Emperor's Shadow Guard vs 3 Magna Guards

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bayhunter12
battle takes place on geonosis and everything goes.

Gideon
Inconclusive.

Magnaguards are able to take on Kenobi and Skywalker in Revenge of the Sith and provide moderate difficulty; yet a squad of them were unable to defeat neophyte Ahsoka Tano in single combat, despite the fact that they outnumbered her three-to-one and she had to expend her energy to safeguard the child of Rotta the Hutt while simultaneously fending them off.

Meanwhile, an Emperor's Shadow Guard apparently gave the prodigious Galen Marek a great deal of trouble if you believe the novelization and comic book.

The problem is that there are vast inconsistencies for both Magnaguards and Shadow Guards. And according to LFL official Chris Cerasi, published EU works are mere windows into the galaxy itself, and some windows are foggier than others.

We have no way to make heads or tails of what is and what is not canon.

So it's best that you just don't come here for a while. We need to get this sort out.

smile

bayhunter12
but shadow guards also have force powers like force lightning and force push.

Incanus
I dont think i ever saw them display lightning...... repulse and push, yeah.

bayhunter12
in the force unleashed game they displayed force lightning.

Nephthys
They did lightning in the book.

ares834
Originally posted by Nephthys
They did lightning in the book.
But according to Chris the window could be foggy... We can't be sure they can truly use lightning.

Incanus
Originally posted by Nephthys
They did lightning in the book. K thnx fro clarifying, been few weeks since i played.

bayhunter12
anyways, i think shadow guard takes this due to the fact they have force powers and one of them held there own against marek for a short time.

Nephthys
Foggy doesn't mean 'seeing something that completely isn't there'. The fact that Marek's and a shadow guards lightning collided and for several paragraphs they attempted to push the others back in incontestable. Whether it was as difficult for Galen to win as it was portrayed is not. Things can be blurred, or warped by a foggy window, but you won't see a shadow cross the pane without something to cast it.

Incanus
But Magnaguards( IG 100 series, grey colored) were able to hold their own against a jedi master and jedi knight, before being slaughtered. They were able to at least hold them for a few minutes, which i would consider impressive for droids.

ares834
Originally posted by Incanus
But Magnaguards( IG 100 series, grey colored) were able to hold their own against a jedi master and jedi knight, before being slaughtered. They were able to at least hold them for a few minutes, which i would consider impressive for droids.
True. But here is the problem in gauging there strength in the movies they are powerful... In the TV show they are easily being slaughtered by no name Jedi and brand new padawans. It makes no sense at all.

Eminence
Different models?

Incanus
Maybe. hey could be IG 99 or a different color..... In Lair of Grevious there were grey colored, but they were fought by a knight (who just became one) that could have already fallen to the dark side(doubted but words suggested it to me) nad a jedi master, Kit Fisto, a very good swordsman. (He was with the ones who tried to arrest Palpatine, right? the green guy with tentacle on his head, green saber that works underwater......)

bayhunter12
yes. grey model is by far the most elite and is very rare.

Incanus
Yeah, as they were the ones on the Invisible Hand (that was the name, right?)

ares834
Originally posted by bayhunter12
yes. grey model is by far the most elite and is very rare.
Most elite. blink

They were being destroyed by Nahdar...

bayhunter12
yep. they are reliable due to the fact they can keep fighting after being decapitated. and if you need information to back up that they grey model is the most elite just check Star Wars The Complete visual dictionary.

ares834
yep. they are reliable due to the fact they can keep fighting after being decapitated.
Oh, you were talking about the ones on the Invisible Hand...

Incanus
Originally posted by ares834
Most elite. blink

They were being destroyed by Nahdar... He also only killed 2 or so. He cut through their central core, the glowing orange thing. I never got that feature...........

Hewhoknowsall
Why would they make it glowing orange? That's kinda obvious.

bayhunter12
yes, the ones on the invisable hand are by far the best. But i still don't think they can beat a shadow guard.

ares834
He also only killed 2 or so. He cut through their central core, the glowing orange thing. I never got that feature...........
There were at least three he killed. Possibly five. Anakin and Kenobi two of the greatest Jedi ever had a hard time with a single Magnaguard.

Nephthys
Maybe this is that foggy window thing. The ones on the hand might well have been complete losers, like they're kin, they still lost.

bayhunter12
yes, but neither jedi had force lightning. which a shadow guard could use to just short circut them.

Incanus
I hate that cartoon, they make all the guys that pwned in the movies, get pwned by Ahsoka, the one who cant shut up and actually do stuff. SHE EVEN HAD A TANTRUM THING IN 1 EPISODE!!!!!

bayhunter12
i despise ashoka, her skills are way overated.

Incanus
Yeah, a padawan should have been slaughtered by those Magnaguards........

bayhunter12
and slaughtered by grevious.

Slash_KMC
i despise ashoka, her skills are way overated.

Fisto his skills are too.

Incanus
Nah, Fisto i can believe being a good swordsman and taking on Grevious. Even fighting Magnaguards and the like.

bayhunter12
yep, anyway the shadow guard wins after about 10 minutes.

Incanus
Nah, Magnaguards do the things they did with Kenobi and Skywalker, they get behind surround him, then proceed to fight. All the while acting like complete and utter fools because they are eating pie while doing it. I hate Magnaguards now, just annoying to have when padawans kill them. I could belive padawan Revan, Malak maybe, Bastila, or people like them, strong in the force, maybe even padawan Skywalker killing one or two, but not 100 in 1 series.

bayhunter12
but with the shadow guard wielding force lightning, force push, and force repulse.he wins .

Incanus
Not exactly. The grey ones were ment to have skills relative to a jedi. I think, but anyways, Shadowguards are assassins, not actualy fighter. Magnaguards are ment to see very heavy fighting. The grey ones were made especially for the Clone Wars i think, as bodyguards to the most important people.

bayhunter12
yes, shadow guards were highly trained and the most skilled assains of their time.but they were also great close combat fighters do to the fact they were also trained to protect the emperor. plus they have really strong armor. and some of them held their own against galen marek for a short time.

Incanus
Short being the keyword. I would say, 5 minutes alone, 15 minutes you you count all the shadowtroopers they threw at him. I think Kenobi and Skywalker could kill Marek, though he is an overpowered wampa.

bayhunter12
agreed, but if there were two shadow troopers this match is over pretty quick.

Incanus
Yes, but there arnt. So i stand by my theory of the Magnaguards winning due to advantage of numbers and combat protocols.

bayhunter12
i stand by my theory because the shadow guard has extreme power with the force and decent skills with a saber. besides he could just short circut the magna guards with some force lightning.

Incanus
There is where you are wrong. Shadowguards are barely trained, they are ment to silently kill some1 then leave. You are also forgetting they wernt trained to fight force-users, only anyone with no ability to command it. Force-users in this era were uncommon, as you know, so they would not be used to hunt them. That was Vaders job. Magnaguards were made in the time that force-users were plentiful, and were programmed to fight and even kill some of them.

mattatom
There is where you are wrong. Shadowguards are barely trained, they are ment to silently kill some1 then leave. You are also forgetting they wernt trained to fight force-users, only anyone with no ability to command it. Force-users in this era were uncommon, as you know, so they would not be used to hunt them. That was Vaders job. Magnaguards were made in the time that force-users were plentiful, and were programmed to fight and even kill some of them. True, however I haven't seen one instance where a Magnaguard has slain a Jedi, even Tano, killed some, and she had barely built her saber by then.

Incanus
But Tano is made for little girls to say "Mommy! I want to be like her!" Otherwise Tano would be slaughtered by a single IG 100 grey Magnaguard. And i said most likely kill some, as in Padawans that arnt that powerful. Over the course of the war i would say at least 1 magnaguard had slain a jedi.

bayhunter12
yes, but magna guards wouldn't withstand force lightning which shadow guards were able to wield, they would short circut.

mattatom
But Tano is made for little girls to say "Mommy! I want to be like her!" Otherwise Tano would be slaughtered by a single IG 100 grey Magnaguard. And i said most likely kill some, as in Padawans that arnt that powerful. Over the course of the war i would say at least 1 magnaguard had slain a jedi.
She'd probably be killed by the Hutt she was carrying. CIS aside, the point is semi-valid.

Incanus
No one has said the material with which a Magnaguards outer casing was made of. They may not be conductors.

mattatom
No one has said the material with which a Magnaguards outer casing was made of. They may not be conductors. I was just looking that up, I can't find any source showing what it's made of, though there staves are ligtsaber resistant I wonder if they could catch the lightning on there?

bayhunter12
and just for the record shadow guards were highly trained. And the magna guards outer casing is made of duranium. that doesn't matter because its inner circurty is still vunreable in some spots.

Incanus
Idk. Looked up on shadow guards, they WERE sent to eliminate suspected jedi, but not 1 case has been recorded in which they actually succeeded. Vader ended up doing all the work. They were a cadre of soldiers in the Imperial Guard, founded and led by palpatine himself. They had a lightsaber pike along with a heavy blaster pistol. Magnaguards trained to fight jedi against guys that were trained to kill them but never actually succeeded. I would say it depends on the power and skill of the guard, then the Magnaguards chance can be formulated.

bayhunter12
but i'm not sure if duranium is a conductor or not.

Incanus
I dont think it is, as they possibly took into consideration that they may fight rogue dark jedi who knew lightning. Plo Koon could apparently do it, so they would have to be lightning proof to fight him.

mattatom
but i'm not sure if duranium is a conductor or not.
All i could find:
Duranium was a substance much stronger than either Transparisteel or Bronzium. It was extremely durable, light, and was capable of withstanding a glancing blow from a lightsaber; however, it also had a very high melting point, making it difficult to shape. It was however, fool proof against blasters and slugthrowers, only the continuous heat of a lightsaber able to melt through it.

Nothing about it being conductor or not.

Incanus
Hmmm, if it can take a glancing lightsaber shot, i would say it would be able to stop lightning with a full body suit, which the Magnaguards have.

bayhunter12
they're some openings in their armor.

Incanus
But the thing is, can the guard hit them with teir style of fighting, which is more of a twirling motion with their staff? He would have to strike at precisly the right time, or he would miss.

bayhunter12
yes, but force lightning would cosume the droids entire body. and once the lightning reaches the droids interior circurtry the magna guard is done for.

Incanus
The guard will electrocute 1 for a few minutes so it is down, because the lightning will have to utterly destroy all circuitry before the droid dies, and by that time the others will kill him.

bayhunter12
not necessisarily, if the shadow guard destroys one with lightning right from the beginning he has a chance. i figure he also destroys at least one magna guard with his saber pike.

Incanus
Yes, he kills at least 2 of the 3, but he will die with the 3rd. His pike will be in another Magnaguard, one lays smoking in a heaping pile, the other has its staff in his back.

bayhunter12
the shadow guard also has a very highly powerful blaster pistol with him which he could use to shoot the third magna guard if he still doesn't have his saber pike. plus i doubt the magna guards staff could penatrate the shadow guards armor. (mabeye after repeated strikes.)

Incanus
The duranium is blaster fool proof, and i sont think he is accurate enough to go throught he duranium to the central control or any of the small uncovered sectons. There is lightning on the end, he would be electrocuted.

bayhunter12
if the shadow guard can hit the magna guard's central processor it would destroy him. (and the central processor is unprotected.)

Incanus
I should say this: Their combat protocols were erased. Grevious himself trained them in all 7 forms of lightsaber combat. Shadow Guards only know 1, so the Magnaguards win through skill alone. Btw is this 100, 101, 102, or what? I need to know as i have discovered many other models....

bayhunter12
102, i think that's the best one made.

Incanus
No, there was and IG-179, but 102 and 101 were onboard the Invisible Hand. If so, Magnaguards win.

bayhunter12
yes, but the shadow guard is trained in the force by the emperor him self. and it's said the shadow guards armor offered very high protection against about anything.

Incanus
Icluding electricity? Shadow guards were not trained to be powerful, only the high ranking ones were actually able to pull of any impreesive force power. Hence said, Magnaguards utilizing all 7 forms vs 1 guy using the force to a very limited degree and a saber pike Magnaguards win solely on numbers.

bayhunter12
all shadow guards were powerful. there were only about mabeye 20 in the entire empire.

Lord Lucien
all shadow guards were powerful. there were only about mabeye 20 in the entire empire. Where'd you get this number from?

Incanus
There was an entire cadre of them, small as it was, 20 doesnt makie a cadre. Remember also how Magnaguards utilize Ataru in thir fighting, meaning they, with hydraulic jumping, jump around alot. I think it would be hard to hit them. Delta Squad used explosives to kill them. Or blasters, but they were uber clones that pwned spider droids. They could take a Shadow Guard, and i repeat:Numebers bring down the Shadow Guard.

bayhunter12
perhaps, but the shadow guard doesn't go down easy. he detroys 2 magna guards at least.

Incanus
Yes. He reduces 1 to a heping pile of trash, the other has a central processor with a hole in it. The third walks away thinking: That idiot killed 2 others. Oh well, it wasnt me he killed heheheh i got him first.

mattatom
Yes. He reduces 1 to a heping pile of trash, the other has a central processor with a hole in it. The third walks away thinking: That idiot killed 2 others. Oh well, it wasnt me he killed heheheh i got him first.
Still results in the Magna Guard winning.

Incanus
Hey, I just realize i was on the winninng side for once smile happy dance
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Lord Lucien
Yes. Very good.

I'm still waiting for bayhunter to answer my question.

mattatom
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Yes. Very good.

I'm still waiting for bayhunter to answer my question.
Aye, I'm also interested.

DarthDaniel1001
Sgadow Guard. These guys are the most powerful Imperial Troops there are. The Grievous Bodyguards, as evidinced in the clone wars show, couldn't kill a Jedi Knight as lousy as Nedar.

mattatom
Originally posted by DarthDaniel1001
Sgadow Guard. These guys are the most powerful Imperial Troops there are. The Grievous Bodyguards, as evidinced in the clone wars show, couldn't kill a Jedi Knight as lousy as Nedar.
Wheres the evidence that The Shadowguards managed to kill any Jedi?

DarthDaniel1001
True, but is said that they are sent after suspected force-wielders and I've never seen Mangaguards kill any Jedi but please tell me if they have.

Lord Lucien
"suspected Force-wielders" doesn't really lend much credit to their reputation, really.

Incanus
Dude, the Magnaguards take this due to the fact of numbers, and they are ment to be able to protect Grevious from jedi, sadly we have to take the new series as canon, but that isnt canon image of the others. Maybe they were like, IG 2 or something, these are IG 102, that stalled a jedi master and a jedi knight (Kenobi and Skywalker) for several minutes.

bayhunter12
yes, but the shadow guard stalled a very strong sith for a few minutes.

Lord Lucien
yes, but the shadow guard stalled a very strong sith for a few minutes. Lol, "stalled" and "for a few minutes".

Incanus
And the Magnaguards stalled 2 very powerful jedi(A master Kenobi and Knight Skywalker) for a few minutes, even making them exert themselves. Marek didnt.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by ares834
True. But here is the problem in gauging there strength in the movies they are powerful... In the TV show they are easily being slaughtered by no name Jedi and brand new padawans. It makes no sense at all.

Beg your pardon, but there is an explanation.

Not all MagnaGuards are identical. They are designed to learn and adapt, so just like living fighters they get better with time and experience.

The ones destroyed "by name Jedi and brand new padawans" were newly built 'rookies' while the ones in the movies were veterans who had been in a lot of battles and had developed their skills.

Anyway, I'd say three of them can defeat a single Shadow Guard.

Red Nemesis
Gravity is an elaborate hoax; the government installs tractor beams to the soles of every child's feet at birth; why else do you think we have toes? They clearly don't match the rest of the unit and have a curious ability to TRACTOR BEAM OUR FEET TO THE GROUND!

Did you ever think about that?

Lord Lucien
Once, but then some guy in a balaclava beat me up and claimed I was violating international copyright laws.

Slash_KMC
Should I cut off anyone's feet. I'll do it for free.

Red Nemesis
Slash, that would cripple them, might allow gangrene to develop, would be intensely painful and might lead to fatal blood loss. You should know the risks of any operation before committing to a course of action. and the audience]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.