x, so be it. You violate the "in character" motivation of wanting to kill Thanos as none of those attacks are performed with the intent to kill/exact vengeance.

As the mod said, if Superman were facing a "new enemy" then he would enter into parlay before laying the smack down.

However if Superman is facing Doomsday (the EXCEPTION to the norm, as I've been arguing), then, going with past encounters and knowledge of Doomsday's intent, Superman pulls out ALL the stops and does whatever is necessary.

Tenebrous
I think I might be mixing things up or not understanding you. By 'chains' you mean after Galactus was freed from being a walking bomb, right? Thanos was already dead, and was the one who attempted to free him to begin with. So if that's what you're referring to, Thanos didn't run.

By "chains" I was speaking metaphorically about the machines into which Thanos had placed him and the SS.

Thanos was attempting to free Galactus and specifically was preparing to teleport away as soon as Galactus were freed. I don't have the scan as my desktop harddrive crashed some months ago but it is there.

Of course, before he actually finished freeing Galactus, he was killed. Nevertheless, his intent and wariness over Galactus was clearly stated.

quanchi112
Yeah please laugh Leonidas smile

My case is that Galactus have a stronger Telepathic assault then Thanos' defenses can withstand.

I asked a question and wanted it elaborated not because the question didn't suit me but because I saw it more as Willpower then telepathic skill a misunderstanding on my part possibly. And No now you are doing a great job of misunderstanding the question, I asked if those People that you mentioned that can lower their defenses is also capable of entering the Astral plan if they are asked too do it? He can and has easily left when things didn't go his way. Galactus also commented on Thanos' own survival based on this.

quanchi112
By "chains" I was speaking metaphorically about the machines into which Thanos had placed him and the SS.

Thanos was attempting to free Galactus and specifically was preparing to teleport away as soon as Galactus were freed. I don't have the scan as my desktop harddrive crashed some months ago but it is there.

Of course, before he actually finished freeing Galactus, he was killed. Nevertheless, his intent and wariness over Galactus was clearly stated. Thanos wasn't going to be around when the shit hit the fan. Why would he be? Galactus is far more powerful than Thanos and had been busy studying him while in captivity. That's Thanos being smart.

Tenebrous
Thanos can easily leave this playing field as he did so. Galactus also explained that it's better for Thanos there than it is in reality further proving it's out of character for him to attack Thanos in this manner.

Moondragon isn't in this fight. Furthermore Galactus stated it's better for Thanos on the astral plane because many of Galactus' powers can't be brought to bear on the astral plane...there's no reference whatsoever to Thanos having impressive TP defences.

We know this because he was on the way to being KILLED before being evacuated by Moondragon

Tenebrous
Thanos wasn't going to be around when the shit hit the fan. Why would he be? Galactus is far more powerful than Thanos and had been busy studying him while in captivity. That's Thanos being smart.

Fear and caution are not mutually exclusive

quanchi112
Moondragon isn't in this fight. Furthermore Galactus stated it's better for Thanos on the astral plane because many of Galactus' powers can't be brought to bear on the astral plane...there's no reference whatsoever to Thanos having impressive TP defences.

We know this because he was on the way to being KILLED before being evacuated by Moondragon I never said she was. I merely brought up the fact that even Galactus agrees with me. It's in character for him to destroy Thanos in reality.

What? Are you kidding me? He may not be up to Galactus' level but he was close enough to overwhelming him albeit briefly, but come on. Thanos left when he wanted to. Gaalctus didn't re -engage him he sent someone else to do his dirty work for him.

quanchi112
Fear and caution are not mutually exclusive It seems that my scans put to death your wild claims and your cbrish type fight.

Enyalus
Of course, before he actually finished freeing Galactus, he was killed. Nevertheless, his intent and wariness over Galactus was clearly stated.
Ah, yes, of course. And during Infinity War, I believe, Thanos also demonstrated his prudence by shutting the help up when Galactus told him to.

Doesn't mean he'd beat him with the Power Gem, though. Just my opinion. I mean hell, Warlock with just the Power Gem took down a fully prepped, fully talismanned (is that a word?) Classic Strange pretty easily.

And before sneering at that (I admit, the defense seems weak), recall that a fully prepped Classic Doc would make someone like Galactus look foolish. And G is dealing with someone here who both tactically intelligence-wise and power-wise makes Classic Doc look like a scrub.

Utrigita
Ok, there was a barrier linked specifically to the surfer's powers. Then Galactus upon knowing of the power cosmic trying to escape the power through Doom halted him via astral projection. I won't deny this as something he can do as I had forgotten about this when doom stole his powers. The point is while this may easily take out Doom he has proven he cannot easily do so to Thanos. Thanos evaded him and quite easily I might add after his psychic attack failed. Thanos>Doom.

The point is that just because you can attack someone on the psychic plane that doesn't mean you cannot be defeated in doing so or not be evaded. Thanos defeated moondragon before and Galactus was getting the better of Thanos here.

I hadn't seen him do so prior to this and unlike tenebrous at least you back up your claims.

Yes, he will still take him on in reality despite his ca which had him powering Tyrant up and trying to overpower him with raw tech.

Thanos can leave the astral plane very easily and unlike Doom he can't freeze him in place.

When Drax was busy being dumb yes, but the guy isn't exactly a road scholar and Thanos won't have it in the pit of his stomach and actually will consciously tap into it as opposed to subconsciously.

So now you want to cite pis as all you have to do is teleport it away despite Thanos ability to teleport entire backgrounds and Strange's resume?

You need to back up your claim that Galactus can easily teleport the power gem away from Thanos.

Doom at that point of time didn't have the Surfers power iirc. He mentions the explosion that he sets off the incident you are refering to is probably this one.
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/misc/SilverSurfer-LTM02-18.jpg
The main point that the Thanos have presented throughout this entire discussion was either that Galactus couldn't draw people onto the Astral Plan ore attack him with Telepathic because that wasn't in his character, We now have four seperate incidents where Galactus have been the attacking part with his telepathic abilities either through the Astral Projection ore telepathic Bolts. True but the force bubble that Doom was trapped in I would like to see Thanos break, another incident of a stasisfield the third so far.

True but that is the Astral Plan, a Telepathic assault is if I understand it correctly much more difficult to withstand. That is correct hence I see no reason why he shouldn't do so again, and this time they are located infront of each other, nothing stops Galactus from either telepathic assaulting Thanos ore drawing Thanos onto the Astral Plan if Thanos should escape the first time the second time the third etc, it will wear down Thanos.

Thanos left the playingfield when he was the part inviting and with Moondragon in as backup. It's true that when Galactus was blasted across the planet by Thanos he teleported back and stomped Thanos with a energyblast, however to suggest that Galactus would also do it when Thanos have the power gem is to again disregard what we know of Galactus, Do you think Galactus has less located inside the skull then Drax?

The CA should be commen knowledge Q, what you have been debating so far is the Thanos encounter so no additionel scans have been required since all parties knew what was being discussed.

I have already mention numeroues times in other threads that I find the entire encounter Laughable, inconsistant and highly inlogical given the circumstances concerning the fight.

While it's correct that Thanos can leave the Astral Plan when Moondragon was acting as his Phone, he couldn't singlehandedly leave Thor's WM mind he needed the assistance of the others that was trapped aswell and Galactus Telepathic Skills far outweights those that Thor can present, I see no reason to believe that Thanos can withstand a prolonged Telepathic Assault by Galactus.

Whether ore Not Drax was being Dumb he still lost it in a physical confrontation to Thor. I'm fully aware of what Thanos will do with the Power Gem, However IIRC did Thanos even utilize the Power Gem a single time to amp his own attributes in his battle with the Elders over the gems?

No, I wouldn't I asked if they even tried it, if they didn't I see no reason why they shouldn't try it, and again Galactus can as Tenebrous claimed on already the first Page I believe Trap Thanos in a forcefield if that is what he desires.

Cool Galactus teleporting First Taa II to War World
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/misc/SecretWars005-02.jpg
and then Galactus is teleporting a Galaxy.
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/misc/rom02721vt0.jpg
Teleporting Reed.
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/misc/SecretWars09-12.jpg

Now unless you are suggesting that the Power Gem is somehow immune to Teleportation ore is somehow to large a object for Galactus to Teleport I see no reason why this isn't a useable Tactic for Galactus, ore unless you want a scan of something else.

Utrigita
And before sneering at that (I admit, the defense seems weak), recall that a fully prepped Classic Doc would make someone like Galactus look foolish. And G is dealing with someone here who both tactically intelligence-wise and power-wise makes Classic Doc look like a scrub.

What incident are you refering to Enyalus?

quanchi112
Doom at that point of time didn't have the Surfers power iirc. He mentions the explosion that he sets off the incident you are refering to is probably this one.
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/misc/SilverSurfer-LTM02-18.jpg
The main point that the Thanos have presented throughout this entire discussion was either that Galactus couldn't draw people onto the Astral Plan ore attack him with Telepathic because that wasn't in his character, We now have four seperate incidents where Galactus have been the attacking part with his telepathic abilities either through the Astral Projection ore telepathic Bolts. True but the force bubble that Doom was trapped in I would like to see Thanos break, another incident of a stasisfield the third so far.

True but that is the Astral Plan, a Telepathic assault is if I understand it correctly much more difficult to withstand. That is correct hence I see no reason why he shouldn't do so again, and this time they are located infront of each other, nothing stops Galactus from either telepathic assaulting Thanos ore drawing Thanos onto the Astral Plan if Thanos should escape the first time the second time the third etc, it will wear down Thanos.

Thanos left the playingfield when he was the part inviting and with Moondragon in as backup. It's true that when Galactus was blasted across the planet by Thanos he teleported back and stomped Thanos with a energyblast, however to suggest that Galactus would also do it when Thanos have the power gem is to again disregard what we know of Galactus, Do you think Galactus has less located inside skull then Drax?

The CA should be commen knowledge Q, what you have been debating so far is the Thanos encounter so no additionel scans have been required since all parties knew what was being discussed.

I have already mention numeroues times in other threads that I find the entire encounter Laughable, inconsistant and highly inlogical given the circumstances concerning the fight.

While it's correct that Thanos can leave the Astral Plan when Moondragon was acting as his Phone, he couldn't singlehandedly leave Thor's WM mind he needed the assistance of the others that was trapped aswell and Galactus Telepathic Skills far outweights those that Thor can present, I see no reason to believe that Thanos can withstand a prolonged Telepathic Assault by Galactus.

Whether ore Not Drax was being Dumb he still lost it in a physical confrontation to Thor. I'm fully aware of what Thanos will do with the Power Gem, However IIRC did Thanos even utilize the Power Gem a single time to amp his own attributes in his battle with the Elders over the gems?

No, I wouldn't I asked if they even tried it, if they didn't I see no reason why they shouldn't try it, and again Galactus can as Tenebrous claimed on already the first Page I believe Trap Thanos in a forcefield if that is what he desires.

Cool Galactus teleporting First Taa II to War World
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/misc/SecretWars005-02.jpg
and then Galactus is teleporting a Galaxy.
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/misc/rom02721vt0.jpg
Teleporting Reed.
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/misc/SecretWars09-12.jpg

Now unless you are suggesting that the Power Gem is somehow immune to Teleportation ore is somehow to large a object for Galactus to Teleport I see no reason why this isn't a useable Tactic for Galactus, ore unless you want a scan of something else. I'd need to reread this comic. i read a reprint I believe years ago of Doom stealing the Surfer's powers and thought that scan was from it.

Galactus already engaged Thanos in tp battle and it was nothing like Doom's experience. You cannot substitute Doom for Thanos just because it helps your argument despite the fact we already have an example of these two meeting on the astral plane. Thanos easily exits. That's it.

Again, even according to his own words this isn't in Galactus' best interests when dealing with Thanos. Thanos can also easily exit.

Galactus was also ignorant enough to release Hunger and tired blasting it into nothingness. Thanos had to orchestrate his death despite Galactus' ca. Galactus is arrogant and foolishly believes himself to be above Thanos despite Thanos helping defeat the Hunger while Galactus was the fool who released him. Galactus despite your random scans blasts things into submission including Thanos.

Thanos can easily leave the astral plane when he wants to anyways. The sheer bulk of Galactus' appearances support my view of what he does in character.

How is ca common knowledge? Even so the guy has looked like an absolute moron when dealing with Tyrant and the Hunger just to name a few.

You want to dismiss something you don't like. I don't. That's the difference between us.

Drax lost the gem when he had it in his stomach. When tapping into it he was unbeatable against Thor. Context.

Thanos did leave, but this has nothing to do with his interaction with Galactus. Nothing. He left in both occasions. Thanos will start this battle with the intent to kill and will immediately bring the heat.

He didn't have to.

Again, many other characters have the ability to teleport and the pg isn't the size of galaxies so what's the point of these scans?

Many diffferent characters with the ability to teleport came into contact with Thor so provide proof it's this easy.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>