New Sci-Fi/Fantasy shortmovie by me/Polar Films

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bluesteel
Well well well looks like another year has passed and Polar Films has made another shortmovie, this time it's a sci-fi/fantasy movie.

Our primary goal was simple. "Make the best looking faroese movie to date", and we think we managed to do that.

The faroese movie scene is pretty dead, well infact it hasint been born yet. there have been a couple of full feature lenght movies(like no more then 10 over the last 40 years) made but they are rubbish to say the least. so for now the main focus is on shortmovies, most of who have been made by young people, and some by the "professionals"

Well me and my friend thought we ought to give it a go this year. We have been mostly doing stuff for the shortmovie competitions but they tend to restrict people from showing their full potentioal. like stick to a certain theme, keep under 5 mins, don't include a gun or any weapon etc. etc.

We have now refused to join the competition and rather just make our own movie. The movie we have made is a sci-fi/fantasy movie but it's an experimental movie aswell, we wanted to see how good we could make a movie look if we used the same time as the folks at the movie school (2 weeks) the movies they made were shown at a theater and it wasint pretty. So we set a goal "Lets make the best looking faroese movie to date" and lets use 2 weeks only on it and lets do it as a 2 man project with a little help from friends. The technical aspect of the movie was our main priority but we did try to make the best out of everything, acting/story etc. and so far I think we have managed to fullfill our goal.

anyway I wont waste any more of your time I will let you judge by yourself of what you think.

Since this is only the first part out of 4 (shortmovie miniseries) please bare in mind that there will be some unanswered questions, this was a 2 man project done in 2 weeks time so there might be a rough edge here and there, but overall we are very happy with it.

Constructive critizism would be great big grin'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKDDfhEklN4&fmt=22

English subtitles are included

And yes I know there is a spelling error at the end, but we cannot be bothered to render and upload it again.

Andres Jacobsen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.