Djem So - Soresu + Juyo = Vaapad?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Anakin4Ever
I just came up with this formula for Vaapad and I wanted to hear what you guys though of it.

Djem So - Soresu + Juyo = Vaapad

The way I see it is Vaapad combines the ferocity of Juyo with the raw power of Djem So without the defense Djem So has.

Bonus: Does Vaapad focus on powerful strikes like Djem So does? Like if Anakin Skywalker used Vaapad in ROTS, would it be as physically powerful as Djem So with added fatality? confused

Eminence
no expression

mattatom
He wouldn't be able to use Vapaad as it's a form which skirts the edge of the DS and he'd end up like Mace's apprentice and let vapaad control him.

Advent
I think you mean he wouldn't have been taught Vaapad for that purpose. As anyone can use it. Anakin would fall to the dark side though, that's a certainty. Vaapad "controlling" the user just means that the dark side enveloped them, they should still retain a complete mastery of the technical aspect of the form (assuming, like in Bulq's case, they mastered such).

Originally posted by Anakin4Ever
Bonus: Does Vaapad focus on powerful strikes like Djem So does? Like if Anakin Skywalker used Vaapad in ROTS, would it be as physically powerful as Djem So with added fatality? confused

Likely. It's stated to use "bold, direct" attacks, which sounds more of an emphasis on powerful strikes (obviously since it's composed from Djem So).

mattatom
Originally posted by Advent
I think you mean he wouldn't have been taught Vaapad for that purpose. As anyone can use it. Anakin would fall to the dark side though, that's a certainty. Vaapad "controlling" the user just means that the dark side enveloped them, they should still retain a complete mastery of the technical aspect of the form (assuming, like in Bulq's case, they mastered such).

Likely. It's stated to use "bold, direct" attacks, which sounds more of an emphasis on powerful strikes (obviously since it's composed from Djem So).
Thats what I meant Advent, thanks for clearing that up, I just phrased it incredibly badly.

Darth Truculent
Anakin easily masters Djem So (known canon) and Soresu. Juyo no way way because very few have mastered Juyo and Vaapad is a variation of Juyo. And Vaapad is even harder to master than Juyo. So no, Anakin better stick to Djem So.

Anakin4Ever
I know Anakin never mastered Juyo, I was just asking if Vaapad had powerful strikes like Djem So and ferocious and wild movements like Juyo.

Darth Truculent
Djem So is pure power. Juyo is similar to the Shaolin and Wushu martial arts.

Lord Lucien
From Wookiee.

Jedi battlemaster Cin Drallig listed bold, direct motions as characteristics of Juyo, qualifying them as more open and kinetic than Form V, but with a less elaborate appearance than Ataru. Drallig contrasted the tactics of Juyo as not nearly as graceful or linked as those of Ataru, instead referring to them as "seemingly unconnected staccato sequences." He also listed one of the strengths of the form as its unpredictability. The form was said to necessitate greater energy than Form V, due to a broader wielding of a user's focus and a deeper emotional link. Despite the challenges inherent in the use of the form, it could serve as a pathway to considerable power.

Anakin4Ever
I wonder if Vaapad is similar to Juyo.

mattatom
Originally posted by Anakin4Ever
I wonder if Vaapad is similar to Juyo.
Vaapad was developed from Juyo. -.-'

Captain REX
Indeed, Juyo is the basis for Vaapad. So... yeah. They are similar. Djem So and Soresu have nothing to do with Vaapad in the least other than the need for a lightsaber to perform any of them.

mattatom
Originally posted by Captain REX
Indeed, Juyo is the basis for Vaapad. So... yeah. They are similar. Djem So and Soresu have nothing to do with Vaapad in the least other than the need for a lightsaber to perform any of them.
Then Mace showed us in Shatterpoint he uses Vaapad without a saber in a fistfight, where he punches a guy a "dozen times before he can blink" Something along those lines.

Darth Storm

it says in wikipeedia that all forms can be used without lightsabers

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Darth Storm
it says in wikipeedia that all forms can be used without lightsabers That's right. Even when you're playing sports, so long as you're on the defensive you're applying Soresu. Or whenever people dance---using Makashi. Whenever someone has a violent seizure full of sporadic and erratic twitching---Juyo.

Red Nemesis
lawl

Anakin4Ever

I've seen Vaapad and it looks a lot like the offensive aspects of Djem So. I said Djem So - SORESUE + Juyo = Vaapad, noting that Soresu has nothing to do with Vaapad, but Djem So does.

Incanus
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
That's right. Even when you're playing sports, so long as you're on the defensive you're applying Soresu. Or whenever people dance---using Makashi. Whenever someone has a violent seizure full of sporadic and erratic twitching---Juyo. Lol

mattatom
Afraid to say Lucien I've QFP that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.