what would you do if you were bruce banner ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chomperx9
what would you do with yourself if you were Bruce banner ?

look for a cure

take some classes on staying calm 24/7

over doze on vikadin

accept that your the hulk and go get your revenge on some punks that you know of. and do other crazy stuff

or other ?

either way you would have to be movin allot cant stay in one place permanent. no Internet no cell phone calls or credit card payments cause the US military would be after you.

-Pr-
fck. shit. up.

seriously.

being the hulk would be awesome. except at the end of every episode when i walk down the highway by myself to the sound of the lonely man theme.

jalek moye
just work on getting it under control after I accept it

He already is able to somewhat control it

Symmetric Chaos
Murder and mayhem. The only reason I don't do it now is because someone would stop me.

Badabing
Really wouldn't change much for me...durhulk

xJLxKing
I would learn to control it even during the transformation (if it possible). After that, I would cause destruction and then transform into human form.

chomperx9
Originally posted by -Pr-
fck. shit. up.

seriously.

being the hulk would be awesome. except at the end of every episode when i walk down the highway by myself to the sound of the lonely man theme. if you do that all the time you cant be near any love ones or there lives would be at risk to.

-Pr-
Originally posted by chomperx9
if you do that all the time you cant be near any love ones or there lives would be at risk to.

half the time i wouldn't care, being the hulk and all...

chomperx9
id probably do suicide cause i know i couldnt trust myself with that much power. and i wouldnt wanna be responsible for anyones death or take a risk on hurting someone i love cause then i would have to live with it the rest of my life.

The Nuul
I would just smash stuff.

Symmetric Chaos
if you do that all the time you cant be near any love ones or there lives would be at risk to.

You assume a certain number of loved ones...

psycho gundam

look for a cure

over doze on vikadin

accept that your the hulk and go get your revenge on some punks that you know of. and do other crazy stuff

or other ?

either way you would have to be movin allot cant stay in one place permanent. no Internet no cell phone calls or credit card payments cause the US military would be after you. all banner, or anyone in his shoes needs to do is:

Originally posted by jalek moye
just work on getting it under control after I accept it

He already is able to somewhat control it instead of getting therapy to stave off his anger issues, he needs to become one with the hulk psychologically. it would stop him from outbursts and self hatred, he should be more like his cousin.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
You assume a certain number of loved ones... doesnt matter if its 1 or 100 you killing somone that you live and having to live with it the rest of your life wont be so good.

Symmetric Chaos
doesnt matter if its 1 or 100 you killing somone that you live and having to live with it the rest of your life wont be so good.

There's the whole "alternate personality of mindless rage" to fall back one.

Alpha Centauri
Unless I retained control of it when I changed and could change when I wanted, I'd look for a cure.

Anyone saying that it's awesome has clearly not grasped the message; it sucks.

Have any of you ever felt exiled by anyone in the SLIGHTEST way? Imagine being sent to another planet because your ALTER EGO is too dangerous to remain on this one, with everyone you love or care for.

Black people get persecuted for being black, you think you'd want a monstrous green behemoth inside you?

-AC

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Have any of you ever felt exiled by anyone in the SLIGHTEST way? Imagine being sent to another planet because your ALTER EGO is too dangerous to remain on this one, with everyone you love or care for.

Gotta say, launching me into space seems like a dick more. Sure would piss me off if someone tried that.

Black people get persecuted for being black, you think you'd want a monstrous green behemoth inside you?

Of course they wouldn't. The difference is that angry black guys get gunned down. Someone with the Hulk's powers, not so much.

Alpha Centauri
That's true.

Then there's all the bloody gays...

-AC

Doctor-Alvis
I'm already a pretty laid back guy. With the knowledge and peace of mind that I could transform into a stupidly powerful punch monster when I'm in trouble, I may never transform.

peejayd

look for a cure

over doze on vikadin

or other ?

either way you would have to be movin allot cant stay in one place permanent. no Internet no cell phone calls or credit card payments cause the US military would be after you.

* attend Dr. Love's anger management classes, with Adam Sandler, of course... smile

kgkg
The answer will depend if I was in the Marvel Universe as the Hulk or on "real world"
Finding a cure or better yet ability to control or remove the hulk's savage persona would probably be be my number one priority.

Wei Phoenix
id probably do suicide cause i know i couldnt trust myself with that much power. and i wouldnt wanna be responsible for anyones death or take a risk on hurting someone i love cause then i would have to live with it the rest of my life.

Banner tried that and failed.

Gotta say, launching me into space seems like a dick more. Sure would piss me off if someone tried that.

Of course they wouldn't. The difference is that angry black guys get gunned down. Someone with the Hulk's powers, not so much.

Actually calm black guys get gunned down as well.

Doctor-Alvis
One advantage I can think of with the Hulk alter ego is when you become enraged at the bike levels of Battletoads you can use your Hulky eye-hand coordination to ace them.

chomperx9
Originally posted by kgkg
The answer will depend if I was in the Marvel Universe as the Hulk or on "real world"
Finding a cure or better yet ability to control or remove the hulk's savage persona would probably be be my number one priority. real world

chomperx9
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Banner tried that and failed.

Actually calm black guys get gunned down as well. atleast they dont have to pay taxes we do

Symmetric Chaos
calm black guys

laughing out loud

Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
I'm already a pretty laid back guy. With the knowledge and peace of mind that I could transform into a stupidly powerful punch monster when I'm in trouble, I may never transform.

Which raises the question. Did Banner ever consider just getting his hands on some marijuana?

Doctor-Alvis
Which raises the question. Did Banner ever consider just getting his hands on some marijuana?
Yeah, I w - HEEEEYYYY! What are you implying!?

SevenShackles
i really dont have the issues banner has with himself and his life =/ if anything id be more like the gray hulk and get a job at Vegas.

and if anything id goto canada and take over/destroy everything. whichever happens first really.

Wei Phoenix
atleast they dont have to pay taxes we do

You think black people don't try have to pay taxes?

chomperx9
You think black people don't try have to pay taxes? you dont get it

-Pr-
Unless I retained control of it when I changed and could change when I wanted, I'd look for a cure.

Anyone saying that it's awesome has clearly not grasped the message; it sucks.

-AC

you're forgetting one thing. being hulk means i wouldn't have to care anymore. i'm a ten foot tall green behemoth. aint nobody on this planet for me.

chomperx9
you're forgetting one thing. being hulk means i wouldn't have to care anymore. i'm a ten foot tall green behemoth. aint nobody on this planet for me. but your not the hulk 24/7. after you settle down you turn back to regular old self. my question was what you do in the real world not in the marvel universe.

tjcoady
I've never been angry before in my life. I wouldn't mind being Bruce Banner at all.

-Pr-
but your not the hulk 24/7. after you settle down you turn back to regular old self. my question was what you do in the real world not in the marvel universe.

real world? wreck and conquer it. i'm not going to get in to a relationship with anyone if at the slightest bit of aggravation i could turn in to a huge monster. being banner is only great until someone does something stupid or i stub my toe on a nearby table leg. then all hell breaks loose.

willRules
You think black people don't try have to pay taxes?

laughing What the???

steverules_2
Didn't hulk stop Bruce from killing himself? Like when he tried he suddenly became the hulk...

willRules
Originally posted by steverules_2
Didn't hulk stop Bruce from killing himself? Like when he tried he suddenly became the hulk...

Yeah but if "Hulk: The End" is anything to go by, he ends up killing Bruce anyway....

steverules_2
I dunno how he kills Bruce since I haven't read it...I doubt 'The end' storys are 616 though, least I don't consider them to be erm

Kris Blaze
I'd probably run away from civilization until I get it under control. If I haven't been able to gain control after like...a year... I would lose my patience and probably go with mayhem.

jalek moye
but your not the hulk 24/7. after you settle down you turn back to regular old self. my question was what you do in the real world not in the marvel universe.
Like I said he's actually capable of fully controlly the hulk since all it is his pent up rage. he has before if he accepts and works on becoming one he will be under full control, someone with less issues might always be.

steverules_2
I dunno if Hulk is something that Banner can control

roughrider
I dunno if Hulk is something that Banner can control

Only when he's been Grey Hulk, Professor Hulk & Hulk with Banner's brain, has Hulk had the temperament not to go on destructive rampages. The only thing that saves Banner's conscience is that Hulk doesn't target innocent people when he fights (but they are inadvertently put in danger by him.)

janus77
Banner almost always has some degree of control over whatever Hulk personality emerges. he can, in extreme circumstances even shut it all down (or severely retard it for a while - like at the end of WWH and the emergance of WorldBreaker Hulk).

given that Banner is not the only Intelligent persona in there, that others too have his genius IQ and self control (Professor Hulk or King Hulk, for instance), I'd just accept it and try and develop it, tap into that power source in other ways, with technology to transfer it into storable energy (infinte energy anyone?).

could also blow-up the universe whilst ****ing with it though no expression

anyway, I wouldn't be the slightest bit anxious, that's for certain. Hulk never killed anyone, unless he was under the influence of or control of someone else.

jalek moye
Originally posted by janus77
Banner almost always has some degree of control over whatever Hulk personality emerges. he can, in extreme circumstances even shut it all down (or severely retard it for a while - like at the end of WWH and the emergance of WorldBreaker Hulk).

given that Banner is not the only Intelligent persona in there, that others too have his genius IQ and self control (Professor Hulk or King Hulk, for instance), I'd just accept it and try and develop it, tap into that power source in other ways, with technology to transfer it into storable energy (infinte energy anyone?).

could also blow-up the universe whilst ****ing with it though no expression

anyway, I wouldn't be the slightest bit anxious, that's for certain. Hulk never killed anyone, unless he was under the influence of or control of someone else.

well he ahs tried to kill people before. and indirectly killed alot

and king hulk is banner though, which is why they can go back and forth its the one he accepted.

janus77
as far as Marvel are now concerned, Hulk has never tried to kill innocent people and has never actually put people in harms way (Bruce calculates all the trajectories and probablities that Hulk brings into being, when on a rampage), so again, no worries... it's like Superman stressing about getting a case of super-flatulance in Earth atmosphere.

and yep, Banner is King Hulk but, so is Hulk. all that proved was that Banner lived in serious denial about the nature of the beast. he wanted to believe that he was not capable of exerting control over it, probably because he enjoyed the license to be "mindless" (he wasn't truly mindless, of course, he always limited the Hulk's collateral impact).

seriously though, I'd really want to explore the possibilities of tapping into his "extra-dimensional" energies... a whole other universe, see if it can be travelled to, see what else lies in there... it could be that he is the god of that universe, a mindless entity, dormant within its own universe but active and conscious (though ignorant of its true original universe) in a whole other univers (MU 616).

steverules_2
Originally posted by roughrider
Only when he's been Grey Hulk, Professor Hulk & Hulk with Banner's brain, has Hulk had the temperament not to go on destructive rampages. The only thing that saves Banner's conscience is that Hulk doesn't target innocent people when he fights (but they are inadvertently put in danger by him.)

Grey Hulk hasn't been around since...the 90's?

chomperx9
real world? wreck and conquer it. i'm not going to get in to a relationship with anyone if at the slightest bit of aggravation i could turn in to a huge monster. being banner is only great until someone does something stupid or i stub my toe on a nearby table leg. then all hell breaks loose. exactly your gonna get pissed off sooner or later. you lost a bet or your hunny ditched you or rent has gone way up anything. and not just angryness as well can turn you into the hulk. if you get to excited as well. your heart rate can only go to a certain level. so no mush mush in bed cause you you saw what happened to banner in the movie.

jalek moye
Originally posted by janus77
as far as Marvel are now concerned, Hulk has never tried to kill innocent people and has never actually put people in harms way (Bruce calculates all the trajectories and probablities that Hulk brings into being, when on a rampage), so again, no worries... it's like Superman stressing about getting a case of super-flatulance in Earth atmosphere.

and yep, Banner is King Hulk but, so is Hulk. all that proved was that Banner lived in serious denial about the nature of the beast. he wanted to believe that he was not capable of exerting control over it, probably because he enjoyed the license to be "mindless" (he wasn't truly mindless, of course, he always limited the Hulk's collateral impact).

seriously though, I'd really want to explore the possibilities of tapping into his "extra-dimensional" energies... a whole other universe, see if it can be travelled to, see what else lies in there... it could be that he is the god of that universe, a mindless entity, dormant within its own universe but active and conscious (though ignorant of its true original universe) in a whole other univers (MU 616).
yea not innocent people but he has attempted to kill a certain clawed midget on numerous occasions. And a few others who fight him.

And yup If Banner wants he is in complete control and I wish once he realized that it would have stayed instead of going back to status quo.

So i would love being him, and pretty sure that after a while I'd come to terms and master it.

chomperx9
yea not innocent people but he has attempted to kill a certain clawed midget on numerous occasions. And a few others who fight him.

And yup If Banner wants he is in complete control and I wish once he realized that it would have stayed instead of going back to status quo.

So i would love being him, and pretty sure that after a while I'd come to terms and master it. none of you are understanding the question forget about marvel universe hulk and what bruce banner has already done before in the comics or movies. pretend we just made up the hulk today but still follows the same story line cant get to upset or excited in any way. and what would you do with yourself in real life if you had that power ?

jalek moye
do whatever I wanted to, there not much to worry about Even in the orignal Banner had a slight degree of control. You wouldnt hulk out and attack random people, depending on what happens I can help the government everynow and then but pretty much just live life accepting what I am.

chomperx9
do whatever I wanted to, there not much to worry about Even in the orignal Banner had a slight degree of control. You wouldnt hulk out and attack random people, depending on what happens I can help the government everynow and then but pretty much just live life accepting what I am. help the government ? that would be to risky. you dont know if you would be able to control yourself or not and they are not gonna accept you to help out in any way they are just gonna look at you as a monster.

jalek moye
help the government ? that would be to risky. you dont know if you would be able to control yourself or not and they are not gonna accept you to help out in any way they are just gonna look at you as a monster.
no they will not, they would look at me as the perfect weapon and would love me on there side.

chomperx9
no they will not, they would look at me as the perfect weapon and would love me on there side. you would still be considered a threat.

jalek moye
Not if i'm on there side, unless its something i'm extremly against i'd probbly work for them. They would make sure i'm extremly well off

willRules
I dunno how he kills Bruce since I haven't read it...I doubt 'The end' storys are 616 though, least I don't consider them to be erm

They're not mainstream, they're just possible futures. The End stories can't be cannon because they often contradict each other. For example, in Punisher: The End, Frank Castle kills every remaining person on the planet after a worldwide disaster and then kills himself. However in (the brilliantly written) Fantastic Four: The End, most heroes are still alive and kicking by the end.

PRAYERRUN
I'd probably do exactly what Banner has been doing for years...the first three things that are listed. If it didn't get better within a week, though, I'd probably have my buddy, Reed Richards find me a planet where I would actually fit in whether I was in Hulk form or not. (suicide is never the answer.)

chomperx9
Originally posted by PRAYERRUN
I'd probably do exactly what Banner has been doing for years...the first three things that are listed. If it didn't get better within a week, though, I'd probably have my buddy, Reed Richards find me a planet where I would actually fit in whether I was in Hulk form or not. (suicide is never the answer.) theres no reed richards in real life. you dont understand the question as well. its a question of what you would do in real life today if you turned in to the hulk when u got upset. which means no marvel universe life or nothing. and if you got angry and turned into the hulk just one time the US military would see that you would have to be destroyed.

Mindship
Hunt terrorists, making a mess out of some countries' armies in the process. Pay Iran's and N Korea's presidents a visit. Clear traffic in New York.

roughrider
Originally posted by Mindship
Hunt terrorists, making a mess out of some countries' armies in the process. Pay Iran's and N Korea's presidents a visit. Clear traffic in New York.

So get on the path to eventually become the Maestro?

jalek moye
US military would see that you would have to be destroyed.

Trust me the US military would want you to be with them, be there big gun. Why destroy what you can use

PRAYERRUN
theres no reed richards in real life. you dont understand the question as well. its a question of what you would do in real life today if you turned in to the hulk when u got upset. which means no marvel universe life or nothing. and if you got angry and turned into the hulk just one time the US military would see that you would have to be destroyed.

In that case, I'd go to Iraq and scare Bin Laden out of whatever hole he came out of. big grin

janus77

So i would love being him, and pretty sure that after a while I'd come to terms and master it.
Canadian midgets don't count as people!

and as far as OP's stips go, I'd be ok with being Banner and I'd just give very firm ultimatums to everybody that there isn't a force on Earth that can stop me and that I should be "let be" or else ...

wouldn't go about attempting to take over the planet because, well... what do I need to do a stupid and insecure thing like that for? I am The Hulk, after all... I know I can destroy the planet if I want to. I'd just remain chilled out and carefree.

Mindship
Originally posted by roughrider
So get on the path to eventually become the Maestro?
Have you ever dealt with traffic in NY?

PRAYERRUN

laughing don't wanna either. I'd avoid all cities.

tjcoady

It's honestly not that bad.

LA (my home city) is much, much worse.

But maybe that's just because on the occasions I've been in New York, I haven't had a car, and then could just the magnificently simple subway system.

Mindship
Originally posted by tjcoady
It's honestly not that bad.

LA (my home city) is much, much worse.

But maybe that's just because on the occasions I've been in New York, I haven't had a car, and then could just the magnificently simple subway system. Yeah, I've been to LA and it's no picnic either. But at least cars stop for you even if you jaywalk. In Manhattan, even having a green light your way doesn't guarantee an uneventful crossing. Plus, it's faster to walk than taking some buses.

tjcoady
Yeah, I've been to LA and it's no picnic either. But at least cars stop for you even if you jaywalk. In Manhattan, even having a green light your way doesn't guarantee an uneventful crossing. Plus, it's faster to walk than taking some buses.

Yeah, I was a little tripped out by the way both pedestrians, who just start jay-walking ANYWHERE and drivers just randomly risk their lives constantly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.