Superboy Prime vs. Larfleeze

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Well?

Galan007
one guardian atomized prime. my guess is larf would own him.

Knowsbleed33
Orange Lantern.

quanchi112
My guess is when Prime makes his way to Larfleeze Prime owns him.

Prep-Man
OA.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Prep-Man
OA. Based on?

Prep-Man
having more power at his disposal. pretty soon, he'll have a blue ring, then a green ring, etc...

quanchi112
having more power at his disposal. pretty soon, he'll have a blue ring, then a green ring, etc... Prime is durable as crap and is stronger than crap. The guy ripped open the Monarch's armor. The guy flies around easily owning gl's, etc. Larfleeze gets pwned imo when Prime makes his way up to him.

Slaanesh
Prime..unless Larfleeze can BFR him..there's no way Larfleeze can beat him..

Galan007
Originally posted by quanchi112
Prime is durable as crap and is stronger than crap. The guy ripped open the Monarch's armor. The guy flies around easily owning gl's, etc. he was also atomized by a single guardian - and larf is seemingly > all the guardians.

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by Galan007
he was also atomized by a single guardian - and larf is seemingly > all the guardians.

thumb up

guy222
AO

Slaanesh
he was also atomized by a single guardian - and larf is seemingly > all the guardians.

that Guardian only BFR him..Prime was ok..those Guardian attack Prime and it didn't do shit..Prime laugh off their attack..those Guardian are shit compare to Prime..

iceman24567
Agent Orange for the stomp

The Nuul
AO stomps

theICONiac
AO stomps ONLY if he can avoid SMP reaching him directly...

One of the Guardians I'm sure could just as easily atomize Larfleeze but felt it was better to cut a deal than, you know, die.

There is no reasoning with Prime...hence deciding to just take him out at the cost of one of their own lives...

vlaaad12345
^Except larfleeze just recently fought like half a dozen guardians...and he was overpowering them along with several green lanterns at the same itme.

Prep-Man
AO also owned the Controllers, who are nearly on the guardians level. Prime gets owned.

theICONiac
AO also owned the Controllers, who are nearly on the guardians level. Prime gets owned.

They were TOTALLY caught off-guard. Larfleeze defeated them with a few-dozen constructs.

Constructs are >= GL's...

SMP defeated dozens of GL's effortlessly.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by theICONiac
They were TOTALLY caught off-guard. Larfleeze defeated them with a few-dozen constructs.

Constructs are >= GL's...

SMP defeated dozens of GL's effortlessly.

these guys are supposed to have cosmic awareness, so ao dropping in on them like that is pretty impressive. slaughtering them more like it.

thanos-prime
With prime's durability it would take a lot more than what ao can dish out

Prep-Man
we don't even know AO limits, so we can't say something like that. yet.

thanos-prime
we don't even know AO limits, so we can't say something like that. yet. nor do we know prime's so you cant just give it to larfleeze by default

Prep-Man
prime hasn't slaughtered controllers or gone up against multiple guardians. AO already has some insane feats. for all purposes, prime is just another pre-crisis brick. we have seen prime get chewed up by Krypto and be effected by superboy's heat vison, his durability isn't all that great. it's not even greater than silver age's durability peak.

manx422
prime

thanos-prime
prime hasn't slaughtered controllers or gone up against multiple guardians. AO already has some insane feats. for all purposes, prime is just another pre-crisis brick. we have seen prime get chewed up by Krypto and be effected by superboy's heat vison, his durability isn't all that great. it's not even greater than silver age's durability peak. prime wasent given the chance to fight multiple guardians because one sacrificed themselves to kill him and all it did was knock him out what issue did he get hurt from superboys heat vision?

Prep-Man
Originally posted by thanos-prime
prime wasent given the chance to fight multiple guardians because one sacrificed themselves to kill him and all it did was knock him out what issue did he get hurt from superboys heat vision?

i said he was effected by superboy's heat vision in LO3W #5. prime's durability isn't on the level of silver age pre-crisis kryptonians or daxamites. during that era, they were nearly unstoppable.

AO has shields to protect him from prime. and will probably work too.

thanos-prime
i said he was effected by superboy's heat vision in LO3W #5. prime's durability isn't on the level of silver age pre-crisis kryptonians or daxamites. during that era, they were nearly unstoppable.

AO has shields to protect him from prime. and will probably work too. shields that stop reality warping punches?

Prep-Man
shields that stop reality warping punches?

well, it was stated that AO's powers rival Parallax's, so anything's possible. IF AO is on that level, Prime will be stopped, IMO.

thanos-prime
well, it was stated that AO's powers rival Parallax's, so anything's possible. IF AO is on that level, Prime will be stopped, IMO. well could go either way imo

Prep-Man
well could go either way imo

could be. we should get more info on AO. he's only had a handful of appearances.

thanos-prime
could be. we should get more info on AO. he's only had a handful of appearances. thats my main problem though

xJLxKing
Prime losses because of the way he fight. He will probably fight the constructs instead of AO himself. If Prime just goes for Larfleeze, then he will win. It won't take much. With the durability, and speed he has, he can easily get to AO, and still his lantern(or knock it off).

Just because AO killed the guardians faster and more effectively then Prime doesn't make AO stronger against everyone that Prime fought. They have totally different powers. AO's lanterns can absorb attacks(energy), but nobody said anything about physical. Not only that

thanos-prime
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Prime losses because of the way he fight. He will probably fight the constructs instead of AO himself. If Prime just goes for Larfleeze, then he will win. It won't take much. With the durability, and speed he has, he can easily get to AO, and still his lantern(or knock it off).

Just because AO killed the guardians faster and more effectively then Prime doesn't make AO stronger against everyone that Prime fought. They have totally different powers. AO's lanterns can absorb attacks(energy), but nobody said anything about physical. Not only that Agreed accept i don't think prime would attack the constructs he would see how powerful ao is and go straight for the kill prime doesn't usually play around

quanchi112
he was also atomized by a single guardian - and larf is seemingly > all the guardians. I disagree 100 percent. The guardians decided not to defeat him because it's better to deal with the devil you know as opposed to the devil you don't know.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/gl_42_015.jpg

quanchi112
Originally posted by iceman24567
Agent Orange for the stomp Based on what?Originally posted by The Nuul
AO stomps How does he stomp Prime who is making his way to him? Who has stomped Prime anyways?

thanos-prime
Based on what? How does he stomp Prime who is making his way to him? Who has stomped Prime anyways? Nobody big grin

quanchi112
Nobody big grin Exactly. Prime and Larfleeze is a good matchup but once he closes in Prime ends this.

thanos-prime
Exactly. Prime and Larfleeze is a good matchup but once he closes in Prime ends this. Agreed

xJLxKing
Agreed accept i don't think prime would attack the constructs he would see how powerful ao is and go straight for the kill prime doesn't usually play around
Actually, Prime doesn't go for the kill. He plays around, laughing, and making fun of other. He even blames them for his problem. In my opinion, Prime is not that smart. He will fight his AO first. That's what I think will be his downfall.

He if fight as smart as Superman, or Hal, he'll win.

What are you talking about?
If anything, that picture proves that they couldn't harm AO

thanos-prime
Actually, Prime doesn't go for the kill. He plays around, laughing, and making fun of other. He even blames them for his problem. In my opinion, Prime is not that smart. He will fight his AO first. That's what I think will be his downfall.

If anything, that picture proves that they couldn't harm AO He only plays around when he knows he can but in this case he cant afford to he will see this and go for the kill

xJLxKing
He only plays around when he knows he can but in this case he cant afford to he will see this and go for the kill
So far, everyone Prime has fought was much weaker then him in every way (ie. speed, durability, strength..etc). Even against Ion, he played around.

thanos-prime
So far, everyone Prime has fought was much weaker then him in every way (ie. speed, durability, strength..etc). Even against Ion, he played around. not everyone Monarch,the green lanterns and others

The Nuul
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/2226/gl25a.th.jpg

The two are close combat.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/3742/gl25b.th.jpg

SBP shitting his pants.

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/6978/gl25c.th.jpg

SBP explodes.

thanos-prime
Originally posted by The Nuul

SBP shitting his pants.

SBP explodes. That proves nothing except sbp's insane durability show me an equal durability feat on ao's behalf then well talk

xJLxKing
That proves nothing except sbp's insane durability show me an equal durability feat on ao's behalf then well talk
AO doesn't have Durability feats. But he has absorb the "same" attack that the guardians used on Prime

thanos-prime
AO doesn't have Durability feats. But he has absorb the "same" attack that the guardians used on Prime Yes he would be better suited against an energy based opponent.

The Nuul
SBP couldnt take a single Guardian without exploding.

AO for now > Guardians.

thanos-prime

AO for now > Guardians. sbp cant absorb the energy like ao can that doesn't make him weaker he just has a different power set that being said ao cant absorb sbp punches

john16
Larfleeze didn't really do much the the Guardians. His Corps did, but do they get their own powers and powerlevels. That could explain why they had a hard time, and does he get any in this match?

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by john16
Larfleeze didn't really do much the the Guardians. His Corps did, but do they get their own powers and powerlevels. That could explain why they had a hard time, and does he get any in this match?

Larfleeze's corps power stems from him, as he is the possessor of the Orange Lantern.

He simply projects his corps as constructs.

xJLxKing

AO for now > Guardians.
Ao has a better time against Energy wielder then Prime does, but it doesn't change the fact that Prime was able to tank their attack easily. http://img139.imageshack.us/i/gl25a.jpg/
Same attack

thanos-prime
Ao has a better time against Energy wielder then Prime does, but it doesn't change the fact that Prime was able to tank their attack easily. http://img139.imageshack.us/i/gl25a.jpg/
Same attack Yes people like to use the prime vs guardian showing as a loss for prime but it i' sent there intention was to kill him and all they managed to do was make him madder.

john16
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Larfleeze's corps power stems from him, as he is the possessor of the Orange Lantern.

He simply projects his corps as constructs.

OK then but do they keep their original powerlevel and powers as well?

quanchi112

If anything, that picture proves that they couldn't harm AO What are you talking about he doesn't go for the kill?

How many lanterns did he kill in ic? He was killing random people in sc as well. He demoralized Ion and almost beat him to death. He isn't always going to kill everyone he fights. Who does? Seriously.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/FC-Lot3W01-006.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/FC-Lot3W01-016.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/scan021.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/026.jpg

theICONiac
Yes people like to use the prime vs guardian showing as a loss for prime but it i' sent there intention was to kill him and all they managed to do was make him madder.

Darn tootin'!

The Guardians backed down from AO...the cut a deal instead of destroying him and having someone worse take the orange lantern...

They knew there no dealing with Prime, so they opted to try and kill him instead. Which of course didn't work.

quanchi112
So far, everyone Prime has fought was much weaker then him in every way (ie. speed, durability, strength..etc). Even against Ion, he played around. Monarch. Originally posted by The Nuul

SBP shitting his pants.

SBP explodes. All that proves is he was afraid. That tactic showed how deserate the guardian was and it only further powered up Prime.

AlmightyKfish
OK then but do they keep their original powerlevel and powers as well?

Don't think so, they're just orange light constructs of deceased beings as far as I know.

john16
In that case its highly impressive, but has he got more power that a Universe destroying blast? Because Prime took that and was fine.

xJLxKing
Monarch.
Yeah, He wanted to rip Monarch apart because of what he was doing.

iceman24567
In that case its highly impressive, but has he got more power that a Universe destroying blast? Because Prime took that and was fine. With an amp

Supermutant
SBP loses, SMP would wins

john16
Originally posted by iceman24567
With an amp

Actually he lost his amp when it happened, or almost did completely.

quanchi112
Yeah, He wanted to rip Monarch apart because of what he was doing. Well, you said he has never taken on any beings more powerful than him. Monarch, Am, and Mxy also ring a bell. Don't sell Prime short.

john16
So the Monarch fight counts as a win then? I suppose so.

Its best to just laugh off the Mxy thing, I mean who can really take that serious??

quanchi112
So the Monarch fight counts as a win then? I suppose so.

Its best to just laugh off the Mxy thing, I mean who can really take that serious?? Yes.

Prime took out Mxy with an amp and with Anntaz nonsense off panel. It's still an example of him taking on someone more powerful, but he can't beat Mxy straight up if Mxy doesn't screw around. Mxy has always been too much of a joke character to really take seriously.

xJLxKing
Well, you said he has never taken on any beings more powerful than him. Monarch, Am, and Mxy also ring a bell. Don't sell Prime short.
AM was close to death. Not only that, but AM didn't consider him an enemy. Prime was suppose to be his ally. If Monarch was stronger, he would have won. He instead lost. Mxy was depowered.

quanchi112
AM was close to death. Not only that, but AM didn't consider him an enemy. Prime was suppose to be his ally. If Monarch was stronger, he would have won. He instead lost. Mxy was depowered. And? Am is still more powerful than Prime. Prime was busy torching sc and gl left and right.

Monarch was more powerful and he lost due to Prime's strength. Monarch was powerful enough preupgrade to dominate an entire room of top tiers. smile

Quit selling Prime short here.

Enyalus
Prime, FTW.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Enyalus
Prime, FTW. Keep up the good work.

john16
You need to just brung up the fights then because there's Monarch, fair enough, Ion not really at his peak yet but still quite impressive.

AM was weakened and it wasn't a fight, Prime got him from behind and Mxy was stupid and shouldn't really be used.

quanchi112
You need to just brung up the fights then because there's Monarch, fair enough, Ion not really at his peak yet but still quite impressive.

AM was weakened and it wasn't a fight, Prime got him from behind and Mxy was stupid and shouldn't really be used. I just wanted to bring up Prime taking on more powerful characters. Monarch is the only one we really saw him take on mano e mano.

john16
True, I hope we get to see him have more 1 on 1s with characters closer to his level.

Anyway about the fight I don't think we have saw enough to say who wins. I mean I haven't seen Lar do anything more powerful than Prime yet.

xJLxKing
And? Am is still more powerful than Prime. Prime was busy torching sc and gl left and right.

Monarch was more powerful and he lost due to Prime's strength. Monarch was powerful enough preupgrade to dominate an entire room of top tiers. smile

Quit selling Prime short here.
Don't use that ABC logic!
A machine gun can kill hundreds of weaponless soldiers, but a tank might not be able to so do as easily. Does that mean Machine gun> tank? Of course not. It just depends on the situation.

Prime's strength, speed, and durability was greater then Monarch. However, Monarch had better energy attack( they were stronger too). Prime won because he was stronger, & more durable.

The others you mentioned weren't even fight(Mxy).
AM was attacked from the back. He was attacked by 11 guardians and a huge amount of GL. Then he gets stabbed in the back by one of his own soldiers.

Enyalus
A machine gun can kill hundreds of weaponless soldiers, but a tank might not be able to so do as easily. Does that mean Machine gun> tank? Of course not. It just depends on the situation.
Ironically enough, that analogy fits perfectly into this fight. Larfleeze and his constructs being like machine gun rounds, and Prime being the tank.

They're not dealing him enough damage to put him down, nor hold him down. Prime's going to tear through them like he tore through Oa and 300 miles worth of willpower like tissue paper.

Larfleeze gets his ugly-looking boar head ripped off.

xJLxKing
Ironically enough, that analogy fits perfectly into this fight. Larfleeze and his constructs being like machine gun rounds, and Prime being the tank.

They're not dealing him enough damage to put him down, nor hold him down. Prime's going to tear through them like he tore through Oa and 300 miles worth of willpower like tissue paper.

Larfleeze gets his ugly-looking boar head ripped off.
I am not going to argue that. That is true!!! but I do think that prime won't go and attack the wielder. I am sure Larfleeze can make hundreds if not thousands of constructs that will be attack Prime. AO can then hide and keep using his powers.

Enyalus
I am not going to argue that. That is true!!! but I do think that prime won't go and attack the wielder. I am sure Larfleeze can make hundreds if not thousands of constructs that will be attack Prime. AO can then hide and keep using his powers.
How long do you think it will take Prime to destroy them all? You remember what he did in IC to Oa, and what he did during SCW. Seriously, how long can an individual construct last against him? One punch? Two? What about HV hot enough to burn through Superman, while in a vastly weakened state? Or flash freezing other heroes instantly with his breath?

xJLxKing
How long do you think it will take Prime to destroy them all? You remember what he did in IC to Oa, and what he did during SCW. Seriously, how long can an individual construct last against him? One punch? Two? What about HV hot enough to burn through Superman, while in a vastly weakened state? Or flash freezing other heroes instantly with his breath? That's where you are wrong. AO will be able to absorb those attacks (Freeze breath, and HV). Also, remember what the Guardians said. You can't get rid of greed. It's always there!!

Parmaniac
was it really a universe destroying attack? I mean after this we saw a Monitor, a plant standing on solid ground und a sun shining down on them, so how can a whole universe got destroyed?

Another Thing is we (at this point) have absolutely no clue how many and what kind of beeings were absorbed by AO. I guess (maybe I'm wrong) the constructs/replicas AO creates are as powerful as the originals were, cause it says Target consumed.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Parmaniac
was it really a universe destroying attack? I mean after this we saw a Monitor, a plant standing on solid ground und a sun shining down on them, so how can a whole universe got destroyed?

Another Thing is we (at this point) have absolutely no clue how many and what kind of beeings were absorbed by AO. I guess (maybe I'm wrong) the constructs/replicas AO creates are as powerful as the originals were, cause it says Target consumed.
It was a universal destroyer. It was stated 2 different ways.

He can replicate anything he can consume

Parmaniac
He can replicate anything he can consume

yeah I agree with this, I'm not 100% sure about the replicas, are these as powerful as the originals? I assume yes

xJLxKing
yeah I agree with this, I'm not 100% sure about the replicas, are these as powerful as the originals? I assume yes
I don't know. They don't seem normal constructs that any other Lantern can make. They replicate the DNA(which would mean their powers too). But they talk, and they seems to have a brain.

john16
Someone should put up all the Larfleeze stuff (Not the whole issues) so its easier to work out what he can actually do.

john16

Another Thing is we (at this point) have absolutely no clue how many and what kind of beeings were absorbed by AO. I guess (maybe I'm wrong) the constructs/replicas AO creates are as powerful as the originals were, cause it says Target consumed. The Monitors shield protected it that's all. So yes Universal destroying blast.

Parmaniac
Someone should put up all the Larfleeze stuff (Not the whole issues) so its easier to work out what he can actually do.

agreed (maybe a respect thread)

and maybe we should wait a bit till we see some real feats that actually shows how his powers are working. If they work the way that I think their doing he's definately able to beat prime but I have no proof for this at this point otherwise noone could really proof me wrong

john16
not enough appearances for one of those, but just all that hes done gathered in 1 topic hes fighting in, I am thinking he wins this at the moment

quanchi112
I am not going to argue that. That is true!!! but I do think that prime won't go and attack the wielder. I am sure Larfleeze can make hundreds if not thousands of constructs that will be attack Prime. AO can then hide and keep using his powers. Are you kidding? He will annihilate these constructs and then make his way to Larfleeze. Superman is nothing to this guy. Larfleeze gets pwned as Prime gets his hands on him.

Prime's strength, speed, and durability was greater then Monarch. However, Monarch had better energy attack( they were stronger too). Prime won because he was stronger, & more durable.

The others you mentioned weren't even fight(Mxy).
AM was attacked from the back. He was attacked by 11 guardians and a huge amount of GL. Then he gets stabbed in the back by one of his own soldiers. What?

The bulk of Prime's durability to hang with Monarch was when he was amped. Prime imo couldn't have taken that kind of damage under his normal powerset. His last ditch effort was to breach the suit and it worked.

The point is Prime has taken on more powerful beings than Larfleeze. Point blank. There is no spin Prime is badder than Larfleeze. Originally posted by xJLxKing
That's where you are wrong. AO will be able to absorb those attacks (Freeze breath, and HV). Also, remember what the Guardians said. You can't get rid of greed. It's always there!! You can't eliminate greed but you can eliminate Larfleeze. How don't you get this? How?

xJLxKing
That's all your opinion. Larfleeze has so much power stored in his lantern. Centuries worth of energy. He'll keep making constructs. Did you see the last construct he made against the guardians + all other lanterns? That wasn't a regular construct.

What don't you get? Prime was only hurt once. That's all there was. He only said "that really hurt", but no serious injuries. not only that, but his muscles, his body and his powers were already being drained. Again, AO is as threatening as Parallax. He would easily be able to fight Monarch because Monarch is more of a Energy type rather then physical.

yeah, where do you think AO is going to be doing? Screaming, "Hey dumbass, I am over here!" Of course not!! He can be in a totally different galaxy and still have his constructs somewhere else.

quanchi112
That's all your opinion. Larfleeze has so much power stored in his lantern. Centuries worth of energy. He'll keep making constructs. Did you see the last construct he made against the guardians + all other lanterns? That wasn't a regular construct.

What don't you get? Prime was only hurt once. That's all there was. He only said "that really hurt", but no serious injuries. not only that, but his muscles, his body and his powers were already being drained. Again, AO is as threatening as Parallax. He would easily be able to fight Monarch because Monarch is more of a Energy type rather then physical.

yeah, where do you think AO is going to be doing? Screaming, "Hey dumbass, I am over here!" Of course not!! He can be in a totally different galaxy and still have his constructs somewhere else. Ok, and prime can fly at the speed of light. Hal Jordan sure seemed to get right on top of Larfleeze. Prime met the guy briefly, killed his friends easily, and broke his arm. Larfleeze was busy making him deals to get his hands on a blue ring.

Prime was enhanced in every way with the guardian amp. Monarch gave him a little taste and was openly mocking him not taking him as seriously as he should have at the time. It cost him as Prime tore open his suit. The point is he took all the damage from Monarch while he was amped save the blast which is ambiguous either way.

This battle has them start out how many feet/meters away. It's in the rules. We don't start fights galaxies away. Again, you can't eliminate greed but you can eliminate Larfleeze. It's common sense.

john16
Are you kidding? He will annihilate these constructs and then make his way to Larfleeze. Superman is nothing to this guy. Larfleeze gets pwned as Prime gets his hands on him.

What?

The bulk of Prime's durability to hang with Monarch was when he was amped. Prime imo couldn't have taken that kind of damage under his normal powerset. His last ditch effort was to breach the suit and it worked.

The point is Prime has taken on more powerful beings than Larfleeze. Point blank. There is no spin Prime is badder than Larfleeze. You can't eliminate greed but you can eliminate Larfleeze. How don't you get this? How? He pretty much lost his amp when he took the big blast.

quanchi112
He pretty much lost his amp when he took the big blast. I know, but I feel the trapper pulled him out prior to the blast hitting him.

john16
It was stated he didn't know. He found Prime floating, aka after the blast. Can't ignore what;s in the comics.

xJLxKing
'
Do you even remember what happened? AO wasn't even fighting him. All AO wanted was his ring. They were negotiating. Not only that, but AO was fighting the guardians and many other lanterns. As soon as the fight actually started between Hal+Corps and AO, AO easily overwhelmed them. They were all running for their lives. Hal then wasted all his powers from the blue+green ring to defeat one construct that AO created.

Yeah, he was an adult. All his power were enhanced, but monarch was mocking him, but he wasn't playing with him. Monarch did underestimate him.

Why don't the guardians eliminate AO if it so easy. He can make huge amount of constructs that will hold anybody down till he leaves

iceman24567
Prime tanked the blast we were given the impression he did.

thanos-prime
Just because prime had the guardian amp when he fought monarch doesn't mean he needed it prior to the monarch incident we had seen no limit to primes durability so there is no reason to think he need it.

quanchi112
It was stated he didn't know. He found Prime floating, aka after the blast. Can't ignore what;s in the comics. He found Prime floating, but we don't know actually when this was. It was dark and it doesn't make much sense for him to use Prime after tanking the blast ass opposed to before.Originally posted by iceman24567
Prime tanked the blast we were given the impression he did. Iyo. It's ambigious. The Monitor didn't sense his presence thereafter. Originally posted by thanos-prime
Just because prime had the guardian amp when he fought monarch doesn't mean he needed it prior to the monarch incident we had seen no limit to primes durability so there is no reason to think he need it. I think so. The guy is durable but Superboy can scar him for life. Him being really hurt with the amp shows me that without it in all likelihood he wouldn't last long.

quanchi112
'
Do you even remember what happened? AO wasn't even fighting him. All AO wanted was his ring. They were negotiating. Not only that, but AO was fighting the guardians and many other lanterns. As soon as the fight actually started between Hal+Corps and AO, AO easily overwhelmed them. They were all running for their lives. Hal then wasted all his powers from the blue+green ring to defeat one construct that AO created.

Yeah, he was an adult. All his power were enhanced, but monarch was mocking him, but he wasn't playing with him. Monarch did underestimate him.

Why don't the guardians eliminate AO if it so easy. He can make huge amount of constructs that will hold anybody down till he leaves Yes, I know exactly what happened. I know Larfleeze can multitask and fight on different fronts at the same time. I also know that Prime can take out hal in a second while Larfleeze didn't even despite Hal's actions.

He wasn't an adult hew was amped and called himself Superman Prime mainly due to the lawsuit against the usage of the word superboy. He was still the same arrogant manboy. Monarch thought he was defeated already and then underestimated his strength which cost him the matchup.

Because the guardians would rather deal with him ass opposed to someone else. I already put up a scan. Do you even read these comics?

xJLxKing
What? AO wasn't fighting Hal. They were negotiating. AO could have killed Hal fast, but Hal had a blue ring.

You are kidding? He wasn't a man? Mxy even commented! He said something along the lines of, your only a man due to the amp which is running out. They changed his name for CR issues.

The guardians think they can control him because they understand that it's very difficult to stop anybody who has greed.

quanchi112
What? AO wasn't fighting Hal. They were negotiating. AO could have killed Hal fast, but Hal had a blue ring.

You are kidding? He wasn't a man? Mxy even commented! He said something along the lines of, your only a man due to the amp which is running out. They changed his name for CR issues.

The guardians think they can control him because they understand that it's very difficult to stop anybody who has greed. Hal attacked him and then Larfleeze attacked him. At first they had a deal and then things progressed. Reread the comic.

He had the body of a man(amp)but wasn't really a man. Everything I said was true like usual. He was still the same boy underneath the amp. They only called him a man because of the lawsuit.

My point stands. The guardians didn't want to defeat him not that they couldn't.

john16
He found Prime floating, but we don't know actually when this was. It was dark and it doesn't make much sense for him to use Prime after tanking the blast ass opposed to before. Iyo. It's ambigious. The Monitor didn't sense his presence thereafter. I think so. The guy is durable but Superboy can scar him for life. Him being really hurt with the amp shows me that without it in all likelihood he wouldn't last long. He was looking for him or something along those lines.

quanchi112
He was looking for him or something along those lines. He found him an dcan take him from any point in time. He also was him.

john16
dcan?

Anyway its pretty obvious he took the blast, only an idiot wouldn't get that. So why am I not surprised.

quanchi112
dcan?

Anyway its pretty obvious he took the blast, only an idiot wouldn't get that. So why am I not surprised. How is it pretty obvious? When did we see Prime after the blast?

john16
We see in Legion of 3 Worlds, Prime is just left floating then hes found by Trapper. Prime was right next to the blast when it happened.

xJLxKing
Hal attacked him and then Larfleeze attacked him. At first they had a deal and then things progressed. Reread the comic.

He had the body of a man(amp)but wasn't really a man. Everything I said was true like usual. He was still the same boy underneath the amp. They only called him a man because of the lawsuit.

My point stands. The guardians didn't want to defeat him not that they couldn't.
Seriously, are you like just acting like you don't understand what someone else is talking about?

Superboy Prime was a MAN while he was powered up!! He was an adult with or without an amp. He was a MAN with an amp. He might not have made "manly" decision but HE WAS a MAN. The amp gave him that power.

The part you are talking about was the start of the fight. That's when AO was outraged and soon after the guardian+ lanterns came to aid Hal.

They COULDN'T DEFEAT HIM! That's why they are trying to control him. They are selling out their own brethren to ensure that. They couldn't defeat his construct without Hal recharging them and defeating just one construct.

john16
The amp didnt make him a man, it just powered him up some so he got bigger, he started losing it fighting Monarch.

xJLxKing
The amp didnt make him a man, it just powered him up some so he got bigger, he started losing it fighting Monarch.
The amp gave him a body of a man. His powers were that of an adult krytonian from his krypton

john16
You don't know that, I don't remember it being said, if it wasnt then your assuming. That wasn't the body of a normal adult anyway. It was the body of someone given a load of energy.

quanchi112
We see in Legion of 3 Worlds, Prime is just left floating then hes found by Trapper. Prime was right next to the blast when it happened. We see him being pulled out of space. It's ambiguous and ridiculous to assume it was after the blast when he could pull him out at any given time.

The amp didnt make him a man, it just powered him up some so he got bigger, he started losing it fighting Monarch. Exactly.

quanchi112
Seriously, are you like just acting like you don't understand what someone else is talking about?

Superboy Prime was a MAN while he was powered up!! He was an adult with or without an amp. He was a MAN with an amp. He might not have made "manly" decision but HE WAS a MAN. The amp gave him that power.

The part you are talking about was the start of the fight. That's when AO was outraged and soon after the guardian+ lanterns came to aid Hal.

They COULDN'T DEFEAT HIM! That's why they are trying to control him. They are selling out their own brethren to ensure that. They couldn't defeat his construct without Hal recharging them and defeating just one construct. No. He was amped and because of the lawsuit they called him superman prime. I think you are the only person I have ever seen even attempt something so strange.

Yes, and Prime broke Hal's arm and killed around 30 some of his friends like nothing.

Yes, they could, but they'd rather deal with him than someone they are unfamiliar with. I question your reading comprehension because it was actually spelled out very clearly in the book.

xJLxKing
You don't know that, I don't remember it being said, if it wasnt then your assuming. That wasn't the body of a normal adult anyway. It was the body of someone given a load of energy.
Mxy stated though his body is man, he is still a child.

john16
We see him being pulled out of space. It's ambiguous and ridiculous to assume it was after the blast when he could pull him out at any given time.

Exactly.

There are more reasons to sya we know he took the blast but I cant be bothered now, but apart from that the state he was in suggests it took a beating. Theres no reason to say he didnt when it is pretty obvious he did.

quanchi112
Mxy stated though his body is man, he is still a child. So? He was referring to his immaturity and his powerup. he was comparing his immaturity to superman's maturity as far as I can remember.Originally posted by john16
There are more reasons to sya we know he took the blast but I cant be bothered now, but apart from that the state he was in suggests it took a beating. Theres no reason to say he didnt when it is pretty obvious he did. It's ambiguous. I don't think he did. I'd love to pm the writer of legion.

john16
Most people agree he took the blast. Ill get more info tomorrow.

quanchi112
Most people agree he took the blast. Ill get more info tomorrow. It's speculation and unless the writer actually stated it it's interpretation.

xJLxKing
No. He was amped and because of the lawsuit they called him superman prime. I think you are the only person I have ever seen even attempt something so strange.

Yes, and Prime broke Hal's arm and killed around 30 some of his friends like nothing.

Yes, they could, but they'd rather deal with him than someone they are unfamiliar with. I question your reading comprehension because it was actually spelled out very clearly in the book.
Why he was amped is irrelevant. When amp, he had a body of a man. He doesn't matter what his name was.

Yes, Prime did that, but again Current Hal is much stronger then IC Hal. For one, he has a BLUE ring. He wouldn't survive against AO without it that much is certain. His peer couldn't beat 4 small constructs.

Did you, or did you not read it?? AO even stated that, "the blue light is gone" which is HIS one weakness that we are aware of as of now. He then says, "but mine is still here".Which is why the Guardians reply "there is no need to waste it"

What makes you think he couldn't just create another one of these which were DESTROYING everyone!! Btw check pg 12 of Gl 42

john16
It's speculation and unless the writer actually stated it it's interpretation.

I'm pretty sure its obvious, not everything has to be said by writers. Your own...interpretations of most things would agree.

xJLxKing
Prime did take the blast. The writers don't have to write everything down.

theICONiac
Quanchi is right (for once big grin)!

The Guardians CHOSE to let AO keep the orange light. They felt he could be controlled/contained.

Better to deal with the devil you know, blah blah blah...

quanchi112
Why he was amped is irrelevant. When amp, he had a body of a man. He doesn't matter what his name was.

Yes, Prime did that, but again Current Hal is much stronger then IC Hal. For one, he has a BLUE ring. He wouldn't survive against AO without it that much is certain. His peer couldn't beat 4 small constructs.

Did you, or did you not read it?? AO even stated that, "the blue light is gone" which is HIS one weakness that we are aware of as of now. He then says, "but mine is still here".Which is why the Guardians reply "there is no need to waste it"

What makes you think he couldn't just create another one of these which were DESTROYING everyone!! Btw check pg 12 of Gl 42 It's an amp. His muscles were huge is all. He still has the body of a man.

Wasn't the blue ring all used up and Larfleeze still didn't crush him. My point is Prime is above reproach by the gl's. Larfleeze is a whole unit unto himself, but he's no Prime. Prime has shown to make mincemeat of their champion hal along with exterminating the no names.

Yes, I read it. I can put up the scan but it won't sink into you. You are usually wrong and can't seem to grasp what's actually going on.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/gl_42_015.jpg

You can believe the sky is purple but that doesn't make it true.

Prime wrecks gl's and will completely wreck Larfleeze when he comes into contact with him.

quanchi112
I'm pretty sure its obvious, not everything has to be said by writers. Your own...interpretations of most things would agree. Well, if it isn't stated then we go by our own interpretations. Mine is the most logical yours isn't imo.Originally posted by theICONiac

The Guardians CHOSE to let AO keep the orange light. They felt he could be controlled/contained.

Better to deal with the devil you know, blah blah blah... I actually said that earlier the whole devil thing. You stole my line.

john16
It was shown on panel pretty much. Logical how??

theICONiac
I actually said that earlier the whole devil thing. You stole my line.

I've been saying that before you were born son stick out tongue

xJLxKing
Exactly that's my point. His body was bigger, his muscles were bigger. He capacity to hold more solar energy increased. He body as of now isn't really a man. His body is still in teens.

Are you seriously arguing that AO couldn't beat Hal? Hal was out of the fight. He lost all his power. He was almost Knocked out. That's why the guardians stepped in.

So what now you are changing you argument??

And where did I deny, or argue that Prime wouldn't beat AO if he comes in contact? I don't think you ever understand what I am arguing about.

xJLxKing

Better to deal with the devil you know, blah blah blah...
That is true. They prefer AO as a wielder because he can be controlled and thus hidden. HOWEVER, it doesn't mean they can defeat him. If they can, they would have done it in the past, or now

quanchi112
I've been saying that before you were born son stick out tongue Prove it. I said it first in this thread.Originally posted by xJLxKing
Exactly that's my point. His body was bigger, his muscles were bigger. He capacity to hold more solar energy increased. He body as of now isn't really a man. His body is still in teens.

Are you seriously arguing that AO couldn't beat Hal? Hal was out of the fight. He lost all his power. He was almost Knocked out. That's why the guardians stepped in.

So what now you are changing you argument??

And where did I deny, or argue that Prime wouldn't beat AO if he comes in contact? I don't think you ever understand what I am arguing about. No, your point was he had the body of a man. His muscles were bigger and he was amped. That doesn't mean he is going to be that size in a few years. I cannot believe I am even arguing why they called him a man. This is one of the most ridiculous arguments I have been a part of.

I am saying that Larfleeze didn't actually beat him. I'm not saying he couldn't. Prime took care of Hal and friends like an afterthought and actually had to focus solely on Hal.

The guardians stepped in because their the guardians. They wouldn't put Hal before their goals. They let Ds have Raker despite his loyalty. You need to read up on the guardians they aren't as loyal as you think.

I never changed my argument. It's always been that the guardians didn't press larfleeze because they would rather deal with him than an unknown. The never acted like they couldn't beat him only that it was in their best intentions not to.

Another poster agreed with me and my argument never changed. You seriously don't grasp what you read.

I do, your arguing Prime never makes his way to Larfleeze which is completely ridiculous. Prime easily busts through his constructs and pwns him. They aren't that far apart. Reread the rules.

quanchi112
That is true. They prefer AO as a wielder because he can be controlled and thus hidden. HOWEVER, it doesn't mean they can defeat him. If they can, they would have done it in the past, or now It never suited them. They can't eliminate the greed so they let the winner stay as long as they got what they wanted. Larfleeze isn't the threat Prime was so there is no reason to try and wipe him out as someone else will wield the orange lantern.

xJLxKing
WTF is wrong with you? He always wanted to be acknowledged as SuperMAN and not a boy. When he finally got his muscle he wanted to prove he was a man. This is why mxy commented on his private park(I think), and that he isn't a man yet. You are putting the CR issue in this.

Do you not understand that Hal had a blue ring vs AO. That's almost like having a Kryptonite laser against Prime. Not only that, but Hal lost the fight. He had no more power from neither Blue or Green ring.

No, they can't take the lantern from AO. That's why they are negotiating with him. If they can defeat him, they would and then they would hid the lantern.

Again, i am not arguing that Prime can't make it to AO. I am arguing that HE WONT.

xJLxKing
It never suited them. They can't eliminate the greed so they let the winner stay as long as they got what they wanted. Larfleeze isn't the threat Prime was so there is no reason to try and wipe him out as someone else will wield the orange lantern.
Someone else? Who? You do know they can hide the lantern? They CAN'T even defeat his most simply construct and you think they can defeat AO himself?

theICONiac
Prove it. I said it first in this thread.

Prove it?

I was born in 1975. I am OLDER.

quanchi112
WTF is wrong with you? He always wanted to be acknowledged as SuperMAN and not a boy. When he finally got his muscle he wanted to prove he was a man. This is why mxy commented on his private park(I think), and that he isn't a man yet. You are putting the CR issue in this.

Do you not understand that Hal had a blue ring vs AO. That's almost like having a Kryptonite laser against Prime. Not only that, but Hal lost the fight. He had no more power from neither Blue or Green ring.

No, they can't take the lantern from AO. That's why they are negotiating with him. If they can defeat him, they would and then they would hid the lantern.

Again, i am not arguing that Prime can't make it to AO. I am arguing that HE WONT. Him wanting to be known as a man has nothing to do with him actually being a man. His muscles were bigger that's all. Prime wouldn't have this build in a few years. Only with an amp.

Hal wasn't beaten into submission he was fine when the guardians showed up. That's the point. I mean you can't even interpret simple statements and are wrong on every little minute issue.

When do they ever state they don't attack him because they cannot defeat him? When? Are you seriously acting like Larfleeze is greater than the entire green lantern corps and all of the guardians? Are you serious? I put up the scan owning you and random posters are saying you're wrong and you mistakenly say I changed my argument. You can't even follow along with a simple debate without being confused.

Why won't he? If it's the goal o fPrime to beat him/kill him why won't he engage him? You don't even seem to understand the point of vs matchups.

quanchi112
Someone else? Who? You do know they can hide the lantern? They CAN'T even defeat his most simply construct and you think they can defeat AO himself? Did you read the scan? Someone else will eventually get the lantern. That's the point they weren't referring to anyone specifically, but the unknown variable. He was the known variable. I am explaining things that anyone can comprehend when reading the scan except for you.

Yes, they can imo. The guy was charging up and conserving his energy. The guardians told him not to waste it as someone else would wield it and they would rather it be him.

quanchi112
Prove it?

I was born in 1975. I am OLDER. That doesn't mean you said it first. I also said in first in this thread.

Allankles
Someone else? Who? You do know they can hide the lantern? They CAN'T even defeat his most simply construct and you think they can defeat AO himself?

They can take out AO but the losses they'd suffer wouldn't justify the ends, they have another more immediate threat to face. Also, AO isn't beyond finding compromises.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Allankles
They can take out AO but the losses they'd suffer wouldn't justify the ends, they have another more immediate threat to face. Also, AO isn't beyond finding compromises.
Just out of curiosity...how would they? They couldn't take him out the first time they encountered each other. That's without AO even trying to fight them.

You are twisting what actually happened.. He threatened them. There ace card was just defeated. They have nothing else to engage him with. Why do you think the allowed him to attack the Blue Corps.

Guardian Amp and Superman(current) have just about the same body structure. Guardian Amp Superboy is how Superboy would most likely look like if he was old.

Lol, he was not fine. His power ring was at 0.00% And his blue ring left his finger. He was powerless. He was just a man!!

Just please show me where they guardians were winning. I never said that AO can defeat the entire corps, but he'd give them a decent fight. (without hal in it).

That's my opinion. I don't see Prime engaging AO at all. Did you even read my first post. Or did you just post random crap to get into an argument?? I suggest you read it!

quanchi112
No, everyone else sees what happened on the scan except for you jlking. It wasn't in their best interests to defeat him. Point blank.

Where was this ever stated? It's him with an amp not him 7 years down the road.

Yes, healthwise he was fine. I never said he could defeat Larfleeze, but Larfleeze had to focus on him solely dropping his other constructs.

They never attempted to defeat Larfleeze. Like I said only a fool would take it as if they couldn't when they have never really tried to kill him.

In these vs threads they try to kill each other. Prime does it all the time. He flies at the speed of light and rapes him in close quarters.

Prime wins.

theICONiac
That doesn't mean you said it first. I also said in first in this thread.

emot-vsuicide

-Pr-
What are you guys even arguing about? pr1983

theICONiac
Originally posted by -Pr-
What are you guys even arguing about? pr1983

Who is older.

I WIN!! BOO-YAH!

-Pr-
Who is older.

I WIN!! BOO-YAH!

1975? thats as old as bada, iirc.

xJLxKing
I never argued that!! I just said that even if they want to defeat him, they can't.

Some things don't have to be stated. He obviously had a body of a man.

Again, lets restart this! Hal had 2 rings. One that kept charging his ring to 200% and another which couldn't be absorbed. That is why he had a focus on Hal. Never the less, he defeated him with one construct while fending off the guardian and the rest of the lanterns.

Funny, I don't see him doing that. Nope not one bit. Any ways, you obviously didn't read my first post. You just wanted to pick a fight.

theICONiac
1975? thats as old as bada, iirc.

I know, I know...I was born in the 70's.

Only 2 good things ever came out of the 70's:

Star Wars and the ICON big grin

-Pr-

Star Wars and the ICON big grin

don't forget Queen. uhuh

theICONiac
don't forget Queen. uhuh

Um, yeah...

Like I said, me and Star Wars eek!

-Pr-
Um, yeah...

Like I said, me and Star Wars eek!

uhuh

theICONiac
uhuh

All right, all right...

Also add the Iranian Revolution drylaugh

quanchi112
emot-vsuicide I was also born in the seventies. I never said I was older only I that I get credit for that statement. I was also kidding, brah.

quanchi112
I never argued that!! I just said that even if they want to defeat him, they can't.

Some things don't have to be stated. He obviously had a body of a man.

Again, lets restart this! Hal had 2 rings. One that kept charging his ring to 200% and another which couldn't be absorbed. That is why he had a focus on Hal. Never the less, he defeated him with one construct while fending off the guardian and the rest of the lanterns.

Funny, I don't see him doing that. Nope not one bit. Any ways, you obviously didn't read my first post. You just wanted to pick a fight. Their is no proof whatsoever they can't. You just say things you can't back up.

He also called himself superman when he ripped open the Monarch's armor completely destroying your argument. The only reason he was referred to as man like I said was due to the lawsuit.

Hal used up his blue ring. That's what pretty much defeated him. I never said he could defeat Larfleeze but that with one blue ring and one green one Larfleeze had to drop his guard and focus completely on him. You have the gall to say all of the guardians can't defeat this guy....based on what? Seriously.

You don't seem him engaging Larfleeze. Why do you even respond if you want to pretend prime just fights everything larfleeze puts up except him. That's one of the worst debating tactics I have ever seen.

quanchi112

Star Wars and the ICON big grin And alien and michael myers.

xJLxKing
Go ahead and make a thread. Guardians vs AO. They had 2 encounters so far. The first time, they HAD to make a negotiation and they even gave him an entire sector of the galaxy(or solar system not sure). That's because they could find a way to beat him. Heck he wasn't even trying to fight them at that time.

The second time they fought, they brought Green Lanterns with them. They were losing!!! However, they had 2 ace cards. 1) Hal with Blue Ring, and 2) Another Lantern who saved John.

Hal's Blue ring kept their rings gully charge. This is why Hal was able to create an army to fight AO's army. Without the blue ring, Hal wouldn't have the ability to do so. It took Hal blue power blast from his green ring and blue ring to take down on construct that neither of the guardian or lantern could harm. After that, AO says that his lantern is still full of power. The Guardians cant do nothing to stop it

Again, you are missing the point. I am not saying that I view Prime as a man because he was called SuperMAN. He viewed himself as SuperMAN because of those muscles.

Again, you are missing the points. AO wasn't able to absorb the ring's power. Also, AO still had about 7800% of power left! AO wasn't even harmed, he could have just created another construct to fight and finish Hal. Again, a blue ring and Green ring recharge each other. Not only that, but a blue ring is the weakness to the orange ring. Do you not comprehend that??

Like I said that's what I believe Prime would do. He has so much power but he rarely uses it correctly. Also, it seems you still didn't read my first post. I already explained my self. I said that Prime would win if he goes straight for AO, but I don't see him doing that. That's all.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>