Planet Hulk animated movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Nuul
http://www.superherohype.com/news/hulknews.php?id=8573

The new trailer for the animated Planet Hulk debuted during Friday's Marvel Animation panel and you can now watch it online using the player below. Based on Greg Pak's "Incredible Hulk" issues #92 and #105, the film hits Blu-ray and DVD in February of 2010.

Maybe WWH after?

-Pr-
Originally posted by The Nuul
http://www.superherohype.com/news/hulknews.php?id=8573

The new trailer for the animated Planet Hulk debuted during Friday's Marvel Animation panel and you can now watch it online using the player below. Based on Greg Pak's "Incredible Hulk" issues #92 and #105, the film hits Blu-ray and DVD in February of 2010.

Maybe WWH after?

looks great thumb up

Badabing
Can't wait.

Alpha Centauri
The voices sound like crap.

-AC

jalek moye
I hope they keep the Surfer fight in there

BruceSkywalker
i'll buy this

chomperx9
they made hulk look kinda whimpy compared to the hulk in hulk vs wolverine and thor video

PRAYERRUN
Sounds cool!!

Wolfie
This is great! This is exactly what the comic industry needs to attract new readers that aren't aware of the great stories out there.

I'm crossing my fingers for next WWH, House of M, Civil War, and Messiah Complex.

beast1234
can't wait

SnakeEyes
I'd rather just, you know, read the comic.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Wolfie
This is great! This is exactly what the comic industry needs to attract new readers that aren't aware of the great stories out there.

I'm crossing my fingers for next WWH, House of M, Civil War, and Messiah Complex.

It doesn't NEED that.

People NEED to be less lazy. The comic industry is doing fine.

-AC

BUSTER1
Originally posted by chomperx9
they made hulk look kinda whimpy compared to the hulk in hulk vs wolverine and thor video

In canon 616 hulk was severely weakend at the begining of Planet Hulk

jalek moye
Originally posted by Wolfie

this really wont attarct new readers, just new fans of there animated films

vansonbee
If I had a dream come true, this would be part of it lolz!

Indestructible
HOW DID I KNOW! What did i say in my Whats up with marvel fourm? I said they were prob working on hulk again. They need to mix it up!

vansonbee
Maybe no plot mindless Hulk killing spree movie, I can see picture the money flowing now! (serious)

Wolfie
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
It doesn't NEED that.

People NEED to be less lazy. The comic industry is doing fine.
It's fine? Despite the fact that readership is going down.

Comic fans are growing up and "outgrowing" comic books. And they stories themselves are not appealing to kids as much as they used to. Go to a comic store, you'll see mostly adults in there. And those adults were captured when they were kids. So what happens when more adults "outgrow" comics and comics aren't capturing kids anymore. The industry eventually dies.

The comic industry is trying things to boost readership. Free Comic Book Day is one of them. Its flaw is its crappy promotion. So most of the people that go in for FCBD are the regular customers.

Marvel tried to capture younger audiences with its Ultimate series. They wanted to capture new readers by starting over with the major characters with a clean slate. All that really did was get the current readers to buy more comics.

As I said before, this is the next hope for the comic industry. Releasing a Planet Hulk DVD, including interviews about the comic it was based off of, will, if nothing else, add new light to comic books and show people that they're not just for kids anymore. It'll show people that comics have intriguing stories and aren't childish. It will hopefully then boost readership with people that are enjoying the comic book movies coming out but feel that they're too old for the comics themselves.

People need to be less lazy? Okay. Here's a new game plan:
- I'll go up to the comic industry and pitch them ten ideas to capture readers and get people into the comic stores. I'll help the comic book industry change for today's demographic to boost sales and keep it alive and kicking.
- You go up to every person in America and tell them to be less lazy.

The Nuul
Just saw this.....it wasnt bad.

When did Hulk fight BRB in Planet Hulk?

This was a not bad fight and so was Hulk vs Caiera.

Another way too short anime, def not worth the buy.

The Nuul
They used the small Gladiator story out of the bigger plot, I barely felt this was like Planet Hulk. They start the movie when you see a hologram of the Illuminati talking to the Hulk blah blah blah and they send him into space. Hulk breaks free...then the plot starts. I feel so ripped off because there so much more that was left out. Planet Hulk is a good story but the Hulk wanking is horrible.

Badabing
Just saw this.....it wasnt bad.

When did Hulk fight BRB in Planet Hulk?

This was a not bad fight and so was Hulk vs Caiera.

Another way too short anime, def not worth the buy. BRB was used instead of Silver Surfer for whatever reason.

The Nuul
What did you think of this?

jalek moye
Originally posted by Badabing
BRB was used instead of Silver Surfer for whatever reason.
lame, i wanted to see that

Badabing
What did you think of this? I liked it. Originally posted by jalek moye
lame, i wanted to see that You won't be disappointed with the new fight.

The Butcher
Looks meh,I'll wait for it to become free though.

Was it better than Hulk Vs. Thor/Wolverine?

Dreampanther
Originally posted by The Butcher
Looks meh,I'll wait for it to become free though.

Was it better than Hulk Vs. Thor/Wolverine?

Good idea - just saw it and I'm glad I didn't spend money on it.

I enjoyed Hulk vs Thor much more, with Hulk vs Wolverine second.

This is third by a very long distance...

jinXed by JaNx
I was never a fan of the Planet Hulk series but i always thought it could work well as an animated movie.

The movie was just ok for me. It's definitely worth watching but i agree with dream panther, i enjoyed Hulk VS Thor much more. As for Hulk Vs Wolverine, well i'm still out on that one...,i both hate it and like it lol. Planet Hulk had some cool fight sequences but again, i still think, like all of the other Marvel animated movies, this one would have benefited much with some mature writing.

Robtard
Enjoyable, but not great. Few things confused me, probably because I've never read the comics on this.

-Why didn't Hulk ever revert back into Banner?

-Why was Hulk more intelligent, talked more etc?

-Why was Hulk relatively weaker than other incarnations? Bleed a lot, less strength?

BruceSkywalker
as i've yet to watch this.. are the comics better or worse than this?

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Robtard
Enjoyable, but not great. Few things confused me, probably because I've never read the comics on this.

-Why didn't Hulk ever revert back into Banner?

-Why was Hulk more intelligent, talked more etc?

-Why was Hulk relatively weaker than other incarnations? Bleed a lot, less strength?

The comic books answer those questions I forget much about the Hulk but i remember after Betty died it became hard for Hulk to revert back to Banner. In some story lines Banner has control over Hulk, In others he can't change back. The Hulk has actually become very intelligent.

I actually have to admit that upon a second and third viewing i have come around to liking this movie quite a bit. I need to retract my original statement by saying that this movie would have benefited by more mature writing and that it's inferior to Hulk Vs Thor. It's actually quite deep and very well animated and edited. I really would have preferred that they just stuck to the comic story but i have been able to accept this movie for what it is. It's actually quite enjoyable and i think Marvels best effort yet in the animated department.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
as i've yet to watch this.. are the comics better or worse than this?

Comics are by far better. With that said, the movie is quite good in it's own right but i really wish they didn't change the ending.

Robtard
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
The comic books answer those questions I forget much about the Hulk but i remember after Betty died it became hard for Hulk to revert back to Banner. In some story lines Banner has control over Hulk, In others he can't change back. The Hulk has actually become very intelligent.

I actually have to admit that upon a second and third viewing i have come around to liking this movie quite a bit. I need to retract my original statement by saying that this movie would have benefited by more mature writing and that it's inferior to Hulk Vs Thor. It's actually quite deep and very well animated and edited. I really would have preferred that they just stuck to the comic story but i have been able to accept this movie for what it is. It's actually quite enjoyable and i think Marvels best effort yet in the animated department.

Thanks, I'll have to look further into it the PH and WWH comic lines.

I intend on watching it again, pick up things I missed, as I watched it late at night as was sleepy. I initially didn't care for Hulk vs Thor that much, but it has since grown on me with subsequent viewings.

kgkg
They changed a few things but it was great much better than the Hulk vs movies.

ankur29
it was actually quite a good movie and i do reccomend it
8/10

they used BRB cause they could not get license for SS or summin

-Pr-
have to say i really, really enjoyed this. good movie.

vansonbee
Animation was horrible compared to Hulk vs. Thor.

Overall, disappointment...

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Comics are by far better. With that said, the movie is quite good in it's own right but i really wish they didn't change the ending.

thanks, i'll give it a look

chomperx9
Originally posted by -Pr-
have to say i really, really enjoyed this. good movie. its already out ?

Badabing
its already out ? Yes, if you know where to look. biscuits

Robtard
Originally posted by vansonbee

I preferred it, Hulk Vs Thor was way too bright and candied, imo.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by vansonbee

Really? I thought Planet Hulk held a rather mature and beautiful style. Hulk Vs still had that Saturday morning cartoon feel.

-Pr-
i actually really liked the animation in Planet Hulk. It was a bit simplistic, maybe, but it really come through for me, especially during the fights...

chomperx9
i am so glad i didnt buy this. this movie is a horrible version of the hulk. they made him look like a whimp to many times. im guessing it was one of the disney writers that kept him from being to aggressive and distructive in the movie. i mean come on he was relaxed and on the ground twice in the dungeon and didnt even turn back to bruce. horrbile writers. he didnt even get stronger as well when ever he got hit. which ever version of hulk that was that was hulk at his weakest level thats for sure. they didnt even draw him that well.

yeah good job disney. NOT

Doctor-Alvis
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. Jinxed explained why he didn't change back into Banner, though it would have been nice if they explained it in the movie, and they explain why he's weaker in the movie.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. Jinxed explained why he didn't change back into Banner, though it would have been nice if they explained it in the movie, and they explain why he's weaker in the movie. still either way he looked like a whimp compared to any other hulk. even she hulk could have taken him out

Doctor-Alvis
still either way he looked like a whimp compared to any other hulk. even she hulk could have taken him out
Animated She Hulk would have probably been about as powerful as Korg.

chomperx9
Animated She Hulk would have probably been about as powerful as Korg. no ive seen animated she hulk do more damage and take harder hits than planet hulk.

Doctor-Alvis
no ive seen animated she hulk do more damage and take harder hits than planet hulk.
Animated She Hulk if she was in Planet Hulk. Also, he was supposed to be recovering from the wormhole. Honestly, it really couldn't be any other way. Otherwise what's going to stop him? When heroes get too powerful they get boring.

chomperx9
Animated She Hulk if she was in Planet Hulk. Also, he was supposed to be recovering from the wormhole. Honestly, it really couldn't be any other way. Otherwise what's going to stop him? When heroes get too powerful they get boring. they could have atleast made him strong enough to open the door the 1st time. that was sad. im a big fan of the hulk i know you are to thats why your backing him up and stuff but i hate to see my fav characters look like whimps. he wasnt class 100 strength in that animated movie which makes him look bad.

and it should not have taken him that long to recover. he has a healing factor twice as fast as wolverines and sabretooths put together.

jalek moye
they could have atleast made him strong enough to open the door the 1st time. that was sad. im a big fan of the hulk i know you are to thats why your backing him up and stuff but i hate to see my fav characters look like whimps. he wasnt class 100 strength in that animated movie which makes him look bad.

and it should not have taken him that long to recover. he has a healing factor twice as fast as wolverines and sabretooths put together.
The wormhole weakened him in the comics also. It also dropped Silver Surfer when he went through. The fact that Hulk was standing was good enough, the slave disc also was keeping him from fully accessing his power just like it did everyone else.

Doctor-Alvis
they could have atleast made him strong enough to open the door the 1st time. that was sad. im a big fan of the hulk i know you are to thats why your backing him up and stuff but i hate to see my fav characters look like whimps. he wasnt class 100 strength in that animated movie which makes him look bad.

Actually, I'm not that big of a fan of Hulk. I can't really relate to him on any level. If I was though, I would rather he be in a good story than just rolling over everything. That's boring and a waste. But, I liked the story and I thought he had some good showings within the context of the movie. Especially when his strength started returning.

StiltmanFTW
I enjoyed it. Kinda hoped there wouldn't be happy ending though. Oh well, I guess they're saving the best part for the WWH movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.